Sex iPhone 5 announcment due

MYstIC G

Official Licensed Lump of Coal™ Distributor
Staff member
FH Subscriber
I would imagine it'll be midnight in Cupertino.

Lethul

FH is my second home
What are BlackBerrys like anyway? I have never seen one outside of UK :(

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
they're brilliant for email, but I'd never get one as a smartphone for everyday use
I want a large screen for browsing / games / movies etc

Lethul

FH is my second home
Eh? They are freaking everywhere. Especially in business.

Certainly not in Sweden/Denmark/Norway where I am active :p

I can honestly say I have never seen an Blackberry phone irl (not even noticed one in any phone stores)

CorNokZ

Currently a stay at home dad
They're quite big in Spain actually. Friend of mine got one and it is utter shit. The internet keeps crashing and it just feels shit when you have it in your hand. Would never recomend anyone getting one of them

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
It means they can milk the sheep again in 6 months time with the brand new innovative Iphone 5.

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
I apologise for those above links, modmyi is usually better quality than that. Those are just apple pimping adverts.

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Currently download iOS5, more excited about the Galaxy Nexus Prime tbh.

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
My jailbroken iphone had all the improvements ios5 offered anyway. I'm not interested in my voice command stuff, I had that my hero and desire, I could send texts with it then and never used it.

I'm not going to upgrade.

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
I tried to jailbreak Wife 1.0 with voice commands.

"Get my pipe & slippers"
"What time's dinner?"
"The shed door's still not on straight!"
"The house needs moving to the left 3 inches"

Doesn't work.

Jiggs

Can't get enough of FH
I thought the iphone 5 would be the one to bring me back into the fold but this 4S ain't doing it for me. Going to stick with the nexus series.

Tom

I am a FH squatter
I love how wireless updates on the iPhone are somehow a big thing.

Having owned an Android phone since early 2010, I thought all phones were updated this way. Silently, in the background, with just a simple "do you want to upgrade" button when you wake up.

CorNokZ

Just installed iOS 5 on my iPhone. It deleted all my music and all of my apps, but saved all of my photos

I am in Valencia, didn't bring my external HD because I had all my music on my iPhone so now I am left with no music until the 23rd of December. It makes no sense that it can save your photos, but not your apps and music

All my Apple Fan-Boy friends have been having a huge wank over the iOS 5 for the last couple of weeks, but now I just feel like.. I've had an Apple shoved up my ass and some guy from above is looking down laughing at me

Just another reason to get Android. Samsung seems like they have overtaken Apple since the iPhone4 came out, perhabs not in market share, but their technology certainly seems better. If Apple thinks that I will be "upgrading" my iPhone4 to a 4S they must be mad as fuck

I knew that at some point Apple was going to screw me over, and was sort of expecting it to happen at this "upgrade", but since it asked me if I wanted to backup everything I thought it included apps and music as well. Not even my background is the same anymore..

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
The upgrade has fucked things up for a lot of people it seems, if they can even get it with Apple's servers being overloaded

MYstIC G

Staff member
FH Subscriber
CorNokZ: That's weird, my update told me that it would scrub all of that if I didn't carry it out on my main synced PC because I went to do it at work and was then like "erm, no, fuck that".

I don't think iOS5 is anything special tbh. Notifications centre is handy but doesn't make me wet myself with excitement. The iCloud re-downloading of stuff from iTunes is very good though. I'm yet to be sold on the WiFi sync as frankly the cable seems much faster and I have to charge the thing anyway.

I'd suggest anyone who's updated goes to Settings -> Locations Settings -> System Services and turns off "Location-Based iAds"

This is definitely a gripe for me because I'll be fucked if I'm using my battery up so Apple can track me and tell me that the Papa Johns down the road have a 10% off coupon.

For what it's worth I've also disabled the "Setting Time Zone" one as well as it seems to be on permanently as supposed to checking the time zone is still correct when another app accesses the location service.

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
Had you all just Jail broken you'd have most of this already. Notifications, better messaging 3rd party backup and sync porgrams.

CorNokZ

Just goes to show that I am getting a Samsung as soon as I have paid off this pos

The iPhone 4S has basically what Samsung had six months ago?

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
Yes but that is nothing new cokenose, apple have always been well behind the cutting edge. You buy apple you pay for software and style, not the best of the best.

Wazzerphuk

FH is my second home
Or if you had an Android you had all this stuff without breaking your phone a looooong time ago ;)

MYstIC G

Staff member
FH Subscriber
Had you all just Jail broken you'd have most of this already. Notifications, better messaging 3rd party backup and sync porgrams.
To be honest fella having jail broken previously there's nothing in that process that made me wet myself with excitement either. WiFi Sync was a paid app unless obtained from the pirate repos.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Save yourself the bother and get an android.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom