Insta Mezz

serious

Fledgling Freddie
nuky said:
this subject has been run through what, 1000 times before? tbh its gone past the 'discussion' stage.

why are u loosing to gank groups? u should almost never loose mez with over 2k range and a cast speed of 1s (or so).

the vid show's a sorc doing what it can to its full potential (pre-toa). yes, its fights they won etc, but fights they probably wouldnt have won if their sorc wasn't so damn good. again, i say, WATCH THE VIDEO.

sigh, last time i respond to you. the second paragr...ah well i cba
/ignore

S.

flex

Fledgling Freddie
nothing very special that sorc does tbh, there's not much special u can do about winning mezz, just be fast ...

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
nuky said:
why are u loosing to gank groups? u should almost never loose mez with over 2k range

because as we know there is nowhere in the frontiers that you don't get a clear view for 2.5k all around you... it's all flat and there's no hills or trees involved at all...

or do you have x-ray vision?

Aside from the "winning the first mezz" argument (which can go on for decades)...

instas are more for regaining the advantage than winning the first mezz anyway - e.g. hib group gets mezzed, purge (pretend there's no gp for a moment - stupidly overpowered crap that it is), instamezz.

mid group gets mezzed, purge, instamezz.

Alb group gets mezzed, purge, quickcast mezz and hope your cloth-covered arse doesn't die in the 2s it takes to cast?

Admittedly the qc mezz from a sorc is larger radius and longer duration than the instas - does that make up for it taking 2s to get out (by which time you may well be stunned or dead - qc is stoppable, instas aren't)

cougar

Fledgling Freddie
better if all realms had same classes maybe. more fun.

or not.

Filip

Fledgling Freddie
atm it seems most of the high profile gank groups/guilds from alb stopped to play .. or rerolled as hib or mid....

that cant be fun for mid/hib gank groups either...

dunno why it is now ppl left ... maybee becuase the time needed to be investet in daoc to be competetative (imho daoc still dont qualify for that term tbh) is to high for most ppl

Filip
Theurg in HB

Asha

Fledgling Freddie
This discussion is almost as old as the game itself (and nearly as pointless). I don't think insta are that bad compaired with other issues like pac/mend healers. That is going to be a whole lot bigger issue for Albies/Hibs facing 3xspread healers vs 1 rej. cleric/druid or crappy groups with 3 clerics/druid. Will be even more fun for hibs when GP goes.

No doubt NP will find Excali "fun" again in 1.69 ;)

Some comments in this thread really highlight why Alb does so badly and why the more good ppl leave, the worse it is to play in. . .

Bracken

Fledgling Freddie
rvn said:
also you seem to forget that on head collision the sorc should have enough time to unstick while rest of his grp goes ahead, and they get instad by healer/bard if they use that, while sorc is way back mezzing then demezzing :p

but since you have never ever been in an opted rvr group etc you totally lack experience in this subject.

1725 range vs 2150 is 425 range differance btw, not 375

POSTED BY AADIA

So you claim you have had a sorc once... ever played a sorc these days in rvr?
Times have changed and bringing out the 'wisdom' :eek: of the past isn't really the case now. Every patch and every expansion has changed the game. every player has to adapt and saying sorcs this or that (as it was in the past) isn't anymore how it is today.

Next time try and think of how it could be now before you start posting and trying to get everyone look like dummies :twak:

[NO]Subedai

Fledgling Freddie
if sorc drops bak and mincer charges forward to stun pac healer/bard then that is the best way for alb to win mes againgst mids/hibs. but fact remains that if there is no stun or whatever on bard/healer that a 1500 insta will beat 2030range mes. but as we all know not all fights start like that, many fights favour the insta mes heavily, e.g coming over hill at mill etc and near end of levi ridge, ye i know specific styles of driving can be done to aleviate this but fact remains it still happens.

Clipse

Fledgling Freddie
Asha said:
Some comments in this thread really highlight why Alb does so badly and why the more good ppl leave, the worse it is to play in. . .

When u die and release alot, people in your group bicker and fight, then start blaming each other. In easy realms you win more, you release less, everyone is happy with each other, they post self-hype threads. So there is a natural magnetism to the overpowered realms by the arrogant and confused or the ones that r just plain bored of dieing.

rvn

One of Freddy's beloved
Bracken said:
POSTED BY AADIA

So you claim you have had a sorc once... ever played a sorc these days in rvr?
Times have changed and bringing out the 'wisdom' :eek: of the past isn't really the case now. Every patch and every expansion has changed the game. every player has to adapt and saying sorcs this or that (as it was in the past) isn't anymore how it is today.

Next time try and think of how it could be now before you start posting and trying to get everyone look like dummies :twak:

ever played a sorc these days in rvr?

ive played both before and now. so yes .

Hotrats

Fledgling Freddie
rvn said:
also you seem to forget that on head collision the sorc should have enough time to unstick while rest of his grp goes ahead, and they get instad by healer/bard if they use that, while sorc is way back mezzing then demezzing :p
Exactly, sorc should most often win mezz unless jumped, no doubt. Trouble is sorc has to win mezz to make the fight fair, if you lose mezz, even to just a crappy ae insta its more than enough time for the enemy group to gain a huge advantage, usually by killing the sorc then interupting the clerics. Alb has very little hope of coming back, but thats with old style groups, with a caba/sorc group a lot less pressure on the mind sorc, but without GP a caster group sux, gotta wait for NF and 5 min purge.
rvn said:
yes, well for hibbs its basicly best if all get mezzed at the same time so they can all GP and get immunity timer at the same time instead of half of grp getting mezzed then gp -> then half mezzed :)
Can't wait till GP is removed, quite often I would try and mezz one half of a hib group, wait for GP then mezz the other half, never really worked that well though, was best just to open with ae root, most hib groups don't GP that (which means no pets on your ass), and if they do just slam an ae mezz on top.
nuky said:
watch PE's vid from alb/pryd

u guys could learn a lot from septina
She is good at the initial mezzing I agree, however absolute crap use of root, never use the gimp ae root on tanks unless its absolutely the only way to survive. I remember ae rooting Zzang when he had just got det 5 and he was literally moving at normal speed again 2 secs later. Also very little use of str/con debuff dex/qui debuff, using str debuff on wrong targets. It says at the end the vid is just a test though so...

Comos

Loyal Freddie
raven, congratz you are a full retard
you really have no idea about alb classes don't you?

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Comos said:

really what seems to be the problem, have mincer lead insta stun the bard or leading healer, as someone else said have sorc at the back, as soon as you see the enemy group you break off (as everyone should) the sorc doesnt even need to qc which means a 1s cast time on the mez, which is more than quick enough, as soon as the mez is casting he can start life tapping the bard at an insane cast speed. i have had a sorc life tap me to death at far less than the max range and i have 2.5k hits and capped resists. the most important part of a hib group is the bard also the hardest class to play in a hib group. and if you are going to cry about pets the sorc doesnt even need to be in pet range so thats shouldnt be a problem. in reality albs (not all) tend to stick and stay stuck then wonder why they die so quick.
On the whole it is harder to make a well balanced group in alb but the fact that everyone chooses retarded specs doesnt help, there is absolutly no point in having a 2h pallie but there is hundreds of them, sure make a class to have fun with but dont cry if the fun spec isnt the spec that wins.

Kaireem

Fledgling Freddie
Aussie said:
all fights start at 2k+ range m8s. the flat landscape of emain makes this possible. even if you win mez, just GP and mez the others. hi ez mode.

you have obviously not played a bard before...

nol

Fledgling Freddie
Comos said:

Calling someone a "full retard" is possibly the most retarded comment made on these boards. A half retard, or a semi retard, maybe a demi retard or a reta', you are either retarded or you are not.

Hotrats

Fledgling Freddie
Raven said:
and if you are going to cry about pets the sorc doesnt even need to be in pet range so thats shouldnt be a problem.
Pets are only really a problem after a GP, mostly cus they are all mezz immune and just love resisting qc ae root (never time for a non qc ae root unless your very lucky cus of pet speed bug).

I dunno about taking out bard first, would more likely want to take out chanter as he will most likely be first after you once mezz is out, problem is chanter can interupt you after just one lifetap with dps debuff so your only option is staying well out of 1.5k range. Pre-TOA there were just a few too many bugs in hibs favour, and now with grapple....

Danya

Fledgling Freddie
To these people saying have the minstrel stun the healer before insta lands. WTF?! Minstrel stun is 700 range, healer/bard have a 1500 range insta, you're not even going to get close before their castable mez lands, let alone instas.

nol

Fledgling Freddie
Danya said:
To these people saying have the minstrel stun the healer before insta lands. WTF?! Minstrel stun is 700 range, healer/bard have a 1500 range insta, you're not even going to get close before their castable mez lands, let alone instas.
I think they mean if the contact happens within the casting range advantage of the sorcerer, like if you meet on the top of levi hill coming from different sides.

Aeicaan

One of Freddy's beloved
you acually think bards only are good cuz they got insta mezz? i mean how long does it stay? and yea, single insta is really good vs other ccers but the ae insta is the sook

Undskyld

Fledgling Freddie
lol insta ae is sux.... u guys ever though of how long it lasts vs a det4/5 tank ? 90% off all pac healers wouldnt use that vs another grp unless he hes got no other alternative.. or atleast that how i feel about it.

Undskyld So rr6l4 healer

swords

Can't get enough of FH
love it when they say insta's are crap...you say its crap yet you use it all the time to farm those warders...just lazieness that since against unskilled foes you can easily get a normal mez off. *shrug* just my observation.

nol

Fledgling Freddie
swords said:
love it when they say insta's are crap...you say its crap yet you use it all the time to farm those warders...just lazieness that since against unskilled foes you can easily get a normal mez off. *shrug* just my observation.
Insta's are crap, they just happen to be useful crap :D Cast AOE mezz is very good, and sorc's have the best of that, where healers/bards have complete shite. On an open field, in keep/mg combat, a sorc should win every time. In hilly terrain, it all depends on whose faster with the insta button, healer, bard or yes believe it or not, minstrel. The real fuckup, is that Mid have 3 demezzers in optimum group, if they gave Alb another demezzer I think it would make a massive difference. And hib, bah, but at least GP makes up for that.

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
Raven said:
and if you are going to cry about pets the sorc doesnt even need to be in pet range so thats shouldnt be a problem

aoe mezz hib group, group purge, oh all the pets are now attacking the sorc without anyone hitting the attack button....

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom