Insta Mezz

Jpeg[LOD]

Fledgling Freddie
Raven said:
ffs when will you albs learn that you can actually pan the camara, you should have people looking all over all the time.

imo sorc should always drive in an alb group . therefore they be driving and others panning camera... now in that siuation , you got forexample the pally/arms/merc panning ... so they spot inc from behind/side...

lets say they take 1-2seconds to type INC INC (direction here) . sorc has 1-2seconds to take that in and face the inc ... put the cursor on target to mezz (cos they are out of range of nearest enemy key).. then the 1-2seconds qc/mezz?

so thats like ermm4-5seonds minimum ? to do all that ... whereas a bard can do virually the same in 3-4 seconds due to not aving to cast cos they can just insta. and that 1-2 seconds as we know in rvr is SO SO important. that 1-2 second time frame to land the 1st mez could and can be the difference between living n getting pwnd.

and the above timing im guesstimating at is for the good sorcs... where as any newb bard can turn on a pin and hit the insta mez button. :)

judas

One of Freddy's beloved
instas aint the problem its instas+gp/purge that aint fun :<
and grapple ofc ;>

oh and sorc dont drive they pan camera then when have targeted the "enemy" face and mezz :> as if u dont use /face you get u are moving and interupt your spell all the time :>

rvn

One of Freddy's beloved
Jpeg[LOD] said:
imo sorc should always drive in an alb group . therefore they be driving and others panning camera... now in that siuation , you got forexample the pally/arms/merc panning ... so they spot inc from behind/side...

lets say they take 1-2seconds to type INC INC (direction here) . sorc has 1-2seconds to take that in and face the inc ... put the cursor on target to mezz (cos they are out of range of nearest enemy key).. then the 1-2seconds qc/mezz?

so thats like ermm4-5seonds minimum ? to do all that ... whereas a bard can do virually the same in 3-4 seconds due to not aving to cast cos they can just insta. and that 1-2 seconds as we know in rvr is SO SO important. that 1-2 second time frame to land the 1st mez could and can be the difference between living n getting pwnd.

and the above timing im guesstimating at is for the good sorcs... where as any newb bard can turn on a pin and hit the insta mez button. :)

and then you are completely wrong.

oh and to QC mezz on initial mezz is extremely stupid because you get like 1sec slower cast. this only happens in the rp-cow groups, wich there are so many off in albion (and they would still just be mobile rps in any realm.)

serious

Fledgling Freddie
seeing als hibs/mids in most of the cases win the mezz war..it must be the fault of all the crappy albion sorcs..because everybody knows that moving to a hib/mid cc class it generaly means you have become uber at the same time.

always nice to see enemies inc and the following happens.
(if its a head/side on clash insta>>>castable)

out of range
out of range
start casting
you are mezzed and cannot cast.

or the nice

out of range
out of range
start casting
you forget what you are doing
you are mezzed and cannot cast

or the even better

out of range
out of range
start casting
xxx is attacking you (resist lullaby) and cast is interrupted
you are mezzed and cannot cast

i've seen them all...ill give you that against not l33t grps sorcs have it better, and mezz fights can be won..the others just cant. either battle grppurge, or battle 3 healers.

S.

rvn

One of Freddy's beloved
do any of you even have 25dex cap, mota3, aug dex2, correct race, and 10% toa cast bonus, 10% range bonus if you dont.. dont expect to win mezz.

and ive seen sorcs loose mezz soooooo often on excal, and ive seen 1 or 2 times where they sorc wasnt afk and won mezz :p

rvn

One of Freddy's beloved
sorc with propper armor and RA's should have:

~385dex (saracen 10dex start,25dex cap, aug dex2) , 10% cast speed, 10% range (5% exra range from zahur), 9% cast speed from mota.

and even with gimpy 360dex its still very possible :p

Runolas

Fledgling Freddie
From what I have experianced - driving and beeing main CC is imho the best solution, but then again Bards/Healers have insta's. Sorc is probably a more fun class to play, but when it comes to winning the CC-fight they will more often than not loose it. Bolt range is nice, but then again it hard to get enough time when ppl are running with mac5+ strait at you while you are running mac5+ strait at them. Running into Hib grps is usullay x10 times worse than Albion, cuz of insta mezz combined with PBAE.

flex

Fledgling Freddie
i first had 356 dex, mota2 & 10% toa speed wich i didn't cap my casting speed with.

After being tired of losing allmost every mezz war that didn't start @ full range i respecced to 368 dex, mota4 & 10% toa speed & now i finally cap my cast speed (1.2 sec for mez, 1sec for lifetap). It's better now but it's still alot harder for sorc to win mezz war then for bards / healers.

but ye, mid & hib is easymode in about everything compared to alb so that's probably how it's meant to be

Runolas

Fledgling Freddie
rvn said:
do any of you even have 25dex cap, mota3, aug dex2, correct race, and 10% toa cast bonus, 10% range bonus if you dont.. dont expect to win mezz.

and ive seen sorcs loose mezz soooooo often on excal, and ive seen 1 or 2 times where they sorc wasnt afk and won mezz :p

So a sorc _only_ needs to have those stats to win against the instas both Healers and Bards get 4 free - nice to know.

serious

Fledgling Freddie
rvn said:

cannot respec race..(believe me i wish i could). and you cant get the grp to go atk everytime you die in a fight..which leaves sorcs with sub-par buffs. and seeing as we dont wear chain, cant outrun end-buffed mids, cant survive stun debuffing luris, are target number1 after mezz..we die lots.

S.

serious

Fledgling Freddie
cougar said:
this sorc discussion will NEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEVER end.

nope it wont..therefor i vote:
get rid of ALL forms of insta cc (change them to casting ..not removing them)..give all cc-classes qc, comparable dex, comparable range.
i think that would be a major balancing step for DaOC.

S.

flex

Fledgling Freddie
& giv paladins resists buffs & you wont hear me whine anymore (wich i have more then enough reason to atm) :p

Mithradir

Loyal Freddie
if a sorc isnt awake enough/good enough to win a mez war with thier range and toa cast speed they should really consider rolling a new class.

I want to say my opinion on this matter. Correct me if i am wrong on my thinking but lets take the range advantage of sorc's mezz comparing it with the instant one. So far as we know the range that a sorc can mezz is 1875.

The range of instant is 1500 . Here we must notice 2 things.

First of all i want someone to tell me how much time will a group need to run the 375 range difference between those 2 kind of mezzes.

The second one that u all seem to ignore is that this is not a lan game .This is a net game. Ping and delay is unavoidable. So when 2 groups are going to cross it is almost impossible to avoid instant mezz. You need to have a great connection an uber pc and generally to have great reflexes in order to be successful.

So saying all the time about how simple is to mezz as a sorc while a group is running to u, it is a bit inaccurate.

PS: Greece ole :worthy: :worthy: :worthy:

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
rvn said:
sorc with propper armor and RA's should have:

~385dex (saracen 10dex start,25dex cap, aug dex2) , 10% cast speed, 10% range (5% exra range from zahur), 9% cast speed from mota.

and even with gimpy 360dex its still very possible :p

think that summed it up ;) to compete with a RR1 healer and their instas you need to have mota 3 (which is gone in NF incidentally) 10% cast speed and range from ToA, 25 dex cap and aug dex 2...

only requiring people to have a twinked out level 10 artifact laden suit. (and be RR3l4 but that's not exactly hard)

Versus someone who just found the way out of Modernagrav...

Clipse

Fledgling Freddie
Ive got +7% cast speed, 25 dex, Mota 3 Aug dex 2. When we have a head on collision, I target the driver usually a bard of ghey dwarf. slam F4 (face), with an instant 5 (base DD) or 2( bolt) if they r at a distance. Never once has that DD come off. Why because every head on collision U get Insta'd. Infact 9 out of 10 times we fight we always get insta'd.

This is usually what happens:
serious said:
out of range
out of range
start casting
you are mezzed and cannot cast.

Clipse

Fledgling Freddie
cougar said:
this Rvn discussion will NEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEVER end.

Yep u r right there.

Leme remind u guys, Rvn history :

Sorc ---- deleted
Zerker -- Thriving
Bard ---- Thriving.

Clipse

Fledgling Freddie
Mithradir said:
So far as we know the range that a sorc can mezz is 1875.

The range of instant is 1500 .

375 range is nothing. Just ignore his BS. You seem to forget that the two groups are moving together in a head on collision, that 375 range at speed 6 means jack shit. Oh and btw welcome back to emain.

Clipse

Fledgling Freddie
rvn said:
this only happens in the rp-cow groups, wich there are so many off in albion (and they would still just be mobile rps in any realm.)

If you view the game as "Rp-Cows" to farm, in such an elequent manner. Don't be bitter when u get your ass Zerged, coz u r our "RP-Cows". just don't think NP and FOM can camp amg-atk all day.

Clipse

Fledgling Freddie
haha, isn't it husmanskost strömming smörgåsbord smörgåsbord smörgåsbord smörgåsbord?

Clipse

Fledgling Freddie
btw m8s, if u ever see an NP dead spamm, camp mmg, they almost guaranteed to run back to mtk for rebuffs, so they can farm our brave "RP-Cows", with maximum overpowerdness.

Bracken

Fledgling Freddie
rvn said:
haveing played all 3 cc classes (before 1875 range, and after), sorc have no penalty in the mezz war if played/sc:ed correctly. :p

bard has to rely on insta singel or aoe insta on the main pac healer to win if the healer spots him (wich most decent healers do).

sorc however can unstick way back and mezz at 2150 range, however since most sorcs on excal dont seem to be paying attention nor panning they get jumped + insta:ed not a very nice comination. - get jumped with any cc class and you will loose.

Hmm so when the sorc spots the speed 6 enemy at 2150 range, so they have time to stop, target and cast yep you'd be right. Lots of fights that happens in though... :p

nol

Fledgling Freddie
Clipse said:
Ive got +7% cast speed, 25 dex, Mota 3 Aug dex 2. When we have a head on collision, I target the driver usually a bard of ghey dwarf. slam F4 (face), with an instant 5 (base DD) or 2( bolt) if they r at a distance. Never once has that DD come off. Why because every head on collision U get Insta'd. Infact 9 out of 10 times we fight we always get insta'd.

This is usually what happens:
You guys do win mez, but then you bolt the bard, break mezz and get insta'd.

nol

Fledgling Freddie
you have a reputation for it Zoy, in Hibernia we call you GP.

Javai

Fledgling Freddie
It is not impossible to win mezz but its is difficult, much more so for a Sorcs castable mezz than for any form of instant.

Example happened Friday we ran into fgh, I get in perfect mezz...Group Purge and 3-4 pets heading my way while rest of group get hit with instant....

The problem is that Sorcs have very few other tools to then defend themselves with, looking at instant vs bolt range vs qc vs dex etc etc doesn't give a well rounded picture.

Bracken

Fledgling Freddie
rvn said:

With all of that, and everything else being equal, then in the average fight (which doesnt start on flat land at 2150 range) insta will still win. That's a fact and its hilarious you still try and defend it. MOST fights lend themselves to instas winning. I really think mezz is the one area of the game where the realms should have things basically the same.

Clipse

Fledgling Freddie
nol said:
you have a reputation for it Zoy, in Hibernia we call you GP.
same old same old, somelse's joke in new wrapings. House 801, go buy a clue.

rvn

One of Freddy's beloved
Bracken said:
Hmm so when the sorc spots the speed 6 enemy at 2150 range, so they have time to stop, target and cast yep you'd be right. Lots of fights that happens in though... :p

no because the sorc are afk. or not suited to be sorcs.

nol

Fledgling Freddie
Clipse said:
same old same old, somelse's joke in new wrapings. House 801, go buy a clue.
Sorry Zoy that must have hurt for you to respond by writing down nonsense, I'll be softer next time ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom