Film Inception

Edmond

Is now wearing thermals.....Brrrrr
Russ and I are off to see it tonight, Its knocked The Godfather II off the number 3 spot in the IMDB top 250 already

Wazzerphuk

FH is my second home
that didn't carry through into the other deeper layer. it prolly was explained but I missed it

Due to the fact only the initial dream is being surrounded by the real-world events of the van, in the other dreams the dreamer is not in this van and therefore the effects will not be applied as their brain isn't experiencing it. At least, that's what I thought.

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
Due to the fact only the initial dream is being surrounded by the real-world events of the van, in the other dreams the dreamer is not in this van and therefore the effects will not be applied as their brain isn't experiencing it. At least, that's what I thought.

No, the van is also a dream. The real world was the plane. They explained that the loss of gravity was due to the time shifting effects; in other words the level 2 dream (hotel) was being affected by the level one dream (van) but wouldn't hit the level 3 dream (alpine) until some subjective time had passed, but they would eventually have been hit by loss of gravity in the alpine dream as well.

Billargh

I am a FH squatter
Russ and I are off to see it tonight, Its knocked The Godfather II off the number 3 spot in the IMDB top 250 already
Doesn't mean that much though when Godfather has over 3 times as many votes :)

MYstIC G

Official Licensed Lump of Coal™ Distributor
Staff member
FH Subscriber
No, the van is also a dream. The real world was the plane. They explained that the loss of gravity was due to the time shifting effects; in other words the level 2 dream (hotel) was being affected by the level one dream (van) but wouldn't hit the level 3 dream (alpine) until some subjective time had passed, but they would eventually have been hit by loss of gravity in the alpine dream as well.
Actually I think it's that they just affect 1 layer deep. The hotel got weird due to the movement in the van but then in the hotel they were all effectively in a bubble due to the gravity fuckup which would insulate them and prevent anything being passed down to the alpine level.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
It's one of those nice butt movies.

It's nice, but...lost potential.
Plot was nice, but...could've been more complicated.
Effects were nice, but...not enough playing around with dreams.

In short, good movie, should've had way more dream trickery, lack of imagination.

tierk

Part of the furniture
Just came back from seeing this and i ahve to agree with the majority it was a good movie. Not amazing but very good and tbh i dont expect any less from DiCaprio, who is growing on me more and more.

Shagrat

I am a FH squatter
It's one of those nice butt movies.

It's nice, but...lost potential.
Plot was nice, but...could've been more complicated.
Effects were nice, but...not enough playing around with dreams.

In short, good movie, should've had way more dream trickery, lack of imagination.

I disagree. The whole idea was based on getting into people's subconscious without attracting its attention. The one time they showed the dreams being manipulated she soon got wasted by his subconscious. I preferred the subtle way it was done.

I thought it was a very enjoyable and well structured movie.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
Its knocked The Godfather II off the number 3 spot in the IMDB top 250 already

That's just internet fanboys for ya tho.

Watched it last night. Glorious nonsense! Enjoyed it very much - mainly because it's one of the few action flicks that actually require you to keep track of things in your mind.

It's not overly complicated or hard to follow, moves along at a cracking pace and is very well cast. Nice job well done :)

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
I disagree. The whole idea was based on getting into people's subconscious without attracting its attention. The one time they showed the dreams being manipulated she soon got wasted by his subconscious. I preferred the subtle way it was done.

Not very subtle when there's 200 armed soldiers after you.

Enter dream -> need to use girls powers -> get noticed -> big army after you.

That would've been a bit better, now it was just a bunch of could've moments.

Yes it's enjoyable, but it could've been a lot better.

Overdriven

Dumpster Fire of The South
Just saw the movie. Rather good, did enjoy it.

LOVED the anti-gravity fight scene next to the lifts. Made me smile

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!

This.

Enjoyed it greatly, very good cast, good script, well directed and well produced.

great film, worth the cinema money, and I shall be getting this on blu ray.

I enjoyed the fact that the whole cinema was paying attention, it didn't really dumb down as a lot of films tend to these days.

As for the time stuff, I thought they pulled it off quite well, remember they missed the scheduled kick, the difference in time between the levels was well portrayed. I managed to suspend my disbelief, for those who didn't, maybe you were trying to hard to look for flaws?

ramathorn

Fledgling Freddie
seen it twice, enjoyed it much more the second time, knowing to look for the small things. think it is being massively over rated (it is not even close to worth its rank on IMDB). very good summer film - for me memento was better and being that its compared to the Matrix, I thought it was better too.

Tom

I am a FH squatter
I thought it was great, and really enjoyed it. I'm not going to start analysing it however, because what's the point?

I think he was awake by the end.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
Actually, I thought the last shot was the only cheesy and predictable thing about it. But yeah :)

Chilly

Balls of steel
the title music is je ne regret rien SLOWED DOWN 20x!

who's dreaming now, bitches?

taB

Part of the furniture
Was a fun watch.

I thought the gun fights were a bit crap. Point blank against the van with automatic weapons and not hitting prople.

Also, his children didn't age.

Krazeh

Part of the furniture
Also, his children didn't age.

People keep saying that but if you look at the credits for the film they used 2 sets of actors for the kids, aged about 2 years apart.

Billargh

I am a FH squatter
And you can't really say they're the same if you never see the faces of the kids in his memory.

Chilly

Balls of steel
And you can't really say they're the same if you never see the faces of the kids in his memory.

BUT they are in exactly the same place, pose, action, etc. It's obviously a dream - its 100% as he fantasized.

Krazeh

Part of the furniture
BUT they are in exactly the same place, pose, action, etc. It's obviously a dream - its 100% as he fantasized.

They're in different clothes tho, and apparently older, so it's not exactly the same

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
They're in different clothes tho, and apparently older, so it's not exactly the same

Which is what he expects and what his sub-conscious has given him. It's what he wants more than anything, which is why he does not stay to see if the totem falls or not.

Doh_boy

Part of the furniture
the title music is je ne regret rien SLOWED DOWN 20x!

who's dreaming now, bitches?

I thought the fact that they used that song (by Edith Piaf) when Marion Cottillard played her in a film was kinda fun. :D

Exioce

Part of the furniture
Just got back from this. Damn good sci-fi, no Matrix though. Also a bit too long.

There were dozens of kids in the place I saw it, can't imagine they enjoyed it much.

Zenith.UK

Part of the furniture
I went to see it yesterday and enjoyed it.
What I particularly liked was Ariadne's 'kicks' timed together perfectly. From her point of view she awoke into each level for a couple of seconds before the next 'kick' took her back up a level. From the outside world, all those 'kicks' happened in an eyeblink.

I'd say Cobb was under from the time he tried out the new sedative in the basement in Mombassa. Did anyone else catch the almost subliminal slowed down heartbeat sound behind many of the scenes?

Rulke

Can't get enough of FH
inceptionchart.jpg

MYstIC G

Official Licensed Lump of Coal™ Distributor
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Cool picture.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom