Important - Radar Accusations

TheBinarySurfer

Can't get enough of FH
Flimgoblin said:
it's not so much a libel thing as an in-game reputation thing...

Accusing people of radar on FH does two things:

1. encourages more people to use radar because "everyone is using it"

2. smears the name of innocent people when people get it wrong - sure there's radar users out there and you might be right when you post it.

If you're right - it does nothing to stop them radaring.
If you're wrong you've smeared the reputation of someone innocent.

Censi - you should know better, hence a 1-day ban. It's only been increased because you insist on creating alt accounts and posting - if you wish to discuss a banning you can PM moderators, not just post more of the same thing that got you banned.

The post I closed down was "Just a question about savages? where it was asked of people to post only yes or no - don't post any discussions, just yes or no" - that's a postfarm not a discussion. It was locked. Aloca posted exactly the same thing, that's taking the piss.

Someone later posted "give reasons why you like savages" - that's a discussion thread, that gets to live.

Now I don't have to justify myself to you, but I thought I'd give people an explanation incase the blindingly obvious nature of the lockings wasn't clear.

Leave the poor mod alone, his job is hard enough as it is without the grief.I should know, ive modded forums (not for daoc) in the past.My sympathies goblin.Wish someone would sort out all these grats threads though - its approaching 70% of all new rvr posts some weeks :flame:

-Freezingwiz-

Fledgling Freddie
censi said:
Theres literally dozens of players I suspect use radar (bucket loads of hibs to be sure). And out of those dozens I could probably be wrong about say as many as half of them.

Well as u said back when shade mode was the necro shade mode u could really see who used cheat, it was not like shades was easy to see if u was out of the range of the name to be show'n

and back then I almost always ran in shade mode from a bit before amg, I offen got away with it even with fgs hibs/mids running near by, I had loads of time to stealth etc.

but sometimes fg's pass amg-mmg road and then I stealth ofc, and after they get out of view they come back and lul/instant stun/mezz what ever because I offen run amg-mmg semi afk just spinning the camp while watching TV when I solo :p

but to all the fgs who never had a solo char, U do see more "funny" stuff about the fgs running around suddenly takeing a U-Turn or something right after u unstealth, or if u see 1 grp running past u, and suddenly another grp show up after them with spd 6 or something.

I'm not saying that everyone cheat, I have been standing all kind of places fighting another stealther in shade mode and several times fgs jsut passed us when both was in shade mode because they didn't see us.

some of them might have been because of lag pets(when fg chaseing another fg etc) some of it might have been some1 telling fg near [what ever], but nothing explain why ppl suddenly see a guy in shade mode out of clip range tbh when others can't see them from 1000-1500 range.

but hopefully NF will stop the cheating :wub:

Greenfingers

Fledgling Freddie
-Freezingwiz- said:
I offen run amg-mmg semi afk just spinning the camp while watching TV when I solo :p

I know that already, and it ain't simi-afk .... I know U tend to go to the shitter and load off, then come back wajning about being dead, killed by a mob :p

Bloodaxe_Springskalle

Fledgling Freddie
Flimgoblin said:
- if you wish to discuss a banning you can PM moderators
what a load of crap, i tried that and asked why i got banned once, and didnt even get a reason..
i am avare of that you don't have to justify anything to any of us, but i think you use your "instant ban" in situations where it could be avoided if the mod had some brains.

posting a warning in some other thread saying that next person that mention <cencored> will get a vacation does not qualify as warning in my opinion.

i posted X in post 1 and you warned about X in another post on page 2 or something.
newsflash: everyone doesent read everything on the board ^^
i dislike these forums becos of the way mod treat situations now so gimme a permanent vacation for all i care.
Flim, you aint suitable for this task!

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
Bloodaxe_Springskalle said:
posting a warning in some other thread saying that next person that mention <cencored> will get a vacation does not qualify as warning in my opinion.

depends on who it is to be honest - if it's someone actively participating in that thread then it does, if it's someone who I've been talking to in PMs about the subject then they should consider themselves warned.

If it's something out of the blue they get PMed a warning for the most part.

Bloodaxe_Springskalle

Fledgling Freddie
i didnt get a warning in PM, i just asked why someone got banned, posting at work i read only when i get time so 10 minutes later i wanted so see if any replies where there, and the post where gone so i asked if my post where deleted.
so i asked again why the guy was banned and recieved USA government-ish replies wich made me laugh and asked again then got banned. later someone provided a link in my thread to the thread where the warning was issued.
i agree that some of the things i said while getting pissed might be banable but the warning about the subject i was talking about where weak.
i wasnt innocent, but the mods did not do a good job either.

etcetra

One of Freddy's beloved
Cliccz0r^ said:
realy dont see the point in why ppl cant post about ppl that they think uses radar - to me it just seems like a way for u to bust u ban counter. btw ? any way we can see it ?

Because that will automaticly cause others to believe they cheat too, and people will act different towards the named ones.

And that ruins their gamingexperience, guilty or not.

tookha

Fledgling Freddie
I find it quite funny to be honest. Seeing a random asshat coming here with a newly registered FH account and 100% anonymity (sp?) claiming he knows this and that.
Always makes a more or less interesting read :D

Slipurson

Fledgling Freddie
Speaking of Radarusers... it has become much less of those strange "pops" here and there when u unstealth for a while to run faster or just use some arte..

and a few of those i thought where using radar (without posting their names here) is gone, suspended, banned or just inactive i dont know but gone they are :clap:

and posting names of radarusers does as ppl say nothing else then just maybe blame ppl wrongfully.. as it is now when someone is blamed for radar ppl just say "ooh ok..." and then go on with what they did, but still i wouldnt like it to be accused of using radar if i didnt..

arsen

Fledgling Freddie
gotta love it when xping artis in hadrians wall .. far from any rvr action & any place of rvr significant action, and suddenly fg of enemy realm drop on you.

i figure if im gona post an opinion on it anywhere its best in this post..

pve .. fine, handy for toa'ing etc, rvr.. get a conscience, if you dont know howto rvr properly without it ... maybe the desire to be a super leet uber 8 member rvr guild is too strong, and you suck so much you cant beat a group / soloer without the element of supprise.
wouldnt you rather be genuinely better than somone, rather than .. lets face it, cheating?
</whine> :)

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
If you find a post accusing someone of radar please use the "report bad post" button (the exclamation mark underneath the avatar of the person posting) to report it.

Xoxarle

Fledgling Freddie
I can't believe i actually read all this...

But err, just one question, i've seen a lot about so called 1 and 3 day bans, has this actually happened to anyone using radar? I dno't want to know specific names, just have a personal interest in knowing if anyone actually has been banned for such a short period of time for purposefully and damagingly cheating...

Lethul

FH is my second home
Xoxarle said:
I can't believe i actually read all this...

But err, just one question, i've seen a lot about so called 1 and 3 day bans, has this actually happened to anyone using radar? I dno't want to know specific names, just have a personal interest in knowing if anyone actually has been banned for such a short period of time for purposefully and damagingly cheating...

yes, a certain rr10 sm has been banned for an XX amounts of day(around 15 days ;P) But they say the will treat the rest of radar uses differenly, right :wanker:

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
the 1st wave of bans were 15 days as a warning (should have been perma) but now as far as i know anyone found to be doing it gets a perma ban.

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
There's a very simple solution for ppl who, for whatever reason, are fed up with FH...set your own DOAC discussion forum web site up. Its a free country, so you don't even have to moderate it if you don't want to.

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
If you believe someone has seriously cheated, the WORST thing you can do is to post on FH. GM's need proof, and if someone sees themselves posted about on FH, they'll either stop, or become far more cautious and thus harder to catch. So please, if you seriously think you see someone cheating, sent it to rightnow, and then keep quiet about it.

Bloodaxe_Springskalle

Fledgling Freddie
imo its better we frame alot of ppl so they become catious or stop becos goa aint doing jack shit anyway so if we make them stop by slandering on FH then the work is done as good as it will ever be... just my 50 cents ^^

youngbaba

Fledgling Freddie
ROFL 1st time I've looked in this section, stil can't believe Excal has enough whiners to justify this sticky

youngbaba said:
ROFL 1st time I've looked in this section, stil can't believe Excal has enough whiners to justify this sticky

When ppl like[***********] runs around for 2 years and not beeing banned, then there is a juste reason :p

Belomar

Part of the furniture
Good job on totally missing the point of this thread, Matriarch. :rolleyes: I guess there is one born every minute.

snushanen

Fledgling Freddie
I agree with Flim in that if it is allowed to frame people on FH , MANY innocent will get framed and humiliated i think. But what about this when GOA finds out about a cheater and punish him ( if they do dunno tbh ) then GOA post their names on a humiliation list either here or on camelot-europe.com I saw a "GOA news" once said that they had banned loads of people for radar etc and i think they deserve their name posted on a "black list" witch everyone can see. In that way everyone knows wo cheats if they come back after a 1-year-ban or whatever punishment they get.

Gamah

Banned
I think Radarers should be put in stocks and owned with rotton eggs.

Or a strip tease by flim, both would be discusting =(

tips

Fledgling Freddie
we all know hibs are the bugg abusers of this server cluster

thay just cant stop bugg abusing roll on hib gimp (soon as posible plz) and let mids get the under pop realm off hibs as thay well not under pop any more

Sardine

One of Freddy's beloved
Radar should be allowed now with the minority who still play, must get pretty tiresome roaming for hours looking for those 17 players who for some reason still have activated subs.

Zerubiel Propane

Loyal Freddie
Radar should be allowed now with the minority who still play, must get pretty tiresome roaming for hours looking for those 17 players who for some reason still have activated subs.

Nahh.

Set fire, wait 5 minutes...

wait a bit longer...

INC!!! FGM!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom