Important Information and Q&A!

Torn

Fledgling Freddie
you'll be able to put your keys in sometime next week.

thanks. are you saying that the account management stuff isn't available yet?

If so, do you know which site we are going to have to register with? Because GOA's war-europe.com won't even let me register a normal account

Faya

Fledgling Freddie
Do you get the WAR newsletter? If so, go to the site you registred to get it, if not...then i got not much other then Flim, go war EU and register..dunno why you cant thou.

Faya

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
thanks. are you saying that the account management stuff isn't available yet?

If so, do you know which site we are going to have to register with? Because GOA's war-europe.com won't even let me register a normal account

I expect it'll be Warhammer Online : Age of Reckoning. (make sure you have the www)

I'd also expect the dxdiag thing to go away for the live account management.

If you're having problems try:

1. clearing your cache
2. checking you're not blocking the dxdiag upload from your firewall.

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
So glad the FH mods are on the case :)

Retrothrowback - Flim4Prez

I'm not a mod in this forum, just a random goblin ;)

but I'll still be president if you really want.

Edit: muhauhauhau, now I am... the power! the power! etc.

Dervish

Fledgling Freddie
Could GOA/Mythic please let us know whether a game code from an SE box will be enough to keep a CE headstart account running?

Recent announcements from HMV about them having oversubscribed their allocation of CE boxes coupled with their insane insistance that CE boxes will be first come first served means a lot of people may start CE headstart accounts but find themselves later locked out because they couldn't get their CE box code.

If HMV insisted that CE boxes only go to pre-order box holders then this wouldn't be a problem but they seem set to just whack them on the shelves on release day.

Xandax

Loyal Freddie
Nice - looks like GOA is stepping up communication now with some answers on head start dates. :)
CE the 14th - SE the 15th.

Good to see them using their web site more now.

mykiep

Regular Freddie
Could GOA/Mythic please let us know whether a game code from an SE box will be enough to keep a CE headstart account running?

Recent announcements from HMV about them having oversubscribed their allocation of CE boxes coupled with their insane insistance that CE boxes will be first come first served means a lot of people may start CE headstart accounts but find themselves later locked out because they couldn't get their CE box code.

If HMV insisted that CE boxes only go to pre-order box holders then this wouldn't be a problem but they seem set to just whack them on the shelves on release day.
I also would like to find an answer for this as i feel i may be in the same boat. I would hate for that to happen to me, like most who bought from HMV i would imagine.
So would it be possible to continue to play with a SE or would we be locked out?

Faya

Fledgling Freddie
Checking if i can find an official answer to that.
As it is now, assumptions are, that when you have CE in your current account page, you can play the extended HS, no items or special stuff.
Come release day (and end of official said grace period of unknown days), depending what codes you put in THEN (from whatever edition you might have, GOLD CD key) the account will give specials bound to the CD key.
So far my understanding of the handling.
If i find anything official, i will post asap.

Faya

Jonnyrocker

Fledgling Freddie
I find this kinda interesting they say CE gets a headstart at the 14 of september and also OB starts at the 7 sept. what i dont get is this in the latest official QA from the official website.

Q. How can I register my early access code?

A: From the 15th September, go to Warhammer Online : Age of Reckoning to create your account and put your early access code into the “Register Codes” of the “My account” section.
This would be kinda interesting to hear IainC comment on this.
From what i understand in your QA is that all registering on the site with codes starts at the 15 and understandably arises the question where to register the open beta codes when you are CE owner.
Or how do we get the headstart when we cant register before the 15th :).

I hope you see i am a bit ironic maybee this has been answered then i am sry for posting this but still it should be corrected in the QA.

Regards J

Xandax

Loyal Freddie
I find this kinda interesting they say CE gets a headstart at the 14 of september and also OB starts at the 7 sept. what i dont get is this in the latest official QA from the official website.

This would be kinda interesting to hear IainC comment on this.
From what i understand in your QA is that all registering on the site with codes starts at the 15 and understandably arises the question where to register the open beta codes when you are CE owner.
Or how do we get the headstart when we cant register before the 15th :).

I hope you see i am a bit ironic maybee this has been answered then i am sry for posting this but still it should be corrected in the QA.

Regards J

We've been told the account center should be up the first week of September - but we do not know specifically when yet.
We need the center prior to the Open Beta.

Chrismorris

Fledgling Freddie
We've been told the account center should be up the first week of September - but we do not know specifically when yet.
We need the center prior to the Open Beta.

Im guessing the very last day of this week ;)

Xandax

Loyal Freddie
Im guessing the very last day of this week ;)

Well, we got the download in good time, so hopefully GOA is cleaning up their act and it'll come up in "plenty of time" as well :)
I'm not convinced though, and would plan with the last day of the week myself.

partyanimal

Fledgling Freddie
some ppl fell in the big cauldron of black coffee, when they were young...
try decaffeined for a change!
:drink:

Xandax

Loyal Freddie

I've only had one cup of coffee in my life and I spat it out. This was when I was in the army and it was 20 degrees below while I was guarding a silly farm in the middle of the night, and coffee was the only warm thing we had.
So I doubt it's black coffee which made me paranoid :D

Javai

Fledgling Freddie
I know this is getting a little ahead of myself, but is there a timeframe yet for revealing the names/types of servers which will be available on the 14th.

Overdriven

Dumpster Fire of The South

WTF?! How dare you tell people to drink decaf?! That's like telling people to smoke "Light" cigarettes. :( Sinner.

Xandax

Loyal Freddie
I know this is getting a little ahead of myself, but is there a timeframe yet for revealing the names/types of servers which will be available on the 14th.

Yes - that would be nice to know, so guilds can coordinate creation etc.

Chrismorris

Fledgling Freddie

all GOA have said is we will know some time before live head start begins.

Cyradix

FH is my second home
Posted by Mark on Warhammeralliance :

Mbj said:
Well, we are certainly not going to open all the servers that we have racked when the HS begins, that would be a huge mistake as lots of people could get stuck on servers that might not have a lot of people on them for weeks. It's a tough balancing act. We are certainly going to open extra servers at launch and population cap them initially (so the lowbie areas aren't filled to the brim) and then raise the cap to allow more people to get on after people start tiering up.

I wish I could say that there was a simple solution but there isn't. We can do things to try to help the problem but even allowing people to freely transfer between servers won't eliminate the problem totally and then could create another problem itself. Even with a moving pop cap, there is still the chance that people might not be able to get on to a server with a friends if that server is full. We'll just have to see how things play out and react accordingly.

Mark.

I sure hope GOA will open up all servers for the HS. Would be a waste of the HS if my guild ends up on another server at launch because my HS server was full....

peo

Fledgling Freddie
Posted by Mark on Warhammeralliance :

I sure hope GOA will open up all servers for the HS. Would be a waste of the HS if my guild ends up on another server at launch because my HS server was full....

Thinking the same thing.
A game like this is based on community and everyone in different guilds don't buy pre-orders. So if they limit the servers I hope the server cap is large enough for the launch day people to join basically any server they wish including the head start ones.
I mean that the head start servers in that case should have a much much lower cap to make sure that there is adequate room for people comming later.
But it sounds more the opposite... few servers and a low cap that won't be raised.

IainC

English WAR Community Manager
We intend to have all of our servers open for the headstart. We don't want to force everyone onto a selection of servers just because all their friends with pre-orders had to start there.

pikeh

Resident Freddy
We intend to have all of our servers open for the headstart. We don't want to force everyone onto a selection of servers just because all their friends with pre-orders had to start there.

Great news! Thankyou IainC!

peo

Fledgling Freddie

Thanks, thats good news.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom