Important Information and Q&A!

Ypnos

Fledgling Freddie
Faya – I’m sorry to hear that you don’t find my post interesting. It is, however, not flamebait. I’m not FH’s most active poster by any stretch of the imagination, but you will also find that I’ve never been in a flame war with anyone on FH or its previous incarnation, since 1998 when I joined. It is only flamebait if interpreted as such :)

Back to the topic. The point of my post was that it is frustrating that we (EU) are not being treated equally with customers in the rest of the world… We’re all really looking forward to W:AR’s release, but some of us (I am not alone quite obviously) grow more and more frustrated with the lack of activity here in Europe… Those of us who have worked in the software industry are also acutely aware of these ‘warning signs’, which could spell disaster for the release dates.

Xandax

Loyal Freddie
Ypnos - goa.com is a casual games portal - what do you expect it to look like?

Xandax - they've posted the official information that's confirmed (such as release dates) Why should they put up a news story on their website about what's not in their collectors edition?

Who said it has to be news stories about that? Not every article created on a web page needs to be classified as news.
The FAQ could be updated every once in a while with information, after all they are Frequently Asked Questions, and the questions people ask, they do so frequently.

GOA is communicating poorly by not utilizing their web site; they encourage and participate in this sense of communication, because people will go to the site, see no information, go the US site and see loads of information, then become confused whether what they read concerns them or not. And because there is no or very little information on GOA's site, they have few ways of deducting whether it does concern them or not.
And if you think people don't go to the obvious source of information first - then you've not read forums lately and the ensuring confusion stemming from people reading Mythic site. It is only because we frequent these forums we can keep somewhat up with the spin from GOA once we're lucky enough to track a "dev post".
Had GOA released simultaneous, or near enough, information about Open Beta, Closed Beta, and what not and what they couldn't and could do .... then we'd not be in this mess they are currently in with potential customers complaining about a lot of things.
And no - the WAR-EU web site is not purely marketing.

What I keep saying is that it is strange that GOA provides contradicting information in forums, wrong information in forums, utter "expectations" and hints at what people will get, and then do not return with anything regarding those expectations and hints, in forums.
And then afterwards "complain" in forums that people are repeating wrong (GOA stated) information.
Most, if not all, of these problems could be solved a heck of a lot easier.

The main reason this is a problem is because we *have* to use the US site for information, where a lot of information is provide a lot faster then GOA can do. That only amplifies the perspective of GOA as being slow.
There is no draw back to using their web site - other then the fact their mess ups become more public.
And yes, I do think they use forums because it is easier to hide information that way, and out of the public eyes. I see no other logical reason for allowing this mess they've created to continue unchecked.

Jonnyrocker

Fledgling Freddie
Hey there i wanted to post a new thread apparantly not allowed too.

I just saw on the US site that the server names had been published dont know if these are the names they are going with on launch but just wanted to know if we get a name list soon as well so that friends can choose the same server before launch.

Regards J

Faya

Fledgling Freddie

I just saw on the US site that the server names had been published dont know if these are the names they are going with on launch but just wanted to know if we get a name list soon as well so that friends can choose the same server before launch.

Regards J

Cant find the server list..could you place a link please?

Faya

Fefner

Can't get enough of FH

Regards J

Trying to find that list but cant seem to see them, any link?

Legean

Fledgling Freddie
Think thats likely to be the Beta servers names and theyve taken it to be the Live server names. At least theres only 23 there and i'm sure there will be many more then the game goes live.

Faya

Fledgling Freddie
Faya – I’m sorry to hear that you don’t find my post interesting. It is, however, not flamebait. I’m not FH’s most active poster by any stretch of the imagination, but you will also find that I’ve never been in a flame war with anyone on FH or its previous incarnation, since 1998 when I joined. It is only flamebait if interpreted as such :)

I of course apologize, i tried to made my post lightweight using :), seems we both got it wrong there, again apologizes :)

:cheers:

Faya

Ypnos

Fledgling Freddie
So where's this update we were meant to be getting today :)

pikeh

Resident Freddy
It's 11:52. Was everyone up at the crack of dawn, f5 buttons at the ready or something?

still a good 5 hours left of the business day.

Faya

Fledgling Freddie
It's 11:52. Was everyone up at the crack of dawn, f5 buttons at the ready or something?

still a good 5 hours left of the business day.

Actually, because of some insisting insects in my room, im up since 3am :) so i checked every few hours now :lol:

Faya

Faya

Fledgling Freddie
Well you know..Mosquito like things just THIS big and skimming just above you waiting, patiently, until you sleep to decent onto you and drink your blood! Leaving you an empty husk of a former healthy human...hmh..dinner i think..back in abit

km13.jpg (image)

:cheers:

Faya

peo

Fledgling Freddie
First of all, the UK price lowering is nothing but a rumour. I'll try to confirm or deny this as soon I can. Further, I'll try to find out whereas customers who are neither living in the UK or in an Euro area will be paying in their own currency, or if they will be paying in Euro (it seems highly unlikely Swedes would be paying in GBP rather than Euro so I'd exclude that possibility for now), effectively subjecting their subscription fees to the exchange rates of the Euro.

-Magnus

Any news on this???
Someone claimed you have confirmed the lower prices for example but can't find a shred of evidence of that.
Does that mean the the rest of us will get lower prices or will we subsidize the UK and what about us who doesn't live in a euro country what will we pay? Will we have a fixed sum or will that fluctuate dependant on the currency?

peo

Fledgling Freddie
EU subsidies - never happen :m00:

If the UK pays less then they are being subsidized by the rest of the EU paying more. Quite simple, you can call it a rebate or a stuck on a island discount or whatever. If they are paying less it is a subsidy and it would be rather odd for a company to do that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom