Important Information and Q&A!

Discussion in 'Warhammer' started by Jupitus, Aug 15, 2008.

1. Xandax

Xandax Loyal Freddie

Another question:
    When will we get our "Herald" page with guild info etc?
    At Launch/live, "soon(tm)" after launch or ..... ?

2. IainC

IainC English WAR Community Manager

Not yet. Probably for Headstart, some will of course be revealed tomorrow.

At launch is the current plan I believe.

3. Xandax

Xandax Loyal Freddie

Oki - thanks :)

Oh - follow up (just remembered) - will the Realm War/herald page provide us with an XML feed so guilds can make their own?

4. Acrisius91

Acrisius91 Fledgling Freddie

I have studied webdesign in school. Sure I failed, but that was only because I failed to deliver an important assignment in time. That is not the point though. The point is that the class left me with enough knowledge to honestly say that this guy is completely right in every one of his points. Flash IS great, but like most things in life, it can be overused. I personally have to refresh the site 2-5 times before everything works relatively well.

MY point? Listen to that guy.

Edit - no dubious vids please.

5. neomax

neomax Fledgling Freddie

about that flash thing

hey first time for me writing in this forum any way. it seems like reg acc at warhammer online europe site is frustrating. that little accept code doesnt show. some error.???? so how are we suppos to be able to play if we cant reg or accounts.

thx for giving ous hopes:ninja:

6. Faya

Faya Fledgling Freddie

I am sure the answer is here somewhere but it seems i have trouble loading most threads so i ask here:
    Can i use my email adress i used to register for the newsletter or do i have to create a new email adress?

Faya

7. Xandax

Xandax Loyal Freddie

Knowing the state of the account center:
    When will we be able to enter our Head Start keys? And please do not say the same day as Head Start begins or "before" Head Start begins.

I do not have access to my account so I can't check if it is possible already?

8. pikeh

pikeh Resident Freddy

I'm hoping that the problems they fix for the OB will dissapear by head-start. Lets hope they learn by their mistakes this time.

9. Soazak

Soazak Part of the furniture

Sorry if it's been covered, there's a lot to get through...

What are the rules on account sharing etc? This rule was quite a focal point of GOA in Daoc that mythic did not share.

Also, will there be any server(and/or account) transfer similar to that in WoW?

10. Cordain

Cordain Fledgling Freddie

Id like to know about server transfers as well. I played EU DAOC and by the time i moved to the US server Pryd had something like 100 players on peak times. If there would have been a chance to transfer to a more populated server i would have done so.

11. Horseman

Horseman Fledgling Freddie

Magnus here is my question
    just was trying to get one more key and i encountered this:
    Legal Stuff

1. Contestants must be over 13 years of age.
    2. Only one entry per person.
    3. Open beta starts on September 7th and ends on September 18th
    this is information from war.warcry

does this mean there will still be beta fase while others are having headstart on the 14th with CE alrdy?

this headstart is very important for me as i took days of work especially for that headstart^^

could u give some more info on it plz and can u assure its still scheduled on time?

thx in advance

12. dangermouse

dangermouse Fledgling Freddie

what i would like to know at the moment is when can i get in?? my code was validated at 4p.m yesterday and i still havent had an email and still cant get into the beta... last offical update i saw said that the remaining 10,000 people can now get in so why cant i ???

anyone got any ideas??

13. Grimlorn

Grimlorn Fledgling Freddie

How come I can't create a thread yet? I have some questions and things I'd like to ask about the game, but don't have the ability to do so. I'm pretty sure I have probably 50 posts by now. My title changed.

14. TdC

TdC Trem's hunky sex love muffin Staff member Moderator

you don't see the New Thread button?

15. ECA

ECA I am a FH squatter

I wonder what's going to happen first, my account being activated or my US download finishing ( oddly enough getting that account created and activated took < 2 minutes ).

16. pez

pez Can't get enough of FH

Even if you get in to Euro Beta i hope you want to play Order. Destruction is currently full ;)

17. ECA

ECA I am a FH squatter

Order is the plan atm woo.

18. Grimlorn

Obvioiusly I see it. Otherwise I would be asking where the new thread button is. Everytime I click on it, it says I don't have authorization to make new threads. I'm just curious why that is, because I'd like to create one.

19. TdC

TdC Trem's hunky sex love muffin Staff member Moderator

how strange. I've reported your post (in a good way) to see if the men pulling levers and oiling the cogs that is FH can help you out.

20. rynnor

rynnor Rockhound Moderator

How odd - must be somehing to do with user groups but tis odd.

21. Grimlorn

Thanks, but really I just wanted to make a thread asking what kind of endgame content there was for Warhammer. I know there is city raiding to kill the king, but that's about all I know. Was hoping there was other stuff to do at 40.

22. stoff75

stoff75 Fledgling Freddie

Question for the GOA guys : Will the account database be wiped before head start? As a software developer I ofc see the positives in starting with a clean slate, but considering how many, MANY!!!, angry gamers they have now it would make sense to re-think that and only wipe the accounts that have never logged into the game during this week.
    (I mean, how many duplicate accounts was created on sunday when we never got the e-mails?? I created like 4! So only whiping the ones that never logged in would save a big f*cking headache for everyone involved! Ofc that's just my opinion and experience talking...)

23. Bahumat

Bahumat FH is my second home

I assumed you kept the accounts, but just lost your beta chars...

24. Raven

Raven Brrrrr!

When will they be putting the "validation" button back onto their useless website? tried to validate my CD key at work and at home in both firefox and explorer.

Waste of time really :(

25. Dervish

Dervish Fledgling Freddie

For the love of god why are you not telling us which servers WILL available for headstart? You tell us which servers will be available for launch then say SOME won't be there for headstart. How is that supposed to help guilds/alliances co-ordinate? You know, the serious ones who all have pre-orders and headstarts just waiting to go...

You also do a press release stating how GOA will be showing of WAR at GamesDay UK. How many people (particularly GM's like myself) at GamesDay would love to have the issue of which server to roll on settled by then so they can tell their guild where to play? Instead it's all going to be phone calls here and there and trying to find someway to post it on a forum.

This is a ridiculous decision, please reverse it and announce which servers WILL be available for headstart. It wasn't so long ago you told us this:

Why change such a sensible idea???

• Like Like x 2
  26. Bahumat

Bahumat FH is my second home

Repped - Spot on!

27. stucampbell

stucampbell Fledgling Freddie

I finally get a confirmation email that everything is sorted and that I can now patch...and the email says my beta period ends tomorrow!!! WTF?? I'm at work today and at a conference tomorrow! So this has all just been a massive waste of my time!

Is there any way to extend the beta period?

I must say, I'm really pissed off by this whole experience.

28. Javai

Javai Fledgling Freddie

Sadly Beta has to end tomorrow in order for Live Headstart to begin on Sunday.

29. Xandax

Xandax Loyal Freddie

No - they are launching for CE head start on Sunday, and us CE holders would be very annoyed if they changed that :D

Edit: Basically - what ^ he said. :D

30. NavaloreShadowvar

NavaloreShadowvar Loyal Freddie

just a question, if i decide to buy WAR off dlgamer.com for example wud i get the option to download the game files now or on the actually early release date? thanks