Important Information and Q&A!

Linnet

Fledgling Freddie
So basically in the UK and ireland if we want the 3 day bonus we have to buy the premium 40 quid version from EA?

Wait till the page has been formally announced by one of the CMs, it may be they haven't finished the list yet.

pez

Can't get enough of FH

Legean

Fledgling Freddie
So basically in the UK and ireland if we want the 3 day bonus we have to buy the premium 40 quid version from EA?

It says the Premium copy is for Open Beta Access. You will get the other bonuses no matter who you order from, provided its on that list.

pez

Can't get enough of FH
It says the Premium copy is for Open Beta Access. You will get the other bonuses no matter who you order from, provided its on that list.

thats what i mean, the only UK and Ireland retailers are EA and Gamespy D2D.

Zoldot

Fledgling Freddie
Well seem's like everything is in order now..

If you preorder normal SE you get headgame livestart (3days, guessing CE get 4 days)
+ ingame items..

if you instead order SE Premium (only from EAstore) you also get access to open beta.

whereas if you order CE you get open beta + longer live game headstart + ingame items + ingame ranks + ingame graphics on heads + mousemat + some other shit like figure and books n stuff :p

Chrismorris

Fledgling Freddie
Glad i ordered a CE from the very day it went up for order, So much confusion i have saved myself ;)

The days are getting longer and longer the closer to release we get. :(

Aada

Part of the furniture
Glad i ordered a CE from the very day it went up for order, So much confusion i have saved myself ;)

The days are getting longer and longer the closer to release we get. :(

Yeah i got the CE too.

One thing that is worrying me the codes that we got with the CE pre-order box must be so freaking old what if they don't work?

Dervish

Fledgling Freddie
Yeah the link is there too now, it wasn't earlier. Interestingly IainC has already confirmed that D2D are premium partners also but they're not on the list. Also we expected play.com to be on there too since they have been saying they ARE doing open beta too and are sending codes out today. The list of CE pre-order partners grew over time, maybe this list will it's just odd D2D are not on there now if GOA already know they are premium partners, currently they're not on there at all.

Xandax

Loyal Freddie
Yeah i got the CE too.

One thing that is worrying me the codes that we got with the CE pre-order box must be so freaking old what if they don't work?

One of my "fears" as well. Which is why I seriously question GOA's planning phase. But I guess we'll see when they "soon(tm)" open the Account Center in plenty of time before Open Beta.

Faya

Fledgling Freddie
Yeah the link is there too now, it wasn't earlier. Interestingly IainC has already confirmed that D2D are premium partners also but they're not on the list. Also we expected play.com to be on there too since they have been saying they ARE doing open beta too and are sending codes out today. The list of CE pre-order partners grew over time, maybe this list will it's just odd D2D are not on there now if GOA already know they are premium partners, currently they're not on there at all.

[EU] Standard Edition PreOrder available - Warhammer Forums

This is a compiled list for easy read...i wouldnt emerge myself in the thread if i wanted to stay insane thou.
And the main WAR EU site has a new button...clicking that will bring you to the SE edition page...reading the header text just under the Box shows EA and D2D.

Faya

Dervish

Fledgling Freddie
Yeah I saw where it said about D2D, it's just not in the clickie list at the moment. The button appeared this afternoon too and loads of new news items AND link to download client. +1 GOA :wub:

Bahumat

FH is my second home
lmao I look after websites and the worst thing with Flash is the fact your machine/proxy can cache old content. It's a bitch to clear on IE as the option usually fails. Firefox is much better at clearing the cache, however this is the reason I wished they never used Flash.

Jonnyrocker

Fledgling Freddie
Looks like the OB downloader has been published naturally using the pirated media bittorrent :) nah just kidding.
Bit slow download but thats the way it is with bt sometimes.

J

Idris

Fledgling Freddie
Well seem's like everything is in order now..

If you preorder normal SE you get headgame livestart (3days, guessing CE get 4 days)

Would be nice to get official word on the headstart for CE pre-orders, but imagine that's in news to come! (need to know how much I miss by going to Games Day ;p)

Torn

Fledgling Freddie
Right, so direct2drive have emailed me my open beta key for my EU SE pre-order. (I assume EA store have emailed theirs too).

The thing is ... where do I enter the key? I've tried creating an account on Warhammer Online : Age of Reckoning - GOA's flash website, but

a) it doesn't take my dxdiag.txt so I have to tell it I'm not interested in beta
b) after giving all my information and pressing validate it takes me back to step 1 of the registration process

I've tried the site in three major browsers now (IE7, firefox, opera) and I've come to the conclusion that the website is, frankly, just terrible.

Could anyone (maybe a GOA rep?) tell me where I'm supposed to enter my open beta key, and what they plan to do about their broken website?

Torn

Fledgling Freddie
The mind boggles.. and from earlier in this thread I see that GOA are intent on sticking with this Flash site instead of a normal, standards compliant, one?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom