I'm amazed

Smid

Fledgling Freddie
Been playing DAOC for quite some time and enjoyed it on and off (much the same as every other stuff I do for fun).

But the other night I farmed for a scroll and was at it for about 6 hours (not the 1'st time I done that) without getting the scroll. After that I was a bit pissed and for no reason at all I started to wonder how many hours I've wasted on such a mindless thing as farming.

Farming just because Mythic coded the encounter/droprate/spawnrate etc in that fashion and I thought to myself "what the F**k I'm I doing......don't I play this game to have fun ?"

Couldn't help myself feeling cheated in some way, I mean couldn't they have used some other means to make the rare stuff rare then timesinks ?

I could go on and on about this but there is no point, and yes you are correct theres not much point to this post at all I just had to get it out. Wasted to much time for no good reason (I'll say that again) Wasted to much time for no good reason.

Will I keep doing it some of you might ask. Nope I think I'll quit playing all together.

gwal

Fledgling Freddie
no1 forced u to go farm alone... game is quite a bit more fun if u actually play it with others

or u could just stick to diablo 1

Knolan

Fledgling Freddie
spending that time in an other way, like making money will probably be more efficient.
good part is you can buy the scrolls afterwards ;)

Leinal

Fledgling Freddie
no1 forced u to go farm alone... game is quite a bit more fun if u actually play it with others

Farming with ppl is the same nosense boredom when it gets to 6 hours ;p, and u become rolling loot dependant also.

I personally had fun in TOA PvE, but not going to repeat if i dont need to.

Smid

Fledgling Freddie
gwal said:

No one forced me....well, well, well, seems like you put a lot thought before posting that reply.

Why should I play Diablo 1 I wonder ?

vintervargen

Banned
it's all part of the reward system..

and dont forget PvE is fun! ...the first 2 levels.

[NO]Magmatic

Fledgling Freddie
Not to sound rude, but I probably will...

What the heck does this have to do with RvR? Or is it just cause you 'quit' that its RvR worthy?

We all know TOA is a time-sink, its business for Mythic / GOA... If TOA was a get in, hour later done, type deal... Then it wouldnt be good business...

With that said, TOA is what seperates the men from the children...

Tzan

Fledgling Freddie
[QUOTE='[NO]With that said, TOA is what seperates the men from the children...[/QUOTE]

true. men cant play that much anymore...

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
moved

aye the children camp the artis 24/7 and get them all levelled to 10 superquick ;)

/ducks

Klonk

One of Freddy's beloved
Tzanetos the LoverBoy said:
true. men cant play that much anymore...

Hehe, so true :p

Yeah, it separates the unemployed from the working gits ;)

I totally agree with the original poster (it's not rvr related tho) and tbh, farming for a scroll for 6 hours is not fun, whether or not you have someone with you or not. If you think so, you are probably one of those who enjoy mowing the lawn the oldfashioned way, or your favorite hobby before daoc was collecting stamps ;)

Smid

Fledgling Freddie
Klonk said:
Hehe, so true :p

Yeah, it separates the unemployed from the working gits ;)

I totally agree with the original poster (it's not rvr related tho) and tbh, farming for a scroll for 6 hours is not fun, whether or not you have someone with you or not. If you think so, you are probably one of those who enjoy mowing the lawn the oldfashioned way, or your favorite hobby before daoc was collecting stamps ;)

he he he enjoyed readin that reply.

Lothandar

Fledgling Freddie
Leinal said:
Farming with ppl is the same nosense boredom when it gets to 6 hours ;p, and u become rolling loot dependant also.

I personally had fun in TOA PvE, but not going to repeat if i dont need to.

I think he was hinting our ever pissed off thread starter friend that farming with more people ~ 10 times faster.

scorge

Fledgling Freddie
Smid said:
Been playing DAOC for quite some time and enjoyed it on and off (much the same as every other stuff I do for fun).

But the other night I farmed for a scroll and was at it for about 6 hours (not the 1'st time I done that) without getting the scroll...... .

6hours!! trying waiting 7 days for marishas sharkskin gloves to pop, see what that does to your sex life.... :)

:wij:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom