What is a buffbot ?

K

klavrynd

a second account with an enhance cleric, augmentation shaman or nurture druid which is sololy used to buff yourself and or team members

B

BlitheringIdiot

...but stays in a safe place within the zone/area so that the player never looses buffs and will beat 90% of unbuffed opponents.

E

Ekydus

...Outside the TK is used by some BuffBots. This still allows archers to kill them though.

C

chretien

It's a way for people who want to play on easy mode to be able to crow to others about how uber they are.

G

Graknak

It's like some ubah skilled Counterstrike player who comes to wtfpwn a newb server on his bad day and thinks he has done a great job. Iow, lamers spoiling the fun for others ^^

T

tresmolos

You mean he controls 2 accounts in the same time ? omg

B

BlitheringIdiot

No not really.

Whether the person runs two accounts from one PC, or seperate PC's. They will never play both at the same time, buff up their actual character with the buffbot. Leave the buffbot inside the telekeep, then play their normal character as the usually would.

E

Ekydus

Just imagine the "Buffer" being your slave, and you have ordered them to stay inside the TK all day. :p

J

Jonaldo

Sounds a bit lame just using another account to do nothing but buff yourself :rolleyes: do people really do this? Doesn't it mean paying two times though?

G

Graknak

Originally posted by Jonaldo
Sounds a bit lame just using another account to do nothing but buff yourself :rolleyes: do people really do this? Doesn't it mean paying two times though?

Yes on first and yes on second, mostly 12 yr olds who do some sesamestreet version of school and therefore got plenty of time, also most of them got some sort of rich parents or other luminous way to get cash. After that comes students/unemployed, both technically the same, loads of spare time and enough money to skip eating a few weeks to play instead. After that comes the ppl who got good jobs and just buy BuffBots to pwn with their fotm class (which no doubt they also bought) until it gets nerfed.

D

Damon_D

I'm a mid and I'm a buffaholic.... BUT I LIKE IT MUUHHAAAA

B

boni_ofdavoid

Originally posted by BlitheringIdiot
No not really.

Whether the person runs two accounts from one PC, or seperate PC's. They will never play both at the same time, buff up their actual character with the buffbot. Leave the buffbot inside the telekeep, then play their normal character as the usually would.

I play two characters at the same time quite often, far more fun than dumping them in the pk :D

F

fl3a

Originally posted by boni_ofdavoid
I play two characters at the same time quite often, far more fun than dumping them in the pk :D

yeah PBAEing at 4fins with both a L50 and a L40 leecher at once is FUN :)

T

Tesla Monkor

Buffbots are a great many things. Some peopel claim they're killing the game, others say they're illegal (they aren't), or antisocial. (Debatable).

I have bots. Sometimes I use them, sometimes I don't. It is, above all, handy to have them around. It means you can always have buffs when you want them. They do not make it impossible to group, though, nor do they make healing spec'd seer/druids/clerics redundant. Quite the opposite. There's plenty of times when you're grouped and bots come in handy anyway since the seers simply don't have the concentration to give everyone the buffs they need.

Are buffbots cheating, while used in RvR? Maybe. But I personally really don't give a damn as long as there's perfect gankgroups running around forming /assist trains that kill me in 5 secs flat, buffed or not.

And yes, I work. I wouldn't call my huntress FoTM, nor bought. (She's been around for almost as long as the game has been running. ;)

W

wildsorcerer

bb made purly for being bb is fine

what gets me is lack clerics we got on prydwen well we havent got a lack we just got to many ppl that have bought accounts to use purly as a BB after re-specin them ... just a few days ago i was in a group of 7 ppl and we had no cleric in group so wasnt worth goin out of pk for rvr .... but bwteen the 7 ppl in group we had 4 lvl 50 BB's on 2nd accounts ... thease BB's where all old players that had sold accounts and now just sit idle, its such a shame to see and some of thease clerics are even quite high RR as used to b played a lot ....

i really belive that the game would be better if teh enhance spec's had a range on em but u think mythic will do that and risk losing a lota ppl payin for a 2nd accounts

its a shame most of our good clerics are wasted this way imho

B

barevoose

its the same for each realm not just alb as u seem to only mention clerics :)

F

FeraMcFlurry

Originally posted by klavrynd
a second account with an enhance cleric, augmentation shaman or nurture druid which is sololy used to buff yourself and or team members
it could me a full buff cleric

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom