I am very angry with you

Status
Not open for further replies.

IainC

English WAR Community Manager
I said it before in a previous post in this thread but I'll say it again. In some cases there is no benefit to giving out the details. Either because the person traded with is, or may be, entirely innocent of any wrongdoing and is just a random third party who agreed to help with a transfer, or because the information would not help. For example the character traded with has been deleted or has also been hacked.
In the first case we don't give out the information as I will not be responsible for someone getting a reputation as a scammer or being harrassed ingame just because they agreed to help a stranger, in the second case there may be an ongoing investigation or other complications.

There are very strict rules we have to abide by regarding when we can give this information out. Just because a case appears to be similar on the surface does not mean that it is in fact identical. I'm not going to list the exact conditions as the more unscrupulous players know about the system, the more easily they'll be able to get around it.

Let me also assure you that people aren't allowed to get away with doing this over and over. In this case the 'hacker' has not done anything wrong according to the CoC however we do mark the accounts of people who do this and multiple episodes can be considered grief playing and will be punishable accordingly.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
i would have thought once would be enough to get the person perma banned and even IP banned. You are quick enough to ban suspected radar users and speed hackers (as you say you dont even need proof) but when it comes to someone losing years of hard work you do nothing. The first thing you should do is return the items to the person who lost them...nobody gives everything on thier account away so you cant pull the "it may have been a fair trade" use your common sense. the second thing you should do is IP ban the person "hacking" and yes, name and shame (imo)

cemi0

Can't get enough of FH
I would like to thank you for at least responding my question to highlight the difference in the law. But damn, what a load of crap! We live in a free world. Everyone can do exactly what they want as long they are not breaking the law. You are just giving me that answer because you are lazy. Maybe you do not even know what law it is?

I mean. First you claim that France have very strict Privacy laws. Now all of a sudden it is a European law. (Contradiction)
At first you were 100% confident that it was French law. Now you are "fairly sure" it is EU? (Contradiction).

For the record. Your entire reply is a big contradiction, but it can hardly be a surprise for anyone anymore. First you say you will not give me the name because you do not want him to get a bad name. After this you bring the rules into it all. I am very curious. It seems to me the law does not apply in those situations where you have judged that the community should be given a name?

It is obviously to me you have hard time admitting your mistakes. You said that the quote I made was NOT from the EU EULA. I provide proofs and you just ignore it so you can do your random bullshit with clean conscience.

Please give us some straight answers that are the least we deserve.

IainC

English WAR Community Manager
Raven said:
Nobody gives everything on thier account away so you cant pull the "it may have been a fair trade" use your common sense.
Funnily enough you are wrong here. Our current policy was decided on after a couple of particularly nasty incidents where players deliberately set out to get other players banned. They contacted them and told them they were leavign game and they could have all their stuff, gave them account passwords and told them to help themselves then reported it as a hack. At that time (a couple of years ago) we took reports like this on trust. We banned the players who'd 'hacked' the accounts and returned all the items to the 'victim'. because common sense says that "Nobody gives everything on thier account away". This happened more than once and as a result we had to adopt the far stricter policy that we have now. You want to bitch about unfairness? Blame the idiot players who take advantage of every piece of slack or benefit of the doubt that we give people.

Cemi0: I have answered your questions. I have tried to be patient and explain things (repeatedly) to you. However you have gone beyond arguing your point to being insulting and frankly I don't need to have to deal with that. Everything I have to say on this matter has been said in one of my many posts in this topic. if you still want to think I am too lazy to deal with your query properly after all the time and effort I have gone to over this then I don't think anything I can say is going to dissuade you from that and to be honest I'm not inclined to try any further at this point.

.korgon.

Fledgling Freddie
[CE]Hjendug said:
ohh ye and btw, i remember the time when i got 2 weeks for calling an e&e member on irc for an ignorent prick, where exactly does it say that you can ban people ingame, when the action is outside the game ?

u and me both mate :) well 1 week for me, but then tilda is a knob :p

but well better to leave this server with the bullshit customer support offered.

Lothandar

Fledgling Freddie
statued said:
2:your best m8 (frekke) actually was the 1 talking to you the entire time...
once u gave frekke your login he probably saw all this stuff and could'nt resist coming up with way to take your items..
so he logs on msn pretending to be some1 else so he wont get the blame for the missing items , and that you would think this frekke imposter was behind it all..

Yeah this is possible too.

ps: Don't use msn, it blows :( . Use icq if you have to use something apart from irc.

.korgon.

Fledgling Freddie
why did rjendug get 2 week ban for insulting irc member and i only get 1 week :p such fair treatment!

cemi0

Can't get enough of FH
Just go ahead and ignore things as usual Requiel, it seems to be the only thing you are good at :)

Sye

Fledgling Freddie
Tbh why do people need to know the person who did this? As long as GOA know who it is, thats all thats needed.

Once you know who did it, what are you gonna do? Hack his account and break CoC yourself? Knock on his door and beat the hell out of him, breaking laws? Message him calling him all the names under the sun?

It was probably some kid that did it anyway, in a couple of weeks it would be forgotton about as it always does in online gaming.

Let GOA do their job, its their service so we cant tell them how to run it. If you dont like their service/support why are you still playing and using their servers?

Danord_durin

Fledgling Freddie
Sye said:
Tbh why do people need to know the person who did this? As long as GOA know who it is, thats all thats needed.

Once you know who did it, what are you gonna do? Hack his account and break CoC yourself? Knock on his door and beat the hell out of him, breaking laws? Message him calling him all the names under the sun?

It was probably some kid that did it anyway, in a couple of weeks it would be forgotton about as it always does in online gaming.

Let GOA do their job, its their service so we cant tell them how to run it. If you dont like their service/support why are you still playing and using their servers?

Wich they aparently don't so dont come here with us bs.

cemi0

Can't get enough of FH
Sye said:

First of all let me put this straight. I dont play anymore because I cba with GOA not because I cba retoaing my characters.

I would like to know who it is so I can put it behind me. Maybe it was a close friend of mine who I still treat like a friend? If so, then I will get mad but not start to flame. If it was an unknown person I would be able to put it behind me alot faster. And it will far from be forgotten in a week.

To Requiel: Can you really not understand my frustations when you keep changing your mind on why you dont give me a name? It makes people think you dont know a thing about what you are doing. Please prove us wrong.

Yes I am provocating now. But you started it on RightNow when you gave me a reply permeated with spelling erorrs. Whereafter you just give me a simply reply saying: No I cant give you that information.

Have you never heard the saying customers always have right? Customers can be provocating and a pain in the ass, I know this from my job. But nomatter how much they annoy you, you just gotta keep smiling while you treat them with respect.

Sye

Fledgling Freddie
I cant understand how you have any rights here?

As soon as you shared your account information be it with someone you know or dont know, you broke the CoC, therefor GOA do not have to help you in any way if they dont want to.

What you have to remember is that in terms of the online game, Cemi0, you were in the wrong.

Yeah we'd all love to know who did it, but if GOA do not decide to tell you, there's no way you can make them as its their decision.

I was in the retail business for 7 years, and the 'customers always right' comment only applied if they were legitimate and abide by the laws of the country.

I think your just gonna have to accept, you wont get a name from GOA.

cemi0

Can't get enough of FH
Even criminals have rights in the real life. Problem is noone knows what GOA can and cannot do. So they are treathing us the way they want to (clear by Requiel's changing oppinion and by the other scam examples shown here).

But yea. I might aswell start to accept I wont get a name from GOA unless I get a lawyer to look at that EULA.

joap

Fledgling Freddie
Sye said:

I would like to know. Ofc i would not hack him, i have no idea how, or would do it if i did know. But i consider his action to be repreensible and as a GM i'd kick of my guild if it was one of my people. You're an officer is RS, would you like to have a person like this in your guild?

eggy

Fledgling Freddie
.korgon. said:
u and me both mate :) well 1 week for me, but then tilda is a knob :p

but well better to leave this server with the bullshit customer support offered.

Completely untrue. You didn't call an E&E an "ignorant prick". You decided it would be a good idea to tell me you had internal forum passwords, and were "leaking" information on those forums onto IRC/in-game.

I informed the GMs as to a possible security problem with the internal forums. After informing you the matter was being investigated by GOA, you still continued to tell me you had the password (apparently given to you by Tilda). I repeatedly told you that if you were lying, you would firmly piss off the GMs. You wasted a lot of people's time, and ended up with a 7-day ban that you whined about afterwards.

I do not agree that customer service is bad. In this game, most problems stem from people not securing their accounts. If you write your PIN number on a cashcard, the bank will laugh in your face if you try and claim it back.

Think before you share account details, or leave details electronically. Memorise them, write them somewhere nobody would think of looking, but for the love of God don't leave them on Hotmail.

Sye

Fledgling Freddie
joap said:
I would like to know. Ofc i would not hack him, i have no idea how, or would do it if i did know. But i consider his action to be repreensible and as a GM i'd kick of my guild if it was one of my people. You're an officer is RS, would you like to have a person like this in your guild?

ofc i wouldnt like this person in RS, but cmon, half of Midgard are tryin to get a name, whats the point of so many peolpe asking the same questions. If GOA's hands are tied then they aint gonna jepordise themselves over it.

Even if they could, what name would they give you?

Character name - which is prob deleted, then someone else creates a char with same name and pretends to be him, or even worse creates the name innocently, not knowing about the incident, then has a bad name for no reason.

Account name - How many account names do you know?

Real name - Doubt it

The problem is, no one wants to respect GOA's decision about things, then flame them saying their support is crap, just becuase they dont do what you want them to do. Your using their service and accepted their rules.

Fair enough, cemi0 might have a point, some of the rules might be dubious, but scanning through the CoC to find faults aint gonna get any names out of them. If you find a rule that requires questioning, follow proper procedures to find out about it, using them to try fault GOA wont work.

DaanLand

Fledgling Freddie
ur fault for giving the info, u owned urself :O

/uninstall daoc
/gogo real life :eek:

Labbe

Fledgling Freddie
Feel sorry for you.

But still you did share your account information.

kvol

Fledgling Freddie
Feel sorry for u !! But...

Don´t blame GoA.. Blame urself m8 :(

(Never share u password)

Daocsyux

Fledgling Freddie
Cemi you really want to know who hacked your friends msn and took all your items? Oh and took Ladonna and others

cemi0

Can't get enough of FH
Daocsyux said:
Cemi you really want to know who hacked your friends msn and took all your items? Oh and took Ladonna and others

Not really. I dont care anymore. I guess I got over it.
Happened so long ago and I got all my items back with the help of my friends.

Daocsyux

Fledgling Freddie
cemi0 said:
Not really. I dont care anymore. I guess I got over it.
Happened so long ago and I got all my items back with the help of my friends.

Sentimos:worthy:

p.s nice items made alot of money

X

xGenocidex

Apparently 7/10 daoc accounts that are hacked and have stuff stolen from them are people you either know irl or know ingame.. the only advice I can offer to people is this:

try to use numbers aswell as letters when making important passwords - makes it harder for people to guess/"Hack" your e-mail address

Don't share account information with people you've known for short periods of time (a matter of months) I admit I do share my info.. but only with people i've known for years and trust.

Don't accept any sort file off people thats under 500kb in size (although most key loggers/sub seven virus's can be merged with other files) always make sure your virus scanner/spyware scanner is upto date/set your virus scanner to automatically scan ANY file you accept or download-

I can recommend a few scanners for people out there that arent really that good with pc's

Free Virus scanners:

Panda activescan, This is a great free online virus scanner I use it all the time it really sniffs out problems: http://www.pandasoftware.com/products/activescan.htm

Bit Defender, Another great free one takes awhile to scan but worth it:
http://www.bitdefender.com/

---

Free Spyware scanners/removers:

Ad-aware personal SE, very nice full system scans, also very quickly:
http://www.lavasoftusa.com/software/adaware/

Spybot Search & Destroy, very nice just like ad-aware personal finds and removes spyware:
http://www.safer-networking.org/

there you go 4 very nice and free virus/spyware scanners run - Bit defender and Panda scan especially! these are so much better than Norton

old.windforce

Part of the furniture
this isn''t about being hacked, some retard bumped an ancient thread trying to piss off cemi0.

And strong passwords don't help against keyloggers. Hotmail security isn't that strong, you should never store or have passwords there. And off course, patching your system, have up to date anti virus and a personal firewall are a minimum precaution when using the big bad internet

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom