I am very angry with you

Status
Not open for further replies.

cemi0

Can't get enough of FH
I am very angry with the person that Friday the 5th hacked my friend's MSN using keylogger/spyware and retrieved my account information. I cannot say who it is since GOA refuse to give me a name saying it was general account sharing not giving a rat about MSN hack.

The scammer cleaned all my characters and vaults. He even deleted some of my character. And everything was 100% legit because I handed him the info. The perfect scam eh?

I have no idea how much plats he earned. But he ran away with these items in the quote box:
02 x Hord’s Blood Stained Belt
01 x Hord’s Braided Belt
01 x Traldor’s Belt
01 x Dragonscale Bracelet
20 x Exerpise Stones
01 x Ceriac Stone
16 x Exeregum Stones
04 x Abrogo Stones
02 x Star of Destiny
01 x MP Leather Leggings
01 x Guthlac Great Shield
01 x Sililia’s Necklace
01 x Gem of Moirai
01 x Zahur’s Ring
01 x Sililia’s Ring
01 x Naxos Abalone Bracer
01 x Enchanted Runed Shield
01 x Zahur’s Necklace
04 x Band of Shadow
01 x Magma Infused Buckler
01 x Woven Hair of Malamis
01 x Immolated Ring
01 x MP Cold Sword
02 x 99qua Heat swords
01 x Plaited Hair of Malamis
01 x Zahur’s Bracers
01 x Soot Stained Boots
01 x Ring of the Torrent
01 x Tartaros Gift book
01 x Maddening Scalars
72 x Platiniums
Numerous of irreplaceable ROGs used in templates
Almost all SC'ed armor taken
Numerous of Oceans scrolls
As you can see its quite a long list of mainly rare items which I spend ages acquiring. If anyone tries to sell you any of the more rare stuff on the list cheap, please be aware that it is probably scammed items. It is up to you if you want to use it or not.

I have no idea who he is ingame and I am still looking for respons from anyone who seen my characters logged in between 14:30 - 20:20 CET Friday the 5th.
I had some rather long conversations with him on my friend's MSN which can be found on my website. Please notice it is not the real Jan Anders talking here. He even added some of my friends to the MSN and started to talk with them. This makes me even more sick thinking of how he retrieved those addresses. It might be someone I know.

I am not posting this to gain sympaty from you. So postfarmers saying "you gave him the info its your own fault haha" please stay away. I am posting this to explain why I nolonger can be found ingame.

After losing equipment on 5 toad characters I just dont feel like playing more. Also I feel insulted and mad at the respond I got from GOA which killed the last part of me wanting to come back to what I think is a great game and community.

This is the first reply I got from GOA.
Response (CM) 08/08/2005 02:50 PM
Greetings,
Thank you for teh report. Unfortunately we are not able to return your items or gold in this instance. If you share yoru account with others, then youare giving other people full permission to treat yoru characters, their items and their gold as their own. If they delete, trade away or otherwise take your items then it is a legitimate trade. In this case even though the person involved was not the person thatyou thought it was, the principle is still the same. You are still responsible for the security of your account and by sharing it with other people you are seriously reducing the security that you have. This is entirely your own responsibility.

In this case the only thing thatwe can do is to restore your deleted character to the same state that it was in when it was deleted.

Yours sincerely,
---------------------------------------------
European Dark Age of Camelot Community Manager
I knew that the chances that I got my stuff back was very small since i did commit account sharing. But this respond just pissed me off. Its filled with spelling errors which tells me that the GM didnt even took time to right and review my matter properly. An autogenerated computer msg would have made me feel alot bet. I putted alot of effords into finding out how all this happened. Wrote about 4-5 pages and included all sorts of logs trying to prove that the MSN really was hacked.

Shortly after I got this respond I replied to get info regarding who it was. Minutes after I got this respond:
Hello again,
I am afraid that we can't give you this information.
This really knocked my temperament of course. I have been patience all weekend which you clearly see in my chat with the scammer. GOA normally give out names of scammer but in this particular case they decided they wouldnt cause I gave the person access. I just cant see. Why is it they cant tell me who did it? They wont be breaking anything in the CoC concerning privacy by sharing ingame names and obvoiusly I do "trust" the person 100% so it should be np to give out a name? But well, I guess not.

But enough on that. Decision wont be changed and everyone know that GOA's customer service is almost non excistant.

I just want to add that you should never share any important info like passwords etc to anything over MSN because it is so buggy and unsafe its unbelieveable. Also please respect when your friend says he wont give you his account info. Its the smartest decision to do in the long run. You never know when it is your turn. And believe me when I tell you this. You dont have the slighest clue how it feels to be scammed. I know I probably played more than the average player having 5 toad chars. But it really sucks.

I have had loads of fun in this game. I knew it would be over sooner or later but I never dreamt of it happening this way. I know I am gonna miss most of you guy ALOT. Making a list of all that made this game worth playing for me would be impossible because there is so manny both to type and remember ontop of my head. I will probably renew sooner or later once I regained strenght to retry. Until then cya around and PLEASE, atleast try to have fun without me. I know it will be hard :m00:

By the way. What are the odds that some ex. daoc gamer who happen to be a thief found my friend's msn info in keylogger and logged on right as I handed the info while logging off the account? Very small, bad luck I guess :(

statued

Loyal Freddie
omg i would be so pissed IRL if that happened to me....

1 thing i dont get.. ive heard of people tracing other peopls login through hax or somtin...

did you send your password+login to some1 through msn and he somehow read it ? or what exactly happened?

cemi0

Can't get enough of FH
statued said:
omg i would be so pissed IRL if that happened to me....

1 thing i dont get.. ive heard of people tracing other peopls login through hax or somtin...

did you send your password+login to some1 through msn and he somehow read it ? or what exactly happened?

No. He logged on my friend's MSN with info he retrieved through spyware/keylogger. He never asked for my passwords or anything. I just gave it to him assuming it was my friend.
I started the dialog saying hey etc and he just started the chat like some weird psycho. Some of my friends also got a conversation up ingame with the scammer on my characters. Anyway he said he was starting to get bored of WoW and was thinking of renewing DAOC. So I gave the info saying he could use my account to get ingame to talk with old friends/get the feel. He gaved me his info tons of times. Fucking bad luck is what it is :(

Coldbeard

Part of the furniture
Man, that truely sucks bigtime. You have my sympathies ... dunno what i'd do if this happened to me .. gah, cant even imagine how frustrating it must feel

Dorimor1

Banned
Dude I really feel for you, I may not know what its liked to be scammed like that but I can imagine how aweful it is for you :(

advantix

Fledgling Freddie
awww :\ that sux bigtime :((

but i cant see why GOA refuse to give out names that was involved in trade, he clearly hacked the MSN account. Scammers, hackers, cheaters and bugabusers should be banned from game imo.

It's a sad day for daoc.

statued

Loyal Freddie
cemi0 said:
No. He logged on my friend's MSN with info he retrieved through spyware/keylogger. He never asked for my passwords or anything. I just gave it to him assuming it was my friend.
I started the dialog saying hey etc and he just started the chat like some weird psycho. Some of my friends also got a conversation up ingame with the scammer on my characters. Anyway he said he was starting to get bored of WoW and was thinking of renewing DAOC. So I gave the info saying he could use my account to get ingame to talk with old friends/get the feel. He gaved me his info tons of times. Fucking bad luck is what it is :(

ahhh not thing im thinking of, welll look at the bright side ... you can always.....no....maybe you could..........wait there isnt a bright side :(

[CE]Hjendug

Fledgling Freddie
well it clearly shows what support goa has to offer atm. its pretty weird tho, i never seem to hear any complain from mythics side...
and im pretty sure they do the same stuff over there, since i already know a few

statued

Loyal Freddie
i just read the msn conversation....

this guy DOES play daoc even though he says he only played it ages ago, no1 could know the stuff he did without playing daoc.

how on earth were u so calm!!!!! u treated him like ur best m8, ok true if u did get freaky on his ass you had no chance of getting stuff back,

but stuff like ''good luck with your life''.........

imo and this is just my opinion, there 2 things that proly happened.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

1:some1 who plays daoc found out ur best m8s msn login and got ur logins because he got lucky....

or

2:your best m8 (frekke) actually was the 1 talking to you the entire time...
once u gave frekke your login he probably saw all this stuff and could'nt resist coming up with way to take your items..
so he logs on msn pretending to be some1 else so he wont get the blame for the missing items , and that you would think this frekke imposter was behind it all..

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

again this is just my opinion. frekke could be the nicest person in the world, so im not trying to cause offence to him

it party was frekke's fault for letting some1 else get his msn login tbh

Pohjan Poika

Fledgling Freddie
gotta luv policies :( :(

sad that you got cleaned :( hope u get something back from goa.

thaaadi

Fledgling Freddie
Msn hacking this seems quite common, friend of mine had some tit on his acc pming all on his msn with something like" hi mate I forgot my daoc-password can you send it please"

papaboo

Fledgling Freddie
Even though I thought you were a smartass on irc and called you names etc, I feel for you on this one! Must be frustrating as hell and I'd be fucked in my head irl smashing everything if it was me.

Som det siges: "Nedtur, men op på hesten igen!"

xomer

Can't get enough of FH
:( Dont stop daoc m8

Xomer 6L4 ML10 BL
Ermela 3L5 Sb
Nikolhs Upcoming Sm '
+ 4x 50'lvl

Kalba

Can't get enough of FH
5 toad chars, I'm thinking of how I'd feel with 3.

I seriously dont have any idea who it is. But I still think that this would be a very nice first April joke, too bad it aint april though :(

It could be anyone you know, people get greedy all of a sudden, seeing all that fortune you have.

advantix

Fledgling Freddie
just wondering why GOA cant tell YOU who did the trade... its ur account, ur char...

cemi0

Can't get enough of FH
advantix said:
just wondering why GOA cant tell YOU who did the trade... its ur account, ur char...
I asked the same question and got this respond:
It is forbidden by law to pass on data pertaining to another person even if that persons identity is masked by the use of a pseudonym or alter-ego. That is the law we are bound by.
I thought ok. I then asked what the difference between a scammer hacking victims email and victim handing out info to scammer was and all I got was something sounding like total bullshit:
Your email was not hacked, you gave the details away freely and in direct violation of the rules that you agreed to when you created the account and again everytime you logged in.
You are getting an answer that you do not like in relation to a situation entirely of your own making and where you have knowingly broken our rules and yet you claim that we are being unreasonable? I do not believe that it is going to profit either of us to continue this discusssion further.
I wonder if its the coorporate leaders of GOA that made a serious mistake when employing GameMasters putting wrong requirement. Politician skills instead of customer support skills. This sure sounds like the classic blabla talk around the question shit.

So I guess we will never know. Atleast I cba to talk further with that GM. Might aswell go ask my dog same question.

Bori

Fledgling Freddie
Oh my god, that has to suck bigtime! I really feel for ya mate.. complete tit that did this to you. Crappy GOA that won't do anything. It just makes me sad to hear this.
I hope you fix it somehow, good luck etc.

statued

Loyal Freddie
i recently got my some items taken off my account...lets say i left my account logged in lan cafe while i went for 10 minute WC afk.

when i return items are gone from character(S) and no1 will admit they did it

i asked goa for trade logs and they had np giving me info i needed

i advise you quickly ask for trade logs of all your characters for dates + when items went missing, getting trade logs is not agaisnt the law so dont take any shit :X

Disturbed-Freak

Fledgling Freddie
Wow :O

:eek2: God that truly just sucks, it makes me all sad reading this post - especially the part where beloved GoA refused to help.. What makes people do such thing!? Of course a huge amount of P would be great to anyone, but it just spoils everything that you know in your backhead that you have destroyed a part of another persons life - the dude should hand back the items imo, its not too late to reconsider mr. thief..

Well if I see a rich dude from Finland I'll let ya know... Maybe look up the chatlog and compare the expressions used or something.. Anyway I feel very sorry for you, and I hope the scammer will regret for his actions and hand you back the stuff. (if its possible to be human for such kinda person)

bebopbo

Fledgling Freddie
:(

Although I dont know you that sux bigtime tbh

Also what made it more frustrating (just reading it) Was GOA refusing to give the name of the char that was used to do the trade with...so the rest of us would at least know who this person was as to be aware of them in doing any trade in-game! More to the point GOA will also know exactly where each of thsoe items are right now & whos account they are on, yet they've done f00k all (as usual) apart from pat the haxor on the back :(

So basically GOA are (yet again) doing f00k all about people haxing other peoples accounts, The way GOA have handled it comes across to me as:

"Here you go MR Haxor, all yours, have a nice day & thanks for playing DAoC!"

But to the person who got haxxed:

"Nothing we can do" ..such BS, GOA really know how to keep there customers happy, only ones they're keeping happy are the scammers tbh

/clap GoA

& again ..very sorry to here about it :(

Shanaia

Fledgling Freddie
MSN Convo said:
cemi0 (Mads) siger:
my account got scammed
Jan Anders siger:
really?
cemi0 (Mads) siger:
after i gave u info

Stopped reading after that...

Bla bla this is not account sharing this is MSN hack .. bullshit you were sharing your account ... and because his msn got hacked you got robbed .. but that doesn't take way the fact you were account sharing to begin with.

People need to LEARN that account sharing is fucking yourself in the anus ... sooner or later it goes wrong. I've seen soooo many people lose items left and right now .. and all had to own up that they had at some point shared their accounts with people they hardly knew.

Off course it's very easy to jump on the bandwagon and accuse GOA of being unfair but bottomline is that this guy broke the CoC he agrees to every time he logs in. And by not helping him out GOA are making clear that accountsharing won't be accepted... if they would help him out they would in a way say account sharing is allowed and then they would contradict their own CoC.

Flames inc I don't care ... I'm sorry you lost your items mate but accepting that you fucked yourself over rather then blaming it on GOA would have been a tad more mature... and more realistic.

Brunoyet

Fledgling Freddie
givf me a pm if u find out where this scammer lives irl m8

To those with doubts; I know Frekke/Jan Anders irl, and can vouch 99,9% that he isnt a scammer. His conscience is clean - trust me.

To GOA:
This guy obviously made a mistake by sharing acc info, altho it being with a different person than he thought it was. But from my point of view, you're doing squatt to clarify how u can help this player get back on track. Uve been very clear about what u CANT help with - Customer Service is about how u CAN help ure customers.

Start thinking about more than just covering ure own backs by hiding behind CoC regulations. Your primary objective should be to keep ure customers satisfied, not only with the game but also with the services that u provide offgame. Amount of acc sharing violations wont change if u help scammed players a little more than u do atm (its not like they enjoy being scammed..); it wont get worse than it is now anyways.

A scammed player who gets no help quits = lost income on GOAs part
A scammed player who gets help continues to play = all parties happy, except the scammer realizing hes been wasting his time.

To those saying "Acc sharing is fucking yourself over": yes ofc - no one disagrees on that... But is losing customers good business?

soz for long and boring reply; just had to spill my guts on this one...

Phule_Gubben

Fledgling Freddie
Damn.. :(

Cemi my friend, If you need any of my help. PLZ let me know and I'll come rushing, ok?

:fluffle:

Kaun_IA

Fledgling Freddie
dam, iit really suxx, if someone does that to u.....

i know its a game and items and cash ingame arent worth nothing irl,

BUT u have spent 2 years gaining them.. it still feels like u lost rl stuff

hope u get that guy and get some stuff back

Himse

FH is my second home
Quote:
Your email was not hacked, you gave the details away freely and in direct violation of the rules that you agreed to when you created the account and again everytime you logged in.
You are getting an answer that you do not like in relation to a situation entirely of your own making and where you have knowingly broken our rules and yet you claim that we are being unreasonable? I do not believe that it is going to profit either of us to continue this discusssion further.

How the fuck can they say that your email wasn't hacked? its a easy solution for them to not sort out the problem.. this is not the kind of support that the customers need, its just extremely lame that they can't be bothered to do their job in which they are basically payed to play games and to sort out a few problems.

Too bad for you cemi0, you always helped lots of people out, including myself. Hopefully you will come back later on etc, and do some more mighty dragon raids ^^

All the best mate

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom