how much sleep do you need?

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
just fell asleep during the day which is very unlike me, now i feel hung over even though i havent been drinking. usually i have around 5-6 hours a day and i am fine on it. how much sleep should you have?
maybe i am getting old :/

Sissyfoo

Fledgling Freddie
Varies. Sometimes I can make do with about 7 hours but sometimes I just go to sleep in the afternoon (aboot 4pm) and wake up at 11pm, eat something and then go back to bed and wake up in the morning. When I was in boarding school I slept ALL the time! Every chance I could get I was curled up in bed snoozing. :p

...I think I was a cat in my previous life. :|

Coim

Fledgling Freddie
Go to bed at 3ish, wake up at 8am for sch00l.

tris-

Failed Geordie and Parmothief
i can go on 1-2 hours a night if needed. there is a specific reason why you feel bad when sleeping in the afternoon, but i forgot what it is.

stubbyrulz

Fledgling Freddie
1-2 hours a night? i have bout 10 hours a day but im still always tired :(

etcetra

One of Freddy's beloved
Last weekend i came home around 0400 CET, had to wake up at 0800 CET and play a football match at 1030 CET. Kinda hung over, but we won! ;x

kirennia

Part of the furniture
4hours a night you can live on but doing it day in , day out for a long period of time can be damaging. Any less time then this and you're suprisingly looking at shortening your life span o_O

7hours-8hours a night is now the recommended time any more then this and you're also gonna b shortening your life span

stubbyrulz said:
1-2 hours a night? i have bout 10 hours a day but im still always tired :(

Make sure you only sleep for 7 a night, anymore and it causes the brain to not properly wake up at all the following day. 7 hours and you'll feel more tired in the morning but as the day progresses, you'll have more energy :D

FoxeH

One of Freddy's beloved
normaly goto bed around 1am and if i have nothing to do for the next day ill sleep in till about 1pm :) normaly have to be up for college at 9 though... and on a sunday need to be up at 6am for work :(

Dillinja

Can't get enough of FH
Usually depends if there's anything worth watching on telly. cough cough.

Ala

Fledgling Freddie
It's all in my mind...if I know I've had 8.5hrs I'm in a good mood but any less and I unleash my tired fury in the form of a mouldy used tampon on the end of a stick and beat everyone I see with it! raaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah!

Heath

Fledgling Freddie
i work from 9pm to 7am....then i come home, potter about till i have to takes kids to school. Wife and baby keep me occupied during the day, then i get kids from school..fart about on pc and have food. Go to sleep about 4.30-8ish..get up..work from 9pm to 7a ...etc ..etc ...i live for my day off so i can sleep it away (o:

Sissyfoo

Fledgling Freddie
Ala said:
It's all in my mind...if I know I've had 8.5hrs I'm in a good mood but any less and I unleash my tired fury in the form of a mouldy used tampon on the end of a stick and beat everyone I see with it! raaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah!

Its true...she does. :mad:

~rubs bruised arm~

Tom

I am a FH squatter
The amount of sleep you need varies according to how much energy you expend. Diet also has a surprisingly big effect on sleep patterns, most people who consume large amounts of carbohydrate without doing the necessary exercise suffer from poor sleeping patterns.

Myself, when not working I need about 9 hours, but when working I can get by with less than 4 hours. Its just something you get used to.

Nugusta

One of Freddy's beloved
7-9 hours for me. Its always the same too...if i sleep at 1am ill wake up at 10...if I sleep at 2 ill wake up at 11 etc :p

Conchabar

Fledgling Freddie
i need about 12 hours sleep to be non moody... although i can live with any amount tbh \o/

judas

One of Freddy's beloved
10-11hours optimal sometimes 12hours but then i risk getting to much sleep and become slow and tierd the rest of the day.
less then 9 makes me fall asleep during class.

Nuked

Fledgling Freddie
sleep about 7-9 hours in the evening, but it's not unlike me to take a nap during the day! :eek:

Aoami

I am a FH squatter
Dillinja said:
Usually depends if there's anything worth watching on telly. cough cough.

^^

dpends when i can get a wank in rly, i ndeed one bfor i go to sleep

Aucard

Fledgling Freddie
Went to bed on a friday, and woke up on a sunday, 28hours 4tahwin1!

Aucard

Fledgling Freddie
Conchabar said:
haha....... really?

Yepp ^^ was some years ago tho, was tired after work and needed a little sleep, hehe. i normaly sleep 8-9 hours, but if i want i can make my self fall asleep again. when i sleept 28 hours, i woke up after 16~hours watched the clock and went to bed again :p

Vodkafairy

Fledgling Freddie
if i dont set an alarm clock i usually sleep for 12 hours, if i do set it and sleep for less than 4 hours i wont wake up at all

so something in between that is fine :p usually 6-7 hours during workdays and 11-12 in the weekends

mts

Fledgling Freddie
depends on what i did the day before and for how long i had been going. for example, if i have been gaming/working etc for some 30 hours without sleep i might clock over 14 hours when i go to bed. however, if i have been partying into the wee hours of the morning i might find myself only sleeping 6ish hours and wake up feeling like shit (like this wonderful sunday morning when i woke up). i think i drank some milk that was out of date before i went to sleep ='(

Conchabar

Fledgling Freddie
mts said:
depends on what i did the day before and for how long i had been going. for example, if i have been gaming/working etc for some 30 hours without sleep i might clock over 14 hours when i go to bed. however, if i have been partying into the wee hours of the morning i might find myself only sleeping 6ish hours and wake up feeling like shit (like this wonderful sunday morning when i woke up). i think i drank some milk that was out of date before i went to sleep ='(
when ever i get properly pissed into the hours of the morning i dont wake up till evening :p

mts

Fledgling Freddie
Conchabar said:
when ever i get properly pissed into the hours of the morning i dont wake up till evening :p

wish i could do that... my body hates me :D

Ixoth

One of Freddy's beloved
I usually dont sleep no longer than 7 hours.. but in days when I am in work, in the end of that day, I am so echausted. When I take a bus back to my home, I usally sleep at that trip, and some voice in my head usually just tells me to wake up, prior I miss the right place to leave. :)

Amount of sleep required imo depends a lot of the weight of person hence about the energy consumed by this particular person. I am quite skinny lad thus I don't consume that much of energy..

tris-

Failed Geordie and Parmothief
hehe i wouldnt say its anything to do with weight. aslong as your brain is rested enough the rest of your body will be alright.

evzy

Can't get enough of FH
6-7 hours but i need an alarm , without one more like 8-9 hours but then i feel groggy for a few hours after getting up..
saying that slept for 14 hours last night - major beer n tequila session last night , kept waking up, checking headache and guts still in bits , rolled over... more sleep ..rinse n repeat..

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom