How do YOU beat a necro..?

illu

Part of the furniture
Vladamir said:
Next line reads something like this?,

Random ranger shoots uncovered necro with his bow and leeches your rps, go wait for your RAs bitch.

;)

Damn! you beat me to it :) They really ought to change the way RPs are given on necros.

The most incredible necro fight I saw was in OF close to AMG. We were on a hill side and I'm pretty sure it was Talhamhea and at that time, people weren't quite sure what to do with necros. Also, there seemed to be some "respect" or something going on, as it seemed like 1 person attacked after the other.
In the end, after what I can only imagine was about a backpack full of power potions used, there were 7 dead middies eating grass around the necro. I'm sure I have a screeny of it somewhere :>

Oli - Illu

danmrman

Fledgling Freddie
tbh, amke the pet chase u and hope to god that the caster is silly enough not to follow then just run backa nd kill it when its got no pet :)

brad

Fledgling Freddie
champ rr5 overpowered tbh, give warriors that rr5 instead.

Gotmagi

Can't get enough of FH
illu said:
Damn! you beat me to it :) They really ought to change the way RPs are given on necros.

The most incredible necro fight I saw was in OF close to AMG. We were on a hill side and I'm pretty sure it was Talhamhea and at that time, people weren't quite sure what to do with necros. Also, there seemed to be some "respect" or something going on, as it seemed like 1 person attacked after the other.
In the end, after what I can only imagine was about a backpack full of power potions used, there were 7 dead middies eating grass around the necro. I'm sure I have a screeny of it somewhere :>

Oli - Illu

From what I remember, necros werent able to use pow pots while in shade form.

Vladamir

FH is my second home
illu said:

Oli - Illu

Owned :p

Best thing from a necro i ever saw was Nosm in pre-cluster. Beno docks, GA mini-group attacks some squatting albs, pet is mezzed. Mez wears off and Nosm takes out a Bard, Champ, Hero and BM by himself, while i was chewing grass i sat and watched in amazement. You know who you are ;)

Abomi

Fledgling Freddie
Gotmagi said:
From what I remember, necros werent able to use pow pots while in shade form.

Still can't afaik. Only water pots.

Please correct me if I'm wrong :)

Illu - I doubt the necro used power potions, they have a soul vacuum spell, which does damage and returns power to the caster. In PvE it only goes up to level of the monster, but in RvR it can be between 100 and 200 power returned

Ging

Part of the furniture
Zoia said:
I remember some rr1 or 2 necro in OF. Alb side of amg iirc.
Think i used everything i had, AP, AoF, IP, spirit resist chant up. Didn't have much chance. :p

yea was my old necro Mortuary, tbh i was more surprised than u were.

ebenezer

Fledgling Freddie
you bring more people or a caster and kill him:p
There are certain classes that will be impossible to kill for certain other classes in this game, if ur not lucky and catch them with everything down etc . The game just isnt designed for all classes to be comparable 1 vs 1 although i much like to think so when soloing with my hero. If i see a caster i just try to get away and choose my fights...if i do get caught with my pants down or cornered i usually just sit down and let them pawn me...and save some abilities for a fair fight instead:p
its frustrating....but true:)
over and out..

Nullifidian

Fledgling Freddie
Fight them on a bridge. 9 times out of 10 pet will go bye bye.

Other than that good luck. :)

Ging

Part of the furniture
Jimmyjr said:
Ging, did you use mspain or photoshop or something to edit that avatar you have to put I love Ging on it? :p

looks like it to me :D

you are correct young padawan, when i started editing it I was but a learner, now i am the master..... ......only a master of paint shop pro v7 Darth!

Eyres

Banned
Kerith said:
i used to kill lvl50 necros on my 35 cabby on camlann, they dropped pretty quick with debuff nukes even then tbh

it got changed so they are more resistant towards nukes

god knows why, stupid really without changing how they are vs melee but i suppose if they did that it would kill focus farming..... and mythic seem to like that?

Jox

Fledgling Freddie

Can the pet have resistance-buffs up as well?

And what kind of resistance does the pet have? any weakness?^^

Lifebane/Viper + DoT-Mine + Battler-Charge = Good stuff against necros.

Spamb0t

Fledgling Freddie
Maeloch said:
They changed something, mebbe that patch were some stats transfer from the owner to the pet. Duel one with proper buffs/template and dont debuff it first. I know how easy they used to go down, they don't anymore.
true that, used to 2shot that blue con pet with my gimprunie waaaay back, some day ago it took some 5-6 nukes from my lightmenta before the pet died :eek: (with 101int 9%dmg 10%pierce), and by the time the pet died the sucker necro were too far away for me to catch him before he got inside the tower/keep :O

Aiteal

Can't get enough of FH
Jox said:

And what kind of resistance does the pet have? any weakness?^^

Lifebane/Viper + DoT-Mine + Battler-Charge = Good stuff against necros.

I thought necros didn't trigger dot mines?
Unless someone else in the immediate vicinity steps on it they never have to worry about dotmines?
Or am i wrong as usual?

Puppet

Part of the furniture
Aiteal said:
I thought necros didn't trigger dot mines?
Unless someone else in the immediate vicinity steps on it they never have to worry about dotmines?
Or am i wrong as usual?

Never seemed to land a DoT-mine on it, still drop it but it often dont fire or smth, dunno whats wrong with it.

And for Illusb: They do change the way the RP-distribution works for necro's. If the necro-pet has (for example) 2000 HP and the necro(shade) itself has 1000, then killing the pet gives u 2/3 of the total RP's. The one killing the helpless Inconnu on 5% hp gets 1/3. Its in 1.81 or 1.82 (so next week prolly) :)

I still think necromancers need some melee-immunity nerf. They're NOT easy to kill for casters (eg. require atleast twice the amount of nukes a caster needs to die without healing) and they're impossible to kill for majority of melee-classes. Ofcourse that would also mean giving necro's access to all RA's including Purge. And make the Facilitate Painworking work on only 1 spell aswell.

Abomi

Fledgling Freddie
Jox said:

And what kind of resistance does the pet have? any weakness?

Weak versus magic, but still take a good chunk less damage. And pet can have resist buffs up, though not sure if it makes much difference, doesn't seem to.

And I'm pretty sure necros do trigger dot mines, just like other classes. But it's the pet that activates them, and due to warping I'm not sure it will always work.

censi

Can't get enough of FH
There is a definite tactic that works well against this class. Heres a few tips.

a) Firstly when u see the necro enter the command /loc. Then /map. Watch the rough direction the necro is going.

b) Then do a /who "loc" looking for any bard class in the area.

c) Then do a /send "bard name" There a FG or warder wizards and clerics running to "rough direction necro is going"

d) keep up with the necro but target the player not the pet.

(heres the cool bit)

e) when group turn up and attack necro pet, you go and attack the necro caster. Spam your melee style button like there is no tommorrow.

f) Then do 3 /rudes at random members of the hib group and moan at them for adding.

g) give necro a /mil so he dont add on you next time! (dont do /hug or /dance or /smile, these can be miscontrude as patronising)

Coldbeard

Part of the furniture
Arumos said:
hate necros tbh, always hesitate attacking them because i fear someone will steal the rps when i done all the work :p

All the work of unloading your chambers ? :(

AngelHeal

Part of the furniture
ok these classes can beat necro 1v1.

normall class no ra's.

Enchanter, Animist, Eldritch, mentalist, zerker (crit mode), bm (triple wield), sm, warlock. Bonedancer

With ra's.

All casters with MoC.
Zerker
Bm
Hero with IP+ <no mana for so much hp drain).
warrior with IP+ '' '' '' '' '' '' ''.
Vampiir
champ with static tempest

aybe i forgot some:)

Nullifidian

Fledgling Freddie
AngelHeal said:
Enchanter, Animist, Eldritch, mentalist, zerker (crit mode), bm (triple wield), sm, warlock. Bonedancer

The only class a necro should fear is Enchanter/Eldritch/Mentalist. Stun Nuke Nuke Nuke is a death sentance. Unless ofc you use BoM staff ;)

Any necro worth his salt, will win vs Ani, Zerk, BM, SM, WL and BD given the jump.

Abomi

Fledgling Freddie
censi said:
There is a definite tactic that works well against this class. Heres a few tips.

a) Firstly when u see the necro enter the command /loc. Then /map. Watch the rough direction the necro is going.

b) Then do a /who "loc" looking for any bard class in the area.

c) Then do a /send "bard name" There a FG or warder wizards and clerics running to "rough direction necro is going"

d) keep up with the necro but target the player not the pet.

(heres the cool bit)

e) when group turn up and attack necro pet, you go and attack the necro caster. Spam your melee style button like there is no tommorrow.

f) Then do 3 /rudes at random members of the hib group and moan at them for adding.

g) give necro a /mil so he dont add on you next time! (dont do /hug or /dance or /smile, these can be miscontrude as patronising)

Probably the best tactics I have read so far Censi ;)

Arumos said:
waste chambers on a necro pet?! you must be kidding!

How come you use up all your chambers on Jaxxal then? :p

And Angel, while a BM and Zerker may be able to kill a necro, I have never seen it happen. Would like to though ;)

Oboy

Fledgling Freddie
Eyres said:
it got changed so they are more resistant towards nukes

god knows why, stupid really without changing how they are vs melee but i suppose if they did that it would kill focus farming..... and mythic seem to like that?

afaik they only changed it so pet dosnt count as a mob regarding crits, u could get a 99% crit before wich they took away wich was a correct bugg fix

Gear

Can't get enough of FH
Only way I could beat a necro with salonice was by using a diseased matter* leggie, ml9, ml10, ml1 rr5 and IP2. And even then the outcome was still not definite.

* matter for the debuff proc, i'd gather as much power as possible in order to claw it down eventually.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom