How do YOU beat a necro..?

Jorof

Loyal Freddie
Coz i can't.
There isn't another class out there that i have more trouble with beating, just got owned by a rr2 necro, who then kindly /rofl spammed me.
Any tips on how to beat them ?

kirennia

Part of the furniture
With nukes or with a melee class which has a magic proc as their main attack. Otherwise, just run :p

WiZe^

Can't get enough of FH
Jorof said:
Coz i can't.
who then kindly /rofl spammed me.

report him for harassment ;)

MrBic

Part of the furniture
Battler debuff and dump everything you got on them and you might have a small chance :drink:

Ging

Part of the furniture
yea, i beat Zoia in OF with my jsut dinged lvl 50 necro in rogs but fully buffed, i ended up on 100% hp. Silly classes for melle but easy to kill with nukes.

Jimmyjr

Fledgling Freddie
Ging, did you use mspain or photoshop or something to edit that avatar you have to put I love Ging on it? :p

looks like it to me :D

Vipr

One of Freddy's beloved
Jorof said:
Coz i can't.
There isn't another class out there that i have more trouble with beating, just got owned by a rr2 necro, who then kindly /rofl spammed me.

with heart , faith and steel.... in the end there can be only one!!

opps no that was the Keurgen sorry...

Kerith

Fledgling Freddie
Jimmyjr said:
Ging, did you use mspain or photoshop or something to edit that avatar you have to put I love Ging on it? :p

looks like it to me :D

he stole it from me ffs :(

Aiteal

Can't get enough of FH
once I beat a necro on my ranger
only once
ml10 buffshear cloak and leggy/traitors dagger, both of which procced like crazy
still had to IP2 mind you
every other time I did girly damage and cursed myself for even trying

I dare say a good assassin who reapplies poisions is the best melee class to take a necro down, or FZ ranger who knows how to seperate the pet and caster would be even better

Gonna try it out on my shade, have the ml10 cloak on her also
but otherwise I just leave them alone

illu

Part of the furniture
From an sb's pov, any necro rr5+ is usually a big no-no.

If they are rr1-3 you have a small chance. rr4-5 very very slim chance.

You need to get a PA+CD on the pet or already the fight will be a lot harder. Then just swap out weapons with lots of poisons on them, and use legendary weaps (I use cold, not sure if this is right or not :>).
Then just pray :)

If you are hitting them and your damage is in the 10-14 range per hit, the pet is uber buffed and it's time to vanish.

Oli - Illu

Solari

Can't get enough of FH
Playing a bm ranger... start buffshearing the mofo and hope that you hit the vital buffs =(

Puppet

Part of the furniture
Send Nightshade1 "Wanna gank that RR3 necro?"
Send Nightshade2 "Wanna gank that RR3 necro?"
Send Nightshade3 "Wanna gank that RR3 necro?"

Also for a RR5 Champion its a breeze I think xD

I tried with Viper3-cycling once when I had Viper3, still failed horribly. Something to do with being able to lifetap 3x for 350 or so besides the other stupid lifetap each 4 secs.

Basically its like fighting a Bonedancer, he strafes less (but warps more) and u do 20x less dmg. Pointless IMO, and something which does need fixing. Just because Necromancers are melee-immune when buffed for a good 3 years doesnt make it right.

edit: In the beginning of TOA it was very easy. None of the necro's had any clue and u could just FZ the shade and run the opposite direction. Most necro's had their pet on defensive and the pet would loose tether coz of the shade getting too far away. Easy RP's but nowadays they get smarter :<

Fuaip

Can't get enough of FH
if you are a champ do like the picture in my signature. works good :D

Eyres

Banned
battler and dump works

if they are near a tower like jaxxal with his bot spamming group heal and a scout crew to back him up just leave them and let them be *****

and bringing your bot and killing it rocks, shear it to hell and dot

and to add extra annoyance when his pet is dead, shear him, root him and keep him there for as long as possible :p

Vladamir

FH is my second home
Fuaip said:
if you are a champ do like the picture in my signature. works good :D

Next line reads something like this?,

Random ranger shoots uncovered necro with his bow and leeches your rps, go wait for your RAs bitch.

;)

Saveus

Fledgling Freddie
necros rox for melee, but easy 2 shot for any decent caster

Arumos

Fledgling Freddie
hate necros tbh, always hesitate attacking them because i fear someone will steal the rps when i done all the work :p

Zoia

Can't get enough of FH
Ging said:
yea, i beat Zoia in OF with my jsut dinged lvl 50 necro in rogs but fully buffed, i ended up on 100% hp. Silly classes for melle but easy to kill with nukes.
I remember some rr1 or 2 necro in OF. Alb side of amg iirc.
Think i used everything i had, AP, AoF, IP, spirit resist chant up. Didn't have much chance. :p

Maeloch

Part of the furniture
Saveus said:
necros rox for melee, but easy 2 shot for any decent caster
This is not true, most necros will take at least 1/2 a mana bar of spec nukes. I dunno what it is tbh: template hp bonus transfering to pet, +con transfering, effect of str/con and con buffs on a 'mob'...?

If meet a necro in a grp will normally mez it and deal with otherstuff first (ie stuff that doesn't take 30mins and MoC to nuke down). Only prob is the bloody pet demezz which means the clock is always ticking...

They prolly a gimped class on balance, but have some OP features. It's a myth they can be nuked down easy in 2 - 3 shots tho.

Moaning Myrtle

Fledgling Freddie
Well, from my perspective, other then attacking me with a FG I'd suggest:

1. If possible, spec Warlord. The pet scare shout works on Abom pets and even interupts supposedly uninteruptable casts during a FP window.

2. As Illu has suggested, assassins need to cycle poisons a lot, and LGWs will definately help.

3. Find two bitches called Calaw and Vipr and trio the Abom, that usually works for Censi ;)

Abomi

Fledgling Freddie
Stun nuke nuke works wonders :(

I've had a few runs on Jaxxal, and pretty much the only thing that's beaten me is casters or pet going crazy and leaving me to die :(

Best advice, if you have a choice, stay AWAY from the necro :p

Kerith

Fledgling Freddie
Maeloch said:
This is not true, most necros will take at least 1/2 a mana bar of spec nukes. I dunno what it is tbh: template hp bonus transfering to pet, +con transfering, effect of str/con and con buffs on a 'mob'...?

If meet a necro in a grp will normally mez it and deal with otherstuff first (ie stuff that doesn't take 30mins and MoC to nuke down). Only prob is the bloody pet demezz which means the clock is always ticking...

They prolly a gimped class on balance, but have some OP features. It's a myth they can be nuked down easy in 2 - 3 shots tho.

i used to kill lvl50 necros on my 35 cabby on camlann, they dropped pretty quick with debuff nukes even then tbh

Azathrim

Fledgling Freddie
Garrote the pet. Run to a friendly keep. Hope the necro is stupid enough follow and that he doesn't nuke you down before you get there. Vanish if need be. Return to around the necro and hope he fails to killl the 5 purple guards (unlikely). If he fails, kill the necro before the guards do.

Maeloch

Part of the furniture
Kerith said:
i used to kill lvl50 necros on my 35 cabby on camlann, they dropped pretty quick with debuff nukes even then tbh
They changed something, mebbe that patch were some stats transfer from the owner to the pet. Duel one with proper buffs/template and dont debuff it first. I know how easy they used to go down, they don't anymore.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom