How could characters be improved?

W

<Wels>

Originally posted by old.linnet

1. fix interrupts (stunned creatures should NOT be able to interrupt)

Thats one of the nasties buggs I've seen actually (as a minstrel), to all you that think a minstrel can stun and mezz a person in rvr that is on him in melee forget it, they can't they get interupted.
And mythic I think said they can't fix it, and by that they mean they can but takes a lot of effort and won't bother.

Oh instead of envenom, why not make it a song with lets say 2 minute timer?

O

old.Plebo

For a Mercenary:

At the moment, a Merc can solo yellows and quite a few oranges, but the downtime afterwards is very long. Mercs tend to take quite a bit of damage, and solo killing is a bit slow going. Maybe Merc should have a fast heal at higher levels to take into account all the damage we take over the years.

Mercs don't seem to be very high on the list when people are making groups. I'm not sure exactly why that is, because I don't think Mercs are gimped in PvE. The only downside is they need healer support, but otherwise are good for managing damage. Maybe its just the fact that what you see is what you get - we have no spells, chants, speed, fast heal. So why pick a Mercenary over an Armsman?

For RvR, the Merc is very disappointing, but Flurry and Charge may help balance this a bit. All heavy/hybrid tank classes should have very heavy resistance to mezz/stun so they can at least get into the action without getting killed, or the duration shortened, as mentioned earlier.

The Dual Wield styles need a bit more definition. There are only a couple that are worth using, as in most cases you do a lot more damage with the standard Slash abilities. In fact, I rarely use DW styles.

Plebo Lazarus,
lvl43 Mercenary

O

old.mattshanes

Mercs arent dissapointing in rvr i took 3 hibs out in a matter of minutes at lv43,increase your parry if your downtime is high maybe go for 44/44/44 or 50/44/37,also you lv43 you arent going to be great in rvr at that lv as most people are lv50.

As for the topic remove stun only allow stun on melee weapons and shields.

H

Herbal Remedy

remove the realm of hibernia from the game:p

E

erl

PS oh yeah... when we get attacked by say... an archer and we have bubble up... pet will not react to the attack, even if we get injured by the attack because its the bubble that is the first first attacked not us, only if the archer hits us a second time does the pet go looking for it by which time its often too late. BTW... can anyone tell me what the range on scout/ranger/hunter bows is please.
Hunters: 2000
Rangers: 2100
Scouts: 2200
Pretty sure about hunters, not very sure about scouts and ragners, but its something like that, they're in the right order now at least.

T

Taggart

Well i think they should upgrade paladins! I think they should be able to cast heals and remove poisons etc like they were able to do in D&D games! I also think we should have our chants made better, i think heal chant should heal 100 hp every 6 secs and i think damage chant should do alot more damage. I also think we should get a speed chant which is same to theurg or sorc speed which uses up mana while using.

I can do without the uber damage from other melee classes aslong as we are given some new spells or chants that are going to be more useful, thanes get nice offence spells and champion gets debuffs and a DD, yet we just end up with crap chants and a rez ability that peeps don't like(ghetto rez) :p

So i think we are in most need of help!

D

Danya

Originally posted by case-rigantis
2 times spec points instead 1.5 to allow full spec in songs and primary weapons if desired
We don't need it, you can already spec 50 ins and 43 weapon as it is (though you have to forgo stealth completely).

I'd rather see minstrel's getting DW than envenom it fits the class better. If any class is going to gain envenom it should be hunters.

J

Jupitus

I'd be quite happy if Mythic were just to fix my knees. They are way to knobbly-looking. I run all over the play when hunting goblins, and you think shimmying up all those walls doesn't put a bit of muscle on my legs? Of course it bloody does. So Mythic, please please please fix my knees.

Thank you.

Jup.
:)

H

Herbal Remedy

Originally posted by Jupitus
I'd be quite happy if Mythic were just to fix my knees. They are way to knobbly-looking. I run all over the play when hunting goblins, and you think shimmying up all those walls doesn't put a bit of muscle on my legs? Of course it bloody does. So Mythic, please please please fix my knees.

Thank you.

Jup.
:)

lol
its true so many infils take early retirement from rvr through knee related injuries incured while climbing keeps, why cant they just instal stena stair lifts for this much abused class ;(

T

The Real Redi

See most of these posts regard Stealthers/musicians/paladins. Now i know i have never played any of these, but i have fought against them many times.

Mercs have been bought up twice in this thread from what i can see, no one really cares about them as they have been gimped to a certain degree since the off, but i like playing them! its not often youll here a merc complain about anything other than Mezz/Stun, as without it, anything near you quickly becomes pate. Your right, Flurry and Charge will make a great difference, but only if Charge is immune to mezz/root and Stun only falters the charge, without holding.

Seeing as Mercs are allowed short bows, how comes our range is so pony??? I can throw a Dwarf futher, and id imagine do more damage. We do have one little gift from Mythic - our dirty trick, but even that gets resisted a hell of a lot by reds, and any other useful point blank attacks/lifesavers are only available thru RA (Trip = 10, Grapple = 14 RPs each!). Why cant we have a 5 second stun to at least give us a chance to get a good shot in? Perhaps even an attack style, flat of the blade against the head would be ok for a stun, right?

One last thing, if ive been trained to use two weapons, both Huge Sharpened Boar Tusks now, why am i so slow to swing them? I have eben thru the whole maths of Spd and all that, but surely someone at Mythic has seen an expert wield two swords, or even Nazir from Robin Hood? :) C'MON! stop making us so slow! youve limited us to chain, so give us a little rapidity!

It seems to me that Mercs have a tough time of it, as they are vulnerable as hell to everything, bar slashing weapons, so one last thought, perhaps up our saves a little? please? perhaps the odd resist? ah, go on...

(Ps - BTW, i've stood in a crowd of about 20/30 45+ albs outside a PK and watched every single one be chain mezzed or stunned by a similar numbered force, AoE the shit out of everyone, Mezz/stun, AoE again, mezz/stun.. when there was about 5 left, the tanks were let loose to clear up the remainder of us, by which time most had released and had quit in a bad mood, so if Chain mezzing/root/stun ISNT possible, then please tell me what that was all about? Its happened on more than one occaison, and its about as fun as working a rusted teaspoon up my arse)

O

old.mattshanes

Redi lv44 dw has a stun and i already have a stun kind of style with my crush its not 9 secs though but effective.If you want fast good damage why not get a pair of jambiyas?

T

The Real Redi

alas, i am but an enthusiasitc child in the frontier <grins> although im just short of Level 9 in RR1. I often go wandering around Midgard, a lot of the time i see nothing for ages, but its got me a good knowledge of the place and i know where the Crabs and zombies hang out, so i get a little sport if im careful.

On more than one occaison, ive taken purple eyed enemies to the wire (that dirty trick rules when they dont resist), usually both of us 10/15% before i drop, hitting for a respectable 30 - 50 depending on the class im fighting against. I mainly rely on the fact that i have common sense when in another realm, whereas it appears a lot of others dont.

Im not saying i have a superior tactical brain or something, but there are some dumbass 45+ and 50s out there, on all sides.

One thing ive noticed Epic Armour does supply - Overconfidence... :D

O

old.mattshanes

I remember hitting a red con lv50 sb for near 300 about 280 or so,not bad i guess.Yes dirt tricks is good i have used it on cabo a lot lately hehe:)

O

old.Lianuchta

Fix Bolts!!!

Possible solutions, make shields only block bolts if the person carrying the shield has say 15 Shield spec or something. Nothing worse than having a Healer/Shaman/Cleric/Minstrel block bolts with their puny shield.

Or whenever blocked by shield make it become an AE with splash damage. So instead of hitting one guy for 700 or so you hit 4-5 of them for 150.

Also make em hit harder on higher absorb armors than on low absorb armors. So if I see a 2H-pally I bolt him and hit for 700 (-80) whereas on a cloth wearer I would hit for 400 (-380) or something like that. This would reduce one shot caster kills (I mean hittin someone for a 1080 cap plus a crit is fun but slightly OTT), and give us more of a chance against all those tanks that are going to slaughter us wholesale in future patches.

And it has been mentioned before, but if a mob/player is stunned he should never ever be able to interupt you. Likewise having your BT popped shouldn't interupt a cast either.

A

agraucred

i agree with Taggart about paladins, for a hybrid class we dont seem very hybrid compared to the other realm equivelants. heal chat should be improved, one pali with heal chant makes sod all difference, need 3 running to notice it properly, damage chant seem too weak, and the af buff, well i dont really notice a difference with it... as for the resist buffs? never used them, i never have the time to mess about deciding what type of magic im going to face next and which to use. now if they improved all of that then there would be no need for an armsman, so i think heal chant should be improved, and our power should be castable to another class (rather than a heal spell). that way when we rez someone we can at least give them power (think a cleric heal that gives power instead, NOT a chant). at least that way we are more usefull in RvR. at the moment we are the god of PvE, but thats only because we can twist and keep agro nicely, what use is that on the frontier?

T

Taggart

Yeah i think its crap, when i go into frontier emain etc, i just put on my damage chant and run into the action, apart from that i rez people. I mean what shit is this? hybrid my black ass!! Thanes u see using there SC to the fullest and so do champions with there magics, but on a paladin u never use shit, why? chants aren't useful in rvr unless your with a grp of paladins, so i think we should have "spells" that you can actually cast and use. It makes me sick how fucked up they have made paladins in this game, we are the best tanks and are amazing in other games i.e. Warcraft, baldurs gate 1 and 2 and alot of other games. In these games were the realms and people tank, in which we can be relied on not only to do damage but to heal, cure and protect our realm friends, but i just don't think we are capable enough to do anything in rvr. I sure as fuck don't care about PvE, i hate killing stupid spawn its no fun, better to fight against someone and win, then u get a sense of honour and happyness.

Call me a moaning alb or whatever, but our class is badly designed, Storm calling is cool why cant our chants be too? :(

F

Fafnir

Like the thane's SC is so powerfull, hitting lvl 50's for 1-100 points in damage.. Wooohoooo will only take 15 mjölners atleast to kill a normal unbuffed tank

G

Glyph_mid

Just to point it out, you cannot chainstun or chain mezz in RvR, you can in PvE but everytime you do you half the timer.
In RvR when you get stunned or mezzed you get a 60sec immunity to it when it runs our/you get hit.
When you try it will say "target already under that effect"

Fafnir, main target with mjollnir gets hit for 250-300 damage, you would know this if you were abit experienced in RvR :/
Our SC line is very fine, best str buff in game and best dam add ing ame, pretty much what a tank can ask for

T

Taggart

I think ya doing something wrong then fafnir, ive been hit for 200+ with some of the thane spells and ive been killed by thanes in a min or less, usually casted on, slamed, then beaten to death with there hammer :p

F

Fafnir

Originally posted by Taggart
I think ya doing something wrong then fafnir, ive been hit for 200+ with some of the thane spells and ive been killed by thanes in a min or less, usually casted on, slamed, then beaten to death with there hammer :p

Yes our 20 sec dd can hit some hard, but mjölner sucks. And you must have low resist against our spells. The best with SC is our damage add and str buff. The bellow can be usefull to flush out stealthers if you are lucky.

T

Taggart

Well bro you still have to agree with me, spells with storm calling are rather more useful than our chants :)

G

Glyph_mid

Again Fafnir, your SC must be under 10 for that kind of damage.
On lvl 50 tanks my lvl 48 DD hits for 280 and mjollnir (on primary target) hits for 250. My instant DD does about 140 and pb shout when in melee hits for 110. Then i got dam add and str buff

F

Fafnir

Originally posted by Glyph_mid
Again Fafnir, your SC must be under 10 for that kind of damage.
On lvl 50 tanks my lvl 48 DD hits for 280 and mjollnir (on primary target) hits for 250. My instant DD does about 140 and pb shout when in melee hits for 110. Then i got dam add and str buff

nope got 42 in SC guess i only manage to target high resist chars.

T

The Real Redi

Originally posted by Glyph_mid
Just to point it out, you cannot chainstun or chain mezz in RvR, you can in PvE but everytime you do you half the timer.
In RvR when you get stunned or mezzed you get a 60sec immunity to it when it runs our/you get hit.
When you try it will say "target already under that effect"

ok, i know its been said three times now, that it cant happen... but it still does... <shrugs> if anyone wants to explain what us tanks experience when we stand around jumping and strafing, and going nish-where, whilst the healers drop, then the casters, and all the while, none of us can move an inch. Is there one particular Uber mezz/root which can hold an entire force of agressors for how ever long it takes to kill them all? Its the most annoying thing in RvR/BG etc... I intend to get purge at some point, but what goods that when the minute youve purged the root, your hit with another one, or something different enough that it doesnt come under the 60 sec rule, and you now have to wait 30 minutes before you can purge again?

Im hoping that when ive got determination up a few levels, ill be able to tell whats going on...

A

agraucred

fafnir... id still rather have a nice str and damage buff than my chants, then spells? what a luxury you thanes are living!

O

old.linnet

Originally posted by The Real Redi

Is there one particular Uber mezz/root which can hold an entire force of agressors for how ever long it takes to kill them all?

Yep, there is. High level healers/ bards/ sorcerers get a very long AE mez. That's probably what you are seeing.

Lin

D

Danya

Also certain healer insta CC doesn't trigger the immunity timer. Their insta AE mez is one of these...

G

Garnet

My healer has a AE mez of 52 seconds. Dont know if there is a longer one. The healers are already getting there AE stun and Mez nerfed by up to -50% time so will make it easier for some mercs to get away from the mez faster.

Also for whoever posted about bolts getting blocked by healers... we hardly block bolts so stop moaning already :p

L

lairiodd

Give all stealthers a realm ability (or maybe for free :) ) which increases the range at which they can get rps from the group. As has being pointed out in alot of other places, real tactics requires the leader (if there is one :) ), to have access to as much info as possible. A stealther sitting on a mg making sure the force is not going to be attacked from behind is preforming a vital (if not very interesting) function, which should be recognised by rps. Though I have to admit it removes the fun of trying to obey ordersto scout while at the same time trying to remain in range for rps :).

Alternatively, if a stealther kills someone and the rest of the group is not in zone, then they should get 100% of the rps from that kill rather than 1/8 with the other 7/8 being allocated to the rest of the group and then not given as they are out of the zone. This happens alot when there is a group wipeout as stealthers generally more likely to survive those (like when a group of 8 is zerged by 4-5 fg's then there really is very little point in destealthing :) ). This means that campling the mg while the rest of the group comes back from ligen would be a little more rewarding.

This could be applied to buffers too, maybe if someone buffs you then they get a part of your rps even if they arent grouped with you (would need a large range too), this has the added bonus of reducing the effect of buffbots as if you were fully buffed by a buffbot then the buffbot would automatically be entitled to 50% of the rps you get as they would be in your group. There would need to be some system to prevent healers grouping for 1/8 of the rps from the group and then buffing outside the group to get even more. Maybe, if grouped they lose part of their share of rps depending on the percentage of buffs running outside the group

The same goes for crafters too :) as was suggested by someone on the tradeskill boards, (unlimited range obviously but the crafter would have to be logged on maybe), if my weapon kills someone (I guess the person attached to it may sometimes make some small contribution too :) ), I should get rps (even if they are special crafter rps that could only be used for special crafter specific realm abilities like lifter or something to increase vault space or allow stuff to be passed to alts without needing to ask someone to help ... or decreased make time or more efficient ability to salvage or maybe ability to make larger trinkets or ... well the list is endless :) )

hmm this was a longer post than intended ... my main point is some way for stealthers to increase their rps range ... it should easily be long enough so you can sit on a mg and get rps from an attack on crauchon

A

agraucred

if weapon crafters got RPs for there weapons you would never see an armour crafter of tailor...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom