Hmmm, Midgard doesn't seem like its a very nice place these days...what happened?

Cero

Fledgling Freddie
I'am happy in Bulle af Fetstryk, and happy being back again after 11 months inactive account. Also nice to know that everyone in mid have nothing bad to say about BaF.

Bth where is Cruz Missile... :(

Roo Stercogburn

Resident Freddy
I think some of the stuff in this thread a bit exaggerated, both in rose tinted glasses and the flaming. The truth, as usual, is somewhere in between.

I do strongly object to Everlast getting a flame because they've worked their asses off for Midgard and come whenever called and have been instrumental in many relic raids and defences.

Also think people should give Baduska/Bloody (lol had to make sure not to write Bloody Baduska in case it was taken wrong) a chance to prove what BO can be with someone new at the helm and bear in mind, only new as leader of BO, long standing and respected player, even if people have differences at times.

I understand completely the frustrations that people that lead raids have. I've often felt my only contribution on relic raids was to tell people to get up hill and yes, I've been told to STFU by people when I'm getting them up hill even when I'm the so-called ewul bullying raid dictator. What these idiots doubly don't understand is that when they're taking your time to deal with them, you're not doing the job you're supposed to be doing.

I also understand the frustrations that lie between the so-called RvR guilds and the so-called ordinary/casual guilds. Two different play-ethics that often clash. The thing is, to do anything on a realm level, you need each other.

Something I've noticed in general is that when someone is doing something it is THE most important thing to be doing, so when someone else doesn't treat it with the same priority as you, you get annoyed and frustrated. This manifests in DAoC as when for instance you're dead and want rez and you see a group running past you're furious they don't stop... but what you fail to realise is that they are crapping themselves from getting ganked by the enemies they think are close. Likewise when you want to do a realm level raid and people are in Tuscaran Glacier you get frustrated because you know you could achieve something if only people would make the effort. Again the thing to realise is that everyone that plays the game has perhaps slightly different goals. Maybe I have a slightly odd view of the world but I've actually been in the middle of relic raids and /who'd some random loc and thought, hey, we're bringing something home that will make your gameplay easier. Rather than it bothering me that they're not there, it just seems to me to show that things continue in this little virtual world.

People have a goal for their chars in game and thats all that matters to them. I've noticed that the cooperation only occurs when those goals match and this isn't just in game, life is like that too. This is directly related in-game to things like its the same few people that repair keep doors: there is no benefit, and most people play to benefit their toons and progress - they want something out of their time, which is fair enough. Nobody wants to do something for nothing ;)

There is a danger I think though when looking into the past too much. New players have come to Mid/Pryd, and they must be given the chance to show what they can do. Most of the guilds that operate on a realm level have been around in one form or another since DAoC was released in Europe or are offshoots of those guilds. There has appeared in Mid many new guilds and players, from whatever source, and I think they should be given a chance. I understand though when you're doing something that takes a lot of work to organise its very hard to give people chances, as they are an unknown quantity.

One of the things I notice about new players on Mid/Pryd is that they often have x number of lvl50s elsewhere... and think it means something here. The problem becomes that they have to re-earn some respect and friendship, its not automatically handed out. I've seen friction due to this a few times.

Nevertheless, I agree Mid/Pryd has hit a bump in the road, partly due to endless nerfs making people leave and partly due to people getting a bit greedy at times.

Mid is at a bit of a low ebb, but I don't think you can level the blame at one or two guilds and I hope people are smart enough to see that the posts which say this are just people with their own agenda because they have a history of falling out.

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
lol.. i have never EVER had any problems with theese so calles asshole rvr guilds, if im dead in emain and they run past they rezz me, if im in trouble getting ganked in whatever zone i rvr and they see me they help. ive never seen anyone of the "1337" kids of those rvr guilds behave bad in pve OR rvr.

but i DO know why ur not getting rezzed or help in rvr or pve or whatever. you dont like or help them. so why should they help you?

i have a shitload of ppl i refuse to rezz OR help out just because of their attitude... I bet my right arm that 99% of the ppl thats slagging off the rvr guilds got turned down when they applied to join....

and so what if they are rvr guilds that only run with certain ppl in grp? why is that so hard to deal with?

be nice to them and they might acually be nice back... but i suppose thats to deep for u fucktards to understand....

and Solid.. if u ever DO come back to the game stay the HELL out of midgard/prydwen.. roll on hib excal or something... the atmosphere on that hib/excal are outstanding.... it doesent matter how gimp ur char is when u lvl up u can almost always get a grp.... atleast in pve :) dont have a 50 there yet so cant say much about rvr :p

and Durgi, that little speach u made pretty much sums up most of it :)

Eroa

Banned
Brite=Sertified jackass

Dubt anyone can take this person serious.

Ressing people in emain aint always such a good idea. Many times its better for them to release and come back. While i was playing it happen practicly every day that i ressed someone at amg/mmg only to see them sit down to rest at the very same spot. As we leave 99% of the time we would see his/hers name just killed by random inf.

Kaitlyn

One of Freddy's beloved
I came from Albion a while ago as it had turned into a place of nastiness and spite, for me Midgard was a breath of fresh air. I dont think the change in Midgard can be blamed on one guild or one person but, in my opinion, a mixture of the way the game and the players have changed. It has gone from a mmporg to a fps with other people, gone is the spirit of wanting to develop in a community of the 'good old days', and now it seems just to be an ongoing competition of one up manship.
I have been in a few guilds in Midgard, and in most the behaviour was exceptional (I was very lucky :D ), but I still recall a few whose officers behaviour made me wince, but then I am a hard person to please.
While this community should be growing with the addition of new people, instead of helping them, we ostracize them for being 'Noobs' and, in my opinion this is one of the reasons Midgard is not a very nice play to play in anymore.
I do not know Bad Omen, or Everlast, but I do know Nemesis, another guild which gets a bad press and during my time in there I found that yes, Durgi was somewhat egotistical (which isn't that bad an insult from me, I was in a guild with Ayam after all ;) ) but he has every reason to be. He runs a well organized and friendly guild, which I saw run to defend the realm, even when they were left out of plans, help new players, and try to organize events for the realm.

kain

Fledgling Freddie
I don’t think this is good for the realm now, after reading what Durgi and Roo (two people that deserve respect for that they’ve done for the realm, be it in different styles) have wrote, I’m putting my grudges aside.

It would be good for the major guild GM’s to get together one day and make a joint midgardian plan, how we’ll get along in the future, RvR and regular guilds.

If we where to get some unity amongst the realm we’d be 100 times more powerful.

P.s good to see so many old EoO faces /wave

mikey

Fledgling Freddie
Brite said:
Yeh the incident where you bolted it when it was on half hp, notice i pull avernals with lifetap and staff it to death which takes some time for it to get to me then for me to acualy staff it down to half and you not notice? So i figures your trying to get me baf code so i will die and not pull, thus leaving more mobs so you get lvl 50 RR10L10 faster.

and you want evidence of you not rezzing people ? oh yeh i have screenshots framed of dead people and everlast running over the top.... seriously why would i bother to take a screenshot ? and the no power excuse... ive seen you run over people mpk > mmg when its quite obvious you just buffed up at mpk.

Its not helping people when you can (like you said if you have power) Its going out of your way to help people, so what if you lose a fight ? the guy you just ran over could be having a really bad day and being rezz by everlast might make him smile cos its pretty rare ;) or you could piss him off even more.

Dude you need to drink less coffee of something, you're way too uptight..
Bet tonnes of other people have done the same kind of thing by mistake and you don't give them a hard time, just because someone has high rr, doesn't mean they can't make a mistake.
As for "deliberate BaF code" , whoa, parannoid, chill out brite, gone give yourself a heart-attack.. makes me wonder what ebil things you do to people when they're on your bad side

Kreig

One of Freddy's beloved
Brite said:
and you want evidence of you not rezzing people ? oh yeh i have screenshots framed of dead people and everlast running over the top.... seriously why would i bother to take a screenshot ? and the no power excuse... ive seen you run over people mpk > mmg when its quite obvious you just buffed up at mpk.

Its not helping people when you can (like you said if you have power) Its going out of your way to help people, so what if you lose a fight ? the guy you just ran over could be having a really bad day and being rezz by everlast might make him smile cos its pretty rare ;) or you could piss him off even more.

Have you ever had to buff a grp or do resist buffs? I know with my cleric + my sorc that doing 3 resist buffs + 1 Melee Proc or 8 x PoP + 3 sheilds eats power. The fact u say they had just buffed up is probley more of an excuse if anything for them to ignore you and save power. Even with Mcl i often save it for when ive just buffed so im never oop for the next potential fight - Caster oop YAY ph33r staff poweh. Besides if you are close 2 PK im sure its hardly an issue getting a res with the amount of bots logged in these days.

klavrynd

Fledgling Freddie
shanks said:
Well, I took a break and it all went to hell after that. :drink:

Nah the game died ages ago.

The thing most whiners don't get is the reason you join an "elite rvr guild" is so you can totally independent and care fuck all about what everyone thinks about you because you don't need them.

it's just envy all over again, same whine, different guildnames

Venom

Fledgling Freddie
Solid said:
Judging by some of the threads on this board, Midgard seems to have caught Alb Syndrome and the mass in-fighting, selfishness and arrogance seems to be displayed en masse.

What gives? what happened to the good old Prydwen Community Spirit that existed in the past?

Nerf Thanes IMO. Greetings old friend

Elendar

One of Freddy's beloved
if any realm has relics they theink they are happy
if realm loses relic all the hate comes to the surface

Swebully

Fledgling Freddie
Ive been a mid for quite a while...and all i can say about BO is that..some peeps in that guild are icky ..and others aint..like majsan :clap:

dont blame the whole guild because of 1-2 persons that you've met

i

emma

Loyal Freddie
Prydwen started out like the three muskateers.. All for one and one for all.

But sadly its more like just plain.. All for one now.

The spirit of prydwen is dead, even people ive known since release have turned to the darkside and become arrogant, selfish, nasty people :(. I know ive changed, but thankfully i quit before it got even worse.

Marcus75

Fledgling Freddie
Yeah...dont drag an entire guild down because of one or two people in it, we all react strong at times but if the spirit of the realm is bad that just means you gotta make an even greater effort to improve it. We all have to.

Ormorof

FH is my second home
emma said:

The spirit of prydwen is dead, even people ive known since release have turned to the darkside and become arrogant, selfish, nasty people :(. I know ive changed, but thankfully i quit before it got even worse.

people ive known since beta traded their accounts for infils :(

( :twak: orlan (teh original snornig :touch: )

snoz

Loyal Freddie
Glyph said:
Please inlight me on the numorous of bad incidents, just to give an example so i can tell our GM this stuff.

And we still got nothing to do with EoO, so why keep mentioning them?, maelstrom is prolly the guild with most EoO in
yep . i was one of gm's booom was in eoo as was remi. Thats all though i think :) BO has no eoo now i think ? or dunno ;]

edit *forgot reebs of bo was eoo old school* : ]

snoz

Loyal Freddie
emma said:

dont remember midgard being like that, from launch all hated eoo and eoo hated warders :)

People could not handle we were the only well organzied guild (fixed first relic raid ourself,fixed first keep take ourself, fixed first malm groups ourself)

showingoff.jpg

Kalgarn

Fledgling Freddie
snoz said:
yep . i was one of gm's booom was in eoo as was remi. Thats all though i think :) BO has no eoo now i think ? or dunno ;]

edit *forgot reebs of bo was eoo old school* : ]
divious,fatality,azurat,foadon,... :p

snoz

Loyal Freddie
Kalgarn said:
divious,fatality,azurat,foadon,... :p
after my time or is my memory screwed ? :] dont remember fatal or azur or foadon ;X maybe divi though.

Kalgarn

Fledgling Freddie
snoz said:
after my time or is my memory screwed ? :] dont remember fatal or azur or foadon ;X maybe divi though.
azu joined at the same time when divi joined after mighty chronicles splitted.foadon en fatality (adare in the old times) were there earlier.
and aldrick was fafhred.should be some more there too but only checked the top 10 on duskwave ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom