Hmmm, Midgard doesn't seem like its a very nice place these days...what happened?

Solid

Fledgling Freddie
Funny how I posted a completely neutral topic not mentioning ANY names guilds or specific actions and all of a sudden it turns into a slagfest between guilds, rofl.

What would any potential new players reading these forums for a taste of the community think about joining Midgard as a realm to fight the good fight?

Seriously, If ever I would consider coming back to the game (unlikely as that is) I would rather delete my chars and roll on a different realm than join Midgard at the moment.

Ofc this is all based on observations of irc discussions and forum topics, maybe its not that bad in game but it sure seems pretty grim from where I am standing.

There was a really good article linked on these forums about what people take away from a game after their time in it has ended, and its mostly the friendships they have made, I think a lot of people have forgotton why they play an MMORPG or else they have shifted their goals more towards CS style aspirations of "wtfpwnage" and less from the Role Playing friendly community driven experience.

Remmeber the wise old sage once said:

"...anger leads to hate, hate leads to suffering"

Some people here are probably mors stressed and angry due to game conflicts than they are in real life, how ironic is that considering you play an RPG as a form of escaping the trials and tribulations of everyday life.

Prudil

One of Freddy's beloved
This is how brite makes his assumptions...go figure :(

Ormorof

FH is my second home
It was beyond doubt the finest guild our realm ever had.

that is a matter of opinion and whether you were in the guild or not :p

the same goes for BO and some of the other RvR guilds

i hear countless times of the "damn rvr guilds" never stopping to rez and in general just ignoring you, i myself have asked BO for rezz and they ran right over me and then told me later i was too far away. ive had BO stand and watch enemies kill me and then finishing them off so as not to "add" which is the most stupid consept ever concieved for rvr.

as you might have guessed i dont like BO

to the idea that azal, durgi, blej and baduska were leaders of the realm i have no doubt, but i find that they may have been able to take charge and get the result but i never enjoyed their raids particularly (exception maybe for durgi and some of the RR's done :) ). and as krill said i think roo is more of a leader for midgard since he seems to be trying alot more and actually seems to care whether people think badly of him and what he does.

all i see from BO is the "fuck of we are l33t" attitude (which you arent helping much glyph ;) )

what it seems like to me is with the formation of these sort of guilds midgard has taken a turn for the worse, they may have helped on relic raids and relic defences but i dont see them caring about other people in the realm and about what other people feel.

it saddens me because alot of people i used to think highly of and even looked up to sometimes have gone to these guilds and adapted these attitudes which is a shame.

just my 2 cents

Zorin

Fledgling Freddie
well, Solid, old friend :)

These forums have more and more become a whinecentral for everything. Ofcourse it's not as bad ingame as it seems to be from what you read here. We all have different opinion of how this game should be played, but I feel that the main thing is to have fun, which is what I have atm and that's keeping me active. I won't quit because of the whines, I'll quit when I don't enjoy the game anymore.

Brite

Banned
Yeh the incident where you bolted it when it was on half hp, notice i pull avernals with lifetap and staff it to death which takes some time for it to get to me then for me to acualy staff it down to half and you not notice? So i figures your trying to get me baf code so i will die and not pull, thus leaving more mobs so you get lvl 50 RR10L10 faster.

and you want evidence of you not rezzing people ? oh yeh i have screenshots framed of dead people and everlast running over the top.... seriously why would i bother to take a screenshot ? and the no power excuse... ive seen you run over people mpk > mmg when its quite obvious you just buffed up at mpk.

Its not helping people when you can (like you said if you have power) Its going out of your way to help people, so what if you lose a fight ? the guy you just ran over could be having a really bad day and being rezz by everlast might make him smile cos its pretty rare ;) or you could piss him off even more.

Zorin

Fledgling Freddie
tell me, what is the point of ressing someone if it increases the chance of death alot?

That will just end up in death for both the ressers and the ones being ressed.

Brite

Banned
it was just an example, whatever why bother to pick on the details ?

your playing dark age of camelot, your not playing counter strike

im not gonna bother replying anymore cos you will just come out with little comments all the time and calling me kid.... yeh nice one.... showed me

Brelakor

Fledgling Freddie
Hi kids, come on over here and cry on my shoulder, it will make it all better.

Ormorof

FH is my second home
Zorin said:
tell me, what is the point of ressing someone if it increases the chance of death alot?

That will just end up in death for both the ressers and the ones being ressed.

how does it increase chance of death alot? these groups run with 3 healers i believe, so the only reason it would increase chance to die "alot" would be for all healers to decide to pay attention to only this guy.

if its in the middle of a fight i can understand it, but if its at a mg and your were killed by 1 or 2 enemies then its pretty frustrating, especially since you can then tell them where to go for rps :p

Makwaerk

Fledgling Freddie
okay about this not rezzing stuf, it is utter BS, you need prof?

how about this:

Rezz is worth Rp's

About adding:

We in BO add, but not always. The times we don't is if we see mids that:

are winning AND we know they would not add on us if the situation was reverse.

OR

the battle is hopeless and there is no point in us getting killed aswell

Us not adding is us being kind to you, letting you get full RP for your work.

ElemenT

One of Freddy's beloved
Glyph said:
Afaik only delg and azurat have been part of EoO, and they havent been involved at all in these last days troubles

Actually.. Foadon, Aldrick (Fafhred), Reebs (Hemulen/Insomnia dawg) and Fatality were members of EoO also.

Memories :(

Kalgarn

Fledgling Freddie
heh,threads like this make me glad i've quited.unbelievable that people still haven't learned not to judge people for their guilds actions but for their own actions.
anyway,nice to see a thread like this brings back alot of old friends and those seem to be the most sensible people in this thread.heya guys,you know who you are ;)

btw solid,when are you comming over to belgium?you still ow me a few beers if i'm not mistaken :p

proud ex-officer of EoO

Quemine

Regular Freddie
/agrees with squirrel here

Midgard hasn't been in this bad shape ever.. Ahh well, atleast I have some good memories of this game left.. from, hmm.. *ponders* Hmmm.. *opens up another beer*

Yeah whatever, Cheers!

Kalgarn

Fledgling Freddie
aw common que,we had some great laughs back in the old days. ;)
and get me a beer too lazy bastard :p

Solid

Fledgling Freddie
Kalgarn I am biking thru europe on my way to Denmark for a meeting with some old Klan Nidstand and Head Hunters friends this summer, so I *MAY* go via Belgium D if I do I will PM u for ur address and will pop round :D

Kalgarn

Fledgling Freddie
hehe,sure.i'll put some fine belgian beer cold for you then ;)

p.s.: isn't this much more fun then argueing people?now all hug eachother and be friends :p

Elendar

One of Freddy's beloved
Ormorof said:
what it seems like to me is with the formation of these sort of guilds midgard has taken a turn for the worse, they may have helped on relic raids and relic defences but i dont see them caring about other people in the realm and about what other people feel.

it saddens me because alot of people i used to think highly of and even looked up to sometimes have gone to these guilds and adapted these attitudes which is a shame.

i strugle to think of an example of when you have show you care about us

Ormorof

FH is my second home
Elendar said:
i strugle to think of an example of when you have show you care about us

i rezz anyone i can when i see them, and if group keeps going then ill stand and wait for them to run out of end and come back :p

i always try and be nice to people but its very hard when you just get a "stfu" reply when you ask them to rezz or whatever

Zorin

Fledgling Freddie
I have never ever in my entire daoc history gotten "stfu" as a reply when asking for ress and I have never said it myself to someone asking for ress. :x

Kalgarn

Fledgling Freddie
Zorin said:
I have never ever in my entire daoc history gotten "stfu" as a reply when asking for ress and I have never said it myself to someone asking for ress. :x
STFU!!! :p

Glyph

Fledgling Freddie
Ormorof said:
i rezz anyone i can when i see them, and if group keeps going then ill stand and wait for them to run out of end and come back :p

i always try and be nice to people but its very hard when you just get a "stfu" reply when you ask them to rezz or whatever

Never done that, only ran over people if I knew enemies were close, and I needed the power, but after the fight or until the situation is safe, I will come back and res

Makwaerk

Fledgling Freddie
Ormorof said:

tbh I just don't belive a word you say anymore, somethíng like that is just to far out, you seem to make up shit and whine.

Elendar

One of Freddy's beloved
Ormorof said:

so your mighty contribution is to rez people when you see them...

and you say people who organise relic raids, dragon raids etc do nothing for the realm...

Ormorof

FH is my second home
Elendar said:
so your mighty contribution is to rez people when you see them...

and you say people who organise relic raids, dragon raids etc do nothing for the realm...

i never said they did nothing for the realm, i said they didnt seem to care what people felt even though they organised all these things, therefor alot of people got pissed off with them.

to be honest if someone organises a relic raid and it succeeds, greats, but if he's a complete arse to everyone on the raid all the way along too then thats not great.

Arakasi

Fledgling Freddie
You can allways come join albion :p
You wont have any problems getting res either, since 100 PLed pallys will "attack" your corpse to res ^^

Glyph

Fledgling Freddie
Arakasi said:
You can allways come join albion :p
You wont have any problems getting res either, since 100 PLed pallys will "attack" your corpse to res ^^

And you get to flame BO people for other things instead ;)

Freydianna RadarAbuser

Makwaerk

Fledgling Freddie
Ormorof said:
i never said they did nothing for the realm, i said they didnt seem to care what people felt even though they organised all these things, therefor alot of people got pissed off with them.

to be honest if someone organises a relic raid and it succeeds, greats, but if he's a complete arse to everyone on the raid all the way along too then thats not great.

If he has been a arse, it have proberly been becourse ppl could not be bothered actully listen to what he said, and went ahead and fucked things up. I can tell you it is very annoying when you spend alot of time planning a raid and care about the realm, if some ppl just fucks it becourse they cba to listen.

Huntingtons

Resident Freddy
Glyph said:
Its just stupid that half the thread these days turn into BO whine threads, and I think we try as good as possible not to whine back, although we could find alot of whine to start up.

All publicity is good publicity :)

Baduska

Fledgling Freddie
Ormorof said:

Makwaerk said:
If he has been a arse, it have proberly been becourse ppl could not be bothered actully listen to what he said, and went ahead and fucked things up. I can tell you it is very annoying when you spend alot of time planning a raid and care about the realm, if some ppl just fucks it becourse they cba to listen.

dunno if it was this thread or some other thread were blejs azal durgi and myself were listed as the relic raiders leaders of old time. and someone commented on us not doing it anymore.

and that's exactly the reasons why i'm not doing them, cause ppl dont listen, i have a perfect, or at least good plan ready tell everyone what to do, and then you hit excal and see ppl running around down hill, people doing all kinds of shit, then it feels really pointless putting lots of time and effort into it.

thats also why i only RvR with certain people, i want people that listen, i dont care if people are new to the game and dont do things right at first, as long as you tell them and they react and do it right the next time. lots of people dont do that. and i avoid those. that also results in me avoiding some people that might listen, but i why try new people when you know there are some people you can trust to heal you, who dont break cc with ae spells etc. when 80% of every random person doesn't seem to listen, might as well do the safe thing and play with people you know you can rely on

cenestra

Fledgling Freddie
Glyph said:
Please inlight me on the numorous of bad incidents, just to give an example so i can tell our GM this stuff.

Pffft you got Delg in your guild .. thats reason enough to hate you!! (/Slap Delg .... DAMN DORF!! <-- Delg will understand dont worry ) Plus you didnt /wave back to me the other day in svas glyph .. so im sulking and hate you all atm!!

Seriously BO aint that bad

I've never had ANY BO Grp run over my dead body when ive been asking for a rez. Somewtimes they have run past me to check the area was clear or kill an alb/hib etc , but they always pm'd and said they would be back to rez soon. I have however had BO Grps come from around AMG Emain down into 'Crunchy Gorge' just to rez me after ive had my gimped hunter ass handed to me by a grey con. (yes that did happen :( lol) Had this happen more than once. Not very many guild or pickup rvr groups would bother to run down to rez me. Also had a BO healer come from svas to Glenlock to rez me as well. And NO I aint in BO, I dont want to join BO etc etc (Im in KN, Proud of it and Happy). If you actually bother to talk to BO members you will find that most of them (with the exception of DELG (lol)) are really nice people. Most of the time they are always willing to give advice about things, try tro help etc etc. Some of the nicest people i have met in this game are in BO ( That comment doesnt include Delg ofc ... mwuhaha )
So BO aint that bad. FGS give them a chance.

P.S

Delg is still a git :flame: .. and Glyph im still sulking :D

Wub ya Really Delg :clap:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom