Hibernia die ? or taking brake ? what you beleave?

cuddled0rf

Fledgling Freddie
Raven has alot of great points imo, and fyi angara i doubt raven has trouble finding a grp if he wants to, havent heard a bad word about him for aslong as i can remember. And the spirit of hib is indeed improving alot imo, was checking on egg of youth last nite and came upon zeni from LA, and since he seemed like a nice chap i stayed and helped out, something that never happened in the old days, in fact i seem to recall telling a certain 1337 gm to piss off ;) And Cf and LA aint the last bastion of defence, TD as perfomed quite well in rvr lately imo (ps: gratz Omega on rr9) All in all i think hib has taken a turn for the better :)

Ronso

Can't get enough of FH
Icebreaker said:
I will be there to take teh Keeps in NF. I like Sieges :D

Im looking forward to that too :clap:

and I........admire....your avatar :p

Tigersans

Fledgling Freddie
I remember the early days of lvling my hero made many trips to Marfach with Ravenboure, Zeelee, Rasmine and many others was gr8 fun what the game was about proper xp grps and making friends at the same time having a laugh.

Then i hit 50 went RVR done my bit achieved 50 as a casual gamer i can solo to 50 if had to then rvr yipeeee.

Now as a casual gamer i find it hard, cannot get on to get the ML's sorted due to work time, a lot of artis are camped by people so the od few hours im on i cant get them..And for RVR as i have no BG im not wanted so i spend hours yelling for grp one nights yelled LFG for 2 hours so just logged...

If your not powerful enough or Power gamer u just cant get grps 90% of the time. However there have been a few nights where i have been accepted by some grps and yes it was fun..

Just wish it was like the old days, cant see my playing much longer will give NF a try and try my NS with a few Arti's if can get them . But if my NS as my back up plan as no grps for Tank fails think ill be leaving soon no point spending my few casual hours just shouting LFG if my NS cant solo due to no Bb

Wot-do

Fledgling Freddie
Dont forget alot good players from hib/exc quit playing/went prydwen.
If I got it right when i popped this weekend, hib got like ~10 good players left and they run in diffrent groups mostly.

Ronso

Can't get enough of FH
Wot-do said:
If I got it right when i popped this weekend, hib got like ~10 good players left and they run in diffrent groups mostly.

thats what I mean - I was grouped with u in some very random group with a new bard who got lost etc and we got farmed .. :(

Chiefthunder

Fledgling Freddie
Loxleyhood said:
Anyone who quits because of NF before they actually ever play it is an idiot of Netcodian proportions.

I know you a long time on this forum and I must ask; have you gotten anything positive to say about daoc or any player cuz you are so damn negative, its like "i'm uber so all you lads can feck off i'll get rr 10 in 1 day" kinda attitude .No matter what you post its either to

A) laugh about other peoples questions/whines/flames
B) laugh cuz you killed a lowbie rr or something
C) laugh about any persons ignorance about something and he asks advise
D) laugh even with a person asking if hib is really dead or dying (I feel the same)
E) any of the above combined

Soz just had to say it, lots hate your posts but never had the balls to say it, now quote me and flame/insult me while I will have a laugh this time on ur account you cwazy IP'ing scout :D

/no hard feelings

Khefru

One of Freddy's beloved
Hib atm is pretty dead imo. Getting your arti's and ml's are pretty easy. I work shifts, meaning there are lots of times when I can't log on in prime time. I also have a family, yet I still found time to get my template sorted (it does help being in a large guild). I had to farm lots of cash to buy scrolls etc and I have no good farming char. None of this proved a problem and with a bit of determination and patience I lvl's all my arti's to 10 and got bodyguard so that I could get RvR groups.

The problem in Hib now is the lack of casual gamers RvRing. At the beggining of this year, I could log on, go to DL and usually well within an hour get a random RvR group. Now I can spend up to 3 days stood at DL lfg. Getting 10k a day was an easy target for a more casual RvRer like me. I'm struggleing to get 30k a week now.

Not sure what NF will change as I tend to ignore what the yanks say anyway, but unless it's some easier RvR action I'm sure there will be even more ppl leaving.

Jaapi

Fledgling Freddie
I quit because of ToA. Games are supposed to be fun, ToA is work.

Ronso

Can't get enough of FH
Jaapi said:
I quit because of ToA. Games are supposed to be fun, ToA is work.

You should have quoted me :D I said the exact same line on a different thread :p

Kaireem

Fledgling Freddie
Khefru said:
The problem in Hib now is the lack of casual gamers RvRing. At the beggining of this year, I could log on, go to DL and usually well within an hour get a random RvR group. Now I can spend up to 3 days stood at DL lfg. Getting 10k a day was an easy target for a more casual RvRer like me. I'm struggleing to get 30k a week now.
Not sure what NF will change as I tend to ignore what the yanks say anyway, but unless it's some easier RvR action I'm sure there will be even
more ppl leaving.

Amen to that.

Khefru said:
Now I can spend up to 3 days stood at DL lfg

And this is exactly my main reason for quitting and loving it :cheers:

Ronso

Can't get enough of FH
And this is exactly my main reason for quitting and loving it :cheers:[/QUOTE]

Ive sat in dl myself and the 2 reasons the groups arent there are that the old leet are all hunched together and wont mix with the randoms and the rest are in toa or running guild groups only - its the same ol same ol but this time we cant afford to do it no more ...

TriggerHappy

Fledgling Freddie
i dont think people should quit the game because they are left lfg for awhile re-role to a needed char because the game will get boring if ya only stick to one char no matter how good u are,and another thing is ya gotta take the good days with the bad i play a vw and should have called myself LFG <recommend by punishment me m8> i rarely got a grp but still enjoyed the game and got to 47 so far, another thing i would seriously recommend is that u role a bg1 char because wen u having a bad time with ur main it is really nice to go and pwn mids/albs without worrying about rps etc. and mate<i know this pretty long but bear wit me> u making this game stressful for urself if u worring about getting so many rps so quick the game aint gonna disappear soon so just enjoy it

Im a man of few words......... :flame: :worthy: :flame:

Kaireem

Fledgling Freddie
TriggerHappy said:
i dont think people should quit the game because they are left lfg for awhile re-role to a needed char because the game will get boring if ya only stick to one char no matter how good u are,and another thing is ya gotta take the good days with the bad i play a vw and should have called myself LFG <recommend by punishment me m8> i rarely got a grp but still enjoyed the game and got to 47 so far, another thing i would seriously recommend is that u role a bg1 char because wen u having a bad time with ur main it is really nice to go and pwn mids/albs without worrying about rps etc. and mate<i know this pretty long but bear wit me> u making this game stressful for urself if u worring about getting so many rps so quick the game aint gonna disappear soon so just enjoy it

Im a man of few words......... :flame: :worthy: :flame:

after lvling 4 toons to 50 and doing full toa on 2 of them i didnt wanna go through all that again....

Squalion

Fledgling Freddie
Event said:
Many have left recently including myself for one simple reason:

The game has grown stale.

This is obviously just my opinion.

Correct

:mad:

very stale

Tigersans

Fledgling Freddie
I have now a Hero, mage and NS healers dont apeal to me but im still yelling LFG in dl, no way im doing another 50.

Just hoping NF brings RVR to the casual gamers back again like it used to be as lfg for 2 hours in DL when can only get on the game for 3 hours the nights im on is very annoying.

vintervargen

Banned
the 'standing LFG' thing is a kinda bad arguement imo ;)

its not that hard do make your own non-opted group and head to odins for example..

Wot-do

Fledgling Freddie
Ronso said:
thats what I mean - I was grouped with u in some very random group with a new bard who got lost etc and we got farmed .. :(

I sold my acc quite some time ago, its a new guy playing my old chars and I didnt run with random grps :)

YoungElf

Fledgling Freddie
vintervargen said:
the 'standing LFG' thing is a kinda bad arguement imo ;)

its not that hard do make your own non-opted group and head to odins for example..

Yes it's not that bad, until some fixed group comes and kills every random group what they could kill. Or they get killed by alb / mid fixed group :p

Maybe it's just me, but they seem to have increased the efficiency difference on between random and efficient group setups.

Altho I don't see why it wouldn't have hapened, when they give % increases instead of fixed amount. Which seems to be have been trouble with old RA's too, maybe mythic don't know how to count %'s and only splashes some random percents which sounds nice enough.

Umm, when reading over this starts to be bit just whining, but I still say % increases always favor most those who are at top already.

Thorinn

Fledgling Freddie
Tigersans said:
I remember the early days of lvling my hero made many trips to Marfach with Ravenboure, Zeelee, Rasmine and many others was gr8 fun what the game was about proper xp grps and making friends at the same time having a laugh.

Ye was ok :) But then TOA came, and game got boring as hell :)
And tbh, then it was time to move on, for me ;) Tho i sometimes still miss the good old days in DO....

Pbuck

Fledgling Freddie
Wot-do said:
I sold my acc quite some time ago, its a new guy playing my old chars and I didnt run with random grps :)

Yes you did:(
Friends >fixed groups remember?:D

Valgyr

Fledgling Freddie
Wot-do said:

even tho u are a V good player, i promice u there are LOTS more then 10 good players left just cause u arent in a rvr guild doesnt make u suck, after all if u are good at comp games in general smart in RL but dont have the time or will to play as much as some ppl doesnt make u a worse player then the rr 11s that played lots in good grps.

Ogen

One of Freddy's beloved
Wot-do said:
Dont sell.. Delete imo :)

Tholus

Fledgling Freddie
Wot-do said:
...and I didnt run with random grps :)

What humility, what wonderful example of lack of elitism, what great show of willingness to play this game meeting people and socializing.

That made me realize how badly I miss those people and what great loss this has been for our little community.

/salute

Pbuck

Fledgling Freddie
Valgyr said:
even tho u are a V good player, i promice u there are LOTS more then 10 good players left just cause u arent in a rvr guild doesnt make u suck, after all if u are good at comp games in general smart in RL but dont have the time or will to play as much as some ppl doesnt make u a worse player then the rr 11s that played lots in good grps.

Alot of players are skilled,but u need to dedicate alot of time into a character to become good at it(eg experienced) something alot of people for various rl reasons cant afford

vintervargen

Banned
Tholus said:
play this game meeting people and socializing.

you need to play a game to meet people?

i play this game for the action, aka RvR.

im getting fucking annoyed by all people blaming everything on 'elitists'.

Garax

Fledgling Freddie
Tholus said:
What humility, what wonderful example of lack of elitism, what great show of willingness to play this game meeting people and socializing.

That made me realize how badly I miss those people and what great loss this has been for our little community.

/salute

And if you took the time to read Fames post it was to clarify that it probably wasn't him that Ronso was refering to, instead of jumping on the "omg you leetist fuck" bandwagon.

The realm will be a damn site worse off with the loss of people who dedicate alot of their time to it than people who bitch and moan about people who have more available time to play DAoC than they can manage themselves.

Theres nothing wrong with power gamers imo, just like there is nothing wrong with casual gamers, each fulfils a purpose for playing. But unfortunately the people who devote more time to the game become better and help the realm more (as they are online more often than most and can help and devote more time to issues regarding the realm).

So instead of getting pissy about things, just accept what others can offer instead of thinking your e-penis is being threatened.

Vodkafairy

Fledgling Freddie
people point too many fingers and it's pretty pathetic tbh, elitist this, powergamer that, what is the point

if you don't like their playstyle then don't play with them, everyone has their own way of making daoc fun. sure you can dream about a daoc that has a perfect community suited to your wishes but that is never going to happen

you have to make daoc fun for yourself and find likeminded people who you enjoy grouping with, if you fail to do that then bugger off instead of shoving the guilt to other people

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom