Hibernia die ? or taking brake ? what you beleave?

didyoufeelpac

Fledgling Freddie
topic say all . do you beleave that hibernia will be tottaly deserted ? or just people taking brake so will return more fresh ?

didyoufeelpac

Fledgling Freddie
jika i am fun of you can i have autograph ? you promised me last time will givf
i know nf will answer that but my question is what you beleave

censi

Can't get enough of FH
I will always be here to defend the realm fear not my friend!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Chrstffr

Fledgling Freddie
didyoufeelpac said:
jika i am fun of you can i have autograph ? you promised me last time will givf
i know nf will answer that but my question is what you beleave

yes

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Toa has hit most guilds quite hard, some members filtering back now but the population seems to have taken a hit pretty hard overall, its not the power gamers leaving that is the problem, nobody really gives a shit about them, its the casuals that are the problem, if 50% of power gamers have left it makes no differance over all, but if 50% of casual players leave the game its doomed.

YoungElf

Fledgling Freddie
Gotta agree with Raven in some parts
Casual players seem be taking more and more breaks from the game all the time. Some say they're waiting arti's to be less camped, others been saying they're not enjoying the game so much anymore.

In my own opinion they're getting mostly frustated of how much they need to do and wait before they can be compared with powergamers characters at all

Kaireem

Fledgling Freddie
The reason i quit was : you send hours and hours and hours making a good template, getting ML's, getting good arti's. Then you have all those and you're thinking yay rvr!

so you get a grp, do 2 runs, get zerged or whatever, some1 leaves, spend an hour getting 1 rep, get killed by zerg or mids or whatever, more ppl leave, grp splits. rinse and repeat.
cba with that shit.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
exactly, nothings changed, after you have got all your artifacts/master levels etc emain is still the same boring place. hope NF makes things better, i have a feeling for most people it will.

Loxleyhood

Fledgling Freddie
Anyone who quits because of NF before they actually ever play it is an idiot of Netcodian proportions.

Aun

Fledgling Freddie
well i wuld say that casule players are leaving is because there are hardly any groups in PvE so that means that people have to stay with the couple/one 50 they have and that gets boaring....tbh i havnt even got a 50 and its getting me down that there are no groups around to be able to get to 50....partly its my falt for not playing as much but because of ToA so meany people are doing the ToA thing and theres no real EXP in that....and since BB's (and im not saying nething about them good/bad) more and more people are soloing due to the fact its easyer....its a shame i realy like this game but i find myself having more brakes all the time :(

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
people who play 24/7 and have a false sence of superiority, ie the fucknuckles who yell abuse over /as.

Boni

Fledgling Freddie
didyoufeelpac said:
i have 1 more question what powergamer means

A powergamer is someone who concetrates on upping the power of their character more than most. A powergamer wouldnt think twice about camping some mob for 10hrs if he thought it would make his character 0.1% better. He farms lots of gold, encounters, and when he approaches rvr looks to maximise his rp earnings by going fg with only good teammates in perfect TOA gear.

Being a powergamer doesnt make you a complete wanker by definition, in general these people just want to play the game 'well' and 'efficiently', but for some the quest for power means you have to be wanker too I guess.

tierk

Part of the furniture
Loxleyhood said:
Anyone who quits because of NF before they actually ever play it is an idiot of Netcodian proportions.

Omg i think i need to go visit doctor i actually agree with something you said.

didyoufeelpac

Fledgling Freddie
good explanation boni :D now i wonder there are casual gamers and powergamers both they choose their path but i hear people complain about mls arts etc the casual players insteed of quiting wouldnt be better to find group with people that share that path ? or everything its about winning and earning rps ?

oblimov

Luver of Buckfast
I myself stopped playing coz of toa but then after a bit i came back and seem to be enjoying it quite a bit

the only problem i find now is that toa is not designed for casual players, given that artifacts can take days to get to lv 10 with non stop fins pulling its clear that a person who say only spends an hr or two a day on this game wont get anywhere

im hoping that NF will make it a bit easier for people to log in for just a quick session and then log out, without having to give up more RL for this game.

Angara

Fledgling Freddie
Loxleyhood said:

Glad you cleared that up Lox.
I cant imagine people just being tired of the game..... :eek7:

Divinia

One of Freddy's beloved
Angara said:
Glad you cleared that up Lox.
I cant imagine people just being tired of the game..... :eek7:

yeah, but he stated "because of NF" :D

Tholus

Fledgling Freddie
A lot of casual players left the game during ToA.
I don't think the reason was the difficulty of getting MLs and Artis (any casual player can get them, he just dont have to be in hurry...)
It is mostly becouse of the grind and competitive atmosphere that ruined our realm for a certain period.

Now many of these casual players who left are, quietly, popping back in game.

A bunch of powergamers left the game recently.
To be honest I could not care less.
I sometimes even think this will help to recreate a more friendly and less in-realm competitive enviroment in Hibernia and will help more people to take the decision to come back.

NF is coming out soon, and it seems to be a good expansion for those who need to have some fun after work without having the time to create the "perfect" gank character....

Angara

Fledgling Freddie
Hib will do just fine in NF, i am sure of that :)
But lately the new FOTM for Hibs is definitly quitting/retiring/hibernating (whatever you wanna call it)

Tholus has some nice points, and maybe since some powergamers left, the atmosphere will lighten up.
On the other hand you need those hardcore gamers to have some balance in RvR i think. No mather how much of a loser some powergamers can be, they are needed in every realm to keep things goin.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
The atmosphere has got a lot better of late in hib, i dont know if this is related to a large chunk of power gamers leaving.
I dont think we will struggle w/o the power gamers tbh, we still have our relics, we have df for a large chunk of the time, we still have plenty of high ML raids, we are not exactly struggling on the last weeks RPs either. the hib econemy is booming, plenty to buy, plenty to sell.

they wont be missed...

Angara

Fledgling Freddie
Raven said:
they wont be missed...

Raven, less bitterness will make you feel a lot more happy.
And this remark is just utterly stupid. Hib would never had the powerrelics for 2 years without those powergamers.

Good luck in NF to defend them or even worse...take them back with the casual people who just play to relax :)

Those powergamers did more for the realm then you ever will do while singeling rocots in DF...sorry to be so offensive, but your post is pissing me off.

Gray-CF

Fledgling Freddie
tbh it has to be said this realm has been lucky enough only ever have a few true 100% cocks pass its way. Very few really imo.

Sure some of the powergamers from time to time could be a bit arsey/greedy/whatever but for the most part 99% of em where v.good people and imo theres quite a few of them who will be missed.

but on the over hand life goes on and Hib while be fine one way or another!

I hope in the future some of the peeps do come back :)

Now if only we could get that mofo Mylittlepony to quit hes a real evil one! :p

Tholus

Fledgling Freddie
Angara said:
On the other hand you need those hardcore gamers to have some balance in RvR i think. No mather how much of a loser some powergamers can be, they are needed in every realm to keep things goin.

I don't agree with you.
Most of the powergamers play by thier own and don't balance or help in any way.

I believe the backbone of our community have always been made by people that knows how to play, that play seriusly and with dedication, that are friendly and helpful.

A lot of casual players have millions of realm points even with a family and a work, and they made them without hurry, playng this game in years, without grind and arrogance.

Good casual players can fight with honour against enemy gank groups, they can defend their relics, they can lead raids and master levels.

They are the treasure of our community, of our little society.

I could name you a few dozens.
And, gladly, most of them have been here since the beginning, and still are here....

Angara

Fledgling Freddie
What exactly do you think is a powergamer then :)

Dedication and serious playstyle for me is part of a powergamer.
Its not set on the amount of time you play, but how you play.
When you look at playtimes, i never was a powergamer myself...2 hours a night isnt that much.
But when i played, i always gave a 150% and i expected others to do the same in my group. Thats also powergaming to me, personal :)

I see what you mean Thol :) but i really think that without the Vengeance, LA and CF core-groups, this realm would have looked very different ;) imo!!

Divinia

One of Freddy's beloved
I believe the backbone of our community have always been made by people that knows how to play, that play seriusly and with dedication, that are friendly and helpful.

This is exactly what 70-90% of the powergamers are, just that there is a tiny bunch of cocks who also play the game with same dedication and "skill" but also tend to be assholes towards others, and therefor the rest get a bad name..

the latest persons i have done RVR with is some of my guildies from CF who are really good players and very dedicated to their tasks in RVR, and these persons have also been very friendly towards everyone ive met and are people with a sence of humour.. dont really know what more you could ask for, so when raven is posting a disguised "people who have "suceeded" more than me in daoc as a player can suck cock tbh" i get kinda pissed :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom