Hibernia die ? or taking brake ? what you beleave?

Divinia

One of Freddy's beloved
Angara said:
I see what you mean Thol :) but i really think that without the Vengeance, LA and CF core-groups, this realm would have looked very different ;) imo!!

Without the very first tankgroups from a certain guild in hibernia the realm would have SUCKED!!! :D

Angara

Fledgling Freddie
Divinia said:
so when raven is posting a disguised "people who have "suceeded" more than me in daoc as a player can suck cock tbh" i get kinda pissed :(

The same feeling came up in my thoughts when i read Ravens post...dunno who suck more tho, the powergamers or the people who really would like to be one but cant cause of various reasons.....

Mirt

One of Freddy's beloved
>Without the very first tankgroups from a certain guild in hibernia the realm would have SUCKED!!!

Hi Divz0r, do you still roleplay in /as at 3am?

Divinia

One of Freddy's beloved
only when very bored.. and i have lost some of my roleplaying lines..

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
Angara said:
Raven, less bitterness will make you feel a lot more happy.
And this remark is just utterly stupid. Hib would never had the powerrelics for 2 years without those powergamers.

Good luck in NF to defend them or even worse...take them back with the casual people who just play to relax :)

Those powergamers did more for the realm then you ever will do while singeling rocots in DF...sorry to be so offensive, but your post is pissing me off.

i am not bitter, just fed up with people thinking they are in some way better than others because they spend their time running around emain. i play the game my way and dont interact that much with the realm in general, though i am always polite to people, unlike half the people being discussed. Though i do go to defend when the relics are being threatened I dont actually care if we lose thm as i am a pretty much a solo only hero, I find emain and its related E-peen boosting boring and a complete waste of time. What i meant my the "they wont be missed" part is that hib will funtion just as well if we have powergamers or not, we will probably not get power relics in NF, the reason, bad design by mythic (numbers = win) if we still have powergamers this wont change. I would rather play the game without having to dodge inbreds who havent learnt how to be civil to others. It is in no way directed at all power gamers as some are actually ok.

Angara

Fledgling Freddie
Lets see what happens to Hib in NF :)
Without the "powergamers" who left.
Offcourse we will function fine, according to _your_ way of playing the game.
You dont care if Hib loses the relics, you dont care if mids/albs took all keeps...as long as you can farm rocots, its fine?
I am pretty sure lots will miss DH, some VGN people, some old CF, old LA people just to make their favorite groups, but hey....its about how _you_ like this online community and how you wanna play it.

imo, you choose the wrong game to play.
Its online, its interaction, its a community..and by the looks of you, you never wanted to be part of it or no one let you be part of it.
I still think you are bitter, you just emphisized that in your last post tbh.

Chrstffr

Fledgling Freddie
i was in emain today with nova and div!!!!11 am i a powergamer??! xl

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
not sure where you get you rocot idea from, what would be the point of farming them? The only reason i go to DF is to solo rvr, if we dont have it i either craft or go to HW/Odins, thats the way i play, solo. My life is to busy to spend 50% of my game time sat at dl waiting for the "right" group members, for the few hours a night i am actually at my comp i would rather be doing something productive, if i feel in the mood for rvr i go off and do so and i dont have to wait for a group or group members, if i feel like leveling an alt i do, if i have the time and someone needs help with something i will do, if i feel like crafting i do.
No i dont care if we lose relics, sorry if that bothers you but why should I? as i said i will go and defend but at the end of the day, do you expect me to feel sympathy because a bunch of casters arent nuking as hard or druids healing for as much in emain?
I think everyone should play the game how they like, after all they pay thier own subs, nobody should feel an obligation to do something just because its considered the norm, but there is just no need to be rude. As i said i dont have a problem with powergamers, its powergamers with an attitude problem, they seem to want everyone to know how good they think they are.
As for the "you never wanted to be part of it or nobody would let you be part of it" I have been playing for 2 years, i have made a lot of friends, i would hope i havent made many enemies and i have and still am "part of it" i have got what i want out of the game which is fun friends and sometimes a challenge, i have not let the game take over my life and i have not taken it seriously.

Angara

Fledgling Freddie
You got your pov, i got mine.
Just dont think you should say stuff like

"they wont be missed"

or

"The atmosphere has got a lot better of late in hib, i dont know if this is related to a large chunk of power gamers leaving"

or

"people who play 24/7 and have a false sence of superiority, ie the fucknuckles who yell abuse over /as."

or

"I would rather play the game without having to dodge inbreds who havent learnt how to be civil to others"

And you still think ur not bitter?
You made your point, i made mine...but next time, try to choose your words a little more wise so you wont attack a whole group of players ;)

Event

Fledgling Freddie
Many have left recently including myself for one simple reason:

The game has grown stale.

This is obviously just my opinion.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
i was thinking about this at college this evening, yes i know i should be thinking about management accounts but it gets dull after a while.
I think the game really started to change for the worse was the advent of power level and the near death of old style exp groups, when i leveled my first toon, my hero i made so many friends on the way to 50, many i still speak to now, when i exped my ranger power level groups were starting proper (fins camped by enchanters and leaches) so i solo'd my way to 50. People see fins as a means to an end, they go there, spend 24 hours semi afk and leave, i doubt they can even remember the names of the other people in the group. cheap easy and faceless. now the real problem is that many of the old people never get to speak to the majority of the new people which leaves a gulf.
Old style exping wasnt just about smacking random mobs for hours it was about talking and having fun with new friends and faces, which i think every online game needs to survive and daoc has less of each day.

Danya

Fledgling Freddie
Well I think you said some pretty stupid things about powergamers tbh raven, but that last thread is right on the mark. Without random XP groups you never really get to talk to anyone, it makes for a realm of strangers which frankly, blows.

ilaya

Can't get enough of FH
i think raven has a lot of valid points actually.. the atmosphere has kinda improved.. we all relying on each other so much more to play a part in rvr.. its more open u know.

its not so much of a them and us standpoint now for lots of peeps.. play well and u shall be rewarded.. dont matter what guild u in.

ofc.. there shall be a new breed of raid leaders that will come to the forefront since others left.. and a new level of so called powergamers..

hib aint in trouble at all. we still have VERY good peeps and raid leaders atm.. peeps who know what they doing.. god sake we've been on so many raids with peeps who have left, we bound to have picked up a few pointers aint we? :p

i think a LOT of hibs just so fooking sick of mid gank grps in emain atm that they taking a well deserved break so they fresh for NF and a new challenge :)

as for hibs not gonna take any relics? wanna bet? :) elds may go void.. might get even spread of mana ments and light ments.. animists doing their thing.. super boosted champs doing their thing.. rangers going apeshit with volley.. hib gonna suffer? i think not.. hib gonna OWN.

oh and divinia.. that tank group u mentioned.. was that the one who ran in odins 95% of the time?

hibernia will always be safe and strong as long as there's peeps willing to defend it. i'm up for it. are u lot? bring it on i say! rar!

Divinia

One of Freddy's beloved
oh and divinia.. that tank group u mentioned.. was that the one who ran in odins 95% of the time?

ofc, someones gotta make sure that hibs+odins is not only remembered as a fg stealther place

Mirt

One of Freddy's beloved
>oh and divinia.. that tank group u mentioned.. was that the one who ran in odins 95% of the time?

That was probably do to strong whine over the emain zerging (there's some vid floating about that shows the emain zergs, you'll just have to take my word about the wajn).

Danya

Fledgling Freddie
ilaya said:
as for hibs not gonna take any relics? wanna bet? :) elds may go void.. might get even spread of mana ments and light ments.. animists doing their thing.. super boosted champs doing their thing.. rangers going apeshit with volley.. hib gonna suffer? i think not.. hib gonna OWN.
Mana ment is gimped. Animists get nerfed to crap. Rangers are countered by scout / hunter zergs. I don't think we're in for massive ownage in NF really.
BTW, what's the super boost for champs? AFAIK they don't really get anything special.

Diar

Fledgling Freddie
tbh, I agree with raven totally, some breed of powergamers have, and always will, fuck up the game...

even if they are just ignoring you when you politely ask them something, or if they're camping 10 things at the same time and you ask at 1 thing if you can join a little and they just ignore you or bitch you off...

I wonder if the ppl that are almost getting to the point of flaming raven are powergamers...

I know I am not a powergamer, I'll even admit that I'm not a good casual player, but I have FUN with this game, talking to friends, having a good laugh, getting pissed at some mob cuz it killed you for the 6th time in a row...that sorta stuff

I don't know alot about this game for sure, but there's 2 things I do know, the powergamers that are twats will absolutely not be missed by many players if they leave, and that the game is designed to have FUN, not to be the best of the best of the best of the best ^^

Ronso

Can't get enough of FH
Diar said:
tbh, I agree with raven totally, some breed of powergamers have, and always will, fuck up the game...

even if they are just ignoring you when you politely ask them something, or if they're camping 10 things at the same time and you ask at 1 thing if you can join a little and they just ignore you or bitch you off...

I wonder if the ppl that are almost getting to the point of flaming raven are powergamers...

I know I am not a powergamer, I'll even admit that I'm not a good casual player, but I have FUN with this game, talking to friends, having a good laugh, getting pissed at some mob cuz it killed you for the 6th time in a row...that sorta stuff

I don't know alot about this game for sure, but there's 2 things I do know, the powergamers that are twats will absolutely not be missed by many players if they leave, and that the game is designed to have FUN, not to be the best of the best of the best of the best ^^

Make sure that the point is clear - I know many power gamers in Hib and in Camlann and the majority of them are down to earth ( to a point :) ) and are generally nice fellas - Its the wankstains that are too kool for skool kinda guys that I want to take a row of breaks back to back ...
I think Hibernia will do ok but tbh its like we are going through some sort of famine atm because there are a lot of people quitting and most of these people have been at the forefront of the realms defense since the euro release ..I dont know if we have the population or enough people with good equipment and skills to continue to hold the mids and albs at bay - I would love to share people like Ilayas enthusiasm but unfortunatly I cant and Im just uncertain of the realms future atm ...I ofc want to see us doing very well through modest numbers and aggresive and talented play style and not zergs or radars but I think we have seriously suffured loses in our 'front line' and while there are many veterans left I think we are made up mainly of the newer hibs now ..

New is good but new cant always beat the old and wise BF or NP..
I always had this kinda small belief that all the realms need their hero figures from outlaw and Joyster to Sheph and Tusk etc but I cant help thinking that our heroes arent around and do we have any replacements :(

I dont fear that hibernia will go down but I do wonder if we will always be forsaken to play the outnumbered realm or the realm that lost its experience ... maybe Im wrong and I REALLY hope I am but its just my current opinion so please comment on it if you wish ..

Ronso

Can't get enough of FH
I would also like to add that having Celtic Fist and La alone is not good enough - they are what seems the last bastion of really good players but I still think its not enough to top what other realms have atm and in the future - I know gray can hit me with statistics but I know the black company have torn emain a new arsehole in the last 2 weeks farming us and I didnt see them fall when LA and Cfs groups went out there ... and I also dont mean to undermine other guilds as I know the fallen order and others are starting to have a renewed serious impact in rvr but I still think we need more ... as I said - its imo so comment if u wish

thanks

Shangrila

Fledgling Freddie
Ronso said:
I know the black company have torn emain a new arsehole in the last 2 weeks farming us and I didnt see them fall when LA and Cfs groups went out there

Because its incredible hard to beat good mid groups at the moment, 2-3 sojos, spec nukers rule badly atm, insane interrupts, the uber no-skill-2-button-noob class called Bonedancer (try to interrupts insta lifetab-mofos), grapple immunity abuse... ect. and worst of all ZERGS, no matter how many hibs are in emain, we're almost outnumbered 2:1 within 30mins.

Diar

Fledgling Freddie
Ronso said:
I would also like to add that having Celtic Fist and La alone is not good enough - they are what seems the last bastion of really good players but I still think its not enough to top what other realms have atm and in the future - I know gray can hit me with statistics but I know the black company have torn emain a new arsehole in the last 2 weeks farming us and I didnt see them fall when LA and Cfs groups went out there ... and I also dont mean to undermine other guilds as I know the fallen order and others are starting to have a renewed serious impact in rvr but I still think we need more ... as I said - its imo so comment if u wish

thanks

you are totally right, but 9 out 10 from DH were nice ppl, and LA/CF don't do that well in RvR atm cuz they are getting steamrolled by BC, besides, the less known guilds are getting on their feet aswell, as I noticed alot of PvE* guilds getting RvR GG's together

I'll take a example of my own guild (it's not to good so don't really mind it :p) it's called Low Society, and lately there has been 1 set RvR grp that was RvRing 5 days a week at 19.00 GMT. They really killed alot of ppl in emain/odin's/hw, I mean, the average RP they got each night each was around 30-40k, and that's not bad for a non-known guild imho. Now they have a small break cuz all the ppl from the grp need a little break from the daily thing etc, and they do some PvP, get some ML's, stuff like that.

My point is, every guild, how small they may be, can accomplish a lot in RvR, they just need a good RvR grp setup and ppl that are wanting to play 4 evenings a week..

so LA/CF will have company in emain soon enough I hope :>

* with PvE I mean that they didn't have a steady GG for a few days a week, that you would see them more often doing PvE than RvR etc, nothing bad tho =]

Ronso

Can't get enough of FH
Shangrila said:
Because its incredible hard to beat good mid groups at the moment, 2-3 sojos, spec nukers rule badly atm, insane interrupts, the uber no-skill-2-button-noob class called Bonedancer (try to interrupts insta lifetab-mofos), grapple immunity abuse... ect. and worst of all ZERGS, no matter how many hibs are in emain, we're almost outnumbered 2:1 within 30mins.

I understand that completely but even though mids are over powered - they have been beaten before - and beaten sensless ...

and I hope you dont think that im saying cf or la are not capable because we all know they are ... all im saying is everyone seems to be feeling it atm :(
I think we should actually do something about it .. I dont see why we cant actually come up with something new - be it in the alliance or just in druim ligen but surely we can start running 2 fgs or have a more open chat group etc .. others are using battlegroups a lot so are we not using them effectivly or ? ... the point people seem to miss is although Hibernia may do ..ok... in the near future - I think that maybe we should actually try and do something more rather than just say ' yeah - we will own them ' or 'yeah we will be ok '

I dont know - I just have a few ideas in my head and I think that we wont do well the way we are going which is loads of random 1fgs going out and getting owned and the occasional 1 fg of cf or la having an ok run ...

Its not a whine..its a serious worry if you want to defend the realm the alliance leaders should consider some new tactics or plans for advancement - as before ..its only my point of view but talking about how we will do will not make us any better unless we want to actually work as realm mates and go own some ...

Ronso

Can't get enough of FH
Diar said:
you are totally right, but 9 out 10 from DH were nice ppl, and LA/CF don't do that well in RvR atm cuz they are getting steamrolled by BC, besides, the less known guilds are getting on their feet aswell, as I noticed alot of PvE* guilds getting RvR GG's together

I'll take a example of my own guild (it's not to good so don't really mind it :p) it's called Low Society, and lately there has been 1 set RvR grp that was RvRing 5 days a week at 19.00 GMT. They really killed alot of ppl in emain/odin's/hw, I mean, the average RP they got each night each was around 30-40k, and that's not bad for a non-known guild imho. Now they have a small break cuz all the ppl from the grp need a little break from the daily thing etc, and they do some PvP, get some ML's, stuff like that.

My point is, every guild, how small they may be, can accomplish a lot in RvR, they just need a good RvR grp setup and ppl that are wanting to play 4 evenings a week..

so LA/CF will have company in emain soon enough I hope :>

* with PvE I mean that they didn't have a steady GG for a few days a week, that you would see them more often doing PvE than RvR etc, nothing bad tho =]

They can accomplish a lot but what does it achieve? they got themselves a few rps ..But did they do enough to make a name for themselves - did they do enough for the mids to say 'beware ! theres a fg of xxx in odins atm ' like we did when BC came out .. and BC are good but remember there are better out there still...

I remember a few months ago when there wasa real sense of leadership over the cf as ..erm I think it was nolerdraic ( sorry if im wrong spelling or otherwise )

But he got people together and did raids ( organised quite a number over a short time ) Now although it was mainly like a giant zerg .. I dont see why the same cant be done for running 3 or 4 seperate 2fgs that spread over emain or soon NF ...

I just dont think people can go ahead and keep doing their own thing like some of the guilds currently anymore - time for the eleet to blend with the new and teach them the tricks of the trade and to have good runs and turn the avergae players into good players - its very hard for some players who dont know camelot players in rl and has to rely on what he learns .. whats he gonna learn if he gets steam rolled every run ? I really just think that if your in the alliance or any alliance that its time it was shocken up a bit - it doesnt have to be gray to do all the work - It can be anyone but we are going to get pharmed - Dont doubt it for a second .. its not a lack of faith..I have faith when we work as a realm or an alliance , but atm Im just looking at what I believe are the facts ...

Bring back the diabiens and the dons .. get some order back and demand people come to dl to do the run and believe me people will be there - the leaders of that run can say ' go this way or camp that while we take this etc'

its all old tricks but those old tricks have been forgotten in the toa mess ...

Ogri

Fledgling Freddie
I miss my in game friends, they're all leaving or left or nowhere to be found, and tbh, most of the time, I cba to make new ones.

vintervargen

Banned
understand that some ppl are drawn to daoc for the action in rvr, not to belong to a community and chat with other daoc players.

it doesn't apologize for rude behaviour tho, ofc.

Mysteriax

Fledgling Freddie
Raven said:
i was thinking about this at college this evening, yes i know i should be thinking about management accounts but it gets dull after a while.
I think the game really started to change for the worse was the advent of power level and the near death of old style exp groups, when i leveled my first toon, my hero i made so many friends on the way to 50, many i still speak to now, when i exped my ranger power level groups were starting proper (fins camped by enchanters and leaches) so i solo'd my way to 50. People see fins as a means to an end, they go there, spend 24 hours semi afk and leave, i doubt they can even remember the names of the other people in the group. cheap easy and faceless. now the real problem is that many of the old people never get to speak to the majority of the new people which leaves a gulf.
Old style exping wasnt just about smacking random mobs for hours it was about talking and having fun with new friends and faces, which i think every online game needs to survive and daoc has less of each day.

I agree with this. I am currently leveling my toon in Pryd albion for most of the time now because i can get fun groups. Groups where people talk, groups even with noobs. But its fun. Its fun to see newer players learn there char. Fun to talk and have a laugh in a group. Most groups where i have been in, in hibernia are fairly quiet and only concerned with xp. In albion where there are allot of more groups, its actualy fun.
Sad thing in Hiibyland is that well there are no groups either. none except fins.
Want a new level 50 better hope you have a 2nd account with fop druid or animist or your screwed.

For now I'll be in Prydwen Albion for most of the time untill finaly fop and animist will be royaly nerfed. Thank god for that, and there is a chance that we can get groups again and have some fun. I can always hope :(.

About the powergamers leaving, let them. I wont shed a tear.
The ammount of powerplayers is so low it wont hurt hibernia at all. Most powergamers dont even defend the keep or take them back because there to busy in emain farming. Its the casual players who get the keeps back.

ilaya

Can't get enough of FH
look.. what i'm saying is.. dont just think of it as.. omg hib has lost xxx or yyy! think about what those peeps have taught to other peeps. there is still a hell of a lot of good players in hibernia.. and loads more who didnt have nerve to start raids but still know their stuff. now.. peeps who didnt really think others would join them to do stuff may take a risk and actually do things.. you aint gonna know until u try are you? :) imo try.. its better than not having a go and regretting it later.

easiest example for me to state was my crazy.. right.. we'll take all alb keeps 1 day and mid the next tactic about a month ago. we got 6 alb keeps first night. was bloody good fun :) but the mid part was a total bluff to keep them wondering the next night whenever a guard got killed in their frontier.. and i do believe hib owned that night coz mids were kinda wondering if keeps were gonna be under attack all night...

now what suprised me wasnt the fact we got the alb keeps.. not at all.. but it was the fact so many peeps joined in to do it :) i mean.. i got rep for being somewhat of a loonie in game and on FH.. but u should take no notice of that really. i have played game for too bloody long to have not picked up a trick or 2.. when i REALLY wanna do summit.. by god i can get it done with help of good peeps.

and i bet there's lots of other hibs out there who could as well. the so called powergamers who have left passed on tactics to others.. and those peeps are just waiting to do stuff when it matters.

dont say hib is fooked coz some high rr dudes left.. would be wrong.. albs and mids have same problem.. its natural part of game, peeps move on. trick is to learn from them before they have moved on.. and i know LOADS of hibs who have.

and when u think about it.. thats advantage hib has.. we have constant stream of new leaders and stuff.. where as mids and albs just have same peeps over and over again.. so when they aint on nowt gets done.

anyhoo.. think about what we STILL have instead of what has been lost guys.. u may be suprised :)

Diar

Fledgling Freddie
hibs mentality (?) isn't right for that, as when I try to organize a keepraid for DF, and say it over /as, I'm lucky if I get 4-5 ppl, but when ie. Jokkee organizes one, or just says he has the cg/bg there are 30-40 ppl joining insta...

that's just a example ofc, but most hibs who have been around for a time, they don't join raids that ppl they don't know organize..there has also been 1 keepraid I organized where I got 12 (!!!) ppl, we took a unclaimed dun crauchon back, got DF, and the first I see in DF are the 50's that didn't wanna join the keepraid cuz they're not interested in DF......

hibs gotta change in some way aswell...

Tholus

Fledgling Freddie
Each player can play as he wants.
But I think a few of us can explore a different RvR model and tactic.

The one full group vs one full group isn't just the best choice in this moment.
Or is not the best for many hibs.
> becouse we lost most of the best teams in fg vs fg skill (DH, VGN, DO are dead/almost dead, LA and Rage are not performing at their top)
> becouse Mids are overpowered and have many top guilds around
> becouse Albs regulary zerg

Adapt or die imho.

I think the model for the future can be more the TD CF one. Big guilds able to adapt (even if both these guilds have and use good single full groups too)

I think this is what large guilds like CBH, DA or CLA are trying to achieve now.

In Draconis Alumni we cant count on very high rank people. But we have the numbers (we are the second largest guild of Hibernia atm). The only way we can have to compete and to teach less experienced RvRer how to play is _try_ to have well organized small battlegroups (2-3 fgs).

Is sometime frustrating, couse it happens a mid gank high RR group can wipe our little army. And that makes you feel a gimp.
But I don't see any other way to make people learn RvR, improve skill and RR, and grow in rps and be the defenders in the near future.

And I really believe if we learn how to be an effective, quick and skilled army we can perform well, expecially with NF inc.

Albs will always outnumber us, Mids will always gank us.... but we can defend with dignity.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom