hib rvr population drop?

Culanan

One of Freddy's beloved
I'm not on (since I'm in the process of moving country!), that's why it's dead in hib :p

5 weeks and 3 days to go arrrrrgh! (hugs DAOC cd's)

Lethul

FH is my second home
Danamyr said:
Yes, your radar does detect a twat - you! The fact I have 2 characters in my sig tells you nothing about my experiance with the game. You're just mouthing off because you don't like what I typed.

I've played DAoC on and off for 3 years now. I've played all 3 Realms, and have had a Lvl 50 Champion and Druid on Hib/Pryd - the Champion was deleted because I should have rolled a Hero (never listen to Guildies) and could never get a group in RVR, the Druid was sold. I currently have two Druids there. A Lvl 50 Regrowth/Nuture (RR5), and a Lvl 33 forthcoming Regrowth/Nature spec. I used to run with Severence, so I think I have enough experiance of the 1337 FG v FG scene. I've also got a Shar Ranger and a Luri NS in training, and have also played a Void Eldritch, a Mana Eldritch. In Midgard I've played a Healer, Shaman, Bezerker and Shadowblade.

So I guess I am saying STFU - you're haven't the first clue what I've done in the game. I am not a hardcore 1337 player, but then I have never claimed to be. I do put the effort into my characters though, and that counts for a lot IMHO.

I am not asking for a medal for playing a Necro in RVR, but a bit of respect for perservering with a frustratingly annoying Class wouldn't go amiss...Necros have got a terrible reputation for being PVE farmers, but mine isn't now, and she never will be.

I'll just conclude by adding that if I ever get her to RR5, I'll make sure to buy Ichor and NM, then hopefully the FGH/M that roll me constantly now when solo might just spam /bow or /salute for a decent 1 v FG then the /rude and /laugh I get at the moment...

wasnt severance 2fg tho? ;)

vintervargen

Banned
hib rvr has always (ever since i moved realm at least) consisted of

a) normal guilds making groups in odins, and occasionally going emain if theres alot of hibs there.

b) rvr guilds making mixed groups, going emain.

i've noticed mid and alb rvr guilds almost always did pure GGs, while rr/vgn/la/dh/baf etc. (i might have forgotten a few) have had a good time with non-GGs, even tho they existed as well of course.

as of now, the only old pure rvr guilds that are 'somewhat' active are llaw arian and random roleplayers, and by active that means 90% pve 10% rvr :p

there are a few new guilds tho, such as carpe cervisa and awaken, lets hope they will stay active and dedicated. not to forget, celticfist and terra dominus are also active in rvr, having experienced and high rr peeps.

but, the most important question (especially for NF!) is who will coordinate the keep rvr. with people like icebreaker and saadyst retired, things look bad (these guys and others should have a big thanks from hibernia for what they have done in the past, even tho many (myself included) didnt realise how big impact keep warfare really had).

oh and, about easymode, where did blizzard/atrocity/short stuff/jack herer go after savage/la nerf? ~~~~~

anyway Zoy, i dont think you will have to worry about hib rvr activity in NF, there will be lots of oppertunitys for you to test server stability ;)

theres also serious things to consider for the people that are dedicated to rvr - will having perfect setups and the 'must win'-spirit bring as much harm to NF as it did until now? or wont it matter in NF with the warmap and more keep-action? i don't know, but i hope someone do :)

Lethul

FH is my second home
vintervargen said:
oh and, about easymode, where did blizzard/atrocity/short stuff/jack herer go after savage/la nerf? ~~~~~

jack herer is back atleast ;)

Hestethun

Can't get enough of FH
many hibs are tired of the game I guess , and gorre been out a week now. And I also semi left the game so normal that ppl go in no rvr mode :p

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
rvr for a bit /as 6fg albs amg, do something else - pretty simple

Nuked

Fledgling Freddie
Gordonax said:
Nuked = pwned.

Danamyr > Nuked, any day of the week. And I don't just say because he's mah guildy :)

lol how exactly have i been pwned ... the only experience the guy has in rvr in hib is on a druid and a champion, the champion of which he didnt even rvr with because he didnt get any groups for obvious reasons, and he was claiming the only classes in hib which are hard to play in rvr is my bard .... what experience does he have in animist or eld or nightshade rvr? ... the correct answer for $2000 is none. so i can't exactly get pwned when the person doesnt have a clue about even playing 5 of the 7 classes in my sig :rolleyes: and as for the radar thing ... see above

as for perservering with a frustrating class, which class isnt frustrating at 1 time or another (apart from savage :p) no 1 told him to continue to play the class and in the end he will get mass respect for getting RR5, no class is hard to play in pve as mobs are predictable, for him to type his little fingers to the bone telling me what hib classes are hard to play and which are not when the only 2 you've managed to get to 50 are a druid and a champion is just slightly retarded if not meaningless.

Rulke

Can't get enough of FH
Lethul said:
jack herer is back atleast ;)
Its not JH without you :(

P.S If i was bored with RvR I would quit shortly before a massive RvR overhaul too, makes perfect sense.

Boni

Fledgling Freddie
vintervargen said:
but, the most important question (especially for NF!) is who will coordinate the keep rvr. with people like icebreaker and saadyst retired, things look bad (these guys and others should have a big thanks from hibernia for what they have done in the past, even tho many (myself included) didnt realise how big impact keep warfare really had).

my rr2 ranger will :eek7:

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
Icebreaker was on tonight, got abuse by some finsfifties and stopped leading the keep retake, which was a shame as him and dirtysniper (and a few others) were doing a good job.

As shown over the last few days, we can still defend our relics when we need to.

Divinia

One of Freddy's beloved
well, abit too many tend to not listen and ignore and dont give a fuck about other leaders opinions and orders.. thats why hibs suck atm. (in keep takes etc.)

ilaya

Can't get enough of FH
/laugh @ hilarious accusations that Nf is end of hibernia btw.. same albs playing the chars.. if you wanted to have taken relics u coulda done so long ago. but no.. too busy making maps of emain aparently.

maybes the numbers in hib are dropping coz good groups of hibs are finding game easy versus shitty played albs and mids?...

Culanan

One of Freddy's beloved
ilaya said:
/laugh @ hilarious accusations that Nf is end of hibernia btw.. same albs playing the chars.. if you wanted to have taken relics u coulda done so long ago. but no.. too busy making maps of emain aparently.

maybes the numbers in hib are dropping coz good groups of hibs are finding game easy versus shitty played albs and mids?...

Albs are getting tougher, a combination of realising workable specs and dedication.

Slag them off all you like but some of todays alb grps are far better than the ones of yesteryear ;)

Gordonax

Fledgling Freddie
Nuked said:
lol how exactly have i been pwned ...

You're pwned for two reasons:

1. You assumed <i>simply on the basis of him playing a necro</i> that he knew nothing about RvR from any angle, and was some totaly noob. WRONG!
2. Because I've managed to wind you up enough to write yet another two (long winded) paragraph reply.

Nuked, half the time I enjoy your comments. However, on this occasion, you jumped in with both feet first and messed up.

Drav

Loyal Freddie
Raven said:
As shown over the last few days, we can still defend our relics when we need to.

I hardly call albs rr failure due to crappy server mass link deaths "relic defence" if you think so then you have my pity, if it takes a server crash or mass spree of link death to save your relics Hib must be in a sorry state of affairs... and to be proud of it makes it even worse tbh....

Oh well flame away.

Not gonna comment on Mids attempt tonight, pretty much cos as an Alb I couldnt careless, if mids had of dumped it in our laps woulda felt it wouldve been a piss take on the mids part out of both Albion and Hibernia.

But ya gotta admit, that nasty lag spike thats been going past couple of weeks seems to have been cured.... so guess our prayers got thru to the opentransit God just in time for mid rr.... ofc opentransit play Mid ;)

Gordonax

Fledgling Freddie
Oh, and Number 3:

Nuked said:
Ultimatum Realm Rank 4 Druid
Vikos Realm Rank 3 Champion

One assumes that you'll be abandoning these "retarded, meaningless" characters soon, yes?

Nuked

Fledgling Freddie
Gordonax said:
You're pwned for two reasons:

1. You assumed <i>simply on the basis of him playing a necro</i> that he knew nothing about RvR from any angle, and was some totaly noob. WRONG!
2. Because I've managed to wind you up enough to write yet another two (long winded) paragraph reply.

Nuked, half the time I enjoy your comments. However, on this occasion, you jumped in with both feet first and messed up.

lol.

1) feel free to quote me where i seem to think this guy is a noob because he plays a necro ... if you mean ..

Nuked said:
the fact that you rvr with a necro says it all.

ofcourse necro is hard in rvr since it's not built in the slightest for that reason and it's not a class you can be particually skilled in, it's like being skilled in focus pulling, or using taunt style, or setting your pet on attack then pressing release at the right moment, .... prove me wrong.

i think he's a noob because he seems to think the only hib class that is hard to play is bard, when infact all he has actually used in hib rvr is a druid, so really he is in no position to talk about which class is and isnt hard :rolleyes:

2) just because i reply to a post which is there to be replied too, doesnt mean i've been "wound up" as you put it, the post took tops 3 minutes to type, no great loss of time.

3) to your previous post, go to #celticfist type !info ultimatum and !info vikos and see last weeks rps and tell me if you think i've used them in rvr recently.

AMAGAD AMAGAD TAHT MUST MEEN I PWNED UOU!!!11 :rolleyes:

Dracus

Fledgling Freddie
<ducks to avoid the toys being thrown outta prams>

This is funneh :)

/Dracus

Gordonax

Fledgling Freddie
Nuked said:
OAP night? :p

More like a "I can blag my way into this because I have been sitting drinking champagne and getting wrecked with all the DJs" night :)

And don't you just lurve those? :)

Sabu

Fledgling Freddie
Glottis said:
Actually, I'm very right.
Download statistics published by the maker of one of the more populair cheat programmes showed that on Excal a lot more Hib used his tool than Mids (Albs the least, but that figures).
Reality is a bitch, specially when it bites you in the butt..
Regards, Glottis :m00:

So an unknown guy who made a cheat (very trustable person) says that 20%, 30% , 35%, etc use radar, so u better use his program too, and you believe that?

I cant talk about sths world but if im not wrong radar doesnt works with sth, but in non sth groups i would 90% know if driver and 95% if another guy in group is using radar, and not only me, a lot of people who hates cheats would notice it if they not blind.

So i preffer to believe what my eyes are seeing than the things that the cheater-maker says.

Maybe there are cheaters in exc,but saying that 1 realm is going to lose his population cause the anti radar mesures is really stupid and deserves a good laugh.

Aloca

Fledgling Freddie
Sabu said:
So an unknown guy who made a cheat (very trustable person) says that 20%, 30% , 35%, etc use radar, so u better use his program too, and you believe that?

I cant talk about sths world but if im not wrong radar doesnt works with sth, but in non sth groups i would 90% know if driver and 95% if another guy in group is using radar, and not only me, a lot of people who hates cheats would notice it if they not blind.

So i preffer to believe what my eyes are seeing than the things that the cheater-maker says.

Maybe there are cheaters in exc,but saying that 1 realm is going to lose his population cause the anti radar mesures is really stupid and deserves a good laugh.
Im quite sure you only notice about 10% of the radar users in your grp. It is quite easy to hide. As primary mezzer you can use radar for a early warning system so you are prepared when enemy enter clip range. or if you lead the grp you can always make a small turn to just pass enemy on side.

Sabu

Fledgling Freddie
Aloca said:
Im quite sure you only notice about 10% of the radar users in your grp. It is quite easy to hide. As primary mezzer you can use radar for a early warning system so you are prepared when enemy enter clip range. or if you lead the grp you can always make a small turn to just pass enemy on side.

If you only use it for warning system the advantage of it is minimum; if u are not a good mezzer that will no change too much.
If you do strange turns when enemy is even not in clip range or entering it old players in group who pan and are awake should notice it.

Gordonax

Fledgling Freddie
Sabu said:

No, I think you're reading it wrong. It's not that 41% of Hibs are using that particular cheat, it's that 41% of the people who downloaded it on Excal are Hibs. If 100 people on Excal have downloaded that program, then that would just be 41 cheats in Hib.

Phule_Gubben

Fledgling Freddie
All i can say is that the hib stealther population isn't away on a testrun on Gorre. Or maybe some of them were, ran into a friggin ubahcheater that did the "dragwindow" stuff. had pet on him and pet teleported all over the friggin place for 5 minutes and all of a sudden the cheater was back safe at htk.

Next time little cheater, sit down calmly and await your death instead. You know who u are.

ohh and btw. we got owned in the end. outnumbered by stealthers. :p

Phule_Gubben

Fledgling Freddie
Rulke said:
I thought they fixed window dragging

well u can't actually use the old way of dragwindow but there's a new way to do it. I'm sure everyone have used it thou not in rvr to lagg away from an opponent.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom