Cdr

One of Freddy's beloved
YO!

Sup wit j00?

I liek been on teh raddest bus eva!

Clown

Part of the furniture
:rolleyes:

Hold tight, it's gonna be a bumpy ride!!

Cdr

One of Freddy's beloved
Hello mank,

How are you today?

I hope you are well.

Yours,

Cdr.

Cyfr

Banned
I have the badger on the right hand side, its a puppet :)

mank!

Part of the furniture
leggy said:
Everyone has turned spastic :/

It's always been just bubbling under, these desperate times have simply made it come to the surface.

Sigurd

Banned
I want teh speshul name "Reformed Psychopath" everyone eelse has custom titles!!1 (My mummy said I'm speshul)

~Yuckfou~

Lovely person
Sigurd said:
I want teh speshul name "Reformed Psychopath" everyone eelse has custom titles!!1 (My mummy said I'm speshul)

Pay money, in your user options.

Sigurd

Banned
Hmm.. there's that many people willing to pay £10 to have a few words under their name?

dysfunction

FH is my second home
Sigurd said:
Hmm.. there's that many people willing to pay £10 to have a few words under their name?

Ummm....yes?

And its not just about having a few words under your name.
Its about supporting the forums...and the hard work Deebs and the others put into this place.

throdgrain

FH is my second home
The absolute joke is that some of the same people didnt pay for the Barrysworld (gamenet) servers, hence helping to ensure the demise of BW.
I for one paid for the servers, but doubt if Ill pay just for the privalige of posting on here, not yet anyway :(

]AC[dRuM

Fledgling Freddie
The absolute joke is that some of the same people didnt pay for the Barrysworld (gamenet) servers, hence helping to ensure the demise of BW.

I don't want this to evolve into any kind of a flame.. ;) But that is a fantastic point! The same thing's were posted on the BYMPG forum in the fortnight run up to it's final cull.

You either support the very thing you and your mates suckle from, or it just goes to pot. The problem is trying to get people to see the benefits of actually supporting their GSP, with the correct attitude and words from the right people fed down to the masses it can work. It would be such a shame to see history repeat itself, we need a change in attitudes towards the right type of promotion across the board in as many areas as possible IRC, Mail / Web and in game.

Please note I haven't hijacked this thread, I just agree very strongly with what TG has said, I have been trying to say things like this for a long, long time. But noone wants to listen *shrugs* :(

I paid a tenner in the hope it may go to some good use, not just on beer and loose women ;)..lol :cheers:

Cdr

One of Freddy's beloved
So I guess you subscribed to both BY and Game.net?

]AC[dRuM

Fledgling Freddie
I've payed my way since day one.. mostly with clans as a group payment.

Besides it doesn't matter wether I did or not, although it would add weight to my case. (but for the record I did)

You know I am right. So please get off my case, your starting to get on my tits.

[/end Cdr troll]

mank!

Part of the furniture
throdgrain said:
I for one paid for the servers, but doubt if Ill pay just for the privalige of posting on here, not yet anyway :(

True. I miss Barry.

Cdr

One of Freddy's beloved
]AC[dRuM said:
I've payed my way since day one.. mostly with clans as a group payment.

Besides it doesn't matter wether I did or not, although it would add weight to my case. (but for the record I did)

You know I am right. So please get off my case, your starting to get on my tits.

[/end Cdr troll]

Far from trolling, if thats the way you took it, then it's in your head.

It was a simple question.

It doesn't take a genius to work out if people subb'd then GSP's could sustain themselves. But you're not going to change attitudes by simply posting the same tripe over and over again. There's always going to be 'freeloaders' thats the way life is, and while there are free servers out there a sub-GSP isn't going to work.

We can discuss this till the cows come home, but it isn't going to change anything is it?

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
It may make him feel better though Mr Pond.

I prefered Throddys few words than the highlighted ramblings though. NOt trying to troll Drum, but Cdr is right, stop preaching at us and just post.

]AC[dRuM

Fledgling Freddie
..agree we could, but I have sort of resolved myself to the fact that people who class themselves as above par when it comes to the online UK scene do nothing to help.

As I said in he very beginning its all about attitudes, if the boys at the top filter through the right attitude then you have a better shot at selling something to someone. Thing is, if everything comes under the scrutiny of the l33t posse and n00bs are not encouraged, then who in he hell are you going to sell too?

We could argue these issue all day, as said, but I will always stand by the fact that the mad, bad attitudes of the few, are completely non beneficial to any type of business model online. Your noobs and average players are your market, they make up the lions share of players, you should cater for them, not the l33t few. The l33t few should be encouraging noobies not carrying on like they don't give a shit hate spam etc etc ..

Example I'm a total noobie, I'm 15 my brother is 17 , Daddy is a rich git and is able to pay for a server, I join the forum, post about something funny i have seen (teen mentality, new to net) and all I get is people telling me to |=00|< 0|=|= and I'm pulling a glen, end result lost trade. Glen, l33t doesn't matter, if your in the market to sell something to someone, you have to appeal to the very people you want to sell to. (fact)

But apparently pulling a Glen as stated by the top man is ok... Still its up to them eh, its not my money their throwing about, well only £10.00 anyway :D

It is a pointless argument tbh, I know I am right, thing is can the people who encourage these types of behavior that actually stunts any chance of a good productive selling environment admit they are wrong? No they can't and never will. Wireplay, Barrysworld, Blueyonder it doesn't matter, these same bad attitudes towards the correct promotion of products utilising every available media at your disposal to sell things, is endemic and is encouraged by the few I am afraid. For th record if I had £500,000 to invest somewhere I would kick you right in the bollocks for not making sure your l33t buddies were telling people how great my product was.. and welcoming noobs who are gonna help me get a return on my money..

but....

Such is life, unless changes are made from he top down regarding attitudes, then yeah everything is doomed to fail, IMO.

Not forgetting the market is clearly evolving into a console market now, the BW,WP, & BY's had their day, it was fun and I am glad to have been a part of all three, but don't for one minute ever think I will swallow the excuses peddled for so long about it being the suits fault, I'm sorry I won't. I just hope if Pipex does angle for promoters and either WP or FH does get a shot as selling connections to their servers (???) if they want to make a clean start, then both should look at what went on before and radically change their marketing strategy and attitudes (especially with staff and their buddies) I really hope they can because if they don't history will repeat itself.

If the above isn't as clear a picture for you too see what I am getting at, then short of flow charts there is nothing else to say, I am too old to be arguing anymore... I wish you well..goodnight :)

..anyway I'm going out to get drunk... :D

Gumbo

FH is my second home
But we're not selling anything here you fuck.

Why don't you take your attitude and your irrelevant arguments to a forum which cares about what you have to say.

This particular forum is not here to encourage anyone into gaming, it's here to talk about stuff. Your posts may have made a little sense when this community was tied to a GSP, but it isn't anymore.

I've bitten my tongue long enough reading your drivel, but I've had enough now.

NO-ONE CARES ABOUT YOUR ARGUMENTS, ARE YOU THAT MUCH OF AN IGNORANT TWAT THAT YOU CAN'T SEE THAT?

I'm pretty sure this'll get modded down, but Will has known me for a long time now and knows I am not easily wound up. hopefully that may count in my favour.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom