Here we go again: WHINE!

Basic_X

Fledgling Freddie
yea..been trying to freeking level 48-50 now for 7 days now, due to my none toa situation i cant see people who are running toa clients LFG sign...so im mostly alone....that sux hard for a aug shaman..then i try the luck in moderna...as it was still a little hope for me to get to 50...
but nooo way..after letting me w8 for 5 hours...just to let me join ,kick and replace me after a minutte, due to that i dont had FoP..i mean...wtf is happening? how the >< am i going to level at all if there aint freeking groups about?
solo? ha..maybe if i was a cavie...even that to solo 48 - 50 would be a pain in the arse...it was bad enough when lair turned from been a "all class level center" to a healer/shaman/SM only PL center...but as seer classes "must" have FoP (even before lvl 50) just to get a fucking xp grp is what i would say insane.

yea...im whining...and im QQing irl right now ( :worthy: )....it aint GOA who are killing the game...its the players :(

no...i aint freeking going to pay some farmer to PL me :(

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
get toa, its only a few £/euros now, you will find it even harder at 50 w/o master levels and artifacts sadly

Whisperess

Can't get enough of FH
Darkness Falls, get into diamond seal groups if any exist still.

Or, and this is a long shot, how about asking your guild if anyone else is in the same level range and *gasp* form a group with them?

Xplo

Banned
buy toa and you should be level 50 by the time you are ml10 and have most artis :)

Basic_X

Fledgling Freddie
Whisperess said:

Or, and this is a long shot, how about asking your guild if anyone else is in the same level range and *gasp* form a group with them?

well...could work..but duh , im in FoM....every time i ask if someone want to make a grp none answeres...but as soon as someone asks for help to a artifact...or a ML raid..then they on it at once

and Raven..i would love to...if there wasnt for 2 reasons: 1 the locals stores have stopped to sell the shit, 2: i dont got a visa card (i would order one ...if i had a income ^^)

Helme

Resident Freddy
Have same problem, been stuck to 48 bout 2 weeks if not more best tip to you is to get ToA and join lots of ML5 groupstep raids, if you cant get into an existing one make one yourself. I got 6 bubbs on 48 by doing 2 groupstep raids :)

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
there you go :) 48 shammie and 48 RM, the perfect partnership :D

Tiztla

Fledgling Freddie
Basic_X said:
well...could work..but duh , im in FoM....every time i ask if someone want to make a grp none answeres...but as soon as someone asks for help to a artifact...or a ML raid..then they on it at once

and Raven..i would love to...if there wasnt for 2 reasons: 1 the locals stores have stopped to sell the shit, 2: i dont got a visa card (i would order one ...if i had a income ^^)

well order a game and get it out on nearest postoffice, worked fine for me

Tilda

Ask one of the local stores to order toa in for you specially?
Find a friend with a CC and send them cash in exchange for it?

Tilda

Renwind

One of Freddy's beloved
ask if there is some1 who wanna do quests ? u can do ancestral secrets, give good exp imo, 1 bub first time, then like 0.25-0.3 bubs/time after that and many ppl use that neckie in templates etc

old.Whoodoo

Can't get enough of FH
As most people are TOAing like mad its hard for anyone not to say "get ToA". Once you hit 50, with ToA gear your going to be little more than a buff bot on the battlefield, sorry, but its a fact of the game, not just opinion.

Surely someone in your guild (one of the largest around!!) could help you out?

Perhaps a freindly Moderna PLer could spot you the last stages of your leveling. Or you could ask on here rather than announcing your intention to whine for others to help you. Perhaps offer whatever you can spare for help?

The SI quests wont get you far, probably 2 bubs at 49 if you are lucky.

Also, post you char names in your sig, maybe someone sympathetic will PM you in game.

Good luck anyway m8.

Leel

Fledgling Freddie
It's pointless pl'ing from 48-50 as you still will have no arties or ml's. There's not much to do in the old world nowadays. Without toa, there isn't much action tbh.
If you somehow get to 50, then you will wonder why you get no groups now that you're 50, but the answer is simple. No toa=no desirability.

Kalba

Can't get enough of FH
What it comes to soloing as shaman, non toa mobs go down pretty fast.

I did lots of soloing when I leveled up, dot, bolt, DD, dot, melee and so on ;)

with MCL and power pots you dont have almost any downtime at all.

And have you tried doin epics? that's how in old times ppl got the few last bubs...

Coldbeard

Part of the furniture
Whisperess said:

I remember when I lvled 47-50 with my warr there were always many dia farming grps going that provided great exp , but dia grps seems to have disappeared now cuz of ToA , people farm ML and get items they sell for 10+ plats instead of farming dias anymore :(

Dorin

Fledgling Freddie
si quests + epic quest give about 5 bubs of xp at 48 :) <or maybe even more, was ages ago when i wasted time with them oO>

Sanzor

Fledgling Freddie
I could bug you ingame once in a while..when i got time :-P Can always use some friendly buffs and heals when im xping artifacts. And there is loads of places to do that in both classic and SI. :)

Basic_X

Fledgling Freddie
Lothandar said:
Toa is a minimum, if you cba to buy it, don't whine...

Another one of the "toa whores" ? :p

well......i was lucky and borrowed a friends SM so im soon finish...kinda.....but still i would say that in moderna is FoP more like a "bonus" then a "must"...people was Pling in Moderna and Lair long before ToA came along and had it perfectly fine...

manny positive things were introdused to the game when toa came...but alot changed (duh..never heard that before have we? :p )
I mean...how about the people that under no cicumstanses have the chance to get toa?
I feel as its more like "Ha..you dont got toa..we dont even want you in the grp" thing....at lvl 44 i was asked if i had FoP, at a random grp in dodens (is there possible for a 44 to get to ml5?...doubt it), and no..i did not get into the random grp "sorry, we need fop" (my big bad stone arse tbh)
just dont feels right tbh......but if its this way the game is going...wounder how manny that continue to play after NF....where ToA is more and more a must...even to get into random grps

im so ready for a english server that dont have ToA and SI.....just like the good old days :worthy:

Urme the Legend

Fledgling Freddie
Not impossible for a lvl 44 shaman to have FoP.. but to expect a lvl 44 shaman to be ML5 is a bit optimistic...

And yes TOA is necessary to have today I'm afraid, ML's, Artifacts, exp etc.. most of it is done in TOA if you don't count Modernagrav and DF.

If you pay for Daoc each month I'm sure you can afford to buy the expansion to.. check out www.webhallen.com.

Xandax

Loyal Freddie
Basic_X said:
<snip>
I feel as its more like "Ha..you dont got toa..we dont even want you in the grp" thing....at lvl 44 i was asked if i had FoP, at a random grp in dodens (is there possible for a 44 to get to ml5?...doubt it), and no..i did not get into the random grp "sorry, we need fop" (my big bad stone arse tbh)<snip>

It is a problem in my opinnion.
Many people forget very fast that it is indeed possible to do stuff withouth having the "optimal perfect" group. It just takes a little longer.
We have exp.ed to 50 in Spindelhalla and Lair withouth end.regen and pb-aoe and all the ToA stuff. We have exp.ed with end. regen and pb-aoe withouth FoP and what not.
Now suddenly this is a thing of the past in a vast majority of groups.

Problem is that people what everything and they want it yesteday.
So there is not many interested in doing task X in time Y if they could do it in Y/2 with an optimal perfect group.
That is a problem in my opinnion because it can cause friction within guilds/groups and the realm as whole, and that is not a good thing.
This can also cause a segment of players to feel useless and unwanted, either because they have a non "optimal" class that aren't wanted in groups.

old.Whoodoo

Can't get enough of FH
Urme the Legend said:
Not impossible for a lvl 44 shaman to have FoP.. but to expect a lvl 44 shaman to be ML5 is a bit optimistic...

And yes TOA is necessary to have today I'm afraid, ML's, Artifacts, exp etc.. most of it is done in TOA if you don't count Modernagrav and DF.

If you pay for Daoc each month I'm sure you can afford to buy the expansion to.. check out www.webhallen.com.
forgive me if I am wrong, but isnt there a level 45 limit on ML3+?

Chronictank

FH is my second home
Im getting there
Chronicpain - lvl 43 shaman
Encounter level: ML7
Current Master level: ML3
:p MLXP is a bas***d when u miss training on a ml :(
nerf u all who cant find the ml 2 dungeon!!

Klonk

One of Freddy's beloved
Buy toa :p

Ofc you _can_ xp in spindelhalla with a rc RM + aug healer, or some other setup, but I think most ppl who have played this game for some time want things like xp-ing to happen as fast as possible. Yes, my old warrior Klonk leveled from 43 to 50 in lair without fop, hell - even without cc, one drakulv each. It worked, but then someone found out that if we mezzed all 4 drakulvs on incoming, one designated mezz breaker could break mezz on one at a time, thus allowing us to kill faster. But still no fop. Then someone found out that maybe SMs in group, combined with a out-of-group pac healer with AE stun, was the way to go. Still no fop, and thus some downtime due to power rests. Then fop came, and xp went even faster.

So yes, you could go to lair and do it like we did two years ago, but it will be a lot slower and less efficient than if you did it with SMs and fop. This is different in rvr tho, in pve, those drakulvs you would find at lair are the same drakulvs that were around two years ago, with the same primitive AI patterns. In rvr, you are not facing the same players as two years ago, you are facing players with MLs and artifacts and toa'ed SC templates. So in rvr - toa is not an option to make routine stuff go faster, as it is in pve, toa is a must for rvr. Like it or not..

Lothandar

Fledgling Freddie
Basic_X said:
Another one of the "toa whores" ?

Not going to read your post as after this "trying-to-degrade-the-toa-whores" I don't feel the need to waste my time on it.

Seriously, you think people who fully toa their character(s), grind for a month or 2 to ml and arti their characters up, are toa whores and on the other hand the ones who don't want to buy the expansion are the "nice bunch"?

Well, they're not, and be careful with degrading people, it doesn't make you look nicer.

Urme the Legend

Fledgling Freddie
Klonk said:
Yes, my old warrior Klonk leveled from 43 to 50 in lair without fop, hell - even without cc, one drakulv each. It worked, but then someone found out that if we mezzed all 4 drakulvs on incoming, one designated mezz breaker could break mezz on one at a time, thus allowing us to kill faster. But still no fop. Then someone found out that maybe SMs in group, combined with a out-of-group pac healer with AE stun, was the way to go. Still no fop, and thus some downtime due to power rests. Then fop came, and xp went even faster.

Actually there was no end-regen at that time either, and SM's didn't have pbaoe until later :) When I leveled in lair with my Warrior from 43-50 I never saw a SM there :)

Basic_X

Fledgling Freddie
Lothandar said:
Seriously, you think people who fully toa their character(s), grind for a month or 2 to ml and arti their characters up, are toa whores and on the other hand the ones who don't want to buy the expansion are the "nice bunch"?

Well, they're not, and be careful with degrading people, it doesn't make you look nicer.

Hell why should i degrade people with toa? most of em are a nice bunch of people, and i understand that people wants to use time and money to get their charracters better (i would do it myself if i was them) its just the attitude that some people are showing to the minority that dont have toa

and i am not saying that none toa people are "better" then those with ML's 'n artifacts, im just saying that the attitude of SOME of em could be sligthly better?

Klonk

One of Freddy's beloved
Urme the Legend said:
Actually there was no end-regen at that time either, and SM's didn't have pbaoe until later :) When I leveled in lair with my Warrior from 43-50 I never saw a SM there :)

That was what I meant ;) The chain of events I described didn't take place the same day :p My first time in lair (with Klonk) was around xmas 2002, my second time (with Smerte) was may 2003 (no SMs then either).

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom