Hearthstone

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
Ok, some of these new cards are fucking sickening :p and the new Inspire effect is quite fun.

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
Some of the ones that stick out so far.

635731992663213811.png

635731897189095217.png

635731900520706981.png

635731910081521959.png

635731987217124004.png

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Inspire looks like fun, some new stuff for sure, but nothing really gamebreaking. It's going to bolster some netdecks even more though.

Biggest problem is the "you get random packs from arena rewards".

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
2 new cards, first one is broken as fuck for Jaraxxus use :p

635732388927030870.png

635732389365846371.png

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
It's looking like a token generation expansion. I'm both not ok with that and ok with that :p

Oh, nasty, 2 maidens to lower cost to 0, then coldarra drake. Did not think about that bullcrap. Hunters and mages especially can wincondition it.

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
It's looking like a token generation expansion. I'm both not ok with that and ok with that :p

Oh, nasty, 2 maidens to lower cost to 0, then coldarra drake. Did not think about that bullcrap. Hunters and mages especially can wincondition it.

You can't lower the cost to 0, it sets the cost to 1, having another maiden still sets it to 1 :p

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Ah yeah, right. Well, kind of a useless card then. Have to see what other cards bring and probably for an inspire deck.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
WAs just about to say that a shadowform priest will wreck this expansion(not that some moronic youtube celeb won't claim it as their own).

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
new combo though :p

Justicar
Prophet Velen
Auchenai Soulpriest

= Pew pew 8 damage hero power you can aim

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
new combo though :p

Justicar
Prophet Velen
Auchenai Soulpriest

= Pew pew 8 damage hero power you can aim

At 1 mana and with another card unlimited uses.

Even the power upgrade and shadowform is deadly enough, shadowform is superior to hunter in every way.

Haven't seen much, but druid seems to be it's usual solid deck still. It's always been. It's the sophisticated players deck :p

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Cool, more deal damage battlecries. Those are rather good i've noticed. I also like the "buffed versions" of old minions, like a 3/5 heal +atk.

Not sure about adding yet more of the rng wingame cards like fizzlebang. With that set you can drop it on 10 and cast 4 cards for free, not to mention all other manner of rng bull.

Although people don't know how to play lower cost cards anyway, they usually play them way too eagerly.

Also interesting how they add combinations for taunt decks, like a nod towards "Yeah we know netdecks suck ass" :p

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
I can see this going in a buff priest deck, that 8 life is huge for doubling/inner firing :p

635733926567888249.png

Last edited:

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
Interesting @old.Tohtori

• New Mechanic: Joust! Both players reveal a minion card in their deck. If the player who used a minion with a Joust effect reveals a card that costs more mana to play, that player wins the Joust and the effect will fire.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
He threw a grump and left. Too toxic.

Gups

One of Freddy's beloved
I'm a hearthstoner #2913

How do you guys fair in ranked play?

old.Osy

No longer scrounging, still a bastard.
Depends on month's flavour and whether I choose to run with it or not :)

I dabble from 18 through 14.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
I'm a hearthstoner #2913

How do you guys fair in ranked play?
I get bummed around 15 generally. Don't play a massive amount and only play a single character (too cheap to spend on it and cba reading) but I enjoy it when I do.

Gups

One of Freddy's beloved
I'm a bit of an addict drop in and out then leave for months. Play Mage / paladin. Never spent any money. You can gain cards very quickly by just doing daily quests and dusting double cards or even just shit cards.

I have quite a few epic cards and if I could give any advice don't dust any epic hard without checking hearthpwn first as you never know you might suddenly need that card and to make is 1600 and you only get 400 back!!

If you can get past 4 wins in arena then play that. Cycle your quests to get a high reward and if it's not a clas you play just complete it on the tavern brawl.

I am at 9 this season but hard with all face hunters and I hate combo Druids!

Add me if you want to get the watch a friend reward quest although no guarantee I will win :)

Embattle

FH is my second home
Having just had another poke at this I can't say that playing other people seems to turn out well, ok I know I don't do much to setup my decks etc etc but I keep feeling like I'm coming up against players who seem to have many cards etc I've not seen even though we are the same level etc it all seems very odd.

Embattle

FH is my second home
I'm going to hazard a guess it is people paying lots of money for card packs.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
I'm going to hazard a guess it is people paying lots of money for card packs.
Dunno. I think you just have to be an uber nerd to get good. But yep - it does happen.

It's a ballache at the mo because logons and matchmaking aren't working very well - looks like blizzard hasn't enough server space.

Adari

Part of the furniture
I just started this and am very much enjoying it, using the basic deck from icy-veins.com for warlock and trying to replace some cards after getting a few packs.

Gups

One of Freddy's beloved
I have never spent any money on this... I can easliy get rank 8 and make most decks. you just got to complete the dailies and have good return in the area.

Adari

Part of the furniture
Look at icy-veins.com for a few good starter decks with just basic cards. I got to rank 20 easily with them and then I needed to include some other cards. I did buy some packs, it helped a bit due to having more cards to dust and craft new ones afterwards. dont think people are spending *lots* of money though. I spent about 15 euro and got to rank 15 (and will hopefully continue to gain ranks). Well worth the money for the amount of time I put into it and how enjoyable it is (it helps that my colleagues play it too and we theorycraft at lunch)

Gups

One of Freddy's beloved
Look at icy-veins.com for a few good starter decks with just basic cards. I got to rank 20 easily with them and then I needed to include some other cards. I did buy some packs, it helped a bit due to having more cards to dust and craft new ones afterwards. dont think people are spending *lots* of money though. I spent about 15 euro and got to rank 15 (and will hopefully continue to gain ranks). Well worth the money for the amount of time I put into it and how enjoyable it is (it helps that my colleagues play it too and we theorycraft at lunch)
Hearthpwn is good good also they have a new app that scans your hearthstone client pulls all your cards in and then when you view other people's decks it says if you can make the deck or how much it would cost to make it.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Angry at the P2W thing. There's certain cards (that are pretty much essential if you're going to do OK) that you can't craft and that you have to pay for the solo adventures through :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom