Healer Quick Bar help

Cadelin

Resident Freddy
I have been playing a Pac healer alot since NF arrived. I have worked him up from thid and am about to enter leirick after my final keep take in molvik! Unfortunately I am finding that my quick bar needs to be about double the size at least to fit all the things I think I need in. What is worse is that I have 3 more instants still to get! My final spec withh be 44pac/30 mend and currently I am 35 pac rest mend at lvl 40. I will also need more space when I eventually start getting ML...

So first question is can I make a macro that switches to another qb? I find that trying to switch qb while pushing another button (like an arrow key) stops me from doing it and I have to use the mouse which is generally busy trying to target some random alb to mezz.

Also are the aoe mezz and stun noticably worse than the single in rvr. I realise that they last less time but do they get resisted more or anything? Is it wise keeping my single person mezz/stun on my main qb for RvR? Certainly in the current bgs I often find myself fighting with 3 or 4 others vs half a group of albs/hibs and it might be worth the single person mezz.

My current qb is along the lines of:
1 /macro FACE /face
2 aoe mezz
3 single person stun
4 aoe stun
5 insta stun
6 cure mezz
7 biggest single person heal
8 group heal
9 single person instant heal
0 sprint!!!!!!

It seems to work well but I don't have room for my insta mezz or any single person mezzes which I often want to use when I see those darn archers. Any advice? Also any advice on what I should spend my arpeees on? I don't really want to get purge until after I have finished leveling as it isn't very useful PvE.

Funkybunny

Banned
Cadelin said:
I have been playing a Pac healer alot since NF arrived. I have worked him up from thid and am about to enter leirick after my final keep take in molvik! Unfortunately I am finding that my quick bar needs to be about double the size at least to fit all the things I think I need in. What is worse is that I have 3 more instants still to get! My final spec withh be 44pac/30 mend and currently I am 35 pac rest mend at lvl 40. I will also need more space when I eventually start getting ML...

So first question is can I make a macro that switches to another qb? I find that trying to switch qb while pushing another button (like an arrow key) stops me from doing it and I have to use the mouse which is generally busy trying to target some random alb to mezz.

Also are the aoe mezz and stun noticably worse than the single in rvr. I realise that they last less time but do they get resisted more or anything? Is it wise keeping my single person mezz/stun on my main qb for RvR? Certainly in the current bgs I often find myself fighting with 3 or 4 others vs half a group of albs/hibs and it might be worth the single person mezz.

My current qb is along the lines of:
1 /macro FACE /face
2 aoe mezz
3 single person stun
4 aoe stun
5 insta stun
6 cure mezz
7 biggest single person heal
8 group heal
9 single person instant heal
0 sprint!!!!!!

It seems to work well but I don't have room for my insta mezz or any single person mezzes which I often want to use when I see those darn archers. Any advice? Also any advice on what I should spend my arpeees on? I don't really want to get purge until after I have finished leveling as it isn't very useful PvE.
use keyboard setup for face and sprint.. my sprint is F and its very easy to just hit in... when it comes to the things ya need the most, set it up through qbind.. if ya put strafe-toggle on cpslock you can remove strafebuttons and use those 2 for /qbind keys like insta mezz and single mezz.

since you are lvl40 you can get DI (divine intervension) wich is the most uber ra ever :)))

bashir

Fledgling Freddie
agreed, bind face , stick and sprint on keys.
for me, its space for face, backspace for stick and f3 (=middlemousebutton for me too) for sprint

frees up some room isnt it?

Glyph

Fledgling Freddie
And bind the most used spells while you're at it, like spreadheal and ae mezz, depends on spec ofc.

And you need to figure out your own QB tbh, thats the best way to learn how to play with it. Tweaked mine often, using 3 QBs actively, and a 4th for buffs

Cadelin

Resident Freddy
Thankyou, I will dig up my manual and figure out how to bind all that stuff. My main is a warrior and even with ML8 as a battlemaster you can fit it all in one bar fairly easily. I do intend to figure out my own qb it was the fact I was so out of space and not really aware what I could bind to keyboard that I asked on the forum.

haarewin

Fledgling Freddie
start getting used to having multiple qbars too. healers, bards, and a couple of other classes are practically unplayable without using a lot of qbars ;)

Tuppe

Fledgling Freddie
had something like this, 1st bar had mostly instacc,
1 single insta mezz
2 instaemezz
3 single insta stun
4 aestunn insta
not sure what under
5 spread heal
6 purge
7 insta group heal
8 cure mezz
9 single amnesia
10 ae amnesia

qb 2
this was heal bar + castable aecc:s

qb 3
potions, spread heal, ress, ra:s (purge, example)

qb 4
dont remember what had hear, potions? ml stuff

qb5
buff bar

when lead group in rvr used 1:st bar and in battletime switched to heal and castable cc, had allso amnesia somewhere in allmost all qb:s, usefull sometimes, interupts casting allways.

Downissael

Fledgling Freddie
hi :)

<- pac healer :)

Mouse5 Stick
Mouse3 Face
Mouse4 Run

Block : qbind ras on 1-9 :)

Downi

Attachments

• heilerQB.JPG
    heilerQB.JPG
    23.8 KB · Views: 111

DaggerElivager

Fledgling Freddie
i use ermmmm about 4/5 qb's, one with insta cc, normal cc, one with heals RA's and cc, one with rez's cp/cd and more ra's, one with single heals and power pots, one with buffs, one for ml's.... so thats...... 6 (i can count :clap: ) but they not all full and i got face stick sprint binded (cant bind much else coz im running out of room :() but like some dude said earlier u gotta work to what u wanna use really but dont bother going 44pac if u wont use the ae mezz coz tbh its the only reason u should go that high in pac

edit: btw its lenore, didnt realise stew had logged in on my comp :twak:

Animus

Fledgling Freddie
Get your own quickbar, use whatever setup works for you. Noone can tell you the best way to arrange your keys, it all boils down to what works for you. However you should, as suggested, quickbind the most used spells and actions such as ae mezz, spreadheal, face, stick and sprint to keys.

Boomeruk

Fledgling Freddie
i made toggles to switch between qbars quicker and more accurate..

so on qb1 slot 5 i had /macro >> /qbar2
and for qb2 slot 5 i had /macro << /qbar1

spam the button and it toggles between the 2 qbars, it was my most clicked button :p

then i put insta and usual ae CC from 1>4 on qbar 1, single CC and single insta cc on 1>4 on qbar 2

then group heals, instas on 6->0 on qbar1 and single heals / instas on qbar 2 slots 6>0

hit the button in between and you switch from group to single target everything... with practice it worked the best for me.... had cm on G, sprint on F and stick on E

give it a try, eveyione who trys it likes it :p

kani

Fledgling Freddie
ae cc is better than single in rvr vs more than 3 ppl imo, not just for cc, but for interrupts too ;)
i also think you should try out your own mix of qb's tho, but here's an example of mine:
qb1: your most important spells/ra's/mls, the ones you use the most.
qb2: less important spells, ae spells and single heals/cures and ress, maybe eoy or some other important artifact
qb3: i use this for pve qb, but you could have it for buffs/wards/pots etc
qb4+: buffs,resists,pots,wards etc.
i'm using like 6 qbars on my shammie, tho qb6 is like ae buffs, water pot, disembark macro etc etc..

Thor666

Loyal Freddie
You can also change Qbar by hitting SHIFT+#. where # is the qbar number, or mouse wheeling over the qbar..
And i agree that binding keys on keybord, face sprint etc is a must. Also the only way to master all those quickbars is to play until its in your fingers, doesnt really matter where your spells are located as long as the the ones you need to press fast can be accessed easily.

Zapsi

Fledgling Freddie
What ever works for u :clap: But try have diff bars for diff situations and I see so many bars with no LUL on why :/

Yma

Fledgling Freddie
You better get used to qbar switching, you can't escape ... just imagine when you'll have also MAs, RAs and artis ...

I have a common setup in my healers ... keys 1-3 are minor/average/great heals in all qbars, so no matter which qbar I'm using, I always have access to heals. Then I have different bars for different situation - cc, celerity, amnesia, sojourner, fz macros, buffs.

qbinds are a hellova help ... I've mapped /assist, mcl, rp, weapon switching, /use and /use2 - where possible I used normal keyboard mapping so it's homogeneous among all my alts, others like /assist are used by all my alts so it's on the same /qbind (~ key). /face /follow /stick are mapped on IOP, so they are near the keys I use for cc, 890. /sprint is mapped on the keypad 0, so I can toggle it quickly while using the normal arrow keys ...

Belomar

Part of the furniture
Animus said:
Get your own quickbar, use whatever setup works for you. Noone can tell you the best way to arrange your keys, it all boils down to what works for you.
While that is certainly true, the poster explicitly asked for advice and opinions on how others have their QBs arranged.

As an Aug Healer, my QBs are considerably more simple than for a Pac Healer. My rule of thumb is redundancy, to put spells that I use often in the same slot on all (or most) QBs to reduce mistakes; for instance, I have Cure Mezz on slot 10 of my main QBs.

QB #1: Main QB
1. Face (even though I normally use my third mousebutton for this)
2. ST Mezz
3. ST Stun
4. Blue spreadheal
5. Yellow spreadheal
6. Single insta
7. Group insta
8. Celerity
9. AoE Amnesia
10. Cure Mezz

QB #2: Heal QB
1. Face
2. Spec Minor Heal
3. Spec Major Heal
4. Group Heal
5. Base Minor Heal
6. Base Major Heal
7. Rezz
8. Cure Poison
9. Cure Disease
10. Cure Mezz

QB #3: Buff QB
QB #4: Resistance buff QB
QB #5: Realm Ability QB
QB #8: Siegecraft & Sojourner QB
QB #9: Power pot QB
QB #10: Sojourner QB

Of course, with the introduction of quick binds, my play style has been streamlined considerably. At first I had troubles finding available keys for all the abilities I needed, but then I realized I could use buttons in conjunction with the Shift key. My quickbinds are as follows:

Shift-W: Spreadheal
Shift-Q: Cure Mezz
Shift-E: Spec Major Heal
Shift-Z: Perfect Recovery
Shift-X: Phase Shift
F1: MCL
F2: Purge
F3: Set GT (1200)
F4: Forceful Zephyr

In addition to this, I have face and sprint mapped to additional mouse buttons.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom