[RUNE PRIEST] heal=0 contribution in PQ

popa

Fledgling Freddie
/rant
(my Rune is hot spec)
today i made first cave PQ in war and i see that healing dont count on contribution when u end the PQ
made a total or 4 PQ whit 16 ppl and on all i get under 100 participation
:(:(

rynnor

Rockhound
I'm not sure about this - as an illustration I have been the only healer on a PQ and done nothing but frantically heal a bunch of dps/tanks and come out on top of contribution.

Were there other healers on the pq? if there are this tends to put a big dent in your contributions as your competing to heal the same damage.

The other problem can be if people just arent taking much damage though I did find a dodgy way of working that by tanking a champion mob yourself and just surviving till others inevitably help you kill it :p

Conversely on a tough PQ with lots of damage taken and no other healers you should do very well.

I did have a question mark around hot's as opposed to straight heals for a while but they do seem to generate contribution.

Edit - with 16 people they probably werent taking much damage so you would do badly compared to those dealing damage.

popa

Fledgling Freddie
well i made other PQ's and got more points but this happen on gunbad, is this because "instance" ?
there was other RP and happen same like me

Tar-Aldarion

Fledgling Freddie
I'm not sure about this - as an illustration I have been the only healer on a PQ and done nothing but frantically heal a bunch of dps/tanks and come out on top of contribution.

Were there other healers on the pq? if there are this tends to put a big dent in your contributions as your competing to heal the same damage.

The other problem can be if people just arent taking much damage though I did find a dodgy way of working that by tanking a champion mob yourself and just surviving till others inevitably help you kill it :p

Conversely on a tough PQ with lots of damage taken and no other healers you should do very well.

I did have a question mark around hot's as opposed to straight heals for a while but they do seem to generate contribution.

Edit - with 16 people they probably werent taking much damage so you would do badly compared to those dealing damage.

Same here in a wb of 9 people, only healer, got top contribution in PQ at Reikland!

charl8tan

Fledgling Freddie
I posted a thread in the General Warhammer Forum regarding this issue, I have sinced changed my stance from "Healing gets 0 contribution" to "Healing gets very little contribution".

I find it more than slightly retarded that my tank friends (who admit they do bugger all really, not any effort) get max contribution almost every single time, whilst I (working my ass off keeping everyone in sight healed up and throwing out my utterly crap damage) get not a lot of contribution. Since I started pulling mobs onto myself and screaming like a psychopath on vent at them to "get the f*** away from my mobs" and explaining the dire consequences if they even think of taunting them off me, I've seen slightly better results.

It seems Damage and Healing value's count for a similar amount of contribution, but being smacked in the face is where the juicy points are at...

civy

One of Freddy's beloved
Rune of fortune used to get me high if not top on most pq's. Slap on dps gear/target tank and main hero mob and spam away.

If you can get in the main tank grp then grp heal seems to generate lots of contribution points and is a good aggro getter for a wack on the face (another boost to contribution) ;)

DiscoStu

Fledgling Freddie
If your healing for A public quest I will give you 2 pieces of advice to stick to.

1. only HOT. Never direct heal. Why? Hots give Overheal which adds to your contribution. Wehreas direct heals ends when healing reaches 100%.
2. On stage 3 against boss, ditch all your healing spells and switch to complete dps. If ur feeling nice chuck the tank a heal, by that I mean one, and then nuke like crazy on all coooldowns. I adopt this tactic with every single pq, and I come out 1st or 2nd every time, before which when I used to sit there and heal, I came last.

My theory (Probably bullshit) an average of your contribution between all 3 stages is taken and then that is what is given to your chracter. So during boss stages, no one takes damage, okay what i mean there is Just your tank is, and you don't have group wide havok. So when all dps competitors are bashin out lots of damage, your doing no healing in comparison which boosts their average above yours.

And an FYI, the statement "450 or 500 contribution" has been proven in Mount gunbad, and most tier 3 and the end of tier 2 public quets. PRior to which I was still nobbing around. -.-

Hope this helps mate.

Linnet

Fledgling Freddie
At least runepriest gets some kind of baseline AE you can spam.

rynnor

Rockhound
My theory (Probably bullshit) an average of your contribution between all 3 stages is taken and then that is what is given to your chracter. So during boss stages, no one takes damage, okay what i mean there is Just your tank is, and you don't have group wide havok. So when all dps competitors are bashin out lots of damage, your doing no healing in comparison which boosts their average above yours.

Nah as a tank its possible to come in on the last stage and clobber the end boss a lot and end up top for contribution. If anything it is weighted towards the last stage as you get dish out more damage to a hero mob.

The big problem for healers is that the better/bigger the group doing the PQ the less damage is taken so healing gets progressively less contribution - thats a flaw in the system that I'm not sure they can balance.

Mirianna

Regular Freddie
Thats really wierd. In the Swale Mearl (sp) PQ (HE chapter 2) I ran the scenario twice doing nothing but healing and came out top in contributions both times. Maybe it's because at that stage I only had the 2 HoTs available (no moral heal), but I remember that I rarely got to the trash mobs in stage 1 or 2 to get enough inf, but noticed I got inf for hotting everything that moved, crawled or twitched :p

Kami

Can't get enough of FH
Oddly I rarely get beaten for contribution by a tank mate I duo with on PQs, we usually do them when they're quiet and we're trying to get influence built up.

I've done a few where I've barely damaged the end mob and focused on heals. It's me that gets the +500.

Amok

Fledgling Freddie
Nah as a tank its possible to come in on the last stage and clobber the end boss a lot and end up top for contribution. If anything it is weighted towards the last stage as you get dish out more damage to a hero mob.

The big problem for healers is that the better/bigger the group doing the PQ the less damage is taken so healing gets progressively less contribution - thats a flaw in the system that I'm not sure they can balance.

Totally true.. I actually like crap PQ groups as I usually get good contribution. With my guild I get sod all!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom