[ARCHMAGE] Tactics - Wild Healing and Restorative Burst

charl8tan

Fledgling Freddie
I'm wondering if anyone else is noticing that these (either or both) are not functioning as they are stated to?

Wild Healing - Reduces the cost of heals by 50% for the next 10 seconds after a heal crits (including hots).

Restorative Burst - Restores 160 AP over 3 seconds after any direct heal crits.

Now, I've seen Restorative Burst pop up on me for 3 seconds and I also see the Wild Healing buff, but, I'm not sure that they're doing what they say. The AM Group Heal (Blessing of Isha) counts as a direct heal (proc's both of the tactics virtually every time - especially in a full group) and costs 65 AP standard with a 3 second cast time. Soooo spamming that you should actually gain AP steadily over time (32.5 AP cost with Wild Healing active, restoring 160 AP during each cast, so 127.5 AP gained each cast of Blessing of Isha) but you don't. Instead it continues to go down until you eventually get the usual "Not enough AP" message.

Even if Wild Healing alone wasn't working correctly, you would still be expecting to restore AP off each cast (160-65=95 gained on each cast) so clearly both of these tactics must be functioning incorrectly. I'm not saying they don't work at all, I've positive my AP does go up when Restorative Burst is active, but as I say I do not believe that it is the amount listed, and I'm more than slightly concerned that Wild Healing is not working at all.

I probably should test it properly (if only so I can use other tactics whilst waiting on them to be fixed if they are broken) but sadly I have better things to do with my time (bloody Scenario's!). Any feedback/comments from others that are using these would be great.

charl8tan

Fledgling Freddie
Ok, well I've since confirmed that Wild Healing doesn't work at all by using a numerical display of my Action Points. Awesome sauce.

As for Restorative Burst, that does work, however only if you do not cast anything whilst it is active. I would thus say that is also broken as surely it should restore regardless of if you are casting or not, and if not then this should be indicated clearly in the Tactic.

Howley

Fledgling Freddie
The way AP regain works is its fast but if your casting anything (including instants) you are stopping the regain process,
so maybe this is crossing over and stopping Restorative Burst from working cause your spamming the spell(s).
Intended?... imo if it is intended it should be changed (although maybe they did try it that way in closed beta and they found people able to literally just spam group heal - which sucks)

charl8tan

Fledgling Freddie
Aye, that's my point entirely, I fully understand that AP regen is quick but only if you are not using abilities, and I think Restorative Burst should either be reworded to indicate it increases your "normal" AP Regen by 160 over the next 3 seconds, or reworked to actually function whilst casting.

One of the problems I often encounter when it procs is that I have already started casting another heal and so miss the opportunity to gain from it, rendering the tactic pretty much useless. At first when levelling my AM I was very excited about this point in the game where I would have so many good tactics for my healing spec that I wanted to use, but none of them work right so I end up using things I had originally written off....

And yes, Restorative Burst would be insane if it does 160 AP over 3 seconds whilst casting, because you get at least one crit from nearly every single Group Heal...making it basically restore 95 AP per cast instead of costing 65. Added to that if Wild Healing worked....yers....

Soazak

Part of the furniture
Restorative burst is apparently bugged and only giving 30AP per crit, I personally still find it pretty nice though since my heals crit a lot, I rarely run out of AP.

I think it's hard to quantify how much you're actually getting as it seems like you regen AP while casting heals out of combat.

Wild healing I have no idea.

Legean

Fledgling Freddie
Hmm wild healing was working in the closed beta, pretty damn nice as it procced all the time never went OOAP.

charl8tan

Fledgling Freddie
It procs all the time now, the buff is pretty much permanently up.

However it's not actually reducing the cost of abilities, not sure if the tooltip would update (it does based on high magic at least) but I checked it out with a text display of my AP. It's rather bloody annoying.

As for Restorative only giving 30AP per crit, well, I dunno, if I don't cast anything when it procs over the 3 seconds I restore more than 160 AP, though obviously that's natural regen then as well so...

S

Sreavholn

My experience on my AM and some testing done by a AM guildie has come to the same conclusion, Wild Healing does nothing and Restorative burst increases your passive regen by 160 divided by the amount of ticks during 3s. I'm assuming that means 80 per tick (1.5s ticks) but I know for sure its not one tick of 160 and its not multiple ticks of 160 since 2 ticks would fill your AP bar.

Wild healing should be fixed and Restorative burst needs to be changed or reworded.

For added win, my friend made a CSR ticket last week or so and GM told him that Wild Healing wasnt in the bug tracker back then.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom