[RUNE PRIEST] How are your heals fairing up as you level?

Kami

Can't get enough of FH
I'm finding it harder to heal people, heals simply don't give back the percentage of health they use to as people have so many +health items and their health has been boosted so much as they've leveled. Damage spells seem to be doing more damage as new abilities are added on for the classes but Runepriest heals don't seem to be keeping up, regardless of how much willpower I have or what my mastery spec is.

Relying on HOTs isn't ideal but it feels like it takes more and more power to fully heal someone each time they and I level. At level 29 now and the heals feel less powerful than they did at 20.

Lollie

Loyal Freddie
i get the feeling we're supposd to work in tandem with an archmage, but your right, heals arent scaling very well.

on a side note why the hell does group heal need los?

Kami

Can't get enough of FH
Yeah that's confused me rather a lot, it's annoying to have to clear your heal-target just to cast a group heal!

I'm noticing the scaling more as I level, feels unbalanced now at 29, I wouldn't mind but it's not like we get huge offensive spells, we're healers, we should be able to put out the love!

civy

One of Freddy's beloved
its centered on teh target im pretty sure. i can stand well behind the casters and use them as a bounce to teh tanks on the front line.

Least i think thats whats happening. I might just have my ranges screwed up;)

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
on a side note why the hell does group heal need los?

so healers cant sit safely inside/behind/under/over something and have little to fear from the enemy while spamming group heals.

group heals didnt have los check in beta, and it ended up with healers camping inside buildings/keeps using group heal to heal their team mates. mythic obviously didnt like it so they fixed it (thank god).

was the most retarded thing ever to find out that 2 healers were standing on the safe side of a keep wall spamming group heals while the rest of the group were outside near unkillable, and there were fuck all you could do about those healers.

Toel

Loyal Freddie
so healers cant sit safely inside/behind/under/over something and have little to fear from the enemy while spamming group heals.

group heals didnt have los check in beta, and it ended up with healers camping inside buildings/keeps using group heal to heal their team mates. mythic obviously didnt like it so they fixed it (thank god).

was the most retarded thing ever to find out that 2 healers were standing on the safe side of a keep wall spamming group heals while the rest of the group were outside near unkillable, and there were fuck all you could do about those healers.

Didn't you leave?

Lollie

Loyal Freddie

But i can target myself and do that, so i can still sit safely behind walls etc

Zede

Part of the furniture

you never used spread heal in daoc ? stop complaining like you never seen this mechanic before, really..now bugger off to WolK

Thimble

Fledgling Freddie
Hope I'm allowed to post here :p

I don't need to target anyone for a group heal so as a WP I can safely sit back out of LoS and heal. But the healing mechanics across the board needs love. So far I get the impression from every healing class that our various HoT's simply can not cope with the amount of dmg people are taking. As a WP we do have ways around buffering the spikey dmg but only if we're spec'd deep in Salvation. (gives some extra grp HoT's and dmg absorbtion shield)

Do you think perhaps it was done this way so that one healing class wouldn't excel more than another and therefor group stops wouldn't be limited to one type of healer?

Tallen

Fledgling Freddie
Group heals are situational and won't work for long without hots, morale heals and single target heals for those players being hit for more than the group heal can cover. They have a long cast time which means just spamming them will result in your group dying, first the mages, then the melee.

As for LOS, what, you can't see yourself? ;)

Lollie

Loyal Freddie
its not seeing yourself that is the problem, its if you have say flag carrier thats not in your group targeted or say a dead person targeted, if your cast group heal it wont cast. just seem daft to me.

Amok

Fledgling Freddie
Yeah, I soon got in the habit of self targeting before using grp heal.

I find I can keep people up reasonably well although at 31 the morale 1 heal is much less impressive on all the the lowest hp classes and it's very hard to deal with spike damage.

We could really use some instas like in DAoC with a long timer or some reactive healing (like a buff that procs healing when attacked) to help level the spikes.

Boggy

Fledgling Freddie
Regarding scaling, I think you CAN keep people alive in a full group, as long as (a) there are 2 healers or more, and (b) you pre-emptively cast your HoTs. This means you need 2 hard-working healers casting a hell of a lot of heals. The reason it doesn't completely work for me at the mo is APs run out too quickly.

If healing gets love, I would like to see AP costs reduced, even if healing amounts are increased a little.

Sarisir

Fledgling Freddie
agreed the runepriest needs love. But they could fix the healing bit easily, by allowing a career tactic that gives 10% to crit heals like the archmage has :twak: yes I'm envious!!

I duo in grps with a archmage from my guild, and together we can hold our grps up rather well :)

I use single target heals and grp heals all the time, and never any HoT, as they will never counter the direct dmg output of a few tanks or casters do on a single target.

On a last note, my runepriest is rank 36 and I absolutely love playing it :)

Kami

Can't get enough of FH
Found the tactic in mastery lines that adds a 25% change to buff the player with a 400 or so hp abs buff is pretty sweet. Cuts healing down a lot..

Until we can use our rune of adamant again of course, without it killing FPS.

Sarisir

Fledgling Freddie
Found the tactic in mastery lines that adds a 25% change to buff the player with a 400 or so hp abs buff is pretty sweet. Cuts healing down a lot..

Until we can use our rune of adamant again of course, without it killing FPS.

Rune of adamant? Is that something that was in the beta? Dont know it...

Bahumat

FH is my second home
In a way I am glad to see Rune Priests also struggling. Just made a post about why I thought Archmages were not up to scratch. I think RP's seem to be better at keeping someone alive who is focused. Archmage seem like a gimpy off healer at the moment (only lvl 25)

Sarisir

Fledgling Freddie
hm, have to recant abit what I said. Done a few pve raids and alot of scenarios now, and I've had to respec to grp heals/HoT to keep up with healing. Bang that grp heal off and throw a few HoT's in is my new tactic. Direct healing simply can't cope, and the grp heal output (unless it crits, which is nice) is far from enough...

How are others doing the job atm?

Kami

Can't get enough of FH
That's more or less how I'm doing it Sarisir, I'm also using any tactics that give back AP or increase my healing powers over ones which proc absorb or armor buffs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom