Harvey Weinstein

old.user4556

Has a sexy sister. I am also a Bodhi wannabee.
Or you could say that no matter if rejection hurts, the rejected party should act like a fucking adult and not throw their toys out for being rejected.

In my experience in life it rarely pans out like that. As an outside observer you can take a logical stance, but being on the end of rejection often hurts. Sucks, but hard-next and move on.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Yep @Big G. And complex humans deal with things in different ways, not all of them healthy, for different reasons.

The idea you should be able to go through life without dealing with unpleasantness is ridiculous.

Ormorof

FH is my second home
Sure be butt hurt but what we are talking about is not some asshole callling a colleage a bitch because she said no, its instances where they actively sabotage careers and lives unless theh get their way (if stores on Weinstein re true he hired ex mossad agents to harass his victims into islence ffs)

Its not about having a thick skin or not

Access Denied

It was like that when I got here...
Yes being on the end of rejection hurts. I've been rejected, we all have and it sucks but I didn't act like a petulant 5 year old and throw a tantrum. At the end of the day, why should anyone have to put up with any sort of abuse for rebuffing the advances of someone in whom they're not interested. The onus isn't on the rejecting party to grow a thicker skin or man up and deal with it, it's on the rejected to accept the rebuffal with (At least outward) maturity and good grace. Call them whatever they like in the privacy of their own thoughts but refrain from being a child about it.

ETA. I know it doesn't always work out that way but that's the way it should be. If someone is going to throw a fit because they got rejected then they need to have a fucking word with themselves and sort their shit out.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
ETA. I know it doesn't always work out that way but that's the way it should be. If someone is going to throw a fit because they got rejected then they need to have a fucking word with themselves and sort their shit out.
I agree this is how it should be, but it's never actually going to be the case all the time - so people who may do a bit of rejecting should be grown up enough to know that this shit is something that happens occasionally and they should be fully prepared to ignore anything some daft butthurt cunt says.

If they take it to heart then they also need to have a word with themselves - whatever butthurt wanker says should be water off a ducks back.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
What sort of gimp gets uppity after getting rejected though? Is dignity not a thing any more?

old.user4556

What sort of gimp gets uppity after getting rejected though? Is dignity not a thing any more?

It depends on the situation and context in my opinion.

Been married for 20 years, 2
kids with a superficially great relationship and one person walks out with no explanation whatsoever?

Been for one coffee with a random bird you met on tinder and they say “sorry, no spark for me - good luck!”?

If you’re upset, in tears and want an explanation after one coffee, I have bad news for you.

Last edited:

Access Denied

It was like that when I got here...

kids with a superficially great relationship and one person walks out with no explanation whatsoever?

Been for one coffee with a random bird you met on tinder and they say “sorry, no spark for me - good luck!”?

If you’re upset, in tears and want an explanation after one coffee, I have bad news for you.

Those are completely different situations. Both hinge on having got past the first approach. We're talking about the very first attempt at wooing.

I agree this is how it should be, but it's never actually going to be the case all the time - so people who may do a bit of rejecting should be grown up enough to know that this shit is something that happens occasionally and they should be fully prepared to ignore anything some daft butthurt cunt says.

If they take it to heart then they also need to have a word with themselves - whatever butthurt wanker says should be water off a ducks back.

I actually agree to a point. We both agree that it's not a perfect world and people do react without thinking. To be honest I've been thinking more along the lines of something more serious than "Fuck you then, bitch!" The fear of someone not taking no for an answer, physical assault, having someone in a position of authority making your life hell. Those are the more prevalent fears and while I still maintain that verbal abuse shouldn't have to be dealt with either, it's going to happen and any mature adult should be emotionally equipped to deal with it. However, I'd like to point out that there's always going to be the thought of "Well if they're going to react like that, what else are they capable of?"

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber

I meant more in bars or whatever after asking "Can I buy you a drink" or "Do you want to see my elephant impression?" or whatever.

(I don't actually know how you go about picking birds up these days, not done it in 17 years...)

old.user4556

I meant more in bars or whatever after asking "Can I buy you a drink" or "Do you want to see my elephant impression?" or whatever.

(I don't actually know how you go about picking birds up these days, not done it in 17 years...)

Tinder. I’ve never had so much meaningless raw sex.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
According to the BBC its perfectly fine for female contestants on the Apprentice to leer at male models, "sexually harass" them and at one point grope them.

So that's OK then.

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
Had to be women to fight back first...

French women. Sorry, (*shudders*) @Job is right on this one. I'm sure the French have been looking at all this for months and thinking the Anglos have gone fucking bonkers. Again.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
French women. Sorry, (*shudders*) @Job is right on this one. I'm sure the French have been looking at all this for months and thinking the Anglos have gone fucking bonkers. Again.
Yeah. I know. But still, it was women :)

Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
Actually the French have their own problems with the looney left trying to degenderise the language.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
She kind of looks like a post-op Harvey Weinstein though.

Phwoar!

Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
Cathrine Deneuve..jesus she was so hot in her day.

tumblr_oablo9ziky1rvpauwo1_500.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom