Harvey Weinstein

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
Is it just me or is there something a bit...off, about this whole Harvey Weinstein farrago?

I'm not defending what he's done (I was listening to an encounter he had with some model that was taped and it is creepy as fuck), and he's clearly been at it for years, and that's the bit that's bothering me. All these actresses are coming out of the woodwork with their horror stories, but why haven't they exposed this much earlier? I get the argument that some wannabe actress/model trying to make it in Holywood would keep their mouth shut because they want to have a career, but some of these women, Angelina Jolie, Gwyneth Paltrow etc. they already have careers, they have power, some of them run their own production companies, and not a peep until now; in fact quite the opposite with all the "Harvey you're the best" at awards ceremonies and the like.

I dunno, it just feels like these women gave up the moral high ground when they didn't come out earlier to protect other women, now it feels more like sharks and blood in the water.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Some washed up actress has had a pop at Ben Afleck touching her tit, despite repeatedly bringing it up in interviews afterwards about how cool it was.

What bothers me is its just another opinion thing, where everyone must have an opinion on it. IF YOU DON'T HAVE THE CORRECT OPINION YOU ARE A RAPIST TOO!
I mean, even May has been quoted as having something to say about it, as if she hasn't got more important things to worry about.

Its just a load of bollocks, I very much doubt he is the first lecherous old man in Hollywood and I very much doubt he is the last. But it gives everyone something to be angry about for a couple of weeks, just in case there wasn't anything worse going on in the world right now.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Edit, I seem to remember recently May was asked about some other non-story, in the greater scheme of things, that some vapour chambers got themselves excited about, because she didn't give a full enough opinion on it...I think there was a general election on at the time.

It's just dumb.

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
He's a silly cunt, he's admitting it more or less too... he was filmed getting into a car going to rehab but not before shouting at the camera "everyone makes mistakes. second chance maybe?"

second chance... is he fucking serious? he allegedly raped someone and has been sexually harassing people, no second chances for that cunt.

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
Times are moving on and for the better.

I don't care about the circumstances around it. Hollywood for new comers is notorious, and something is being done about it. It was acceptable back in the day but now it's not. A bit like the UK with operation Yewtree.

As much as some people want us to stay in the 1960s where you can abuse and assault people and you can laugh at them and tell them not to be offended. I think this is great and I hope many more people get outed and put into prison.

This isn't feminism. This is right and wrong.

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
I get the argument that some wannabe actress/model trying to make it in Holywood would keep their mouth shut because they want to have a career, but some of these women, Angelina Jolie, Gwyneth Paltrow etc. they already have careers, they have power, some of them run their own production companies, and not a peep until now; in fact quite the opposite with all the "Harvey you're the best" at awards ceremonies and the like.

I think this shows how weak these women actually are.

To this kinda shit, people respond in completely different ways.

They may genuinely think that Harvey was a great man, but they had to do something which was considered quite normal in order to make it. This is usually the case with abuse from parents - kids can be more attached to parents because they are given that attention.

Also, I suppose people simply forget about it. However, if someone actually came out about the guy reporting some horrific stuff, I'm sure you would also say yeah, he did stuff to me - to back other people up.

ECA

I am a FH squatter
They thrive on media attention and their column inches dictate pay and career status. Talking about it before it was a career ender, now it's a career enhancer.

DaGaffer

They thrive on media attention and their column inches dictate pay and career status. Talking about it before it was a career ender, now it's a career enhancer.

But was it a career ender? As I said, when an actress is starting out, certainly, but I just don't buy that for some of the A-listers.

Tom

I am a FH squatter
I don't think women in Hollywood are powerful, not even the top names. Women merely have to make the classic mistake of getting old to see their careers dry up. And those who spoke out were quickly shut down years ago. I mean, look:

Rose McGowan suspended from Twitter after Ben Affleck tweets

I don't think anyone should be concerned that the victims are only now starting to speak out. I think people should be more concerned with the fact that everyone in Hollywood knew about it and did fuck all to stop it. And in case anyone is forgetting another problem:

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=13EmjpXQ8_w

ECA

I am a FH squatter
But was it a career ender? As I said, when an actress is starting out, certainly, but I just don't buy that for some of the A-listers.

Quite a few actresses have come out and said they turned him down and believe it hurt their career.
The profile is he would find a new young actress, put her in vogue and other fashion mags to hype her up, and then cast them in a big movie alongside a leading male.

Here is a piece from 2010 that describes the operation.

Harvey's Girls

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
It does make you wonder about Corey Feldman and other people that were big child stars claiming child abuse was/is ripe in Hollywood too. Corey Feldman said he was abused but he also said he would never name the people that did it.

ECA

I am a FH squatter
Yeah because he knows they are sociopaths and without evidence they'd sue him for slander/libel and win.

Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
Public opinion finally turns on the casting couch.
It goes on daily all over the world, right down to promotion in ordinary jobs.
Now the women have the upper hand...did you just suggest a sexual favour for promition?
Hello is that Police...Id like to make a complaint of sexual assault.
The tide has turned.

Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
This only reinforces my point; plenty of women could have spoken up then. Why now and not then?
Posdibly because he had the power to destroy their careers and no one would act on their complaint.
Sexual bully.

ECA

I am a FH squatter
This only reinforces my point; plenty of women could have spoken up then. Why now and not then?

She spoke up publicly, and had evidence because she wore a wire, most agree with sufficient evidence to prosecute - Cy Vance the prosecutor decided not to press charges because of "lack of intent". ( lol ).

so tldr: police have him on tape doing it. Politically cosy prosecutor doesn't prosecute despite slam dunk evidence, career up in smoke and slammed with worldwide tabloid hit pieces.

Gee I wonder why nobody else spoke up.

DaGaffer

Quite a few actresses have come out and said they turned him down and believe it hurt their career.
The profile is he would find a new young actress, put her in vogue and other fashion mags to hype her up, and then cast them in a big movie alongside a leading male.

Here is a piece from 2010 that describes the operation.

Harvey's Girls

I get that. But that doesn't explain why its taken until now for actresses who are succesful to call him out.

Posdibly because he had the power to destroy their careers and no one would act on their complaint.
Sexual bully.

Harvey Weinstein couldn't destroy Angelina Jolie's career in 2015. Or Gwyneth Paltrow's. What would he do, go around and burn down their production companies? Their property portfolios, their ecommerce businesses? Angelina Jolie has retired from acting anyway.

There seems to be a narrative of female solidarity because everyone's piling in now, but it seems like in certain cases its more like self-serving cowardice.

DaGaffer

She spoke up publicly, and had evidence because she wore a wire, most agree with sufficient evidence to prosecute - Cy Vance the prosecutor decided not to press charges because of "lack of intent". ( lol ).

so tldr: police have him on tape doing it. Politically cosy prosecutor doesn't prosecute despite slam dunk evidence, career up in smoke and slammed with worldwide tabloid hit pieces.

Gee I wonder why nobody else spoke up.

But if they had, it would have had an effect. Prosecutors in America are driven by public opinion as well as backhanders, and its becoming clear that Weinstein's behaviour was known amongst lots of women who knew each other.

Embattle

FH is my second home
At the moment it is like a flood of people who don't want to be left out.

Exioce

Part of the furniture
The victim blaming in this thread is shameful. There are a hundred reasons why victims don't come forward, as @ECA showed and as have been described in endless articles about this creep and all the rest.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
$$$ being only one of them.

These women, who are now coming out of the woodwork, now they have a fat wedge of cash, quite obviously put fame and cold hard cash above everything.

So we can at least surmise they care more about having a fat wedge of cash than an awkward grope in a fancy New York hotel.

Now, I am not saying the man is right, he is obviously a creep but for fucks sake, these women have quite obviously and openly put their own fame and fortune ahead of reporting the disgusting fat cunt.

Last edited:

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
but why haven't they exposed this much earlier? I get the argument that some wannabe actress/model trying to make it in Holywood would keep their mouth shut because they want to have a career, but some of these women, Angelina Jolie, Gwyneth Paltrow etc. they already have careers, they have power, some of them run their own production companies, and not a peep until now; in fact quite the opposite with all the "Harvey you're the best" at awards ceremonies and the like.

Ask them, not the rejects on this forum... You'll get a much better answer..

SilverHood

FH is my second home
It's always hard to speak up against the establishment, especially when they hold the purse strings in a relatively tight knit industry

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Now, I am not saying the man is right, he is obviously a creep but for fucks sake, these women have quite obviously and openly put their own fame and fortune ahead of reporting the disgusting fat cunt.
Poverty is horrible. Utterly horrible.

These women, many of whom will have come from underprivileged backgrounds, put potential financial stability and all of their hopes and dreams since childhood ahead of reporting a powerful man who held their futures in the palm of his hands.

The equation is not equal.

ECA

I am a FH squatter
Rose McGowan breaching her settlement NDA.

1lee.png
http://i.magaimg.net/img/1lee.png

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
Quite a lot coming out, even Kate Beckinsale is saying HW tried it on with her when she was 17 and as a result of her backing off her career suffered.

dysfunction

FH is my second home
Saw an Jane Fonda in a very recent interview saying she knew about it a year ago but said nothing. She's at the end of her career and yet still said nothing.
What's that all about?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom