Hansah hibernian haxoring into albion

C

chretien

Linux is more secure than windows by design, nothing to do with numbers of users.
Any *nix based systems (including MacOs and Linux) don't allow the system files to be modified by apps. Everytime you install a program in windows it modifies the system files, adds or rejigs DLLs and messes about with the registry. All of which make it very easy to write code that mashes windows or allows exploits.
Because *nix based systems don't have this inherent vulnerability they are more secure by several orders of magnitude.

T

The Real Redi

just my tuppence, but a few points here...

1) If an accomplished haXXorz wants into your little 'puter, they'll get in. Simple answer basically is that no pc/network will ever be 100% secure. Its a fact, deal with it - haXXorZ wouldn't exist if there wasn't something to tax them getting in the way.

2) As pointed out before, Hansah has a fair few veterans on his account, and in the wake of their progress i would imagine he/she has upset more than one childish person who takes in game stuff as RL offence. We know how many people on here actually believe that RP=respect IRL, and that some totally whacky people's priorities are a bit muddled. All it would take is for one short fuse after being pwned by Hansah, add a touch of intrusion-software (pick one, theres f'ing hundreds out there), key logging software, etc. and there's the beggining of a smear campaign to usurp one who's caused you to get all green eyed with jealousy over their success.

3) This is BW - everyone knows that the minute anyone is even suspected of hackin or breaking the CoC/EULA, they will have the mob here point fingers and shout lots of insults to the point where, even if they are found innocent and let on their way by GoA, this wuvvable community will have branded you "HAXXORZ!!" leaving you with a rotten rep in the realm.

This whole thing stinks - Hansah, if it was you, grow the feck up. However, from the rep you have, the effort you put in and the way in which you've conducted yourself in this flamefest of a forum says to me it's unlikely you're the one who needs the kicking.

Let GoA do whatever they do, as not one of us will ever know the truth cept Hansah, as he rightly said.

ps hansah, keep your till receipts from your crimbo shopping - if it comes to it, scan em and mail em to GoA, so you can prove you were in Marks & Spencer, or wherever at the time of the intrusion :)

S

Sichama

Simple facts....
A) If it was Hansah that cheated, it was a farewell cheat because there is no way an experienced player doesn't know that an action like this means instant ban.
B) It is highly possible that the account has been hacked and despite mr <high and mighty "im never wrong", "death to stupid people"> Crhetian, its so easy to do it no matter what precautions a user takes that the simple actions he offered are laughable, so the question here is if Hansah is tired of the game? because if the answer is no there is no way it was her/him because he will get a ban for it.
C) There are ways that GoA can check at some extend if it was hacked, if they bother checking and loging IP addresses that log in game it is a way to check, and if the person is in another country or not.
D) Even if it proven beyond any doubt that Hansah's account was hacked, i bet GoA will still ban it because if they don't they will have to admit the bigest fault why passwords get hacked and it is in the login procedure, it was mentioned in another post and im not going into more details about it.

And to all those people that are greviously offended and for life scared by this insident all i have to say is..... cut the drama.
Cheating is bad, it first of all ruins the game for the cheater although he might not understand it at that point, and in some extend ruin another players moment in game. The bigest threat is that in mass they can ruin the game itself, but from litle simple insidents like this whoever claims that he nearly died irl because of it is overacting and the reasons he does it are despicable the least.

C

chretien

Originally posted by Sichama
Simple facts....
B) It is highly possible that the account has been hacked and despite mr <high and mighty "im never wrong", "death to stupid people"> Crhetian, its so easy to do it no matter what precautions a user takes that the simple actions he offered are laughable, so the question here is if Hansah is tired of the game? because if the answer is no there is no way it was her/him because he will get a ban for it.
C) There are ways that GoA can check at some extend if it was hacked, if they bother checking and loging IP addresses that log in game it is a way to check, and if the person is in another country or not.
D) Even if it proven beyond any doubt that Hansah's account was hacked, i bet GoA will still ban it because if they don't they will have to admit the bigest fault why passwords get hacked and it is in the login procedure, it was mentioned in another post and im not going into more details about it.

Simple Facts:
Please tell me where I say or imply I'm never wrong. My point is that whether or not it was Hanseh, he deserves a ban. If he got hacked then he should have changed his password straight away and scanned his computer for viruses/spyware etc. If he can't/won't then his account is a liability to the community as it will likely continue to be used to grief with.

If he didn't get hacked then this argument is pretty much unneccessary.

Yes the login details are sent in unencrypted packets when you start the game but, in this day and age, anyone who isn't running virus protection, spyware sniffers and a decent firewall is an idiot. You don't need to be a computer tech to make it harder than it's really worth to break into your system. Yes a determined hacker can break into nearly every system, but most script kiddies who have a grudge from being pwned in Emain are likely to get stopped by basic security apps. Decent hackers generally gain access from already knowing passwords rather than slow and unreliable keyloggers, brute-force attacks or the like (most corporate/military hacks are performed either by current/recent employees who have legitimate access to at least part of the network).

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom