Hansah hibernian haxoring into albion

T

tildson

Originally posted by old.Atrox
all this thread needed, mr Bugabuse himself.

You cant make your pc 100% secure.
Unless you remove the biggest backdoor, the user.

Or turn the PC off :)

Btw, RoTK rocks!

Z

Ziva

Originally posted by Thorgald
Some of u ppl should fucking grow up and learn how to think before accusing someone in the first place...

but NOOOOOO as soon as u see anything not right, the first thing that pops in ur mind is that the player is cheating.....

So what do YOU suggest? We don't report this guy and just let him shoot all lowbies that run past in their OWN realm? We just say... awwww sorry Hansah, no problem... we believe it wasn't you, but someone else... or wait.... maybe you toon lives a life of his own even!

This account was used to cheat. I don't know if it was the original owner or someone else but it doesn't change the fact is has been used for cheating.

Like Hansah said himself, only he knows the truth. And sorry to say but to me his post sounded like he knew this was coming and maybe even knows who it was. I know i would not react like that if something similair happened and i knew 100% sure i didn't hand out my password or anything else that might have gotten me into trouble.

The moment you connect to the internet you know you can get hacked but there are a lot of steps to take before a hacker can get actually get your DaoC password if you haven't stored it on your pc.

Y

Yuffy

run daoc off *nix imo~~

much easier to secure than good ole windows :)

C

_cofi_

Originally posted by chretien
TBH I don't care if it was Hanseh or not playing. He should get banned for stupidity if nothing else.

Wow - its like the final solution all over again.

G

Glyph_mid

Yeah ban him a week, let him get hacked again, and do it all over again?

S

speshneeds

Originally posted by Yuffy
run daoc off *nix imo~~

much easier to secure than good ole windows :)

refuses to run in wine ><

D

Danya

Yes, lets run daoc on a teletype based OS it's not designed for, that sounds like a good idea.
As for easier to secure, not really, both require you to actually put some effort in though rather than just assuming security will be delivered on a silver platter by an angel from on high.

P

Puppetmistress

Originally posted by Glyph_mid
Yeah ban him a week, let him get hacked again, and do it all over again?

You do realize every character potentially can be used to shoot off lowbies trying to kill Boulderings around PKB, dont you ?

Also dont forget GOA has been hacked too, if there's 1 company who should show some compassion about being hacked it should be GOA.

In the end, what awful thing did happen? Some lowbies got killed in their own 'safe area'.. Big deal, that aint worth a perma-ban, I would say a week max, to give out a signal GOA dissaproves with killing people in their safe-zones.

O

old.Morchaoron

just fix the damn thing that makes it possible to get in their safezone... whenever i get too close to druim liegen (or something) it also says 'you have entered a illegal zone' and i get /released

M

mastade

Originally posted by Danya
Yes, lets run daoc on a teletype based OS it's not designed for, that sounds like a good idea.
As for easier to secure, not really, both require you to actually put some effort in though rather than just assuming security will be delivered on a silver platter by an angel from on high.

/me aer Danya blidt på kinden

K

Kahland

i dont care really, its prolly damn fun to go into another realm and kill ppl in their homeland! =)

P

Puppetmistress

X

Xeanor

Originally posted by Puppetmistress
http://brethren.onlinecombat.com/screenshots.aspx?picture=1149&pw=xuqpktqamv

I was so freaking close to it :)

I heard alot of people saying you get teleported, well I got this close and I didnt get a message that I was in an illegal area, there was just alot of people shooting on me, nothing more nothing less :D

You get the illegal zone message when you enter Camelot hills, which is a bit further on.

I can't even get to the door of Druim Ligen, because it's in Connacht.

O

old.Bubble

bye bye Hansah :(
I don't see GOA being too understanding when the 'Raid' was repeated

If you didn't beef your computer firewall/change your password as soon as you knew this was happening(If what your saying is true) then delete your character is the only choice they have

M

Malena

why one peep want to do something like that ? tbh i think another peep hacked him, he is skilled player with lots of high rr chars and lots of enemys .

M

mskin

this is highest priority in these days of war, terrorism and diseases I c.

O

old.Atrox

Originally posted by mskin
this is highest priority in these days of war, terrorism and diseases I c.

the world/every day issues wont stop because of disasters.
Also I dont think 90% of the people here knows about the world crisis.

T

Talen

Originally posted by old.Atrox
the world/every day issues wont stop because of disasters.
Also I dont think 90% of the people here knows about the world crisis.

What world crisis?

:p

Y

Yuffy

As for easier to secure, not really

show me a home user win box as secure as *.mil then?

:)

until then dont tell me its not.

I

iceforge

Originally posted by chretien
You can be 100% secure against hacks like this. All you need to do is not store passwords on your computer, make sure no-one else knows them and change them if you think they've been compromised.
You don't need to be a network security admin to apply basic security to your system, it's nothing to do with configuring firewalls or protocol bindings, it's just common sense and not being a muppet. TBH I don't care if it was Hanseh or not playing. He should get banned for stupidity if nothing else.

Until a recent safety change that I'm not even sure we have gotten on EU, your Password for both Ingame and Subscription was sent from Client to Master in open packets above 10 times...

Read on a US-board, where they are very out-raged about it...
Mostly because from the BUG was reported, it took Mythic 6 months to make a fix, where they only changed the encryption from 12byte to 13byte.

I dunno what all that stuff means really, as I'm no l33t hacker or programmer, but it sounds smart, don't it? :D

B

bone_idle

If someone is determined to hack your pooter then they will get in. Its like a car. You could have the most expensive alarm system known to man in it. If someone wants it. They will get it.

O

old.Atrox

Originally posted by bone_idle
If someone is determined to hack your pooter then they will get in. Its like a car. You could have the most expensive alarm system known to man in it. If someone wants it. They will get it.

If they cant break into the car and hotwire it they'll wait til you arrive with the key.
Human factor cant be secure aslong as that is involved.

D

Danya

show me a home user win box as secure as *.mil then?

:)

until then dont tell me its not.
Security of *.mil is nothing to do with linux vs windows. If you throw the sort of money that the military has at securing a computer, then you're going to get it somewhat more secure than a home user regardless of OS. Besides which, what evidence do you have they use linux anyway?

C

chretien

Originally posted by iceforge
Until a recent safety change that I'm not even sure we have gotten on EU, your Password for both Ingame and Subscription was sent from Client to Master in open packets above 10 times...

Read on a US-board, where they are very out-raged about it...
Mostly because from the BUG was reported, it took Mythic 6 months to make a fix, where they only changed the encryption from 12byte to 13byte.

I dunno what all that stuff means really, as I'm no l33t hacker or programmer, but it sounds smart, don't it? :D
That didn't have the same impact on Goa as their account system is different. In the US client you put your CC details into the login windows to activate your account and it sends this info to the server along with your game password and login. Goa has an external site for payment details so only the game password and log get sent when you access the game.
Regardless of that, to all the people who say that no box can be 100% secure, you're right but you can make it more trouble than it's worth. Also most 'hacks' don't involve anything as complicated as keyloggers or trojans. in a lot of cases it's passwords compromised by the user (i.e. he's told someone else what his login details are), doesn't matter how secure your box is if you don't keep your mouth shut.
He deserved his ban, even if it wasn't him playing, because he showed no respect to his fellow players. Getting hacked once is unfortunate - learn your lesson the hard way, sort it out. Getting hacked twice shows deep stupidity. If he knew his account had been hacked, he should have changed his password instantly, then scanned his computer for anything suspicious. If he can't even take these simple steps then IMO a ban is the only way he'll learn his lesson, and the only way to protect the rest of us from muppets like him.

Y

Yuffy

Security of *.mil is nothing to do with linux vs windows.

read what i typed again.

If you throw the sort of money that the military has at securing a computer, then you're going to get it somewhat more secure than a home user regardless of OS

you seriously do not have to spend any money what so ever to secure ure box like that, the only thing you have to spend time on is securing it, not money.

Oh, and you would be suprised on what certain military establishments spend on network security.

besides which, what evidence do you have they use linux anyway?

i could tell you how i know, but ill just post a link telling you instead.

http://www.theregister.co.uk/content/54/33611.html

"Evidence shows that Linux is more stable. We are moving in general to where the Army is going, to Linux-based OS."

the day a windows machine can be even remotely secure as a linux box is the day i eat my own boobs. The only reason *nix gets hacked in the first place is because of fat assed lazy un-intelligent sys admins that dont know the difference between a mouse and a their own fat ass.

kthxbye.

F

Fafnir

the day a windows machine can be even remotely secure as a linux box is the day i eat my own boobs. The only reason *nix gets hacked in the first place is because of fat assed lazy un-intelligent sys admins that dont know the difference between a mouse and a their own fat ass.
I will belive that linux is more secure the day it reaches the ammount of users as Windows. Linux has not been thru the same probing as Windows has and some loopholes might not have been detected yet. And yes Windows is crap and Linux is better.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom