Hansah hibernian haxoring into albion

T

tezaa

the guild he is in doesnt surprise me

So Glyph u mean by this way, if someone is cheating in Bad Omen=all ppl in ur guild cheat? ( stlong mind spotted imo :p)

Even though it wasnt Hansah playing her eld.

O

old.mattshanes

Originally posted by tezaa
So Glyph u mean by this way, if someone is cheating in Bad Omen=all ppl in ur guild cheat? ( stlong mind spotted imo :p)

Even though it wasnt Hansah playing her eld.

They will just have to check the IP logs i guess.

S

speshneeds

Originally posted by old.mattshanes
They will just have to check the IP logs i guess.

well,

Hansah could have been playing from anywhere really, friends house etc.

Mr Kemor is looking into it tho so will be sorted

T

tildson

Originally posted by Danya
If it's not the first time, maybe you should have learned from the first time to improve your computer's security. Ultimately you are responsible for your account - if someone sees your char running around they are of course going to think it's you, so /rude to you. You're either lying or really stupid, either way not really someone daoc can't do without.

Personal attacks with too little info. Would you blame yourself for being stupid if you'd been hacked twice, even with decent security?

I think you are judging abit too fast with too little knowledge here ;( You shouldnt have to be a network security manager to play DAOC.

D

Danya

No, but GOA shouldn't have to be responsible for the carelessness of their users either.

T

tildson

No, but GOA shouldn't have to be responsible for the carelessness of their users either.

Of course not, but you shouldnt judge Hansah yet until you know he actually was carelessness :(

P

-phusion-

well, hansah is back in camelot hills killing people again..
weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

D

Danya

Originally posted by tildson
Of course not, but you shouldnt judge Hansah yet until you know he actually was carelessness :(
Well as it's not the first time that points to not learning from your mistakes, if you get hacked, the first thing you should do is make sure it doesn't happen again, sadly most people just let it slide.

P

Piojo

if its being done again I doubt it's hanseh after this post...

C

Cyfr

Well as it's not the first time that points to not learning from your mistakes, if you get hacked, the first thing you should do is make sure it doesn't happen again, sadly most people just let it slide.

Seriously, do you expect home users to have 100% secuirty? Like I said before, GOA got hacked, hell even nasa have been hacked. Its more or less impossible to be secure.

T

toxx

Originally posted by Piojo
if its being done again I doubt it's hanseh after this post...

Agreed

Its quite depressing seeing everyone jump instantly and blame the guy and demand a ban, or at least want him to get banned. Such a friendly community :(

P

Piojo

errr read my post?

I said I DOUBT IT'S HANSEH because he wouldn't be so fucking stupid to do it twice and risk all his level 50's.

Z

Ziva

Hansah, reset your pw asap cause your char was back again and i killed it just now.

That is, if it wasn't you offcourse.

T

toxx

sorry piojo, read my post again, didnt make it clear enough

A

ashitaka

GOA probably gonna say nothing, and they gonna suspend the account for 1 week under the rule "Don't share your account". And the haxor probably gonna get away with it. Or end up like kr0n.

O

old.Morchaoron

Personally i dont think the owner of the account should get banned for this...

It's true even GOA has been hacked, and unless your a very l33t hacker yourself its almost impossible to make it 100% secure

also, the reason he got hacked is purely to get him banned by using a bug in the game thats STILL not fixed after more then TWO WHOLE FUCKING YEARS!!

if those FUCKHEADS at mythic had actually taken time to fix it instead of making their $$$$ ToA crap no one is waiting for, these kind of things would never have to happen again....

D

Danya

Originally posted by Cyfr
Seriously, do you expect home users to have 100% secuirty? Like I said before, GOA got hacked, hell even nasa have been hacked. Its more or less impossible to be secure.
Of course not, but realistically, unless someone has a real grudge against you it's not worth the effort of trying to hack a home computer unless it's really open already. Why bother trying to circumvent someone's firewall when you can just find someone without one? :p

C

Cyfr

Of course not, but realistically, unless someone has a real grudge against you it's not worth the effort of trying to hack a home computer unless it's really open already. Why bother trying to circumvent someone's firewall when you can just find someone without one? :p

Well, in this case it seems someone did have a grudge, you wouldn't get someone's pw then go into a diffferent realm to get them banned for no reason :p

C

Cyfr

Thats two people agreeing in one day, my life is complete.

O

old.Morchaoron

Thats two people agreeing in one day, my life is complete.

i agree...................

now get lost and dont come back :rolleyes:

O

old.Atrox

if you dont save the password on your comp then you would be alot safer, Most Virus scanners do detect keyloggers etc..

C

chretien

You can be 100% secure against hacks like this. All you need to do is not store passwords on your computer, make sure no-one else knows them and change them if you think they've been compromised.
You don't need to be a network security admin to apply basic security to your system, it's nothing to do with configuring firewalls or protocol bindings, it's just common sense and not being a muppet. TBH I don't care if it was Hanseh or not playing. He should get banned for stupidity if nothing else.

C

Cyfr

Originally posted by chretien
You can be 100% secure against hacks like this. All you need to do is not store passwords on your computer, make sure no-one else knows them and change them if you think they've been compromised.
You don't need to be a network security admin to apply basic security to your system, it's nothing to do with configuring firewalls or protocol bindings, it's just common sense and not being a muppet. TBH I don't care if it was Hanseh or not playing. He should get banned for stupidity if nothing else.

You dont have to store passwords on your pc for keyloggers to work.

T

Thorgald

You dont have to store passwords on your pc for keyloggers to work.

Afaik keyloggers dont even search for textfiles on the computer. They just monitor what keys u press down or copy'n'paste :)

Tho i dont have any experience with that sort of things.. But its not THAT impossible to hack someone...

And if the hacker acually DO have a grudge on this Hansah, then he prolly took his time to hack him no matter... And yes, there IS fucktards out there that will go as far as they can to hurt someone...

And no i dont think this player would risk his 13 or whatever lvl 50 chars for something like that...

Some of u ppl should fucking grow up and learn how to think before accusing someone in the first place...

but NOOOOOO as soon as u see anything not right, the first thing that pops in ur mind is that the player is cheating.....

(Well in some sence the person playing hansah WAS using a bug/cheat/hax what fucking ever)

but almost noone gave it enuff thoughts to acually concider that it mabye, just mabye wasent the owner of the account that was using the char....

And another thing, why on earth should GOA tell YOU if the player was hacked or not??

C

Cyfr

Originally posted by Thorgald
Afaik keyloggers dont even search for textfiles on the computer. They just monitor what keys u press down or copy'n'paste :)

Yeah, thats what i was implying.

*Slaps himself because of his shit way of communicating things :p*

M

mskin

spewing forth your narrowminded thoughts. heeeeeeeeello

O

old.Atrox

Originally posted by mskin
spewing forth your narrowminded thoughts. heeeeeeeeello

all this thread needed, mr Bugabuse himself.

You cant make your pc 100% secure.
Unless you remove the biggest backdoor, the user.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom