Guild Villages

O

old.Wildfire

While housing is still a fair way off for us here in europe, I think it's only sensible to start planning for it nonetheless. As those who have had a look at the herald will know, each of the two housing zones is split into villages of about 10 plots each. This is as you might have guessed, designed to aid the formation of guild villages. You have your guild hall, and around it you have the houses of some of the members of the guild, outfitted in whatever manner they see fit. Some guilds in UO spent a lot of time on their towns / villages to make them appealing and visit-worthy locations on any discerning map. A variety of merchants is of course suggested, along with crafting tools etc etc.

While there will never be a hard and fast "this bit is mine" way of determining which area corresponds to which guild, I think it might be a good idea (perhaps even the dreaded "f" word*) to start staking claims. Courtesy of the herald are the two albion zone maps, and I will start the ball rolling by planting First Cohort's flag firmly in the ground at Kilnsey :) If you decide to participate please post your guild's name and the village you wish to inhabit. Lots of course go on a first-come-first-served basis, and I will update my list (below the maps) as time progresses.

(disclaimer: for all the miserable bastards who will be up in arms reminding everyone that I have no right to be doing this - stfu. If people choose not to do this, fair enough, but I thought it might be the "f" word* for once.)

rilan.jpg

caerwent.jpg

[Rilan] (listings north to south, west to east)

Glenn Abbey - unclaimed
Long Preston - unclaimed
Drayworth - unclaimed
Baugh Fell - unclaimed
Litton - unclaimed
Eshton - unclaimed
Armistead - unclaimed
Skipton - unclaimed
Middleham - unclaimed
West Winton - unclaimed
Nappa - unclaimed
Stoneleigh - unclaimed
Reeth - unclaimed
Clayfield - unclaimed
Kingsdale - Dark Knights
Semer Water - unclaimed
Whernside - unclaimed
Hardraw - unclaimed
Grassington - unclaimed
Dibble's Bridge - unclaimed

[Caerwent] (listings north to south, west to east)

Worton - unclaimed
Eccleston - Knights of Pendragon
Revington - unclaimed
Hoghton - Semper Fidelis
Eastby - unclaimed
Devonshire - unclaimed
Bardale - Legion of Darkness
Rylestone - Guardians of Light
Silverdale - unclaimed
Winterburn - unclaimed
Ingleton - unclaimed
Kilnsey - First Cohort
Waterford - unclaimed
Hawkswick - unclaimed
Foxup - unclaimed
Twistleton - unclaimed
Arncliffe - unclaimed
Gawthrop - unclaimed

* fun

F

Flimgoblin

hmm not really sure till we get to see them to be honest :)

I like the idea of foxup, waterton and eccleston - but I don't want one with a view of a rubbish dump or whatever ;)

so I'll stake a claim to all of them until we get more details ;)

O

old.Wildfire

obviously people may choose to change their claim at a later date - feel free

S

stupidshady

I think waterford or rylestone in caerwent.......but this is just me, my guild will prob follow me in this, tough not sure

O

old.Wildfire

blah.

going out to work, will check back later.

O

old.Flamin

Erm who are you Wildfire to decide this?

T

Tigerius

He isn't, and he hasn't, and he's never claimed it. Calm down. He's merely trying to set a peaceful tone but by claiming one of the arguably best lots in town for his own guild before anyone else gets a say, he also pretty much managed to blow that attempt form post 1 :p

A more reasonable way to go about this rather then claim FIRST at the same moment you make this suggestion and post the maps (many haven't seen em before) would have been to give everyone some time to check out the maps, the housings, and then let people make claims that are settled by /random.

S

skile

Originally posted by ab_fluid
silly child!

I'm a fighter for legal rights. Therefor I posted, ofc it feels extra good when Wildfire tries do humiliate everyone in advance before they say the obvious.

B

bracken_woodman

Bah just treat is as a bit of fun folks ;)

On behalf of the Legion of Darkness, I'm sticking a flag in Bardale (though they don't know it yet hehe). The name sounds like it'll have highest proportion of pubs around :D

Btw, where did the map come from?

K

kenshee-himura

Well as I know albs we just gonna get chaos on the release day anyway.
Albs IQ is way too low to be organizing anything in anyway.
Tho I think Semper Fidelis is gonna put their guild hall close to LoD's

L

loxleyhood

Wildfire has no right doing this, but nor do any of the res of us, and I think its a good idea to sort things out now so there is no fisticuffs when housing actually comes :D

E

--Eraser--

nice idea to sort this out peacefully wildfire.
but as already said it wont work.
its pretty obvious the houses near the zoning to camelot hills will be the most wanted and ppl wont stick to your plan.
also because you claimed on of the best places already for FC :)

would have been nice to sort it out like that but in the end it will be a chaos on the release day, i agree :(

B

bracken_woodman

Originally posted by kenshee-himura

Tho I think Semper Fidelis is gonna put their guild hall close to LoD's

Don't you know? We're the neighbours from hell!!! :D And wait until you see Filthius running round the garden naked as part of his goat sacrificing ceremony - not pretty :(

T

thucram

omg

How old can you beif you start thinking about claiming.:swords:

I tell you this, if i see a nice town ingame where i'd like to live ,not yet claimed ,then I will take it, no matter who claimed it even if it was the biggest guild the best guild, i dont care, a claim on a forum means noppes/nada/nothing/rien/0 ! So if i bought up your spot private that you 'claimed' on this forum, so be it :eek: .

T

thucram

Kinsley is ACCIDENTALY also the closest to camelot hills or is it just the name of town that sounds nice in your ears ? ;D

B

BrassMonkey

It'll be first come first serve basis chaos similar to UO, people trying to 'plan' and 'stake claims' is fucking hilarious.

How sad, get out more....

/flame

L

loxleyhood

Personaly I think when dealing with something as useless as housing, praticalities like proximity to Camelot Hills shouldn't be considered. :)

Waterford looks pretty to me :D

O

old.Odysseus

Originally posted by old.Wildfire
Now with housing coming and all I have a great idea; FC will claim the best spot of all and i will maintain a list so everyone knows it.
The idea of organized housing is great, but claiming the best spot up front reminds me of Aussie claiming the dragon bow before a certain raid.

B

bob007

Originally posted by loxleyhood
Waterford looks pretty to me :D

Damn I was going to pick that.

Ok i'll make do with Eccleston, Just make sure the pond is well stocked :)

Y

-yoda-

imo this is a bad BUT good idea at same time. it gives guilds/aliences a good time to plan for this when it does eventually arrive...

also dont forget being by cam hills doesnt mean its best plot.. you can put city portols in your plot and also teleporters to other realms.. and a shit load more different very useful stuff.. and imo the camelot hills areas because some will think they are best area imo will prolly have the worst scenery? and the more inland places have great scenic stuff :)

ps@ brack good choice brack bardale seems good :) close to horse and market "not that we will need em" but good anyways :)

N

nerve

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by old.Wildfire
Now with housing coming and all I have a great idea; FC will claim the best spot of all and i will maintain a list so everyone knows it.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

LOL! Amen! Odysseus for president!

:p

T

thucram

/slaps yoda

SST, i want them to believe iit is the best spot near cam hills ;D, means the expensive balance will be n that area...

L

loxleyhood

In the end I think its going to come down to a lotto.

L

loxleyhood

Ha ha, the herald makes various refrences to shrubberies :D

Users who are viewing this thread