Grats Erodafira - RR8

B

borim

Very nice Eroda, keep those deathspams coming!! ;)

M

Myddrin

Great job Eroda, a very good player and well deserved.

Melachi............lol @ you

D

den_arid

grats erodafira :))

great achievement tbh

and melachi tbh u got no fucking clue how hard it WAS to play pbae in alb ... 0 grps

shes the one that made it change

thats why she deserves rr8 u muppet...

M

Melachi-

Originally posted by pbuck
flaming someone who chooses to play daoc in hard mode for a change?

lol aye thats me, easy mode spreadhealing asd spammer. I guess being a Rejuv/Enhance cleric is easier then in your terms, since all they have to spam is spreadheal? No.

I was a tad drunk last night, and so I came off a bit more aggresively, but i still stand by my point and that is.....
flaming someone who chooses to play daoc in hard mode for a change?
Whats hardmode? Playing a caster? Playing a caster in alb? Let me set something straight.

People call Midgard easy mode because of the savagex2,healerx3,shammy,warrior,skald group because it owns in fg-v-fg fights. Yeah? Would this group also be 'easy' mode for XPing? Or keep defense? or Keep attacks? Or zerg-v-zerg? Imo no, i think a pbae group would be 'easy mode' in these situations. In this game, attaining anything is congradulated, and why not, it doesnt do anybody any harm, but often its not worth the congradulations it gets, let me elaborate. Mr.A is new to the game and is soloing (because he cant get groups) his Thane with no buffbot to 50, it takes him just over a year to get it to 50. And theres Mr.B who has just started the game, but all his mates are playing allready, he logs in to be brought over to a PL area, he dings 50 in 2 weeks. I have nothing against PL or anything like this, im just trying to show an example, do you think one deserves a bigger Grats than the other? Maybe maybe not.

Answer this, is it not 'easy mode' or even just 'semi normal mode' to pbae from beind a gate in a keep? or in a lord room thats bottle necked by a tiny stairs? That 90% of the enemies your fighting don't have a nicely setup group, they may have one cave shaman or one 50pac healer as support, they might be in epic armour. That in the zerg warfare your often in because you organise large raids you are pretty damn potent in these because the ammount of friends acting as cannonfodder around, its damn hard to pick out a single person in a group and you pbae, therfore prolly getting a greater share of the rps? And df, its full of mainly people who are killing mobs to xp, they arent 50 yet, and are in crappy armour usualy, meaning crap resists and uncapped stats, yet chars of 40+ give a decent ammount of rps, totaly non in proportion to how easy it is to kill them.

How and however, here is my main point,
RP's = Time * Group

You have a group with people who have simple awareness (which alot of people dont have) the adequte ammount of support and damage dealers. And then spend as much time as possible farming people to get rp's.

Ill leave your thread until someone can put up a decent arguement against me other than "Lol DooDSZ Eroda my N8 dont flame NOOBI!!11 LOL DIZ GUY FLMAEZ RR8!!"

D

Derric

Originally posted by Melachi-
I wish someone would make me a grats thread too :(

Oka,can do when you moved from BW to RvR. o0

M

Melachi-

Originally posted by Derric
Oka,can do when you moved from BW to RvR. o0

Derric that was just pathetic, i said i wouldnt reply unless it had a point, but really your post does have a point and it reads loud and cleary....

"I just read your thread melachi, and I see it had some cleary laid out points, because im afraid I have no facts or ideas on my side to debate it with you, or even negate one of your comments I have decided to take the easy option which is flame you."

S

Sharma

It is quite well put Melachi, if you spent some more time in RvR that on BW flaming someone who actually puts some effort in by playing a caster, IE a class that doesnt get a sort of insta heal and can easily be wiped off the battle field in a nanosecond someone might, just might actually congratulate you on achieving a realm rank.

D

Derric

Hrhrhr,you got fuck all of a point Melachi,you just want to flame because you're bored. :)

D

Delket

Quite simple all this

Malachi views RP's as a substitute to the size of his Penis

Ero's penis is bigger than his in that respect

Malachi needs to argue points why although eros penis is bigger he can outperform with his

M

Melachi-

Lol or...

maybe my point is that ammount of RP's is just a reflection of how much time has been spent at the game RvRing.... ?

Wow what an achievment it is I aggre :S

M

Melachi-

Originally posted by Sharma
It is quite well put Melachi, if you spent some more time in RvR that on BW flaming someone who actually puts some effort in by playing a caster, IE a class that doesnt get a sort of insta heal and can easily be wiped off the battle field in a nanosecond someone might, just might actually congratulate you on achieving a realm rank.

Your post has some points Sharma, but none of them relfect on Eroda, no she doesnt have an insta heal, but the clerics in her group do, and no she doesnt have a million HP's like a tank, but it doesnt matter much when your standing behind a gate that does have a million HP's, or when the enemys attacking you are green/blue con, or when your surronded by hundreds of other albs.

As I said before, attaining realm rank 8 would be worth congradulations if it had be a dificult task, but it wasnt, its just a relfection of how long she spent doing an easy task.

M

Myddrin

For various obvious reasons if your going to run a pbae group in RVR Albion is going to be the most challenging realm to do it. People aren't congratulating Erodafira on that though, they are just saying well done :)

I think any caster who gets to RR8 deserves a big grats!

E

Eroda

Your post has some points Sharma, but none of them relfect on Eroda, no she doesnt have an insta heal, but the clerics in her group do, and no she doesnt have a million HP's like a tank, but it doesnt matter much when your standing behind a gate that does have a million HP's, or when the enemys attacking you are green/blue con, or when your surronded by hundreds of other albs.

As I said before, attaining realm rank 8 would be worth congradulations if it had be a dificult task, but it wasnt, its just a relfection of how long she spent doing an easy task.

Lol, why do u keep mentioning keeps?

You've obviously never played in a keep defence as albion have u? How often do i kill anything on the doors? 1 or 2 if im lucky as the door is permanently spammed with disease by numerous shammies unless i manage to interupt. How much do i kill at lord? if mids are stupid and come up before setting proper gtaoe - lots, if they do well im dead or permanently interupted.

I spend 75% of time outside keeps, you can say other wise but then u seem to have some sort of mental block unfortunately. Do u know how long a wizard lasts against a savage assist train even with bof? 2-3s if lucky. We have to play well to get any rps at all but then you dont seem to rvr and so dont know this. Not your fault i guess.

O

old.Hardbein

Gratz Eroda :)

Tip to Melachi: stop now please......ur just making a complete and utter fool of urself atm.

F

froler-mid

i was gonna whine bout HW zerg or sum here, but cba ;dd

strong wizzy! grats!

O

oldnick

I was grouped with erod this evening.

we 1st defended Ren (omg defending a keep) then we helped the alb zerg attack and retake ren as any alb would do.

then surprisingly we spent most of the rest time running around odins mainly in fg v fg or fg v2fg fights

yes we lost some , but some we won.

I have rvred a little and i wouldnt say erods grps were in any way on easy mode.

Melachi, I havent read the whole thread but you are sounding a tad bitter in your posts, just chill out.

oh and while im posting nerf blue con interupting pets

Nick

M

mrdee_new

Originally posted by old.Hardbein
Tip to Melachi: stop now please......ur just making a complete and utter fool of urself atm.

much respect m8, but i think its hard for a fool to make even bigger a fool out of himself, mind you i've been proved wrong on things like this before, guess only time shall tell :D

M

Melachi-

Alot of people are telling me I look like a fool and other things, can I ask exactly what part of my postings is foolish? And if you tell me what part is foolish also tell me why its foolish. Back yourselves up please instead of just flaming me.

O

old.Hardbein

It's so obvious reading ur posts that ur bitter or somekind of jealous to ppl who actually manage to get organized and get a decent grp/guild up and runinng wich then result (after loads of practice) in rp's. Saying there is no skill....just: RPS = grp * time is just :ROFLMAO:.

And if thats not enough.....ur sig says it all....BORED!

M

Melachi-

Originally posted by old.Hardbein
It's so obvious reading ur posts that ur bitter or somekind of jealous to ppl who actually manage to get organized and get a decent grp/guild up and runinng wich then result (after loads of practice) in rp's. Saying there is no skill....just: RPS = grp * time is just :ROFLMAO:.

And if thats not enough.....ur sig says it all....BORED!

Theres nothing I can do or say to convince you that I'm not bitter or jealous so you will either just have to beleive me or not. Saying that im wrong that there is skills in the game is fine but would you care to eloborate on the skills? And I think you may have misunderstood my signature, I'm bored of my Healer, yes. Not bored of the game.

P

pbuck

lol aye thats me, easy mode spreadhealing asd spammer. I guess being a Rejuv/Enhance cleric is easier then in your terms, since all they have to spam is spreadheal? No.

I was a tad drunk last night, and so I came off a bit more aggresively, but i still stand by my point and that is.....

Whats hardmode? Playing a caster? Playing a caster in alb? Let me set something straight.

People call Midgard easy mode because of the savagex2,healerx3,shammy,warrior,skald group because it owns in fg-v-fg fights. Yeah? Would this group also be 'easy' mode for XPing? Or keep defense? or Keep attacks? Or zerg-v-zerg? Imo no, i think a pbae group would be 'easy mode' in these situations. In this game, attaining anything is congradulated, and why not, it doesnt do anybody any harm, but often its not worth the congradulations it gets, let me elaborate. Mr.A is new to the game and is soloing (because he cant get groups) his Thane with no buffbot to 50, it takes him just over a year to get it to 50. And theres Mr.B who has just started the game, but all his mates are playing allready, he logs in to be brought over to a PL area, he dings 50 in 2 weeks. I have nothing against PL or anything like this, im just trying to show an example, do you think one deserves a bigger Grats than the other? Maybe maybe not.

Answer this, is it not 'easy mode' or even just 'semi normal mode' to pbae from beind a gate in a keep? or in a lord room thats bottle necked by a tiny stairs? That 90% of the enemies your fighting don't have a nicely setup group, they may have one cave shaman or one 50pac healer as support, they might be in epic armour. That in the zerg warfare your often in because you organise large raids you are pretty damn potent in these because the ammount of friends acting as cannonfodder around, its damn hard to pick out a single person in a group and you pbae, therfore prolly getting a greater share of the rps? And df, its full of mainly people who are killing mobs to xp, they arent 50 yet, and are in crappy armour usualy, meaning crap resists and uncapped stats, yet chars of 40+ give a decent ammount of rps, totaly non in proportion to how easy it is to kill them.

How and however, here is my main point,
RP's = Time * Group

You have a group with people who have simple awareness (which alot of people dont have) the adequte ammount of support and damage dealers. And then spend as much time as possible farming people to get rp's.

Ill leave your thread until someone can put up a decent arguement against me other than "Lol DooDSZ Eroda my N8 dont flame NOOBI!!11 LOL DIZ GUY FLMAEZ RR8!!"

There are situations where u are going to fight enemies you know u cant possibly lose to no matter how bad you play(the easy rps).This will happen if u are solo/duo/in fg or in zerg.Practically EVERYONE in daoc has gathered a large percentage of his rps this way.Its inevitable because u are never going to avoid all fights u know u cannot lose.What is important is that you try to find challenging fights and make the most of it even though u know/understand that this will not happen most of the times.From your post i see nothing that proves that erodafira zerged to rr8 or intentionally seeked easy fights in rvr.And i highly doubt this is the way since what keeps most hardcore rvr players playing are the real challenging fights where they have to overcome superior number of enemies.
Most daoc players will agree at this moment that casters are the hard mode of daoc(at least in open fights which ero claims 75% of the rps came from)Why?a) Insane resists(close to 50% vs organized groups)b) Bugged interrupt system(If some effect hits you 1 second before u start casting a spell the two subsequent spells are interrupted-that equals for 6+ seconds of zero damage output)c)Crap survivability(low absorb/hps/af) so when the assist train hits a caster the healers of the group may be just lucky and manage to insta him on time..Sometimes its too late even for insta.The only real caster defence(cc-which needed a tonedown) is negated with the highest lvls of determination +resist buffs.So the only viable damage casters in rvr are the ones who use pbaoe to defend themselves since cc is no longer an option.
From all 3 realms albion has biggest trouble making succesful caster groups.Why?a)Baod-Frustrating fighting enemies with 75-80% ice resists yes?b) insta aoe mezz(mid hib) insta aoe stun(mid) vs castable alb mezz.Even though insta cc will not have great effect on alb tank groups it will still work good vs alb caster groups mezzing them for long enough time to give them a noticable disadvantage.c)Alb caster groups need a theurgist to have the necessary interrupt power vs enemy support(when hibs can interrupt them for free with pets +chanter mele dmg reduce) but then only 2 ice wizards can fit in group which means less firepower(on the other hand other realms can get 3+ pbaoeers in)
So to sum this up..In open fights tanks>casters and between all 3 realms hib caster groups>mid>alb.So yes playing an alb caster is hard mode in my book.

M

Melachi-

So to sum this up..In open fights tanks>casters and between all 3 realms hib caster groups>mid>alb.So yes playing an alb caster is hard mode in my book.

Nice post, and I agree with alot of what you write, but you left out one thing from the very end, which I think it is....

So to sum this up..In open fights tanks>casters and between all 3 realms hib caster groups>mid>alb.So yes playing an alb caster is hard mode in my book in open fights, in places like DF zergs and keep defense, casters are not hard mode (maybe not easy mode either but still).

Practically EVERYONE in daoc has gathered a large percentage of his rps this way.

Exactly, couldnt have said that better myself, so again why are we congradulating this?

What is important is that you try to find challenging fights

Disagree here, what is most important is imo that you have fun, this is a game, some like to be competetive, some dont.

From your post i see nothing that proves that erodafira zerged to rr8 or intentionally seeked easy fights in rvr.

Hmm, really im kinda miffed about this one, okay eroda might have gotten a certain percentage of her rps from RvRing in a fg, fighting other fg's, but its still not , how would i put it.... maximum challenging.

"intentionally seeked easy fights in rvr" This bit also gets me. While nearly all RvR'ers claim this it is not true that they seek easy fights, I have to say bullshit. You pick the right classes, the best buffs, the best SC, the most experienced players, why? So you have and advantage. Everyones looking for a challenge in the enemy fg's they fight, but only a challenge they can handle, get it ? :x
Eroda doesnt like savage groups in emain as she said herself, and thats why she and alot of other people tend to avoid emain. WHY? :p Isnt it a challenge they are after? No its not, its the easier of the hard options while still remaining "daoc honourable".

How and however, big thank you to pbuck and eroda, for posting replys which had alot of usefull info rather than flames :)

E

Eroda

Eroda doesnt like savage groups in emain as she said herself, and thats why she and alot of other people tend to avoid emain. WHY? :p Isnt it a challenge they are after? No its not, its the easier of the hard options while still remaining "daoc honourable".

Haven't seen a mid group without at least 1 savage for about 6 months so avoiding emain doesn't help much :p
Its more that in general, if u avoid emain your much less likely to have groups adding mid fight or stealthers popping up on you every fight (only takes a couple of archers to shoot wizards at a bad time, and whole group dies very quick).
Guess you could see that as a challenge and tbh taking on more numbers than yourself is alot of fun and probably for me the best part of the game when we succeed.

However, we generally prefer to have even fights atm so we can see how we can improve and see where we go wrong.

S

speshneeds

bleh a whole lot of whine in this thread so forgive me for not bothering to read it all.

Huge grats to eroda, getting rr8 on a wiz deserve some respect imo

gogo eroda! :)

G

Galewyr Dark

ok this is quiet funny, Melachi you really are a laughable type.

You strike me as some johnny come lately who thinks he/she knows everything that there is possible to know about the game.

Now answer me this:-

Have YOU [not your friends or people you know or your cat] played an albion ice wizard?

I expect not, now i have played a friends wizard, a pbae chanter and a sup spirit master [admitidly i didn't play the sm for to long so my views on the SM can be taken with a pinch of salt] of all 3 i can safly say that the wiz was the hardest of the 3.

All casters have to live with brown paper bag armour, they all have to live with ASD spamming nmy's, ok they don't all have to deal with it as its only on certain classes, strange tho how these classes are spread with for mid/hib they are on the most popular/useful classes...as for alb....is it on the sorc body line? theurgist? tbh i can safly say i don't know off hand but i will investigate and come back to you on that.

Moving on lets talk damage output, no chanters energy dmg type, well its one of those dmg types thats used by relativly few classes but its also the most damage on one of the classes, so resists are taken to be MEDIUM-MEDIUM/HIGH for this resist [its being on the cleric and healer aug/enh lines but then how many go high enough to get the 24% one?]

Next up Spiritmasters, well the pbae dd is spirit, other classes that use this dmg type, clerics, theurgists, skalds umm...errr...i think thats about it. Now its on the druid nurt and cleric enh lines again but again how many rvr clerics/druids [not buffbots] go high enough to get the good ones? So i will class this one as a MEDIUM on the resist line.

and finally wizards, pbae dd being cold damage type, other classes using this dmg type, runie, sm, eldy, theurg and the BD dark dds, a widely used dmg type. Now castble resists for this dmg type are on friar [useful, no?] shammy and warden. Now i'm not sure about shammys but i would guess most of them go fairly high aug for the end and the buffs, wardens i think i can safly say will 99% of the time have the final cold buff. So i will class as follows Hib- High-Very High, Mid- Medium/High-High and alb- Low/Medium-Medium.

So the summery of that section.
Resists
Alb Mid Hib
SM Medium N/A Medium
Chanter Medium Medium N/A
Wizard N/A Medium/High Very High

take Low as 1, low-medium 2, medium 3 and so on.
SM has 6, Chanter 6, Wizard 9

Interesting little table that the same kind of table can be done for the other casters in each realm and show quiet interesting results.

Now lets take abilities of each class, not including RAs of each class. I will list all the abilities of a class even if on the lesser used lines.

SM- Instant Dex, Str debuffs [single target], Instant AE Dex,Qui debuff, Magical Resistance Debuffs, Short term AE mezz, Instant ASD [Single target], Instant AE Str/Con Debuff, Res [Gimpy but its still an ability] and finally a melee pet

Wizard- Castable DMG add, Bolts, AE Root, DMG sheild [I kid you not that’s the abilities http://216.15.188.176/spells/A_Wizard.asp ]

Chanter- ASD [Single target], ASD [Area Effect], Elemental Lines resist debuffs, Speed spell, Castable DMG add, DMG shield and finally an assortment of pets.

Ok as shown in the abilities area the SM clearly has the lead with its instant debuffs, magic line resist debuffs, and the ability to debuffs its own Pbae dmg type.
Next up is the chanter with a good selection of instant abilities [ASD] and the ability to debuff its own base DD type. Finaly the wizard has a base dmg add realm targetable which non of the others have, has handy Bolts with the recent change to how dmg was calculated.

So wizard is the loser on the abilities front there and SM the strongest.

Next up available dmg dealing. Well all three have PBAE and conventional DD types, wizard gains the bolts over chanter and SM, but wizard lacks the pets of the other two classes, of which the chanter pets are the better of the two with ranged dmg/interruptions.

Ok lets deal with each class in the different RvR zones now, I’ll deal with only 2, keeps, fg vs fg.

Keeps [My favourite I like keeps...i’m a paladin but I still like keeps]

Ok all three have the conventional Pbae the door trick, but this isn’t very useful due to the spaming of doors by the attacks with AE attacks, dots, dds, debuffs mezz all of which interrupt the pbaer insanely. Ofc they can hang around the climb points and try and kill those pesky assassins, always more effective with a shield tank which is 1 up for the wizard here as there are generally more shield tanks around than mid or hib would have...everyone loves there savages. Theres also shooting from the battlements, but only things that are instant or very quick cast time are of use here due to the instants being thrown around. And finally theres the lord room defences [I like these as a pally much fun] if the attackers are even semi organised they will get a GT setup in the lord room and Pbae is negated pretty effectively, theres always the MOC RA for a quick spam away with.

Open RvR [Not quiet my favourite but still quiet fun with the right people]

Well with a shield tank friend you can rush in and PBAE away and have a reasonably 50/50 chance of surviving and killing a few of the nmy. Theres also the pets that can be sent off to attack the healers/casters of the nmy group to keep them busy. But the main staple is generally the DD with PB DD when the nmy starts to close on you. But if you get the assist train on you, you can more or less kiss your arse goodbye. I’m not gonna write anymore on open rvr as anyone whos actually done rvr will have seen this at work and knows what I am talking about.

Well theres my post, the intention of this post was to show Mr Johnny Come Lately that you can’t just run up to the doors…pbae a bit and then run off, you can’t just run up and pbae in the middle of a group of nmy, you can’t just sit in the lord room and pbae away and rake in the kills. To do this actually requires skill, luck and a good group of people around you who will support you. Then after you have met all those requirements, you have to be lucky and not get the assist train on you, lucky and not get ASD spammed to death, lucky and get to where you need to be, lucky that you don’t get mezzed.

So mr healer chappy hidey at the back and spam ASD away while healing your people.** You go out and play the weakest of 3 classes with the highest resists coming against you, you get RR8, you get respect and admiration of your realm and then...and only then can you come on here and say it takes no skill, and then people may not take you for a complete fool, some newb, some utter unkown person or some disgruntled nmy whos been killed to often.

As for Eroda, I said this on IRC and I shall say it again, Way to go roddy!! Keep up the good name you have made for yourself and do not let fools and idiots slow you down.

-Galewyr, Paladin, Guardians of Power. [Retired]

ps- Apologies for all the typos I am sure there are above

**- I don’t deny this I have no idea what healers do, aside healing and mezz ofc, but hey it was a nice line!

K

Kahland

o m g :D

good reading this :>

I wish i had a rr8 wizzie, i'd just use it for keep def though :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom