Givf more relics :D

B

boni_ofdavoid

I would like to start an open dicsussion about relic raids. Mainly if it is or is not feasable to take a strenght relic, or what happens if we do...

As I see it in the past we havent really tried because holding two relic keeps at once is hard to say the least. Is it really the case in your oppinion that we would risk all if we took a strength relic?

Now we have foundations, every guild should have a teleporter to DC, meaing that the whole ream is never more than a couple of minutes from Dagda.

My feeling is that if we took a strenght relic it might breath a bit of life back into the stagnant keep situation atm, and highlight the weaknesses in some of our opponents fotm groups. To me one of the goals of this game was to play the keep take battle and im kind of disapointed that we have to rest on our achievements (yep i know we have the most relics and thats good, but hell we ARE the best realm after all, we deserve MORE!).

The worst case scenario is that we would get attacked by both realms in sizable numbers at once and be forced to defend just 1 relic keep, but if we concentrate mainly on Dagda as our priority then I think we could at least have some fun with a strength relic if only for a brief time.

All comments welcome...

S

Spamb0t

im sure
my ranger
would love
to try out the
STR RELICS ;DDDDDDD

L

Legolias

Yeah make plans here, I'm sure albs never read this part of BW :D

N

-Nuked-

:rolleyes: i doubt we will start talking about times and dates :D

S

Sichama

Lets get back the STR Relics from Albs....even if it's only to give them back to the Mids, as they seem quite incapable of geting them themselves.

But no more slash inf's with str relics please.

B

boni_ofdavoid

Originally posted by Spamb0t
im sure
my ranger
would love
to try out the
STR RELICS ;DDDDDDD

all stealthers, even the powerfull spellcasting NS would prefer strength relics.

all tanks, get nothing from power relics.

Do power relics affect healing? I dunno.. doubt it swings battles.

The only people who benefit tbh are our PB mages, and half the groups around dont even include them..

So yeah, im sure most of the realm would prefer strenght relics, but ofc this is not what im asking, I dont want to swap our power relics for a strenght relic I want to know if we can be in a sitaution where we have 3 power relics and a swinging strength relic.

B

boni_ofdavoid

Originally posted by old.Tzeentch
:doh:

Go on Tzee, tell us your logic please. A slappy head emoticon is hardly a convincing speech.

B

boni_ofdavoid

No a one url post to another sight wont do either.

Theres nothing of relevence that answeres my questions there that I can find (though please tell me if I missed it), and I want a dicussion here where all alliances and non guilded people can read.

This is not a post to dictate times or places or plan a raid, just a hypothetical discussion about IF it is possible to push our relic advantage further.

L

Lessurl

Originally posted by boni_ofdavoid
Do power relics affect healing?

Yes. :)

And on the topic I think if we did manage to take the strength relics aswell it would make for a few days of hectic realm defence from us as both mids and albs would be attempting to get them back. In the end we'd most likely end up having to make a choice.
Might be a fun few days though. :)

L

Legolias

I doubt we'll be making a choice.

If we get all relics we will lose em all :)

I've witnessed this twice. :clap:

W

wyleia

all stealthers, even the powerfull spellcasting NS would prefer strength relics.

all tanks, get nothing from power relics.

Do power relics affect healing? I dunno.. doubt it swings battles.

The only people who benefit tbh are our PB mages, and half the groups around dont even include them..

So yeah, im sure most of the realm would prefer strenght relics, but ofc this is not what im asking, I dont want to swap our power relics for a strenght relic I want to know if we can be in a sitaution where we have 3 power relics and a swinging strength relic.

Oh my...

Tanks get HEALED by druids who HEAL them for more because we have power relics.. YES they do effect healing bigtime.

Am i really missing something here.. Or am i the only one who has been playing in a mage group lately..

We cannot hold both. EVEN if we all agreed to only defend one, we would have both realms constantly attacking us and a huge zerg could overwhelm us.

Oh, also to that person who said to give bak the str relics to mid... fo.. i live for like 3-4 hits now instead of 1-2 hits from a savage since they lost those relics..

O

old.Nol

The more relics we take, the less relic guards we have, and I am pretty much sure the other 2 realms are thinking exactly the same thing with houses out.

Is this patch the one that forces the guards to stay in the relic keep yet? If not, I would suggest regular patrols of dagda this weekend, 'cos herbal likes to ninja :D

B

boni_ofdavoid

Originally posted by Lessurl
Yes. :)

And on the topic I think if we did manage to take the strength relics aswell it would make for a few days of hectic realm defence from us as both mids and albs would be attempting to get them back. In the end we'd most likely end up having to make a choice.
Might be a fun few days though. :)

Thats my though, thanks for reminding me that heals are affected I though so but wasnt sure. I dont think we could hold the str relics as well, at least not for any decent time, but taking one might be worth it for the fun few days as you say :)

B

boni_ofdavoid

Originally posted by Legolias
I doubt we'll be making a choice.

If we get all relics we will lose em all :)

I've witnessed this twice. :clap:

When was that?
On this server?

I cant remember ever owning all the relics, and I have played here since euro release.

Why should we lose them all?

B

boni_ofdavoid

Originally posted by wyleia

We cannot hold both. EVEN if we all agreed to only defend one, we would have both realms constantly attacking us and a huge zerg could overwhelm us.

Oh, also to that person who said to give bak the str relics to mid... fo.. i live for like 3-4 hits now instead of 1-2 hits from a savage since they lost those relics..

I agree we probably cant hold both. But im not sure that holding more than the power relics makes us that much more vunerable.

Surely right now, albion is in a stronger postion to take our power relics (with their str relics), than if we had some of the str relics too....

players with relics > keep guards?

Oh and I do agree that albion with str relics is better than mid. Was a very nice savage nerf and rvr vs mids feels much more balanced now they aint got them. Im sure stealthers dont agree, but to me savages with str relics > infils with str relics.

L

Legolias

When was that?
On this server?

I cant remember ever owning all the relics, and I have played here since euro release.

Why should we lose them all?

I have played 2 years on US before I came here. I have lv 50's on Kay, Guinevere and Gawaine.

I've witnessed Hibernia having 6 relics on Kay.. they managed that for 3 days then lost all relics due to double teaming from alb/mid, raiding both 24h/7.

I've also seen Albion have all 6 on Gawaine, they managed to hold it for a week, then lost all relics as well due to double RRing from hib/mid.

The problem is that the guards at either RK's become lower lvl, and less guards will pop when you have more relics.

B

boni_ofdavoid

Originally posted by PJS
Ive never had the benifit of str relics :(

hehe, I wonder through the frontier and sometimes point out the crumbly old keep to new guildies when they ask me I say 'lad, years ago before the likes of most of the guilds around today, back before DF and spellcrafting when the world was young once, there where relics there' ;)

B

boni_ofdavoid

Originally posted by shadybrack
agreed

why?

Dont just agree. sit in a corner and slap your head u mong!

Or tell us why...

B

boni_ofdavoid

Originally posted by Legolias

I've also seen Albion have all 6 on Gawaine, they managed to hold it for a week, then lost all relics as well due to double RRing from hib/mid.

The problem is that the guards at either RK's become lower lvl, and less guards will pop when you have more relics.

Ok well said, Im glad someone has the sense to actualy write a decent reply against teh idea.

Double teaming would be harder if we knew as a realm that one was important (Dagda) and the other one was just for fun, to be defended if we can, but not at the cost of power relics. Perhaps not practical, i dunno, thats why I asked here to see if anyone thought it was (esp given our Dagda teleports).

Im not sure how the relic keep guards are effected, and by how much, though I do think that although the guards get weaker the players get stronger..., we would have to rely on guards for alarm clock raids I guess...

Thanks for the first decent reply against the idea.

B

boni_ofdavoid

Originally posted by old.Nol
The more relics we take, the less relic guards we have, and I am pretty much sure the other 2 realms are thinking exactly the same thing with houses out.

Is this patch the one that forces the guards to stay in the relic keep yet? If not, I would suggest regular patrols of dagda this weekend, 'cos herbal likes to ninja :D

Do you know any more about how these two things work? I would be very interested to know. Do the realm guards get really weak?

and yeah ive heard about that guards staying in relic keep thing, heard about taking out inside doors with trebs without aggroing guards n stuff too....

S

saltymcpepper

as long as necro pled infil baf for 12 rps noobs dont have relics, im a happy bunny

L

Legolias

This is what I know about relic keeps in combination with keeps/amount of relics hold:

As far as I know the only guards affected by the number of relics you have are the Master Wizards. If you hold all 6 relics you will have no Master Wizards at all. If you hold 1 or 2 relics you have maximum amount of Wizards.

I am not 100 % sure if the Guards itself will be lower lvl with more relics. What I do know is that per Keep Guard, their lvl is based off the keep's current lvl. I think they are lvl 60(<-- not sure) + the keep lvl. So Dun Scathaig @ lvl 10 will produce a lvl 60(<-- not sure) + 10 relic keep guard. And so forth...

This is what I know I'm sure there are more details to it.

H

<Harle>

You get relic-guards for each keep you have. From each keep you get 6 - (number of owned relics) guards. The level of those guards is directly related to the respective keep-lvl, so not affected by relics.

Users who are viewing this thread