Girl(friend)s and DAoC

Is your gf OK with DAoC?

• I have a girlfriend, she does her best to keep me from playing

Votes: 56 9.2%
  • I have a girlfriend, she tolerates my play but wouldn't like it to go further

Votes: 92 15.2%
  • I have a girlfriend, she's ok with my playing and takes it cool, she knows Im not addicted

Votes: 62 10.2%
  • I have a girlfriend, she couldn't care less if I played or not

Votes: 21 3.5%
  • My girlfriend hates when I play if she's with me

Votes: 42 6.9%
  • My girlfriend plays DAoC herself, we are happy together with each other's ingame time

Votes: 57 9.4%
  • I am single

Votes: 187 30.9%
  • I am a girl, I play and my boyfriend's ok with it

Votes: 44 7.3%
  • Neither of these poll options make sense to me

Votes: 45 7.4%

• Total voters

>.< Pooned

Fledgling Freddie
Dr_Evil said:
32+60+41+9+28+35=205 have a girlfriend
131 single
31 girls with boyfriend
26 neither

Maybe the majority of the single's cba to answer this poll? :p

why a girlfriend? why not 2+ ? xd

thx god my gf doesnt read forums ^^

-PirrO-

Fledgling Freddie
I have a girlfriend, she couldn't care less if I played or not

daway

Leel

Fledgling Freddie
Dr_Evil said:
A guildie of mine isn't allowed on vent, cause his gf thinks he's going mental or something when he starts talking to the computer. :p

Then he shouldn't allow his gf to use the phone either:-P

Windwalka1

Fledgling Freddie
Vipr said:
4) Book her a monthly membership to the local GYM.

lmao if i did that for my gf shed rail at me "are you trying to say im fat?!"

funny none the less
Vipr said:
8) Dont throw her old gossip/trash mags, leave them strategically place on the living room table. trust me they cant resist reading them over and over! ( (particuarlly effective ploy!!)

lmao so true >.< ive been forced to hide them...

TheBinarySurfer

Can't get enough of FH
Arabnisse said:
What does the love of your life (or something like that) think about the simple fact you play DAoC, sometimes with her in the near area, sometimes when she's not around? I mostly play when she's in her place, when Im alone. It's not impossible, however, that for example she sits seated in front of a tv show of her choice which I find no interest in and log onto DAoC instead.

Im certainly sure she's pretty ok with it, as long as I do it when we don't have the opportunity to see each other (she lives way too far from my house to just take a walk and drop by) but when I play when she's around, I could guess myself to that she's more or less cursing it. How's the situation out in foreign Europe? Im so curious! :)
Heres a hint - if she's there theres more fun things to do than daoc...Sure i don't have to draw anyone a diagram...

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
It's all about compromise - if I played daoc constantly and ignored my wife all the time she'd quite rightly be upset even though she plays it avidly herself (I think I have more 50s only if I count Pendragon :p and only because she's got two stuck at level 49). I'd be a bit miffed too if she ignored me for playing daoc

Going out for a nice meal, romantic evening and whatnot as people suggest is a good idea - once in a while, can't do that every night - I'd be broke :p Or going down the pub.

Just because you play daoc together doesn't mean you can't do that though.

There's nothing in the daoc EULA that says "you must spend all of your time on it". Though if you do - don't be surprised if your significant other gets upset. That said they need to appreciate it's your hobby and something you do and accept it or better yet join in. It's no different to anything else - if someone's a football fanatic they'll be rushing off to matches or glued to the telly.

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
>.< Pooned said:
What is more of an addict ?

Freddyshouse?

Daoc ?

the game ?

or the game's forums? xd

time for a Gamahpoll xd

for me, i like the forums more. easier to get ppl to talk here then in the guild/alliance :(

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
TheBinarySurfer said:
Heres a hint - if she's there theres more fun things to do than daoc...

can do both at once ;) just a tad hard to focus on the game *cough*

Saje

Loyal Freddie
my gf is "ok" with me playing, or atleast she says so. But as most of us know women speak in codes so i think shes abit irritated about it:)

Iceforge

Can't get enough of FH
Well, now I am retired and single, but when I played actively and got a GF, I didn't quit or cut down much (some ofc, as I didn't play during our dates)

She didn't complain much through, she was lucky to have catched me in the first place anyway, Im the greatest ;)

Athalas

Fledgling Freddie
I didn't pick an option either as mine isn't listed. I'm married with kids (4 so still have some time avail ;p) and try to play of an evening. I have played at weekends and still do often but it honestly causes problems - some times massive ones.

I've played since release (curse you TBA!!!) and the trouble is DAoC is not exactly a casual game - well I don't think so. And to compete properly requires time which has usually to be taken out from other family orientated activities. My eldest daughter has a char as does my 9yr old - but they get QQ as they just starting playing when they don't get it right.

DAoC is extremely addictive and great fun - but the wife and (especially) kids come first and though I say that, sometimes they don't :( - but I'm getting better (I think?) I try and focus on one toon and certainly it's the only one fully toad and ml'd and has ch5. Although I have 2 active accounts and one innactive.

Wife hates computers and Daoc - :twak: especially computers with a passion. Trouble is I hate TV unless it's a film, which I try to do with the kids and I hate booring extended family blah blah. My work (technical architect) is not over till anywhere from 5pm till 7pm in the office along with extra work from home on occasion. So I end up often playing late at night which is tiring the next day.

In summary - I'm a nerd and rather geeky but it's better than being a chav! You might say get a life - I don't have time!

Rhiem

Fledgling Freddie
I dont got problems with it

She doest got a prob with it , when shes reading one of her 1000 books , then i play daoc and she doesnt mind at all , sometimes she even comes and watch me playing . ( not longer then ten mins thouhg :p )

Gamah

Banned
Athalas said:
I didn't pick an option either as mine isn't listed. I'm married with kids (4 so still have some time avail ;p) and try to play of an evening. I have played at weekends and still do often but it honestly causes problems - some times massive ones.

I've played since release (curse you TBA!!!) and the trouble is DAoC is not exactly a casual game - well I don't think so. And to compete properly requires time which has usually to be taken out from other family orientated activities. My eldest daughter has a char as does my 9yr old - but they get QQ as they just starting playing when they don't get it right.

DAoC is extremely addictive and great fun - but the wife and (especially) kids come first and though I say that, sometimes they don't :( - but I'm getting better (I think?) I try and focus on one toon and certainly it's the only one fully toad and ml'd and has ch5. Although I have 2 active accounts and one innactive.

Wife hates computers and Daoc - :twak: especially computers with a passion. Trouble is I hate TV unless it's a film, which I try to do with the kids and I hate booring extended family blah blah. My work (technical architect) is not over till anywhere from 5pm till 7pm in the office along with extra work from home on occasion. So I end up often playing late at night which is tiring the next day.

In summary - I'm a nerd and rather geeky but it's better than being a chav! You might say get a life - I don't have time!

I think you need to sort your priorites.

Draypor

Fledgling Freddie
i have gf and shes pretty cool with it :)

if she moans...... i just send her to the kitchen :drink:

Athalas

Fledgling Freddie
Draypor said:
i have gf and shes pretty cool with it :)

if she moans...... i just send her to the kitchen :drink:

Wot? you let her out of the kitchen? :eek7:

/em hides

Rate

One of Freddy's beloved
1# this is why u ditch the bitch and get lovers
2# its scientificly proved, that a computer player playing a game is 10 times more entertained than a person on cocain in disco(if u've tried that u kno' its fun)

Gamah

Banned
Manisch Depressiv said:
33% single, 100% of them prolly never touched a gf/bf :O. Explains a lot :p.

They can't all be an uberstud like you.

pinkey

Fledgling Freddie
I am a girl, i only started playing daoc when i got with zeus as he use to make me take his characters on mls when he was at work, have been addicted ever since and tbh its usually him telling me i spend too much time on it.

Cromcruaich

Can't get enough of FH
pinkey said:
I am a girl, i only started playing daoc when i got with zeus as he use to make me take his characters on mls when he was at work, have been addicted ever since and tbh its usually him telling me i spend too much time on it.

Still seeing Zeus, or single now?

Elthyr

Fledgling Freddie
I'm a girl. My BF & I actually met in Ultima Online, then moved on to DAoC together, then Star Wars Galaxies, then EQII, then Star Wars Galaxies again, then WoW, and now back to DAoC again, so I guess you could say we're ok with each other playing ;)

Jerelyn

One of Freddy's beloved
pinkey said:
That sounds like my bf :p

at the beginning of our relationship, 4½ years ago:

him: "Oh but hunnie there's a relic raid and my alliance really need my shield! *whine*"
me: "okay well i'll just read a book then, have fun! :) "

now its more like:

Me: "WHEE!!! Ding 50 on alt #toomany!! now i can start templating :D"
him: "grats! now i'll go visit my sister, cause you're just playing anyways."

:twak:

and thank GOD that the BF is not one of those football idiots! then i'd go mental!

-Jerelyn

Wazowski

Fledgling Freddie
Well, as many said... gf+ daoc works perfect aslong as they dont notice it that much.. i never play when gf is around.. better to keep it that way...

PIRelli

Fledgling Freddie
Am lucky, my Gf does not mind me playing as she has always known that I am a game addict (was playing SWG when we met).

It means that I dont have to watch Eastenders, Coronation Street etc..

Though she does gets mightily pissed off when I smash the keyboard in frustration at something.

The one thing i dont do is lock myself in a darkened room, I play downstairs so we can at least talk/converse (or shout for cups of tea) if we need too. Everybody has there addictions, strengths weaknesses etc.. Being happy and strong in a relationship means that you have to accept/understand each others eccentricities. IMO.

buffswithlove

Loyal Freddie
ok all who voted im girl and play and is really girl. u can call me
0700 MrLovaLova - only 10£/min

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom