Girl(friend)s and DAoC

Is your gf OK with DAoC?

• I have a girlfriend, she does her best to keep me from playing

Votes: 56 9.2%
  • I have a girlfriend, she tolerates my play but wouldn't like it to go further

Votes: 92 15.2%
  • I have a girlfriend, she's ok with my playing and takes it cool, she knows Im not addicted

Votes: 62 10.2%
  • I have a girlfriend, she couldn't care less if I played or not

Votes: 21 3.5%
  • My girlfriend hates when I play if she's with me

Votes: 42 6.9%
  • My girlfriend plays DAoC herself, we are happy together with each other's ingame time

Votes: 57 9.4%
  • I am single

Votes: 187 30.9%
  • I am a girl, I play and my boyfriend's ok with it

Votes: 44 7.3%
  • Neither of these poll options make sense to me

Votes: 45 7.4%

• Total voters

Arabnisse

Fledgling Freddie
What does the love of your life (or something like that) think about the simple fact you play DAoC, sometimes with her in the near area, sometimes when she's not around? I mostly play when she's in her place, when Im alone. It's not impossible, however, that for example she sits seated in front of a tv show of her choice which I find no interest in and log onto DAoC instead.

Im certainly sure she's pretty ok with it, as long as I do it when we don't have the opportunity to see each other (she lives way too far from my house to just take a walk and drop by) but when I play when she's around, I could guess myself to that she's more or less cursing it. How's the situation out in foreign Europe? Im so curious! :)

>.< Pooned

Fledgling Freddie
Daoc + gf is a bit hard and if u accompolish that its not at its best moments

so

/retire ftw !!11oneone

Phule_Gubben

Fledgling Freddie
Me and my missus been playing since march 2002, we still enjoy it very much but we don't play as much as we used to do.

Infanity

Can't get enough of FH
I play daoc and my gf has fuck all clue what i do when i go home from work. Got alot of time for her over the game - Irl > Games after all :]

Coldbeard

Part of the furniture
Infanity said:
I play daoc and my gf has fuck all clue what i do when i go home from work. Got alot of time for her over the game - Irl > Games after all :]

Pff, irl is overrated! :D

MesS°

One of Freddy's beloved
My ExGirlfriend was ok with it.
She must have been anyway, since we are married now.

She played DAoC for a few years with me, but got tried of it, so now its only me again. :)

Gamah

Banned
Mine doesn't really see me play it. She knows about it but never sees it, and she doesn't know about my FH life!

>.< Pooned

Fledgling Freddie
Gamah said:
Mine doesn't really see me play it. She knows about it but never sees it, and she doesn't know about my FH life!

What is more of an addict ?

Freddyshouse?

Daoc ?

the game ?

or the game's forums? xd

time for a Gamahpoll xd

Slayn

Loyal Freddie
Did the first response. This is due to the lack of 'My girlfriend has never heard of 'DAoC', and I would not let her know in a million years'.

I've always kept gaming life separate from real life, not sure entirely why. I guess because absolutely no one I know is remotely into MMO's etc. Would get a lot of weird looks were ppl to know the real extent of my involvement! ^^

Cloudz

Fledgling Freddie
Slayn said:
Did the first response. This is due to the lack of 'My girlfriend has never heard of 'DAoC', and I would not let her know in a million years'.

I've always kept gaming life separate from real life, not sure entirely why. I guess because absolutely no one I know is remotely into MMO's etc. Would get a lot of weird looks were ppl to know the real extent of my involvement! ^^

pretty much the same as me, she knows i play the odd game when bored, but thats it.

Bahumat

FH is my second home
My GF knows i play games but i'd never play when she's around, to be fair its a fun game but i'd much rather spend time with her.

old.Whoodoo

Can't get enough of FH
My GF is fine with DAoC, its ventrilo shes got a problem with, and my ever increasing volume shouting "EAT COCK PASTE YOU ALB SCUM!", "BACK HOME CHAV!!!" and "AVE EEEEEEETTTTT!!" or laffing along with my guild m8s while pwning 2d mobs.... cant say I blame her.

Gamah

Banned
yeah I keep gaming seperate from RL! and seen as my name isn't gamah irl!1 I can keep it that way :)

jocelynn

Fledgling Freddie
Elisabeth said:
Why is there only 1 option to vote on for women who have a relationship?

You have a fair point here really ;) I doubt that enough women will vote, however, to get a good picture of women playing this game...

My partner and I both play, although my boyfriend only casualy plays this. He doesn't mind that I play but quite often he wishes I wasn't on it so much. He hates vent and gets quite pissed off when I'm on it alot too. Really you have to take a night off every so often and spend some quality time with each other, after all it's only a game (hint- stop making poles and give her a much deserved foot rub you worms!!! ;) )

Dr_Evil

Fledgling Freddie
old.Whoodoo said:
My GF is fine with DAoC, its ventrilo shes got a problem with, and my ever increasing volume shouting "EAT COCK PASTE YOU ALB SCUM!", "BACK HOME CHAV!!!" and "AVE EEEEEEETTTTT!!" or laffing along with my guild m8s while pwning 2d mobs.... cant say I blame her.
A guildie of mine isn't allowed on vent, cause his gf thinks he's going mental or something when he starts talking to the computer. :p

Varna

Fledgling Freddie
I don't mind using Vent/TS, however sometimes you feel like using headset becuase everyother word is '**** this', '**** that'.

Aeris

Fledgling Freddie
my fiance plays DAoC, but she still moans when i play too late :p

Thlauni

Fledgling Freddie
Well I just got married to my girlfriend (lucky call right!), and she really hates it when I play. Feels I should go and do something more backbone building. However, after quite some discussions on this topic, she also realized that her time with ladies magazines, tv and whatnot, had pretty much the same purpose.

She still hates it, and we have rows, when I
A) suddenly plays a lot over a longer period of time
B) when I participate in any longer runnning raids with her at home.

Main problem she has is my lack of availability, if I read a book she can come and disturb me, even though I hate it, it is easier for me to lay down then book, than to suddenly disengage from a running battle somewhere.

Nyssa

Fledgling Freddie
She's ok with me playing, but I'm very carefull about when I play. I never start until she decides to do something of which she knows I don't like doing. So if she starts reading her magazines, or starts cooking or whatever, I might go online. But not always, I might watch some tv instead intentionally so she wouldn't think "there he goes again" :)

I NEVER use vent or TS when she's in the room. She's still with me in the same room so even though we're both doing different things, that does not mean we can't talk to each other! (even though she sometimes has to wait a lil bit before I realise she asked a question :p )

The only thing she probably has some issues with, is that I start playing when she goes to bed. So we don't often go to sleep together. I'm ok with this, I mean, when you go to sleep (TO SLEEP!!) you just close your eyes and forget about each other anyway :s So I use that time to play for 1:30 to 2 hours.

I don't plan to join raids much (almost never), but when I do, I tell her WAAAAAAAAY in advance, so she has time to plan her own thing, if she wants to.

MaCaBr3

Banned
Based on the results of this thread I can safely say that most of us are big fat nerds who can't get layed :(

Ethropic

Fledgling Freddie
Now a days she's fine with me playing. Like someone said, you have to be smart about it. Every man who lives with a woman knows that as long as she thinks her needs come first we are able to get away with almost anything! :)

Så keep the house clean, give her lots of love and affection every second you are not playing daoc! Works for me anyhow!

DavidH

Part of the furniture
Where's the "I have a girlfriend and none of us play DAoC"? :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom