Politics General Election 2017

If the General Election was today, how would you vote?

• Conservative

Votes: 19 35.2%
  • Labour

Votes: 15 27.8%
  • Liberal Democrat

Votes: 10 18.5%
  • Ukip

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Green

Votes: 5 9.3%
  • SNP

Votes: 3 5.6%
  • Other

Votes: 2 3.7%

• Total voters

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
My god you are simple, possibly in the biblical sense.

Labour cannot bin corbyn and wheel in someone like David Miliband, who could actually help them weather the storm, not win much in the short term but a good platform to start off with. Not while that feckless 1930s throwback is around.

With corbyn they are facing extinction in the house of commons.

Do you need it in gender neutral pastel crayons, picture form?

Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
Turkeys voting for christmas pretty well sums up the Unite vote, he won't save them from jack shit, the entire country has had enough of him trying to bring back the 70s.

At least it's a good balance against the upcoming tory steamtrain, but just not him please, he's a fucking liability.

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
Labour has made their bed, they should try to do what they can with that bed.

Even if that means old Len being in charge, as you correctly say @Raven it's far too late for Labour to wheel in David Milliband; so perhaps it would be better if old Len was bossman so it meant that Labour and one of the biggest unions were reading from the same page for the next election. Even if the anti-Corbyn bloke got voted in, I doubt he would be able to change Corbyn's ideas on many issues, and would just cause conflict, not compromise.

As for your last part, bet you're upset the Nazi party is banned in the UK eh?

Job

I have a feeling this is going to backfire on May and we could see a cameron/brexit disaster for the tories.

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
Lets go back further to hung drawn and quartered. And sticking peoples heads on bridges or something.

Job

There is a hint if truth in her approach to lgbt..it would be nice after everyone accepts gender spectrum and it becomes the norm, for it to go to being your own business rather than a 'community'.

Hawkwind

FH is my second home
They'll just ditch Corbyn, copy popular Tory policies under the guise of 'New Start'..Labour is listening, the people are asking for a more
modern labour'..spin bullshit that just repeats, like the endless mindless prattle from football managers , players and pundits.
Otherwise known as the Blair resurrection spell

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
Every time I see War Criminal Blair say something, all I can think of is this

Job

I know..if only we could be as amazing as Poland..Greece..France..Spain..Italy. Holland...tbh fuck it just look up every EU country except Germany.

bainteor

Banned
I know..if only we could be as amazing as Poland..Greece..France..Spain..Italy. Holland...tbh fuck it just look up every EU country except Germany.

Irrespective of the debilitating political, economic and social repercussions of Brexit, the reckless bravado with which the British people have conducted this affair is startling. This blustering, jingoistic, obstinate, faux-patriotic rejection of liberal European values and solidarity, too sacred and nuanced to be understood by the British. Who will you turn to now? Trump's America, China, Sudan ... what joyous, esteemed company to frantically stumble into!

Job

It was going well until you mentioned solidarity.
To sacred and nuanced...seriously...we have been and still will be utterly intwined in European culture and history...

Job

Fallons going down, they have him squirming on his christian anti gay views.
You couldnt make it up...Libdem leader is actually religious bigot.

Hawkwind

FH is my second home
Irrespective of the debilitating political, economic and social repercussions of Brexit, the reckless bravado with which the British people have conducted this affair is startling. This blustering, jingoistic, obstinate, faux-patriotic rejection of liberal European values and solidarity, too sacred and nuanced to be understood by the British. Who will you turn to now? Trump's America, China, Sudan ... what joyous, esteemed company to frantically stumble into!

It's soap box utter shit like this that caused the problem in the first place, the whole you're not with me so you're wrong brigade! People are fed up with hearing they can't have an opinion because it's not in line with the Liberal ethos and SJ viewpoint. The one view is correct snowflake liberalism. Which, as seen recently in USA campuses is practically bordering on fascism. The same faux-patriotic rejection of liberal European values that a large portion France is keen on (Le Pen)...

I'm pro Europe and hate the fact that the Brexit vote won. I was however totally in favour of reducing the EU's say in the UK Legal system. Toning down some of the more ludicrous human rights laws which were being totally abused. Either way the UK voted democratically and that's that. Trying to shame everyone in UK with rhetoric like yours only enforces the view that we are different and that a split is a better idea than I first thought.

old.user4556

Has a sexy sister. I am also a Bodhi wannabee.
It's soap box utter shit like this that caused the problem in the first place, the whole you're not with me so you're wrong brigade! People are fed up with hearing they can't have an opinion because it's not in line with the Liberal ethos and SJ viewpoint. The one view is correct snowflake liberalism. Which, as seen recently in USA campuses is practically bordering on fascism. The same faux-patriotic rejection of liberal European values that a large portion France is keen on (Le Pen)...

I'm pro Europe and hate the fact that the Brexit vote won. I was however totally in favour of reducing the EU's say in the UK Legal system. Toning down some of the more ludicrous human rights laws which were being totally abused. Either way the UK voted democratically and that's that. Trying to shame everyone in UK with rhetoric like yours only enforces the view that we are different and that a split is a better idea than I first thought.

Don't rise to him, he's a penis.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
Its just some weird French guy who's shorts are waaaay too tight.

Bodhi

Once agreed with Scouse and a LibDem at same time

Ah that age old debating tactic that has been shown to change people's minds over and over again - calling people you disagree with idiots.

bainteor

Banned
Hawkwind. You, and I imagine the majority of those who voted for Brexit, are divorced from reality. What an utterly contemptible post.

Hawkwind said:
It's soap box utter shit like this that caused the problem in the first place, the whole you're not with me so you're wrong brigade! People are fed up with hearing they can't have an opinion because it's not in line with the Liberal ethos and SJ viewpoint.

This is because you dislike the truth. You cannot bear the thought that your problems are caused by YOUR OWN government, who YOU elected, and not some 'Johnny-foreigner' in Brussels. You are too proud to admit that Brexit will be an economic disaster for the UK. You read trash newspapers, are fed lies about immigrants (and the EU's part in immigration) and it gives you a scapegoat. A scapegoat onto which you can project your own insecurities, your bilious hostility at a globalising world, your frustration at the state of your own country. And yet you have been fooled once again, fooled to place the blame of all your ills on anyone but yourself, your own choices, your own country. To vote for Brexit out of petulance. How sad.

Hawkwind said:
The same faux-patriotic rejection of liberal European values that a large portion France is keen on (Le Pen)...

You clearly know nothing about French politics.

Hawkwind said:

Your little disclaimer about being 'pro-European' does not detract from the absurdity of what you write. What aspects of the EU's 'interference', if you can call it that, has had a negative impact on the British people? Workers rights, holiday pay and many other safeguards that you evidently take for granted have come from the EU. And your wish to abolish human rights? What a despicable thing to say.

I am not trying to shame anyone. You have done an admirable job of shaming and humiliating yourself. You have turned your back on friends, economic security and solidarity in exchange for fallacious dreams of a Colonial Britain, a time-warped, mutated vision of a past that never was. To willingly embrace the quixotic bitterness of regression rather than progress with humility, as part of something greater ... It is risible.

Let me tell you this. Perhaps you are not mature or old enough to understand it, but I think it is a lesson in life that you need to know, and I hope you will look back on this with fondness. Not everyone's opinion is equal. I am a well learned man. I have read the works of Cicero and Hobbes this week alone. I am inquisitive. I am fiercely intelligent. I believe in scrutiny and scepticism. I read extensively on the subject of Brexit, including papers from peer-reviewed scientific journals. I came to the conclusion that it was a bad decision. I am not even British. Did you give as much thought into your own vote?

I am sorry if I offend you, but actually I find your post deeply offensive. This lack of knowledge and celebration of ignorance is unforgivable, especially in times like these.

I despair. I really do. Please do not bother replying, I have no desire to argue further. Goodbye.

bainteor

Banned
Ah that age old debating tactic that has been shown to change people's minds over and over again - calling people you disagree with idiots.

Care to attempt to prove me wrong? Or are you too intimidated?

Bodhi

Once agreed with Scouse and a LibDem at same time
Care to attempt to prove me wrong? Or are you too intimidated?

To be honest, when people go to such lengths to prove that they are an enormous bellend, I tend to leave them to it.

bainteor

Banned
To be honest, when people go to such lengths to prove that they are an enormous bellend, I tend to leave them to it.

You must think of yourself as some sort of comedian. Let me tell you, I have been on this forum longer than you, and replies like yours are very typical to posts of mine. So, rather than see your post as a glibly humorous derision of my personality, as I am sure you are trying to portray it as, I see it for what it is; a spasm of evasive twaddle that attempts to conceal your vast ignorance. In that respect, you are no different to the majority of other forum members. Run along now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom