Game shops have in stock - but won't sell

O

old.job

Game? , do you hire pompus pricks for managers as a matter of course, the manager of my local store, Liverpool, treated me like a bank robber trying to cheat him out of his copy of SI.
No matter what I said about contacting his head office twice, and that everyone was selling it and if he just picked up the phone, he had, he said and they told him not to sell!!!!!!!!

Goose well and truly cooked I'm afraid.

It would now be against my principles to give that shop one more penny of my custom.
I have bought every new console out from that store, well the store it used to be as well, and every console game I have comes from there, that has now ceased , picking up GAMECUBE/GAMEBOY ADVANCE from Toys r us.

T

tris-

middlesbrough store wont sell it. told them to phone head office to check and he said no im not phoning anybody, if there is information then they should be phoning me.

cunts.

edit: phoned customer service and they told me to fuck off its not out till friday either :eek:

R

Reverant Mezz

i've had countless numbers of times where i've been around town looking for when a particular game hits the self first and to hear the usually "we wont sell unless someone else does" crap..

what theyre doing only hurts their business because they are loosing money from not selling to u and then they will loose ppl's custom due to them being slower to release the titles

O

old.job

Well done Game, the public relations coup of the century, it's not that I'm blaming the head office, it was a bit late the release date change, but it has exposed the lack of communication between the branches and the quality of the management in the stores.

K

Kieron

Till messages sent to all stores

There shouldn't be any problem with buying the title in a GAME store today.

The publishers were still insisting on a Friday release date on Monday and stock was received late on Tuesday for dispatch to stores/web.

We have a contract with the publisher to stick to the street date - or they can take action against us (e.g. not supply new titles), and how important this is, is drummed into the stores, hence their reluctance to sell.

What fell down was the communication of the last minute revised street date of Wednesday - we instigated ring rounds and last night a till message. Appologies to anyone who couldn't buy one yesterday - despite our best efforts to get the message out.

All online orders were sent out yesterday and Royal Mail/Lynx permitting should arrive this morning.

All the best

Kieron
Head of Online Ops

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom