Game shops have in stock - but won't sell

I

ironclaw

Game shops now have in stock, but refuce to sell until Friday unless someone else sells within 5 miles of them!

M

matax

Tell them that the Amazon depot is within a 5 mile radius and they are despatching :)

I

ironclaw

I did - and they said that Amazon send from abroad, and they know rest of EU has today - but FK off unless someone else starts selling.

F

Flimgoblin

I don't see any airmail on my amazon package...

T

tripitaka

game not selling yet.

by law they shouldn't sell until friday. end of story. see thread entitled 'Did you preorder SI from www.Game.uk.com? '

K

Kharok Svark

Find someone who got the game from Amazon, ask them to walk past a game shop with their copy of SI, saying they had just bought it down the road ...

... once the flood gates open, all the shops will be selling to keep up with eachother ...

T

tripitaka

stocks of SI

you mean all shops will be getting copies in ? ;) oh ok, maybe for one week, with no re-orders ...

S

Stonebits

Well Im going to pop down Oxford street after work....

See if between Vigin Megastore, Game and HMV I can blag a copy before Friday..... :merlin:

I

inqy

I tried to blag a copy at game. he was all set to phone the company I mentioned selling it (amusingly pcworld). I said not to worry I'd buy it there and left sharpish :p

M

matax

I wouldn't worry, with the state of the servers/patching, they won't be up until Friday and then the subscription page will go down 'til after the weekend so you won't be able to register your copy of SI either ;)

X

Xtro

smoke a spliff while you wait, by the time you get to play SI you'll have eaten 47 kit kats and be chilled.

M

mib666

Re: game not selling yet.

Originally posted by tripitaka
by law they shouldn't sell until friday. end of story. see thread entitled 'Did you preorder SI from www.Game.uk.com? '

What law states they cant release it?

C

Cap'n Sissyfoo

It may be a bit extreme, but if you are really desperate I have a band of deadly assassin ninja warriors ready to zerg any shop that refuses to sell me the game. I can loan them out for a fair price and all of your uber itamz in-game! :D

GOD I AM SO BOOOOOOORED!

D

devlin-pryd

GAME - that shop...

the Official UK Release Date has been changed to the 19th, so give them a call again and demand it

And if they argue, tell them that I actually found this out from their own website lol

0870 750 2743 is the number for their website if they really wanna check.

Myself, I still havge no confirmation from Amazon of mine being dispatched... gonna pester them later if it isn't there when I get home.

From Amazon.co.uk:

Dark Age of Camelot: Shrouded Isles

Usually dispatched within 24 hours
Platform: Windows 98, Windows 2000, Windows Me, Windows XP
Wanadoo
Video Game - 19 February, 2003 <--- Release date.

W

-Wedge-

There's no 'release date law' :p

The only thing that could possibly stop them would be a contract with a game supplier which states they should keep themselves on track with release dates...

Law doesnt have a lot to do with it, other then a breach of contract ... Also, it would be hard to check if a game was sold before the release date, if you do not substract it from your 'stock ' (in the computer) until friday, there's absolutely no way to check...

M

mirieth

Originally posted by Xtro
smoke a spliff while you wait, by the time you get to play SI you'll have eaten 47 kit kats and be chilled.

i d i o t

M

mib666

Eeeek Game have increased the price? It was 19.99 then 16.99.

Please check that the contents of your shopping basket are correct, confirm your method of shipping and then head to our secure checkout to complete your order.

Orders received at GAME before 2pm (Mon to Fri) for immediately available product will normally be shipped that day!

Qty Description Available Price

Dark Age of Camelot Shrouded Isles - Expansion Pack [ PC ] [ Immediate ] £19.99

Total £19.99
[ UK ] Express - 1 business day* (Mon to Fri) [ UK ] Standard (Royal Mail) - 2 business days [ EU ] ROI (Eire) 3 - 5 business days DELIVERY £4.95
Check this box if you would you like to gift-wrap your order
[This costs just £2 per item and you can choose a pattern when you checkout]
GRAND TOTAL £24.94

In checking out you are confirming that you have read and agree to our Terms and Conditions of sale. Further, if your shopping basket contains BBFC age rated / certified titles, you are confirming that you are of legal age to purchase them.

O

old.job

Yeah, I rang the Game customer services, they said yup, tell them to ring us, so I did, but manager of local shop said no way , he's not selling unless someone else in the town does ???
Eh what kind of supplier contract is that?

Yeah sure mate , I wont sell it till Friday, well.. unless someone else does of course :rolleyes:

Bastards!!!!!! of course game prob won't be working till then anyway.

O

old.Tohtori

Originally posted by -Wedge-
There's no 'release date law' :p

The only thing that could possibly stop them would be a contract with a game supplier which states they should keep themselves on track with release dates...

It's not about if "We could sell them...."

But about "We won't sell them."

It's like a bank. If you would get away with robbing it, it would still be illegal.

With stores it's the contract. If they breach it, and someone DID find out about it, there would be hell to pay, in some cases tens of thousands in fine, no more games from a particular producer and so forth.

And to top it off, the release date is there also to protect the customer, making sure with final tests that the things out there are infact complete and not missing something.

X

Xtro

Originally posted by mirieth

i d i o t

*giggles*

I take it by your tone you don't often relax with the blessed weed. Mind you thats me being presumptious, and you should never be presumptious over the net.

Have some love *sprinkles flowers and petals over mirieth*

T

TedTheDog

GAME STores will now sell SI

I asked our head of operations to look at this, and he tells me that all stores can now sell the game (yes, as a direct result of this thread, and the fact that so many others are already shipping it).

There hundreds of stores and it takes time to get the message across, so if your local store wont sell it, let me know ( tedthedog@barrysworld.com ) and I'll see what I can do.

S

Skaven

Re: GAME STores will now sell SI

Originally posted by TedTheDog
I asked our head of operations to look at this, and he tells me that all stores can now sell the game (yes, as a direct result of this thread, and the fact that so many others are already shipping it).

There hundreds of stores and it takes time to get the message across, so if your local store wont sell it, let me know ( tedthedog@barrysworld.com ) and I'll see what I can do.

Consdering its not looking likely that the server will be sorted anytime before tommorrow/this evening I think i'll wait till friday.
Like I said in a previous thread - 2 days aint that long to wait.. is it?

M

moo_work

why didnt people preorder from amazon ?

i preordered 3 weeks ago, £18 and it came this morning in the post (wed 19th)

M

mirieth

Originally posted by Xtro

*giggles*

I take it by your tone you don't often relax with the blessed weed. Mind you thats me being presumptious, and you should never be presumptious over the net.

Have some love *sprinkles flowers and petals over mirieth*

No, I don't. Because I'm not an idiot. Grow up.

W

Whoodoo_RD

Just spoken to my local Game, and they too have the copies, but unless head office say so, they aint giving :(

Hope you get my mail Ted, but would be good if we could have some point of contact to give the shops to get this, saving you some typing and phone calls :)

M

mib666

Hmm, I doubt any Game stores even have stock. I have phoned over 16 Game stores now in and around Berkshire not one of them had it in stock and most were unsure if they would have it for sale by Friday. About a third of them hadn't heard of it(strangely enough only when the phone was answered by a girl!)

T

TedTheDog

Yep, got your email (and another from someone else about Wigan) and I've forwarded both to the head of Operations here.

V

VidX

Originally posted by devlin-pryd
GAME - that shop...

the Official UK Release Date has been changed to the 19th, so give them a call again and demand it

And if they argue, tell them that I actually found this out from their own website lol

0870 750 2743 is the number for their website if they really wanna check.

Myself, I still havge no confirmation from Amazon of mine being dispatched... gonna pester them later if it isn't there when I get home.

From Amazon.co.uk:

Dark Age of Camelot: Shrouded Isles

Usually dispatched within 24 hours
Platform: Windows 98, Windows 2000, Windows Me, Windows XP
Wanadoo
Video Game - 19 February, 2003 <--- Release date.

Bah!

Dev stole my post!

Oi!

/bitchslap

M

mib666

Originally posted by old.Tohtori

It's not about if "We could sell them...."

But about "We won't sell them."

It's like a bank. If you would get away with robbing it, it would still be illegal.

With stores it's the contract. If they breach it, and someone DID find out about it, there would be hell to pay, in some cases tens of thousands in fine, no more games from a particular producer and so forth.

And to top it off, the release date is there also to protect the customer, making sure with final tests that the things out there are infact complete and not missing something.

Official release date is 19th Feb 2003

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom