Game shops have in stock - but won't sell

C

CliffyG

The manager at my local phoned me back and im gonna go pick it up in a few minutes :).

X

Xtro

Can anyone in the UK tell me how much the daoc/SI bundle is selling for in GAME please?

Its £17.99 on play but I might pop down and get a copy tonight from GAME.

Cheers

M

mirieth

No idea. Because the bastids in Stratford-Upon-Avon told me to come back on Friday :(

R

Rollie_David

the leicester GAME store had that bundle dunno what price was though

K

knobby

DAOC / SI Bundle

Its £29.99 for the bundle pack m8 but really limited stocks and u get some cool maps included

X

Xtro

Thanks a lot guys.

mirieth sorry to hear :(

Blimey though 30 quid and 18 in play ....harsh.

/checks bills....thinks about living on bread and water til pay day.

O

offalthwaite

Game in Wrexham, Chester, Shrewsbury, "REFUSE" to be trend setters, and will be following a trend, if and when other retailers in those areas decide to release prior 21st. Even when presented with the oppotunity to review the release date, the snivelling little twats, with their noses so far up their jobs arse, stand firm with pre-scripted pre release date nonesense.
Shame that Game own the gaming retail monopoly in these backwaters.

Nonetheless, http://www.planetquake.com/cor/codered/ is a worthy timefiller. Stand alone mod heavan

N

Nalikin

Originally posted by old.job
Good response and thanks TED............ but really this should have been sorted out, don't you think.
By the way Game customer services, still say I can't have it till Thursday, I will ignore this and camp the store tonight.
And while I'm on, HMV have a MUCH better selection of games than Game, including all the EQ discs for 25 quid.
I wandered into Game then visited HMV, the difference was unbelievable, they even had DAOC!!!

well i pre-ordered from HMV , only to be told its £29.99 and thats not listed as the bundle package , so if they think i'm paying that just for the expansion they can go ********** . I'll go get it from game instead

A

Apathy

Same problem with Walsall GAME. (No, I do not live in Walsall. It is the nearest GAME!)

Emailed Ted (Really appreciate any help.) so maybe I will get a copy today. I already have a copy coming from play.com but I need two copies anyway. :p

GIIIIIIIIIIIIIIVE!

a.

K

Karl [DAOC]

D

One of the wonders of eworking for game! :D

lovingly lookling at my copy of SI right now...

btw a release date breake you can not get into trouble with the law for, just screw up your contract, wollworths screwed up thir contract for Geaway by breaking the release date, sony just didnt send em more.

J

Jonathan Kemper

I have SI!!!!

I ordered from my local computer shop in the village i live in and they rung me today to say was in. now just waitin for GOA to fix the cock-up they made .

K

kitsune

I have also had the same problem with the Stratford Upon Avon Store. which refused point blank to sell one to me. Even thou i tried to point out the release date had been changed, and it was on the website.

i have sent and email to Tedthedog in the hope that his kind offer can sort this out for us.

thank you Ted for offering in the first place although

S

Scutter Bob

here's what u need to do (as advised by GAME customer services)

it works, I bought my copy from GAME today :D

if they refuse sayin not released till Friday, tell them to contact the buying department (who have been told to contact all GAME stores saying it's ok to release it today)

K

kitsune

I Did tell them that, but the manager just said until HO contacted THEM they where NOT going to sell them before friday.

It was that attiude of
'no i'm not going to even check' that was the most rileing

M

mirieth

Originally posted by kitsune
I have also had the same problem with the Stratford Upon Avon Store. which refused point blank to sell one to me. Even thou i tried to point out the release date had been changed, and it was on the website.

i have sent and email to Tedthedog in the hope that his kind offer can sort this out for us.

thank you Ted for offering in the first place although

Big up the Warwickshire daoc community :p

Going to try again tomorrow...

M

mib666

Yipee now im very very happy!!! not only that, they are using the same carrier as OCUK, a double whammy of new PC to assemble and game to install :)

Welcome to game.uk.com order tracking

Enter your order number and surname into the boxes below and hit 'go' to track down your order.

Order number
Surname

Order Tracking
Your order has been dispatched via Lynx Express on 19 February 2003.
Lynx consignment number: 172718***
Click on this link to estimate due date.

Previous Statuses:
Your order has been received and is currently awaiting authorisation or release.

Your credit/ debit card has been authorised and your order is now being released for processing.
Funds will not be debited until your order is shipped.

Your order is currently being picked and packed.

Need further help or assistance? Checkout our delivery FAQ's, Email customerservices@game.uk.com or call 0870 750 2743 (*National rate) .

K

Kieron

Stratford-Upon-Avon GAME store

Have been phoned twice :) so should sell you a copy of DAOC, sorry you've been mucked about.

All the best

Kieron
Head of Online Ops

K

kitsune

OK good news to our SOA shop users.

You can now get it from them. i call to customer support and possibly what tedthedog has done. and as i walked in the manager put a copy on the counter for me.

so you should be ok to get yours now

K

kitsune

Thank you dystopia for your work , i missed your post before i sent mine.

and thank you to lara at customer support too.

G

Gamah

God damn it...i wish ebay would stop sending me spam mail!

B

B3rt4old

Well i cancled my order from game today as their attidue was its ur fault you didnt use amazon.
when i said amazon delivered theirs today....

so i decided to never use GAME again and advise anyone else not to bother there idiots who dont give a crap about the gamer who may i note pay their wages!!!

M

mib666

Originally posted by knighty101
Well i cancled my order from game today as their attidue was its ur fault you didnt use amazon.
when i said amazon delivered theirs today....

so i decided to never use GAME again and advise anyone else not to bother there idiots who dont give a crap about the gamer who may i note pay their wages!!!

I wouldnt upset him either, 6'5 and 16 stone

nuff said

O

old.pala hellraiser

Well good news :) for once. Went into Leeds walked into GAME store it wasnt on the shelf so I asked the guy if he had it and 'yeah, we have it but aint out till Friday', 'No you dont understand the release date has been brought forward to today', so he looks in his book, 'err no it says Friday here sorry', 'Yes but the release date is today', luckily his mate next to him told him that it was released today and I got my copy :clap: :clap: :clap:

M

mirieth

Originally posted by kitsune
OK good news to our SOA shop users.

You can now get it from them. i call to customer support and possibly what tedthedog has done. and as i walked in the manager put a copy on the counter for me.

so you should be ok to get yours now

Yay! Just have to get there and buy a copy tomorrow, now. How much was it?

/em prays they're not out of stock :eek6:

K

knobby

REst Assured

Hi guys,

Sorry to hear about all your woes with our shops today this was caused due to the buying dept not being able to send an email to all stores on tues night letting the stores know that SI was now released, but rest assured the email has been sent tonite and all stores will be selling their copies from the morning....

Sorry again

Knobby

B

BrassMonkey

Well i've ordered one from Game store online, it says despatched today so should get here tomorrow. I really hope it does because i'll be passing a high street store on my way to uni....

...as a back up though i also have a copy inc from gameplay and that says despatched today too :D Just hoping one will arrive tomorrow.

M

mirieth

Re: REst Assured

Originally posted by knobby
Hi guys,

Sorry to hear about all your woes with our shops today this was caused due to the buying dept not being able to send an email to all stores on tues night letting the stores know that SI was now released, but rest assured the email has been sent tonite and all stores will be selling their copies from the morning....

Sorry again

Knobby

..but do they have more than 2 copies per store? :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom