Game of Thrones Season 7

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
I would prefer 95% of fantasy novels die in a fire; most of them are terrible.

Exioce

Part of the furniture
Night's Dawn just seemed to be an endless torture-fest. Don't think I'd want to watch a TV version.

Tom

I am a FH squatter
I can't wait for The Hound to meet Brienne again.

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
I was sorry to see Thoros of Myr bite the dust. Paul Kaye did a brilliant job with the character

DaGaffer

Interesting. Every torrent site in the world seems to be down at the same time. Timing is...noteworthy.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Interesting. Every torrent site in the world seems to be down at the same time. Timing is...noteworthy.

Yep, took at least 5 minutes to find a working 1080 one, very frustrating.

Damn good episode, a year to go now.

DaGaffer

Of course auntie Denearys could have just said "I release you from your oath to fight for me against the Lannisters" and saved half an hour

Himse

FH is my second home
God damn. Found it interesting that Bran did not see the fact Jon was actually a Targ. Maybe his skills are still not as good as he thinks.

DaGaffer

God damn. Found it interesting that Bran did not see the fact Jon was actually a Targ. Maybe his skills are still not as good as he thinks.

Being able to look at anything and knowing what to look for, are two different things. He's also just an observer of events; that doesn't necessarily mean he actually knows what he's looking at. He's not omniscient.

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
Of course auntie Denearys could have just said "I release you from your oath to fight for me against the Lannisters" and saved half an hour

This.

Episode was ruined by lots of stupid stuff that was unnecessary.

For instance, with Theon becoming the bossman of that 8 man group, what's the significance?

Wij

I am a FH squatter
Argh. Why did I open this thread? I'm not going to watch it until I get back to my own telly. 24" is not adequate.

Running away. Not coming back.

Gray

FH is my second home
Tonights episode:

When Sam and Bran were talking about Jon, I got confused and I might need to re-watch this bit later. But during it, when Bran didn't know about Rhaegars secret marriage, he said that Jon's surname will be SAND (Of Dorne). This did not make any sense what so ever, because Elia Martell was a Sand, thus Jon was not a "Bastard of Dorne") and he was entirely a Westerosi, thus his bastard name would have been Snow?

I might have misinterpreted it on first watching, but I don't know what relevance that had even brought to the table. Bran already knew Lyanna was Jon's mother.

I just feel so disenchanted about it though, it's barely made it two months before the fuckin season has ended already. There hadn't even been any mid-season breaks to elongate it

I am looking forward to so much though next season...

Cleganebowl finally looks to be confirmed. Come on The Hound!
We should really have found out about the Sand Snake left in the dungeon with her mother
Jon finding out about being true heir, and the challenge with Dany - Although I suppose if they marry, they would both get what they wanted... But I suspect one of them will die before the season is over.
Jaime rejoining Tyrion, I wish Bronn was in tow!
Dog fights Dragon vs Dragon

At this stage they should take the criticism though and agree to extend the season by a few more episodes. Make it not feel rushed.

Himse

FH is my second home
Tonights episode:

When Sam and Bran were talking about Jon, I got confused and I might need to re-watch this bit later. But during it, when Bran didn't know about Rhaegars secret marriage, he said that Jon's surname will be SAND (Of Dorne). This did not make any sense what so ever, because Elia Martell was a Sand, thus Jon was not a "Bastard of Dorne") and he was entirely a Westerosi, thus his bastard name would have been Snow?

I might have misinterpreted it on first watching, but I don't know what relevance that had even brought to the table. Bran already knew Lyanna was Jon's mother.

I just feel so disenchanted about it though, it's barely made it two months before the fuckin season has ended already. There hadn't even been any mid-season breaks to elongate it

We should really have found out about the Sand Snake left in the dungeon with her mother
Jon finding out about being true heir, and the challenge with Dany - Although I suppose if they marry, they would both get what they wanted... But I suspect one of them will die before the season is over.

At this stage they should take the criticism though and agree to extend the season by a few more episodes. Make it not feel rushed.

I think Bronn will turn up with Jamie, he'll catch him up or something, i'm really excited for the next season, lots of things to happen. I think it will be the season Kings Landing will be burnt to the ground by Dany like in her vision back in previous seasons (then filled with snow) because of Cersei going back on her word.

Gwadien

Jon is now the king of everything, I reckon Danny will die next.

Tom

I am a FH squatter
SAND (Of Dorne). This did not make any sense what so ever, because Elia Martell was a Sand, thus Jon was not a "Bastard of Dorne") and he was entirely a Westerosi, thus his bastard name would have been Snow?

Ellaria Sand was a bastard. Oberyn was her lover, her mother was an unmarried nobody.

Bran already knew Lyanna was Jon's mother.

He didn't know they were married though. Once he was told, he went to RavenTube and watched it.

I just feel so disenchanted about it though, it's barely made it two months before the fuckin season has ended already.

I wouldn't mind betting the final season will be six extended episodes, like the episode we just watched.

Gray

FH is my second home
I re-watched the scene, Bran said Jon was a Sand because he was born in Dorne, but that was the only correlation that I could see... Still doesn't make sense because Rhaegar and Lyanna were not Dornish, so I don't know why Bran would say he is a Sand and not a Snow... Unless their custom is to name a bastard from their birth-land and not from their bloodlines (Which Rhaegar and Lyanna would have been Westerosi)...

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w2gSm7RyI6w

China China China Hodor Hodor!

DaGaffer

Tonights episode:

Dorne is in Westeros, Jon was born in a tower in Dorne, therefore, technically, if he was a bastard, as Bran assumed until he got new information from Sam, he should be a Sand not a Snow as the relevant Bastard surname is based on where you were born;

Region Surname Example
Crownlands Waters Aurane Waters
Dorne Sand Ellaria Sand
Iron Islands Pyke Cotter Pyke
North Snow Jon Snow
Reach Flowers Robert Flowers
Riverlands Rivers Walder Rivers
Stormlands Storm Rolland Storm
Vale of Arryn Stone Mya Stone
Westerlands Hill Joy Hill

Gray

FH is my second home
Suppose the bastard names make sense now, I guess there has only been a few mentions of bastards in the TV series so I made no link...

Alas, I did also note Qyburn took particular interest in the undead that was sliced and diced... I wonder if he managed to salvage the body that was not burnt and intends to make a homebrew variant similar to The Mountain...

Himse

FH is my second home
Suppose the bastard names make sense now, I guess there has only been a few mentions of bastards in the TV series so I made no link...

Alas, I did also note Qyburn took particular interest in the undead that was sliced and diced... I wonder if he managed to salvage the body that was not burnt and intends to make a homebrew variant similar to The Mountain...

Be interesting if he somehow comes up with his own dead army..

Gwadien

I reckon the Mountain has got some of that shit in him already and Qyburn is actually a bit of an evil fuck.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Why have we gone back to spoilering everything? I mean, other than @Wij - nobody is coming into the thread before they've seen the latest episode are they??
RavenTube
:clap:

So, it was a Skywalker moment then?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom