TV Game of Thrones Season 5

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
That's it. I'm fucked for this thread too.

I read the start of a post, don't know if it's a spoiler or not but had to stop reading anyway just in case.

If it could look like a spoiler, but isn't actually a spoiler because someone who has knowledge of the books knows 'it doesn't go down that way' - IT STILL TELLS YOU SOMETHING ABOUT THE STORY.

Ffs cunts. I'm gonna have to stop reading all of freddyshouse at this rate :eek:

Zarjazz

Identifies as a horologist.
I think it's actually very telling that the best part of this season isn't even in the books (yet?)

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
The books are still quite a way ahead and at this point I don't think it actually matters that much as the show is becoming so different.

Its probably for the best too due to the speed at which he writes, the next book is due next year I think and the show would probably catch up in 2-3 seasons and would then have to take a few years break. Whether he gives the show writers notes on the general story line or whether they both go their separate ways I don't know.

Its not really a spoiler any more either, in the same way saying that a space ship doesn't come down and beam people away is not a book spoiler.

and again, people should read the books if the care so much, the show has been going for years now, takes a week or so to read the books :)

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
The books are still quite a way ahead and at this point I don't think it actually matters that much as the show is becoming so different.

Its probably for the best too due to the speed at which he writes, the next book is due next year I think and the show would probably catch up in 2-3 seasons and would then have to take a few years break. Whether he gives the show writers notes on the general story line or whether they both go their separate ways I don't know.

Its not really a spoiler any more either, in the same way saying that a space ship doesn't come down and beam people away is not a book spoiler.

and again, people should read the books if the care so much, the show has been going for years now, takes a week or so to read the books :)

GRRM has apparently given the producers a working outline of the final two books to use as they see fit (and just in case he croaks probably). I think they realised the show is going to finish well ahead of the books a couple of years back (on current form A Dream Of Spring will be published in about 2021...) It will be interesting to see if the final book is even remotely like the show at this stage, but to be honest I don't really care that much.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
people should read the books if the care so much, the show has been going for years now, takes a week or so to read the books :)
No. I actually want to enjoy the show.

Books I may or may not read later. I read a lot of other books. GoT is one of a very small number of TV shows I bother with so I should be able to enjoy it (and join in on a conversation about it) - without having the plot (i.e. the thing you watch the show for) ruined by people who already have an idea of what's going on.

I'm not saying don't discuss the books. By all means - knock yourself out - I wouldn't want to impinge on that enjoyment one little bit and I'm genuinely pleased people like them. But that's what spoiler tags are for - so you don't have to selfishly fuck up other people's fun...

Yoni

Cockb@dger / Klotehommel www.lhw.photography
@Scouse im not sure what was spoiled for you???? I've not read the books, I love the show and nothing in this thread has affected my enjoyment. The books are not that relevant anymore.... I actually am loving watching Kris' face as things significantly diverge.

Wij

I am a FH squatter
@Scouse im not sure what was spoiled for you???? I've not read the books, I love the show and nothing in this thread has affected my enjoyment. The books are not that relevant anymore.... I actually am loving watching Kris' face as things significantly diverge.
Looking forward to finding out that dragons are aliens and that some of the cast are actually monotheist robots.

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
Looking forward to finding out that dragons are aliens and that some of the cast are actually monotheist robots.

Its an American show, so "because God" is probably inevitable.

(In reality I don't think GRRM is going to explain everything).

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
@Scouse im not sure what was spoiled for you???? I've not read the books, I love the show and nothing in this thread has affected my enjoyment.
I don't like to even suspect *anything* about possible future plotlines. Don't like it even in the back of my mind. There's a lot of book talk going on and most of it's spoilered but I keep coming across sentences that look like they need a spoiler tag and end up stopping reading.

I wouldn't react that way if it lack of spoilers didn't happen regularly enough in various threads. Most people are really good about it, but it only really takes one and next thing you know...

...someone tells you, despite your hands-over-your-ears protestations, that YMCA is coming in Waynes World 2 - but "it won't ruin the film for you".

YES. YES IT FUCKING WILL YOU CUNT :eek:

:eek:

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
I think you're being a bit precious about it, personally. :)

Although, it may be of interest to you that The A.V. Club (who do reviews of pretty much every TV show around - the American ones anyway) have two very separate reviews of Game of Thrones. One for "experts" or people who have knowledge of the books and one for "newbies" who are only watching the TV show. Book spoilers are non-existent in the newbies review and very much frowned upon and nuked asap by moderators in the comment section.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
I think you're being a bit precious about it, personally. :)
Horses for courses. I know some people don't give a fuck either way. I'm just on the opposite end of their scale :)

Tom

I am a FH squatter
Can we just agree that anyone who talks about the books can GTFO of this thread or the banhammer will be wielded?

Krazeh

Part of the furniture
To be fair, the book talk is becoming less of an issue now with the TV show having either overtaken the storylines or just veered wildly away. It's probably going to be even less of an issue for future series, even if George does manage to finish writing the next book in the meantime.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Can we just agree that anyone who talks about the books can GTFO of this thread or the banhammer will be wielded?
I kinda wanna agree. But spoiler tags exist for a reason, so I can't.

I'm not a raging Nazi. Well. Not yet, anyway.

Yoni

And after today's episode the books even less relevant...... *stone cold silence*

CorNokZ

Currently a stay at home dad
Good episode. A little predictable, but still very nice

Stannis, you cold bastard :eek:

Tom

I am a FH squatter
Around the survivors, a perimeter create!

Last edited:

old.user4556

Has a sexy sister. I am also a Bodhi wannabee.
Can we assume from now until the end of time that book lovers will, generally speaking, not be happy with the TV / Film version.

ECA

I am a FH squatter
I think it's not so much the plot points but how shallow the character motivations are in comparison.

Also theres no such thing as book spoilers anymore, literally every single character plotline is now ahead or different from the books. ( or the character doesn't exist ).

Yoni

My otherhalf who has read the books is not complaining about the TV adaptation at all.... He just comments if it is not in the book.... Last week he watched in wonderment this week in horror and disgust

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Jaw was open for parts.

Really enjoyed it though.

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
5/9 was a good episode - in places - but nowhere near as heart-poundingly awesome as last week's.

5/8 was the best episode of the entire show without doubt. The guy who directed that episode needs a permanent job imo, or at least given the last 3 episodes in each season to direct.

Fuck the books. The TV show is hugely entertaining.

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
5/9 was a good episode - in places - but nowhere near as heart-poundingly awesome as last week's.

5/8 was the best episode of the entire show without doubt. The guy who directed that episode needs a permanent job imo, or at least given the last 3 episodes in each season to direct.

Fuck the books. The TV show is hugely entertaining.

Meh, lots of people swinging swords, explosions, people dying, costs money.

old.user4556

Has a sexy sister. I am also a Bodhi wannabee.
That actress that plays KHAALLEESEEE is a ropey actress. I just don't get it.

"'... ah but if you'd read the books" - don't even.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
I think she is rather good. Its her entourage that it bobbins. Except that cheeky little number from Hollyoaks, she can be in anything.

I would take her to Nandos and everything.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom