TV Game of Thrones Season 5

Urgat

Part of the furniture
Just remembered that limp fucker Bran. Any chance they forgot about him?

Bran's story doesn't feature much in the part of the books this series is covering. I would be surprised if he appears at all in this series.

Zarjazz

Identifies as a horologist.
Yeah, the last we saw him is actually further ahead than the books. Those kids aren't back this season I believe.

CorNokZ

Currently a stay at home dad
Hope not. Find him really annoying for some reason.
So you want to see more of him...?

Had he only been killed in that fall! He annoys me too, you see! At least that other fair haired faggot got stabbed

Bigmac

Part of the furniture
I think the guy who plays Bran hasn't filmed for this season.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
It was brought up at the end of season 4 that Bran and co. wouldn't appear in season 5.

Gray

FH is my second home
Ahhh i made a boo boo, didn't think hah.

Dumbledore dies

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
It was brought up at the end of season 4 that Bran and co. wouldn't appear in season 5.

What, was Jon Snow like 'So, Where's Bran?' Then Sam says 'Well Jon Snow' *Looks at the camera* 'We won't be seeing him anytime soon.' *Winks*

Gray

FH is my second home
Thought this episode was amazing. Quite a few swerve in there!

the sand snakes bit is a bit meh mind. This whole woman scorned and intent on revenge seems bland t to me.

Did not expect that ending. Can't wait for next week!!

Zarjazz

Identifies as a horologist.
Well so far this season has been pretty unremarkable (by GoT standards) to me but then it's also at this point I really started to not enjoy the books so I may be slightly biased :)

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
Well so far this season has been pretty unremarkable (by GoT standards) to me but then it's also at this point I really started to not enjoy the books so I may be slightly biased :)

Know where you're coming from; having said that, there was very little in episode 4 that followed the books at all. I'd say that was the most "divergent" episode yet.

old.user4556

Has a sexy sister. I am also a Bodhi wannabee.
It feels a bit "killing the time" compared to earlier series.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Its certainly moved into the realms of "based on" properly now.

It was entertaining enough but I hope it doesn't stray too far from the books.

fettoken

I am a FH squatter
Though, is it such a bad thing that it strays from the books, honestly? In my opinion one can enjoy the stories in the books and then get a 'whole new story' with new twists in the series. Win win. I'm all for diversity. That saying i haven't read any of the books.

old.Osy

No longer scrounging, still a bastard.
I'm not a purist, I enjoyed the books immensely, and it's interesting to watch the show, sometimes at the edge of my seat, sometimes grumbling to myself about differences, but it's a good show overall.

I feel like the Ironborn / Drowned Men bit was heavily underplayed in the series, as is Arya's story. They fucked up with the actor playing the Sparrow, his acting style is out of phase, and nothing like i would have imagined that character to be.

On the positive side, Cersei's perfect, as is Jamie, The Imp, Ramsay (too good I would say, the guy gives me the heebeejeebeez), Varys and Littlefinger and their impact on the story arc is very well portrayed...

Yoni

Cockb@dger / Klotehommel www.lhw.photography
I have not read the books and won't unless he finishes them ( I'm not great at waiting 6 years for a new instalment :p).., what is great is that Kiffy is now sitting on the edge of his seat for each episode also... Much more fun for me

leggy

Probably Scottish
Loved Episode 5. Definitely starting to get interesting for me.

I am actually starting to like Stannis which is odd.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
I am actually starting to like Stannis which is odd.
This.

But this season's dragging. I'm missing Walking Dead more and more. And I can't really read this thread because there's too much talk about the books and it's a minefield of spoilers - some outside of tags...

GoT needs to up it's game - or have longer seasons. It's not got enough at the moment to keep me going. - Well, I'll still be watching it, just with a slight air of disappointment :(

I think it's relying on the naked flesh thing too much - and there's way to much man-ass nowadays too :eek:

old.user4556

Has a sexy sister. I am also a Bodhi wannabee.
I like Stannis. I feel like we're building up to him owning someone. Or maybe a firey death.

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
This.

But this season's dragging. I'm missing Walking Dead more and more. And I can't really read this thread because there's too much talk about the books and it's a minefield of spoilers - some outside of tags...

GoT needs to up it's game - or have longer seasons. It's not got enough at the moment to keep me going. - Well, I'll still be watching it, just with a slight air of disappointment :(

I think it's relying on the naked flesh thing too much - and there's way to much man-ass nowadays too :eek:

To be honest I expected a relatively "slow" season; be thankful for small mercies, there's a ton of shit been dumped from books four and five that bored the tits off me. I genuinely prefer the direction of the show at this point.

fettoken

I am a FH squatter
This.

He's starting to be more like-able isn't he.

Regarding the pacing of the series, well, when having a whole season ahead of you and watching episode after episode uninterruptedly, a few episodes building up to the good stuff isn't bad, but now when they are a week in between, it can be sort of sluggish. But that's the case with every series.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
I like Stannis in the books too, he is a bit of a dick at first but changes over time and they have done his character perfectly in the show. The same with Jamie.

throdgrain

FH is my second home
This.

Anyone with any sense is obviously missing the Walking Dead though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom