Funniest [Advice] you've been asked?

A

Armus

This happened a while ago (not advice, but still funny)...

Grey-con player: "Give me some money please"

(I have an in-game policy where I don't ask for money or give away money, also the same when it comes to power-levelling. Why bother playing the game if you need to do either of those things?)

Me: "Sorry, I don't give money away"

Grey-con player: "Give me money, or else"

Me: "Or else what, you'll PK me?"

Grey-con player: "Yeah"

Me: /ignore [Grey-con player]

The only time someone has gone on my ignore list.

S

SFXman

Originally posted by danskmacabre
When I was really low lvl, I used to go up to Purp con's and say.
"Please can you spare 5sp for a horse?"
Usually they'd give me 1-5 GP instead.
I learnt this trick from a RL friend who plays DAOC.
Apparently he managed to score around 58 GP in a relatively short period of time of using this method.
This is so true. Had it happen before when I was lower level and lately I tend to do this if someone asks for money :)
They ask for 1gp I give them 10gp :)

D

danskmacabre

Originally posted by old.job
Ooh ,you've blown it now Dansk, anyone asking for 5s now, GETS 5s..
And next time I see em I'll ask for it back :)

Well, Luckily I have a lvl 39 char to fund my alts now, so I don't need to use that trick anymore.
I recently transferred 200 GP to my Armsman alt.
Saves a lot of hassle collecting treasure and stuff and selling it.
And I always have the best stuff for my Armsman, which is nice.

After saying that, I'm usually very generous in giving money/magic items to low lvl peeps in game.

M

Madonion Slicer

You can tell a decent "new" player from "noobie looking for the fastest way to get through the game" player, if your the first type then i have a lot of time for you and will help all i can, if you the second type it will be as if you spec 50 in stealth as i will see right through you:D

B

bf_kate

Originally posted by old.laughingboy
Anyway insist on Damage add wont do Heal, we pull some of us die including the Friar, then he tells us he cant Rez not spec high enough in Chants.........pretty sure he is lvl34

I left the group

Maybe he didn't know to spec in chants to 30 as quickly as possible. If you didn't know anything about the game, then it would be easy to get to 30 and suddenly realize this. :(

M

Madonion Slicer

True but i think even new players have the sense that there special ability ie Long Bow, Intruments, Chants and so on, are there becuase they make you unique from the other classes and should be your first port of call when dishing out the points.

But you are still right everyone can make a mistake, but still not know why we would want heal chant instead of damage, i expect that from a 10+ player not someone who got through the 30+

O

old.job

I agree on the money thing, it spoils the game a bit, a good rule would be that the most money you can give should be 5s every 10 mins :)

D

danskmacabre

I don't see why being able to transfer money or getting money from people "Spoils" the game, Why do you think that?

O

old.job

Because it takes away the value of the currency for low lvls, how many times do you see loads of drops all over the floor cos no-one can be arsed picking them up to sell, they just xfer relatively huge amounts from their main characters.

Money is now getting worthless in the game, lvl 50 mains can farm in so much cash that any alts under 40 dont need to bother collecting it.

My Enchanter is 24 and I have never picked up 1 drop.

D

danskmacabre

So?.
I enjoyed playing my first character, Even tho I did scab SOME money off ppl along the way, I largely had to work pretty hard to get cash to upgrade my kit.

But I really don't want to have to scrounge my way throguh the levels with my alts, because I just want to explore the possibilites of the characters etc, plenty of room for roleplaying.

And anyway, if you don't want the cash, just don't ask and you won't get.

T

trigali

Job,

What you say just tells me that you are not a crafter.

How do you sell your crafted items to players if you can only transfer 5s ?

How can your guild sponsor you if they can only do it 5s at a time ? You need well in excess of 3 plat to get to 1000 craftskill.

That simply does not work.

To stay in the thread, I was soloing with my alt in Muspel the other morning (Cili) when I receive a /send from someone in Mularn: HI TRIGALI GIVE ITAMS PLZ !!!

I think "WT Hell?" and start to write a 'f** off' type reply when I suddently realise the guy called me by my main char's name.

It was a prank by a new alt from a guild mate of mine. Almost had me there and that was a funny request, although not a genuine one.

F

Flimgoblin

Originally posted by Armus
This happened a while ago (not advice, but still funny)...

Grey-con player: "Give me some money please"

(I have an in-game policy where I don't ask for money or give away money, also the same when it comes to power-levelling. Why bother playing the game if you need to do either of those things?)

Me: "Sorry, I don't give money away"

Grey-con player: "Give me money, or else"

Me: "Or else what, you'll PK me?"

Grey-con player: "Yeah"

Me: /ignore [Grey-con player]

The only time someone has gone on my ignore list.

shame it's not PvP yet ;)

O

old.blackonyx

I remember many moons ago, being lost somewere in Mulan and comming accross 2 ppl farming a camp for XP , I waited for them to rest then :-

Me - "Can you point me in the direction of the town please"
Them - "Sure, For 5s"

So I started to walk off pissed, then had an Idea, being a healng shamie, whenever they pulled a mob I casted a small heal to both of them and sat down.

After 3 cycles i got :-

Them - "Please stop Healing us you are taking our XP"
Me - "Sure, for 5s"

Lol they gave it to me so I gave it back to them, they laughed and pointed me to town.

O

old.job

I'm sure they could seperate 'buying from 'giving'
and 'sponsering' could be handled in a similair manner, maybe allowing Guild leaders to hand large amounts every so often to people who were training.

Of course you could just pay well over the odds for any item, would people craft just so they could recieve cash though the back door?

C

case-rigantis

oh the silly questions while i was listed as an advisor...

Q"can you tell me how to get to Camelot?"
A"sure where are you?"
Q i don`t know"
A "erm..."

Q"money pleeezze!!!"
A"Why don`t you ask your guild?" (he was a member of the second largest guild in albion)
Q"You f**cking tight bastard loser!..you cocks"cking piec of sh*it asshole i`m gonna piss you off f*cker!"
A"NP anytime :) "

Q"hi i`m in thidranki .are these mobs aggressive it doesn`t say?"
newbie was killed by...enter assorted middie`s here...

V

Verena

When I started playing in beta I made an enchanter.

I was out in Mag Mell and I just got a new spell and the icon looked like my Baseline DD's.

I ran out to the field there walked to max range and got 4 casts of on the mob before it reached me on full health. I died 3 times in a row to some random skeleton.

A guy was passing by and was happy to explain to me that the "stun" spell I was using doesn't dmg mobs and I should use Direct Damage spells. :m00: :m00:

:rolleyes:

O

old.Takahome

Originally posted by case-rigantis

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAH ROFLMAO, sorry that just cracked m up hahahahahahaha

F

Flimgoblin

Originally posted by case-rigantis
oh the silly questions while i was listed as an advisor...

Q"can you tell me how to get to Camelot?"
A"sure where are you?"
Q i don`t know"
A "erm..."

Q"money pleeezze!!!"
A"Why don`t you ask your guild?" (he was a member of the second largest guild in albion)
Q"You f**cking tight bastard loser!..you cocks"cking piec of sh*it asshole i`m gonna piss you off f*cker!"
A"NP anytime :) "

lol :) aww poor thing didn't know much about RvR..

wonder if the second fellow is still a member of that guild? ;)

T

tris-

Originally posted by danskmacabre
So?.
I enjoyed playing my first character, Even tho I did scab SOME money off ppl along the way, I largely had to work pretty hard to get cash to upgrade my kit.

Ditto, i was wearing full suit of green/blue con armour, all 85% qua at level 35. still made it through though.

O

old.job

Verena wrote

I ran out to the field there walked to max range and got 4 casts of on the mob before it reached me on full health. I died 3 times in a row to some random skeleton

LoL Verena
, funny how you just keep casting in a panic till it's on you.

My first pbaoe, I thought it was speed spell, casted it, strange animation I thought for speed, hmm doesn't do much.
Ran 'slowly' for 2 mins before deciding to investigate its properties :)

K

Keri

On the subject of "begging" I will admit to having asked for a small amount of cash. With one alt, I asked someone in Connla if they could spare 5s for a horse so I didn't have to try running all the way to TNN to meet up with the one who was holding some transferred items. Another time, I asked someone if they could "spare a few coppers for a poor gimp" (BM), and they gave me 5g. About a week later (just a couple of days ago), I saw the same generous character when playing a different alt. I returned the 5g to her, explaining that I was the same player as the gimp BM she generously gave 5g to. Needless to say, she was surprised and thankful, at the unexpected repayment of the debt.

I think a lot of us have felt the need to ask for a small cash boost at times, but it really helps if you
a) don't ask for more than you need to do what you absolutely have to at the time (don't go asking for cash for weapons/armour beyond your level)
b) don't ask for a loan .. you and the donor know full well that in 99% of cases, the loan will never be repaid
c) write down the name of the donor, and the amount, then when you are able to, and find the donor, repay the debt, reminding them of the donation occasion if necessary
and most important ....
d) ask politely, and don't keep asking everyone you see.

M

matax

Originally posted by Verena
When I started playing in beta I made an enchanter.

I was out in Mag Mell and I just got a new spell and the icon looked like my Baseline DD's.

I ran out to the field there walked to max range and got 4 casts of on the mob before it reached me on full health. I died 3 times in a row to some random skeleton.

Similar thing here :rolleyes: Played healer on Mid for a while happily mezzing and healing. Changed to playing a bard on Hib, we pulled the lunantishee/tree baffing mobs, I try to mez - all the mobs start running around attacking random members of the group ! We just about kill them, everyone looks confused ! Try again, same thing happens. We then realise that the 'mez' icon for the healer is the 'confusion' icon for the bard :D I quitely delete the confusion icon from my quick bar.

T

tOkfRanZ

Moonshield the RA

had a greencon lvl 30 coming up to me last night asking me what the Moonshield /stuck to me was called and what it did.

told him it was called Moonshield and it got the agro off me in most cases.
the greencon was amazed by the skill and planned to get one himself. I didnt get it tho, isnt a lvl 30 guy supposed to know something is not an ra when it says <You examine Moonshield. He is a member of the Wizard class in your realm.!>

Moonshield was a guy i was powerlevling :))
i sat laughing mao for 10 minutes :)

N

Nonnier

Originally posted by SFXman

This is so true. Had it happen before when I was lower level and lately I tend to do this if someone asks for money :)
They ask for 1gp I give them 10gp :)

come over to mid! I need a gold :)

oh and a green con asked me "why can't i solo those trolls (yellow con to me) while you can?"

took me 5 mins to stop laughing

G

Generic Poster

There are some very generous people when it comes to giving gold. I've never had trouble when starting alts on another server, only last week, I switched back to Hib/Ex and soon after I recieved 150g from a lv50! (no begging involved)

Normally if Im bored, I pick names at random and try a little role-playing. It can be a good laugh if the stranger role-plays back.... my newbie ranger in Ardee was asking an enchanter to buff him. It didn't matter that the enchanter was in Emain! He finally agreed to buff me if he died... and a few mins later, there he was. He tried to drop 10g on me aswell, but I keep business seperate from pleasure ;)

If I start an alt on Alb/Pry, I love asking Sorcerers and Cabalists for buffs :p
I drop role-playing in favour of the 'aggressive-newbie' approach:
newbie : buff pls
Mage : <no answer>
newbie : Buff Quick!!
Mage : I can't
newbie : BUFF ME
Mage : I can't buff
newbie : Damage +add
Mage : I can debuff
newbie : Grrrrrr

Just so you know... that evil-newbie might be someone having you on ;)

My genuine and most absurd newbie moment was in the beta, when I crossed the bridge north of Ludlow(It's a huge bridge). I got the feeling that I was entering an RvR zone... possibly Midgard! So I turned around and ran back to Cotswold :/

[Edit]
A /salute goes out to crafters who make lowbie items, for free :)

A

arladon

I remember making my first char, Briton Paladin. I got pretty annoyed after a while tho thinking: "I got to press A each time to attack?" I got to lvl 8 in 4 days... RL time..(the thing whit stabile servers)

S

SilverHood

Had the funiest one today

Had just accidentally pressed by Mjolnir button instead of single bolt... (AoEing 2 purple mezzed mobs is bad for your health btw)

Someone in the CG goes bloody thanes

BLABLA[Advice]: What is a thane

I could not stop laughing

O

old.Takahome

Re: Had the funiest one today

Originally posted by SilverHood
Someone in the CG goes bloody thanes

BLABLA[Advice]: What is a thane

I could not stop laughing

:_DDDDDDD

O

old.Takahome

Re: Moonshield the RA

Originally posted by tOkfRanZ
had a greencon lvl 30 coming up to me last night asking me what the Moonshield /stuck to me was called and what it did.

told him it was called Moonshield and it got the agro off me in most cases.
the greencon was amazed by the skill and planned to get one himself. I didnt get it tho, isnt a lvl 30 guy supposed to know something is not an ra when it says <You examine Moonshield. He is a member of the Wizard class in your realm.!>

Moonshield was a guy i was powerlevling :))
i sat laughing mao for 10 minutes :)

Omg this thread is a roflmao, so many good things here, bump and laugh x_DDDD

S

Solid

Ahh beta memories.

Beta day 1
Decided on a Dwarf Thane
Got to char creation page
time to allocate stats
no manual, hmm lemme guess.

Str - Obvious, 5 points, thank you very much
Con - again obvious, 5 points, thank you very much
Dex - thought it was like D2, would make me hit more, 5 in that
Qui - wee I will run faster, 5 in that methinks
Emp - ooh good faction, mobs will be my friends, 5 please
Cha - ooh NPC will like me, 5 in that as well methinks
Pie - Young Solid says "erm, whats a thane need to pray for? Pie is surely for paladins only, dont think I will bother with that"
int - hmm as much as i tried to guess, couldnt figure this one out, left it

So in comes my first ever char, Sveird the Dwarf Empathetic, Charismatic, Dextrous, Strong, Constitutional speedy Thane

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom