Funniest [Advice] you've been asked?

K

krait

Lev 4x armsman.... "How do you get to Llyn Barfog mate"

;)

F

Flimgoblin

Originally posted by agraucred

[edit again] oh and yesm im also confused at how he chose to be an armsman but didnt work out speccing.

helps if they look at the manual..

you can become an armsman without seeing the spec window - have to right click again once you're an armsman.

paladin two handed weapons could be confusing :) large weapons in hib are a single spec - spec it you can wield them big hammers

in albion you need your damage type + two handed... so not instantly obvious :)

And don't you know that all purple con players can ress? :)

T

Turamber

"What is Dartmoor?"

Assorted levels 40-45 in a tangler group :)

O

old.Biohazard

The most fun /advice someone ever asked me?

Gotta be the guy that told me he deleted his character because he had 0 constitution left because he didn't know that it was restorable.

B

Belsameth

Originally posted by krait
Lev 4x armsman.... "How do you get to Llyn Barfog mate"

;)

can't actually blame him. Barfog is hell to find if you've never been there :(

S

starblade

Got this a long time ago when teaming with 3x s/s armsman when I told him to draw agro :

"Draw agro .... what do you mean ?"

<insert whole explanation that ended in 'use the taunt styles when you hit the monster'>

"Taunt, what is that"

<re-insert whole explanation again ... in simple, easy-to understand words>

Turns out he was actually still on Ruby Slash.

A

Arlone

was in thid today with my 24 infi and got a send from someone in camp.forest:

someone: 'can u buff me plz???'

my reponse: 'erhm? I'm an infil and have no buffs to offer'

someone: 'plz!!11'

<no response>

someone: 'gimmi coins plz!!'

/ignore

I find it strange that a level 1 char knows about buffs and yet have no clue who has them.

I know people are always bugging our lil guildsorcerer (Xaktoz) for buffs. Not only are they asking for buffs but they also refuse to understand that he has no buffs even after he's explained it 5 times to them.

Lucky I'm not a wizzie or theurgist or my ignorelist would prolly make the servers explode :p

[EDIT]

forgot the story about my IRL-friend starting to play camelot.

Well, last week another IRL-friend of mine bought DAoC and I was of course called in to help him learn the 'basics' of the game. It's actually quite complicated if you've never played an RPG before :)

Anyways, I go over stuff like chats, DPS and the diffrent con's. After a few days he's level 9 and joins us on a guildevet (raiding akvark faste or whatever it's called).

When there he send me a PM:

'hey, how come my constitution is only 9?'

I couldn't stop laughing for 20 minutes cause he had earlier complained that he had trouble taking out yellow-con mobs ... well no fekking wonder :D

O

old.diabolus

best ive heard comes from a paladin that is 50 now :D

"i lvld from 1 to 14 withouth speccing and buying any armor because i didnt know how to do it, i was killing greens all time"

N

Nonnier

leval 2 viking asked me "how do i use dust dart"

a lvl 36 thane asked me "where is spindel"

a lvl 6 runey asked me "whats the point of a runey, my staff does crap dmg"

a lvl 8 thane asked "when do thanes get plate"

and last but not least

"can i have your arcanium axe plz" from a lvl 3 troll viking

F

Flimgoblin

Originally posted by Soulcatcher

can't actually blame him. Barfog is hell to find if you've never been there :(

that's true - the valley/pass isn't the most obvious.

A

Adri

someone: cant seem 2 get my lvl40 epic, any ideas?
me: have u completed all your other epics?
someone: yes
me: hmmm

/who (someone) - lv39!!!!!!!!

DOH!

O

old.Elfslayer

I always get asked to buff people, I just reply that I can give them a nasty debuff, usualy scares them away

F

Flimgoblin

Originally posted by old.Elfslayer
I always get asked to buff people, I just reply that I can give them a nasty debuff, usualy scares them away

hey! you refused to debuff me on the teleporter! I wanted level 50 debuffs! Isude's level 41 ones don't gimp me enough, I'm still unstoppable in emain ;)

S

sru

Sitting at Tanglers in Lyonesse, person in group asks "Anyone know where Lyonesse is ?"

B

bf_kate

Heheh...

I put myself on the /advice list.
Then about a month later I noticed that I didn't have /advice active in my chat window. :D Oops.

The one I hate: How do I spec?
What do you want your cleric to do? Heal? Smite?
I want it to be good.
Errr...

O

old.Osmosis

Not strictly advice questions, since I don't often get daft ones (though the huge number of alt infiltrators is beginning to get silly), however, as a tailor I got to asked make "those cool cloaks" rather a lot.

This threw me a bit, since I hadn't got a clue what they meant by 'cool cloaks'.

It took about 10 minutes of questions back and forth until it turned out they wanted Regal cloaks, the ones with the edging.

I don't normally make teir 1-4 items as it's simply not worth the effort, but I ended up making a load of regal cloaks and giving them away that day.

See Osmo for 'cool' cloaks... :rolleyes:

D

danskmacabre

I'll be honest and say when I started playing DAOC, I asked some really embarrassing questions.
But in my defense, DAOC is the first MMORPG I've played.

F

Flimgoblin

Originally posted by sru
Sitting at Tanglers in Lyonesse, person in group asks "Anyone know where Lyonesse is ?"

I do freudian slips like that :) say Lyonesse instead of Llyn Barfog... that kinda thing.

F

Flimgoblin

Originally posted by old.Osmosis
Not strictly advice questions, since I don't often get daft ones (though the huge number of alt infiltrators is beginning to get silly), however, as a tailor I got to asked make "those cool cloaks" rather a lot.

This threw me a bit, since I hadn't got a clue what they meant by 'cool cloaks'.

It took about 10 minutes of questions back and forth until it turned out they wanted Regal cloaks, the ones with the edging.

I don't normally make teir 1-4 items as it's simply not worth the effort, but I ended up making a load of regal cloaks and giving them away that day.

See Osmo for 'cool' cloaks... :rolleyes:

coo didn't know you could make them - serves me right for not makin a tailor :)

M

Madonion Slicer

I love it when in Cotsworld or WD, when someone will come up to you and say.

"Need 20G for new Weapon" - Player

"Your lvl10 what possible weapon could cost 20G" - Me

And they say so as matter of fact like i a ment to just hand money over, please come on now be inventive, a little creativity and charm you might get somewhere.

Have aslo been ask how to attack mobs, of which i reply /quit then wait 15 seconds and read the manual.

But real new players i have a lot of time for as i know what it was like when i first started.

M

Madonion Slicer

Oh no i just remember 2 days ago with my Wizard at the Gobos we had 4 Casters a Friar and 2 Scouts and a Paladin, the Pala runs damage add chant everyone asks him to run heal chant to help with aggro the guy does not even know that this pulls aggro he insist that damage is better as heal does not heal well........................................WE DONT WANT IT TO HEAL WE WANT IT TO DRAW AGGRO - Said by every member of Group.

Anyway insist on Damage add wont do Heal, we pull some of us die including the Friar, then he tells us he cant Rez not spec high enough in Chants.........pretty sure he is lvl34

I left the group

S

SFXman

Damn, I didn't know you could make them either! How many types are there of cloaks that one can craft?

D

danskmacabre

Originally posted by old.laughingboy
I love it when in Cotsworld or WD, when someone will come up to you and say.

"Need 20G for new Weapon" - Player

"Your lvl10 what possible weapon could cost 20G" - Me

And they say so as matter of fact like i a ment to just hand money over, please come on now be inventive, a little creativity and charm you might get somewhere.

Have aslo been ask how to attack mobs, of which i reply /quit then wait 15 seconds and read the manual.

But real new players i have a lot of time for as i know what it was like when i first started.

When I was really low lvl, I used to go up to Purp con's and say.
"Please can you spare 5sp for a horse?"
Usually they'd give me 1-5 GP instead.
I learnt this trick from a RL friend who plays DAOC.
Apparently he managed to score around 58 GP in a relatively short period of time of using this method.

O

old.job

Ooh ,you've blown it now Dansk, anyone asking for 5s now, GETS 5s..
And next time I see em I'll ask for it back :)

I

ivan_tribbiani

Well when i started off <DaoC being my first ever RPG i had no cluess of what a mob was or what a pull was, but im a quick learner> i was totally clueless, doing backstabs out of stealth and then wondering why it said " you fail to execute your backstab I" :) I didnt know how to find the person to answer the questions i had...... so i would come up and chat in /say ........ i would say something like this
/say could you please help me ?

Purp : what with ?

/say can you tell me how to backstab properly..........

Purp : you need any money ?

/say i have about 4 silver already

Purp --> gives me 10 silver

/say wow 10 silver thank you, but could you please explain me how to backstab a monster properly ?

Purp --> grabs a horse and rides off

Im standing there clueless, and back in the old days there werent any /advisors on most time, so i was stuck.........then someone i grouped with explained the way /g and /send works hehe.

D

Danya

Originally posted by old.laughingboy
Oh no i just remember 2 days ago with my Wizard at the Gobos we had 4 Casters a Friar and 2 Scouts and a Paladin, the Pala runs damage add chant everyone asks him to run heal chant to help with aggro the guy does not even know that this pulls aggro he insist that damage is better as heal does not heal well........................................WE DONT WANT IT TO HEAL WE WANT IT TO DRAW AGGRO - Said by every member of Group.

Anyway insist on Damage add wont do Heal, we pull some of us die including the Friar, then he tells us he cant Rez not spec high enough in Chants.........pretty sure he is lvl34
I've grouped with a paladin who said (and I quote) "I don't want to get aggro" when I asked him for healchant... Guess he wanted the wizard to tank it. :p

F

Flimgoblin

I always ask their destination and buy em a ticket ;)

but I'm a stingy git. Go make yer own cash :p

O

old.job

Stingy?..Scottish?

Doesn't compute?

Billy Connelly......My father dropped a fifty pence piece yesterday..bent down to pick it up and it hit him on the back of the head :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom