friars FOTM uber groupability

Alan

Fledgling Freddie
<yawns at Mythic>

More Friar and Warden love, naff all for Thanes.

Tafaya Anathas

Fledgling Freddie
Tears said:
<yawns at Mythic>

More Friar and Warden love, naff all for Thanes.

Mythic said they won't stuff all class changes into one patch. In 1.83 reavers will get a boost, so maybe that will be the hybrid boost patch.

Righthandof

Fledgling Freddie
Tafaya Anathas said:
Mythic said they won't stuff all class changes into one patch. In 1.83 reavers will get a boost, so maybe that will be the hybrid boost patch.

1.82 is the hybrid patch with friar, warden and thane.

1.83 is -hopefully- another hybrid patch with reaver, pally, champ.. or reaver, valewalker, and valkyrie.. :<

back to topic: yay, 25% extra endurance for everyone.. thats like 1 extra hit which is far not end regen 5 with unlimited sprint + styles.

Tafaya Anathas

Fledgling Freddie
Righthandof said:
1.82 is the hybrid patch with friar, warden and thane.

1.83 is -hopefully- another hybrid patch with reaver, pally, champ.. or reaver, valewalker, and valkyrie.. :<

back to topic: yay, 25% extra endurance for everyone.. thats like 1 extra hit which is far not end regen 5 with unlimited sprint + styles.

Yeah sorry, but as an assassin patch it didn't bring too much for infiltrators, maybe there will be more thane love in 1.83 along with then hybrids.

Anny

Fledgling Freddie
ok this is not about friars but in the same patch notes i found this

- The following classes have been given a forced skill respec upon login: Thane, Friar, Bainshee, Warlock, Infiltrator, Shadowblade or Nightshade.

whats this all about ? why force a skill respec ???

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
thanes get long range nukes with some extra up close stuff - all very nice if you're not a member of the "thanes need to nuke harder than runemasters instantly while meleeing like warriors" camp ;)

wardens get shield spec, more spec points, group heal proc/pbaoe heal proc buffs, just incase there was a group out there thinking of not having a warden in it ;)

friars get the same proc buffs as the warden (but at a higher proc rate which works out at pretty much even given swing speeds etc.), a reverse proc that conflicts with the cleric one, their HoT improved to be almost worth casting and their end reduction buff made group.

"love"-wise it's all about similar, but I wasn't aware wardens had so many issues - at least not as many as thanes/friars had....

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
Anny said:
ok this is not about friars but in the same patch notes i found this

- The following classes have been given a forced skill respec upon login: Thane, Friar, Bainshee, Warlock, Infiltrator, Shadowblade or Nightshade.

whats this all about ? why force a skill respec ???

you get a full respec but you don't get to just hoard it ;)

Anny

Fledgling Freddie
what about inf's what have i missed that needs them to have a respec ?

Righthandof

Fledgling Freddie
Tafaya Anathas said:
Yeah sorry, but as an assassin patch it didn't bring too much for infiltrators, maybe there will be more thane love in 1.83 along with then hybrids.

ah ok, i see where you're coming from.

and i agree they didnt do much, just homogenized the classes, giving remedy to every1, and some extra sb love o0 nothing creative or at least balanced but whatever :)

Ryuno

Can't get enough of FH
Anny said:
what about inf's what have i missed that needs them to have a respec ?

all stealthers can now get abilities at certain points in stealth line.

35 = the current SB RR5 (1000 unit PA after a 10 sec "slip into shadows")
39 = the current INF RR5 (can PA and not drop stealth)

Alan

Fledgling Freddie
Flimgoblin said:
thanes get long range nukes with some extra up close stuff - all very nice if you're not a member of the "thanes need to nuke harder than runemasters instantly while meleeing like warriors" camp ;)

wardens get shield spec, more spec points, group heal proc/pbaoe heal proc buffs, just incase there was a group out there thinking of not having a warden in it ;)

friars get the same proc buffs as the warden (but at a higher proc rate which works out at pretty much even given swing speeds etc.), a reverse proc that conflicts with the cleric one, their HoT improved to be almost worth casting and their end reduction buff made group.

"love"-wise it's all about similar, but I wasn't aware wardens had so many issues - at least not as many as thanes/friars had....

Wardens - get RvR groups

Friars - now stand a chance of getting RvR groups

Thanes - get told to sod off

Tafaya Anathas

Fledgling Freddie
Righthandof said:
ah ok, i see where you're coming from.

and i agree they didnt do much, just homogenized the classes, giving remedy to every1, and some extra sb love o0 nothing creative or at least balanced but whatever :)

If they wanted to balance the 1v1 assassin fights they failed I think. Time will tell, but if infils become underdogs I won't whine, just simply team up with another assassin(s) or stealther(s), but that won't be 1v1 for sure.

Btw what am I talking about inf prolly will be underdogs?

1. 2.5 spec point means almost nothing since composite spec
2. nightshades got new toys
3. shadowblades got bludgeon which is okay beacuse of the armortables, but they have more hp, more strength and they have phoebus harp necky

At this state of 1.82 infiltrators haven't received any usable class unique ability while the others have. Hibs and mids are happy about this I think, but imo it will just ruin the yet almost unexistent solo aspect of stealth war.

Tafaya Anathas

Fledgling Freddie
Ryuno said:
all stealthers can now get abilities at certain points in stealth line.

35 = the current SB RR5 (1000 unit PA after a 10 sec "slip into shadows")
39 = the current INF RR5 (can PA and not drop stealth)

Any infiltrator (and assassin) higher then IQ of 1 wont's overspec stealth for these abilities.

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
Tears said:
Thanes - get told to sod off

yeah but they had better nukes than me before this patch never mind after ;) so no sympathy from me :p

[HB]Jpeg

Loyal Freddie
roll on this patch .. pain in ass lack of grps and also trying to solo and getting steam rolled by fg of enemys constantly.. or if i do find solo its a vampiir or Warlock :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom